Twelve

"Why in the hell would you have a crush on me?!" I ask as a simple overreaction. Instead of the usual, 'avoid or be weirded-out' expression that usually occurs when someone tells you they have a crush on you, I tend to laugh it off and ask that question.

"You're honestly asking me that question?" Harry asks. "Shouldn't it be awkward for you?"

"Yes, it probably should," I answer very plainly. "I mean, you are dating Lindsey. You are dating her, right?"

"Yes, I am," he answers. "But just because I'm dating someone, that doesn't mean I have no right to crush on someone else."

I am not sure if that's a player rule or just a simple life rule.

"Yeah, okay. I get it," I say, I mean, it's pretty rare that someone admits that they have a crush on me. "I'll forget about it, only if you tell me why."

"Nothing, I just like the way you always mess with me. You proved me wrong more than twice," he replies.

"Oh okay." I blink a few times, "Anyways, let's not bring that up, kay? If other people hears us, we're dead."

"Yeah, of course."

Honestly, the days after goes by a little weird. I should be the one avoiding Harry, because he's the one that has a crush on me but it is the other way around. He doesn't talk to me like he did during the past few days, and sure as hell see me as dust, almost invisible.

I don't mind though, I'm not fond of getting attached to stranger anyways.

He joins us during lunch but at most, he sits with Micha and Runner. I don't really care that much.

"Mrs. Cartwright, I'll be going out with Runner. Nothing's wrong with that, right?" I ask as she stands to be my parent here.

Mrs. Cartwright nods, "Of course not, just be careful and be back by your curfew or your father will have our heads."

I giggle at her little joke, "Sure thing. Besides, you know Runner."

Fun fact, I never ever spent a whole night with Runner, I don't allow it and he's gotten used to getting me back at home before nine PM. That's my limit, every single day even though my curfew is at eleven.

"What do you think of him?" I ask, even though I know I've already asked that to Mrs. Cartwright more than a few times.

Mrs. Cartwright sits in front of me, "He respects you and your rules, I'd think that's enough."

Truth is, I'm just asking that because I look at everything the shortsighted way. I tend to enjoy the moment, not really wanting to look forward to the future. I know how my life will end up, and I'm pretty sure there's a chance that I'll get controlled, the way society did with my mom.

I know how much dad promises that I won't end up like mom, arranged marriage and all but I don't think that promise can be kept too easily.

So, in the end, I tend to enjoy my my life at the very moment. Takes one to know one as I know Harry's life will be the same as mine. The only difference is, he is really enjoying his.

That's why I always whine about the fact that my parents never let me travel. They should really let me enjoy my life.

"He's a great guy," I say, somehow out of context. "The only flaw is his family really hates me."

"It's bound to happen, it's the real life, Taylor. Not everyone is going to like you. Especially, in-laws."

"Okay, the life lessons are noted," I say. "But the in-law thing is completely unnecessary."