Thirty-Six

I try to stay quiet, thinking for a moment.

"I — I--"

This is the only time in the world when they'd ask something and I have no idea what to answer. I know the safe answer and I know the wrong answer, it's just a simple yes or no but there's something in me that's still debating which word.

"Taylor, do you?" Madz asks, staring down at me with barely a hint of hate. It's more of concern if ever I answered the wrong one.

Why is it so hard to answer that?

I can't even look them in the eye.

"N-No, I don't."

The safe answer.

"Alright, we've got to get inside. No one talk about this, and yes, we're just going to have to forget whatever it is. Is Harry's house already near?"

"Couple blocks, yeah," I answer faintly.

"Good, get inside."

We all get back inside the car, me on the shotgun seat while Isabelli is at the back. Harry is already asleep on the floor.

The silence is killing me, Madz doesn't even bother turning the radio on. It's allowing me to hear my unsettled heartbeat.

"We're not judging you, Tay," Madz says after a few moments of silence. When I look over to her, she continues, "I don't know why you did it or why you let it happen but. . . once, we're going to keep it between us. I hope you don't make the same mistake twice."

"That's what's wrong with me right now," I reply in a very quiet voice. "I know it's wrong, I know I shouldn't have done that but I don't see it as a mistake. I just —"

It's so wrong.

"Doesn't change my mind," she says. "We all have that point in life, and I get it, alright? We're not going to stop you, do whatever you want but please, watch out. Be careful, Tay, you're not the only one who is going to be affected."

"I know."

"Besides Tay, it's once," Isabelli speaks up. "Do it twice, then that's too far."

"Okay," I reply. "But for the love of God, please don't tell Micha."

"Bloody hell not!" Madz almost yells. "She won't ever know this, ever!"

"Don't worry, we're liars too, so. . ." Isabelli smiles. "Micha is not going to know."

"And Runner?" In my mind it says, you really should have thought of that before you kissed back.

"He can't know," Madz says. "Unless you want to tell him and when you do, we'll be there alongside the consequences."

"Thank you."

Then Isabelli slightly stands up, leaning over to the front seats, smiling, easily lightening up my mood. "But now I get why Micha likes this kind of stuff."

Madz cocks an eyebrow, "Why?"

"It's exciting," Isabelli continues. "You know, it's like a movie thingy." Then she looks at me, "Don't focus on it, Tay. That's not the rest of your life. Smile."

"As much as I don't want to agree, being the bitter one, I agree with Belli. Smile."

"Come on, you're gonna smile." Isabelli smiles and it's a little too infectious that I don't have to fake a smile.

One thing I'm sure, I do not regret my time with them.

Isabelli is quietly observing Harry, as what I see from the rearview mirror. "Louis was right," She says.