Thirteen

Monday, before lunch time, Runner is still pissed off at Harry. Mostly, it's just because of the almost hit but I kept telling him I was okay. I know for a fact that he isn't going to invite Harry over for lunch so in recess I make my way to their class. . . as in their class since Runner is in the same class, only he wasn't there.

It's pretty rare that I go to their class since it's a floor away but I don't think I want Harry to feel out of the cats. Little does he know that he's already in it whether he liked it or not. And I'm not just going to let him out of it.

Unfortunately, when I get there, Harry's with Lindsey. It was at that moment when I don't know whether I go on ahead and approach them or wait for it. Lindsey and I aren't close at all, we just see each other every once in while, I don't mess with her, she doesn't mess with me so I have no problems with her.

I just don't know whether I approach them or not.

Not.

They are taking very long. I lean against the walls, with my arms crossed, counting how many minutes I have left before I am considered late for Mr. Bishop's class.

Finally, that brunette leaves Harry and I approach him immediately.

Harry rubs his eyes and takes a very deep breath upon seeing me. Yet I try not to comment on that.

"Hey," I say. "Just so you know, you're spending lunch with us. You're not backing out even though you almost killed me."

"I didn't —"

I hold up my hand, "Not my point, it's not my point. I just, I don't want you to feel like you can't have lunch with us. Don't bail on me."

"But Taylor—"

"Don't. . . bail on me," I say in a stern voice. And then I smile, "I'll see you, Harold."

The school bell rings so I after skipping a few steps as though it was spring, I run to the lower floor as though I am in a marathon.

I sneak into my next class, luckily without getting seen by Mr. Bishop and then I settle with my seat next to Madz.

"Where the bloody hell have you been?" Madz asks. "You honestly look like a sweating teacup."

Is there such thing?

"Harry," I reply and try as fast as I can to catch my breath. I close my eyes and lean my head back, "See he almost got me killed by his car but luckily, he hit his brakes so I'm alive."

It was an easy thing to get over with but honestly, with my mind, it was hard to forget. It's not that I'm traumatized though.

"I'm sorry, could you please repeat what you said? I kind of heard it wrong, I take it you said Harry almost got you killed?"

"He did," I answer lightly, scratching the back of my ear, my hand under my hair.

"What?!" Isabelli yells from behind, making me almost jump from my seat.

"Miss Stenton, please be quiet," Mr. Bishop turns around while we try our best not to laugh at her.

"But seriously, what?!" She whisper yells at me.

"Don't make a big deal, something was wrong with him that night," I whisper back.

"But did he really almost hit you?" Micha asks, from behind Madz.

"Don't whisper from behind me, it tickles, you paper towel!" Madz complains, scratching the back of her head.

"Miss Pressman, the four of you, last warning," Mr. Bishops says so we all pretended like we were minding our own businesses. When he finally turns our back on us, we continue talking.