Fifty

"I'll leave you alone to catch up, yeah?" Harry asks I nod. He knows perfectly well that I'm fine on my own anyways as it's my home so there is no problem about it.

A fair number of people wearing polos and elegant dresses had gathered for my mom's birthday even though they're just mostly business partners, my friends' parents and my friends.

"How was your day, Miss Swift?" I turn around only to see Robbie, my faithful driver and one of my best friends too.

I excitedly wrap my arms around him. How I've missed a very familiar face. When I let go, I just go on to this quick blabber, "Robbie! How were you? I haven't seen you in like months! I mean, this is so— sorry. Sorry." I compose myself and smile. "I just missed you, you guys."

"Miss Stenton and Miss Pressman are currently inside, so are your parents," he informs and I nod along.

"Thanks, Robbie. It's great to see you again."

"Likewise, Miss Swift," he replies with a smile.

I skip ecstatically to the house wherein two of the cats squeal immediately upon seeing me. Isabelli got a haircut, just a little above her shoulders while Madz is still the same with her upwards hairstyle.

I let myself catch up with them for a moment because I haven't seen them in a very long time and, well, I know my parents are a little too busy talking with the adults.

Holding a glass of cocktail in my hand, I keep talking with them, partly looking around wherever if I'll see Harry around but then later on, I just thought if he'll come around, he'll come around.

"So you two are still single?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"No, mine is sort of a long-distance thing," Isabelli answers.

"Single," Madz says. "Told you, boys can't last that long if they know I'd make them wait that long."

"Bitter AF," Isabelli mutters, summing up Madz' whole personality. "But how 'bout you Tay? How is living with the Styles?"

"Not bad," I answer. "It's actually been great."

"Yeah, I've seen your Facebook posts, Taylor and damn it, you've been to Ireland without telling me?!" Isabelli almost yells. "Gosh! You two are like, relationship goals."

"Yeah, but you cats are one year ahead of us," I remind her to at the least, make it a little better.

Madz groans, "I would give anything just to have your one year break."

"Where's Micha?" I ask, looking around and noticing that the loudest one is missing.

"Oh, she'll come around," Madz answers. "I texted her about a few minutes seconds ago."

"And Runner?"

"Um." She smiles nervously, "Uh, lost contact." I did too so I wasn't able to contact Runner.

"I bet Micha knows, though," Isabelli says. "Girl knows a lot."

Harry approaches us, "I'm sorry ladies but do you cats mind if I borrow Taylor for a while? My sister-in-law really wants to see her."

Madz' jaw drops but she says, "Sure. Sister-in-law, you cats must be really serious, right now."

"Very," he replies. "In fact, I would've proposed if she didn't say after college." I don't even understand why we are talking about it. It's still too early.

"You don't even have the ring to show up for it yet so please don't talk about it," I say and drink from my cocktail.

Harry is currently smiling at me with his palm open wide. I lick my lips, waiting for him to say something. "What if I do?"