Sixteen

"Now that was fun," I say the moment I finish a couple of laps with Harry.

"You were actually close to giving me a heart attack," Harry comments and I laugh.

"Your turn to give me a heart attack," I say and recline the chair. I take my seatbelt off and move to the backseat, the same thing he did earlier.

"You can't possibly want me to drive faster."

I roll my eyes, "Do it, I dare you."

He unlocks his seatbelt and move to the driver seat. And then I make my way to the passenger seat. I lock my seatbelt immediately knowing that if Harry does actually drive like a real racecar driver, my soul would escape my body if he hit the brakes as harshly as he says I should.

"You know, you can't make me do things just because you dared me to," he says.

"Well then, I double dare you."

He mutters a swear under his breath, "Alright but don't go screaming on me."

"I don't scream, at least not like the — AHHHHHH!" I screamed at the last part, making Harry cover his ears. I laugh at his reaction. "For a daredevil, you're a little too jumpy."

"Wouldn't you be if I — AHHHH!" he screams as well, making me jump off my seat.

"Look who's jumpy, Rapunzel," he mutters.

"Even you?!" I groan out loud, "First Micha and then you. Do you two have a secret language or something?"

Harry laughs, "That Rapunzel thing? No, I heard her call you that once and I just took one chance to do it. Shall I start?"

"Yeah, go ahead," I say.

The moment he speeds up, I grab the seat next to me and the dashboard in instinct, "Holy —"

I hear Harry laughing in the background and apparently he enjoys it. I did not expect that he'd speed up instantly. He hit the gas pedal the moment I told him to go ahead. Once I've caught up, I lean back and let the seatbelt do its thing.

Harry kept the car running around the clear field, in ovals and straight lines and I've got to say it's one of the best things to experience. Just seeing the sceneries pass by the blink of an eye, watching the dust fly over, looking over at glass and seeing my reflection smile the most fascinated look I've ever been. It's amazing.

I look over to Harry in the fastest moment, everything turned the slowest.  There is something different about the enjoyment in his eyes. It's something I don't see to people often. It's something rare, it's just pure happiness of doing something he loves. In my life full of the same things everyday, there's an exquisite sight of seeing someone like me enjoy their life.

Harry hit the brakes after a moment and turns his wheel, making the car drift. Smoke and dust starts clearing off from the windows as I fix my hair.

"Whoa," I exhale, still feeling my quick heartbeat.

"That was fun wasn't it?" Harry says with a smile.

"Yeah," I answer. "Can we do it again?"

He smiles with pleasure and nods his head. Soon enough, the car was at speeds, running around again. And he drifts one more time, making me lean almost against his seat but thank God for seatbelts.

Harry looks over at me, smiling, "You alright?"

I nod, I don't have to ask him if he is okay because by the way he handles the entire engine, he just seemed to be used to it. "Thanks but we should probably give your car a rest, she's been running for hours now."