Sixty-Five

I blink a few more times, remembering the memories. I must have spaced out for a very long time.

At least, that was three years ago. A lot has happened since then. It's a nice memory to go back to even if it gets harder after.

I look around me first, discerning what was happening before I disappear to my own world. It's been a confusing day for me since the very beginning and I'm still trying to catch up with what's going on.

Collin picks me up from home and then tells me I have to go somewhere, some sort of trip and then here we are.

I sit on the passenger seat with a seatbelt over me as the car is passing by the bridge where everything started. The rumbling of the car going through my head along with the sound of the radio playing those new pop songs.

"You're still spacing out?" Collin asks with a smile, partly looking over to me as he is still driving. "You're still remembering those times?"

I take a deep breath, knowing that he's all too right about it. I nod. "Yeah. How'd you tell?"

"Because you're still tearing up," he replies and smiles. "It's over now. Okay?"

I nod again. "Okay."

After that one pop song finishes on the radio and I get my thoughts together, I start to ask, "Where are you taking me, by the way?"

"Airport. Sadly, I can't come because I'll be with Junior," he says and laughs, pertaining to the baby at the children seat behind us. "Hey Jun, where do you want to go?"

"He's one year old, genius," I mumble, looking over to my shoulder at the angel sleeping behind us. Cherub cheeks, dark hair and blue eyes.

"He looks too much like you," Collin mutters.

"My genes are powerful," I say proudly then turn around, eyes back on the road. "Look, I'm sorry you have to be left with --"

"It'll be fun," he cuts me off. "Besides, Madz is with me, remember? She won't 'let any emoji take care of Jun alone' as she said." I laugh. "So you just have a safe weekend? Okay?"

I smile a little. "Yeah. Okay."

He continues driving while I stare out the window, watching the rapid images pass by with the blink of an eye. Funny how things disappear within a moment and gets replaced by new ones.

A couple more minutes, Collin stops the car. We both head out and he gives me my bag and we exchange last minute reminders, me, telling him mostly about what to do when things happen with Jun.

"Yes, Tay, I know what to do," he says and laughs. He hands me my passport, plane ticket and hotel receipts. "Now you just go and have a nice weekend."

I look at my plane ticket, "Ha, Barcelona. Ironic. What are you playing at? Who put you up to this?" I ask in amusement. Since out of all places, it had to be Barcelona.

"There is even a connecting flight once you actually get there," he says.

"That connects me to where, exactly?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Tenerife." he grins.

"What the--" It's been a while since I got to the Tenerife and now I wonder why all of a sudden.

"I don't make the decisions, beautiful," he mumbles. "Just following instructions. Enjoy."

I think I know what's going on now.

I nod, with a smile. "Thanks."

"Yeah, whatever. Bye."

He turns his back and goes back to his car. The moment he drives away, I go inside the terminal and then later get on the plane I'm supposed to be in.