Sixty-One

Cassie and I catch up for a few moments, asking this and that and why I've swung by. I've already told her that I want to give Warren the gifts I was never able to give him but she said Warren is with Rich but they'll be around soon so I should just stick around for the moment.

She interviewed Collin too. Collin isn't the most polite, I'll give you that but at the very least, he knows how to compose himself in a situation.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Cassie asks, partly smiling.

Collin and I look at each other. He simply smirks and turns away. While I answer, "No. He just happened to be with me when I decided," I lie.

"Again, I'm sorry," she says and I accept it. It's no big deal anyways. But then, she says, "No, I'm sorry. We all are."

"For what?" I raise an eyebrow.

"What happened."

I slightly groan but I make sure it doesn't come off as offensive. "With Harry and I?"

I can see from the corner of my eye, Collin is smirking far too mischievously, it's getting on my nerves. Still, I try to concentrate to what I want to say.

"It's uh -- okay now, I guess," I continue.

"Are you okay with Harry's current. . . life?" Cassie asks and knowing her, she's always curious rather than nosy.

"I guess? I don't really hear from him that much," I answer and it's a lie. Complete lie.

Cassie nods. "Good. It's nice to know things had been fine with you. At least. . ."

My eyebrows meet at her tone during the last part. It seemed unfinished, it seemed like she was about to say something that worried her so much.

"At least. . .?"

She simply smiles at me and then turns to Collin. "How did you two meet?"

"At the library," he answers. "I'll spare the details, it gets a little embarrassing."

I laugh a little at that. And then I decide to change the subject because it's getting kind of awkward. "Anyways, when is Warren coming home? I have this uh -- I have to go somewhere."

Collin is really trying to annoy me as right then, his eyebrows meet and he pouts as though to say he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

I partly roll my eyes.

Cassie smiles, "Anytime soon, I hope you're not in a total hurry."

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, making me wince a little as I know who it is. I thought I turned it off.

"Not really but the place just --" I fake an innocent smile with my eyes narrowing a bit. "Memories," I continue in a whisper.

"Oh, of course. It's just -- it's just," she sighs, "Come here." She opened her arms to me.

I don't really want to, yet her tone alone, changed my mind. Cassie hugged me tightly, it's different from when we were at the door. This one, it isn't just a welcome, it's saying a lot of things.

She only let go moments later when her door opened up and a kid's excited yell. When she does, she wipes her cheeks and tells me she'll just be gone for a second and we should just wait.

So we did.

When I get to Collin, I am very glad that he isn't too nosy to watch everything I do. In fact, when I get back to him, he's looking outside the window.

"Hey," I greet quietly as I stand beside him. He looks up a bit as he is seated.

"Did that Harry know about your eidetic memory?" He asks.