Fifteen

Six AM, I keep my eyes looking down at my breakfast, thinking if I was wrong to bail out on Madz. I mean, it's another celebration for her birthday and I'm missing it.

I gulp down, still staring at my food.

There are several emotions conflicting inside my stomach and suddenly I have my doubts on my decision. I feel hesitant to go.

"Is something the matter?" Mrs. Cartwright asks and I figure I should have known that she'll notice.

I smile a little and look up at her. I drop my fork to my plate and put my hands on my lap. "There's something conflicting me," I say.

"And that is?" She asks as she takes a seat in front of me.

"I asked a favor from a friend to uh, teach me something," I trail, I leave out the part that it's car racing. If my parents find out, I'm dead. They don't even let me drive, that's why Robbie is always around. "And uh just yesterday, Madz told me she has another celebration tomorrow. So the schedule kind of clashed."

"Where do you want to go?" She asks.

"Honestly? The favor, it weighs out a little too better," I say. "But I feel kind of guilty about not attending Madz' thing."

"Does Madz know?"

I nod.

"What did she say?"

"She said she's fine with it."

"Then why is it conflicting you? You have very understanding friends."

I lick my lips, I've been through that thought back and forth for the past hour since I've woken up. But somehow those little words make up with the rest of the thoughts. . . they make a little more sense.

"You've showered haven't you?" Mrs. Cartwright asks.

My eyebrows meet at the sudden question, "Uh, do I smell?" I ask because I've taken a shower just a couple of minutes ago, my hair is still even wet.

She laughs, "Only joking, you need to lighten up a little bit."

"Oh I will lighten up, it's a nice day," I say and I'm kind of worried about myself how easily I change moods. "Have you watched the forecasts?"

"Yes, and it'll rain."

"Damn it!"

"Taylor," she says, probably not really appreciating my use of the common word.

"Sorry," I mutter.

"Now just eat up and wait for your friend," she says and smiles. Then she walks away.

So I start eating my untouched food. When I finish up, I sit in front of the TV for some morning news. Horrible things had been happening all around the world but it's nice that there are still positive news going around.

The conflicts inside me ease themselves out with Mrs. Cartwright's simple words. Thank God I have someone like her in my life.

"Miss Swift, you have a visitor," Ivan, our butler says.

Robbie, with Mrs. Cartwright are unfortunately walking by near the door so as I get there, they all get a good glimpse of Harry.

Now that I've thought of it, a little question come up in my mind.

"I didn't text you my address, did I?" I ask and Harry smiles.

My mind keeps debating whether he looked better in our uniform, his soccer uniform, or in leather jackets and tight jeans. He can actually pull anything off.