Thirty-Five

I stay quiet for a few moments, staring into the scenery.

The wind blows a little too chilly that I don't find myself worrying about me. . . in fact, it makes me look at Harry.

"Do you want to come inside?" I ask. "It's cold."

Harry looks down at his wet clothes. "Yeah."

He takes his jacket off as we walk back inside and he sighs. "To tell you the truth, I didn't notice that."

I shut my eyes quietly for a moment, my thoughts not being able to filter out what I want to say and what I should say.

"It involves a girl, doesn't it?" I ask.

He looks at me and raises his eyebrow. "Pardon?"

"Your dare? The one you bailed out on, it involves a girl, am I right?" I ask because right now, I am believing the phrase that goes, women are men's downfall. Harry doesn't back down, only now and my best guess is it's about a girl.

He licks his lips, "Yeah."

I smile triumphantly, "Thought it was. Was it like asking her to prom or something?"

"You could say that," he answers, still holding his jacket. "Either way, I can't do it."

As much as I am very interested on who it is, I tend to focus on what Harry had wanted to do that he can't.

"Why? Are you scared she might not agree?" I ask again, feeling a little nosy but hey, I think I already earned it.

"No, I know she won't agree."

I roll my eyes, "Chicken."

Harry laughs, "Hey, you don't have the right to call me that. I've only bailed on one dare."

"Still chicken," I tease, hopefully, I might push him to actually do it.

"Stop that, no one in my life had ever done that." Well he did sound like he's a little annoyed.

"I am glad to be your first," I say mischievously with a wink. "Do your dare. . . I dare you."

Harry rolls his eyes and sits on the nearby desk. He crosses his arms and purses his lips, "You have a habit of making me do things. Just because you dared me to, that does not mean I'll actually do it."

He says that in a businesslike way which makes me want to push the limits even more. I wonder if it's the drinks I've had or I'm actually just challenged to make Harry do that one thing he won't do.

"Then, I double dare you."

"Still no," he answers. "What will you even gain if I did do my dare?"

"The pleasure of making you do it," I answer in a somewhat amorous way.

He looks at me sleepily, "Not going to happen. And don't stare at me that way."

My eyebrows meet, I wasn't staring. But since, I'm provoked, I do stare at him. "Wow, you have a lot of tattoos on your shoulder." I can easily see through his white shirt. "Also, gladly, you don't have a six pack or eight packs."

I don't know, after being through a lot of bad boys, I guess the idea of boys having beach-ready bodies doesn't seem too appealing to me.

"If you live in Italy, you'd find it difficult to stop eating," he defends.

"So about the dare?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I already said, no."

"Then I triple dare you," I say with a smile.