Nine

Friday night, I am so not looking forward for it to end.

Madelaine invited us over for a movie marathon, I only agreed because they told me there won't be chick-flick, romance movies and I'm good with that. Runner isn't invited because it should only be an all-girls slumber party.

I immediately headed to her room after greeting her parents because I didn't want to deal with her cousins. They're still kids and I don't like kids that much, not even the sweetest ones. I just have zero tolerance for kids, especially babies.

It's not that comfortable to be in someone else's house but I try to enjoy it as much as I can. At the very least the pajamas and sweaters are comfortable so we all settle for our tiny blanket fort that Madz made up as we turn her laptop on.

All four of us are lying on our bellies and facing the laptop that Isabelli is so-desperately trying to turn on.

"Don't hit it harshly," I tell Isabelli as she presses the power button. "Take it like you're pressing a button from a remote."

"Yeah, a remote that doesn't freaking work!" She yells at my ear so I scoot a bit nearer to Micha and away from her.

"Okay," I mumble, shutting up. . . knowing that I probably won't say anything else about the laptop later. She's gone absolutely rage mode, her cheeks are getting red and I don't want to deal with a cute-looking angry whale.

"Cutie, you're being too harsh!" Micha says. "But anyways, stop destroying the laptop, that's our only movie source for tonight!"

"Yeah, and maybe we could have a laptop that actually works?!" Isabelli whines like a whale as she keeps on pressing the power button.

"It works! I just used it like last night! Louis even used it this morning!" Madz defends.

Micha and I raise our eyebrows instantly. Now, we know what happened.

"Key word, Louis," I say with a smile.

"Oh shi—" Madz runs a hand through her face. "–take mushrooms, I'm gonna murder him!" She squeals out loud with an annoyed groan as she storms out of the room, ruining the blanket fort with it and leaving us under it.

We stay quiet for a few moments.

"Uh, what now?" Isabelli asks.

I shrug and pull the blanket down, seeing as it is suffocating for me. I stand up and take a breath, "I don't know, wait for her to murder Louis probably."

The thing about it is, Louis literally lives in the same house as she does, it's more of a two-families-in-one-roof cycle. It's odd, I know but as far as Madz tells us, Louis is alright when it comes to privacy. In fact, they all just let each other do the craziest stuff and there would be no judgment from each of them. Lucky, because I never even knew my cousins, and I don't even know if my cousins know I exist. Louis and Madz are a tight bond of first cousins.

But right now, I think Madelaine is really going to murder Louis for wrecking her laptop.

I sit on the floor near the side of her bed, playing with my fingers. As I count continuously, I quietly listen to Micha and Isabelli conversing about the new kids from our class.

After a few moments, Madelaine barges in, looking absolutely frustrated.

"So?" I ask.

"Pompous prat won't let me borrow his bloody DVD. Now, we've got to watch from somewhere else!" She shrieks in rapid style, obviously annoyed.

"Where are we going to watch now?" Isabelli asks.

"My phone, obviously," Madz rolls her eyes and then lies on the floor with Belli and Micha. "This sucks. Tay, you gonna watch or —"