Thirty-Three

I feel really sleepy and I think Harry is too, not so sure but we are in the dark and everything is quiet apart from the two of us inside the shed.

"Your heartbeat is really fast though," I mumble, leaning my head back and closing my eyes.

"Was fast, Swift," Harry replies.

I raise an eyebrow after opening my eyes, quite unsure if he sees it or not because I sure can see him easily. No doubt, his eyes are really sleepy. It's almost nine anyways.

I purse my lips, "Only one way to find out."

"Tay, what are you —"

I lean my head against his chest, my ear right at him. His heart is obviously racing by the second.

"Taylor, this is really uncomfortable." Harry groans and I hear it a little too loudly. Still, his heartbeats are way too fast, almost the same as earlier.

"Taylor," he repeats and I laugh as I take my head off his chest.

I smirk, "No denying, your heartbeat is really fast." I sit beside him again and sigh, "You know, I've never really asked you. . ."

"Hmm?"

"Does the suit fit you?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"It fits quite alright, yeah," he answers and there's this quiet moment of victory that I have in my head. "You picked the size, didn't you?"

"Well, I sort of estimated but I'm glad to know my memory can be useful," I reply. "What about the Hot Wheels?"

"Scattered," he answers. "Don't worry, I like them."

"Are you going to prom?" I ask, keeping the conversation flowing since we really haven't talked in a while.

"Course."

"Who's your date?"

"Haven't got the foggiest," he replies. "I don't have to ask yours."

Course not. I shrug, "If I didn't have Runner I would have asked you out. I've seen the suit so I don't have to be a genius to say it'll look pretty great on you. You are going to wear it, right?"

It takes him a while but he finally responds with a nod. "I am going to wear it, for sure."

I almost run out of things to say until I remember something, "How did you know I've been lying? Th-These past few days."

"Aside from the fact that your mind is obviously flying, you don't respond to jokes," Harry trails. "Your books."

"What?"

"Your books. The pages," he says. "At first, I thought, it was just a simple thing. Your Hungergames book? The sides are almost worn out but the thing is, bottom has more creases and folds than the top, almost nowhere in the middle."

"Okay," I reply. "You're not making any sense."

He laughs and I do too. "I haven't finished yet. May I borrow one?"

"Like — Like one book?" I ask and he nods so I take out one book from my bag and then give it to him.

"When you're happy or your days are alright, most of the time, you turn the pages from the bottom side, see?" Harry points to the bottom side that has a lot of creases so far. "These past few days, and I've seen, during your worst days, at the top."

I didn't even notice I do that.

Once again, Harry renders me speechless. I can barely think of the words to say. I mean, even I didn't notice that, how did he?