Fifty-Five

I want to go home. . . I'm just not sure where that is now.

I want to go back to the time when I was just seventeen years old, reading the three same books I always do, in the bleachers, just watching the boy play on his own.

I wish I did just let him play. I wish during the first time the ball touched my leg, I just kicked it back without saying a single word. I wish I didn't have to be curious that time. . . . maybe then, things wouldn't hurt this way.

Things probably won't go this way.

The thing is, I can recall every single moment of my life, when have I last eaten an icecream, when was the last time I entered a Thai restaurant or when was the last time I said something poetic to someone. . . but, I can never recall when I've felt this kind of pain before.

It's the kind of pain that just wants to make you stop in your tracks and just stay there because you couldn't move. It's the kind of pain that will have you wishing you could turn back time and not make the mistake that caused it.

I can't recall when I felt this. . . but I guess, it's because this is the worst.

"This is sort of boring, we both know that the boy and the girl are going to end up together in the end," I mutter and scoff. I roll my eyes. . . "Movies."

"Oh, are you sure?" Dad asks, raising an eyebrow.

It's a boring Sunday, and here are the two of us, both sunk on the couch with a bowl of popcorn between us.

It's been days since my last incident with Harry, five days, to the exact. He stopped with the home visit but now, I almost can't remember how many numbers I've already blocked, messages I haven't read and calls I never answered.

Just three days ago, the letter he gave me and the book is put somewhere in the attic, somewhere I don't know because I asked Wanda to put it there and never tell me where it is. His necklace, on the other hand, is back to where I first saw it in person.

I nod, "I'm sure. The couple would always end up together. . . it's like destiny and every other stuff that only exists in movies."

"Then why are we still watching this?" Dad asks sarcastically.

"You chose it," I mumble.

"Taylor. . ."

"Let's watch a different movie," I suggest.

"Taylor, just why not give this a chance?"

I glare at him. I don't think he gets me. We're already halfway through the movie. . . I already gave it a chance! And I've decided, I don't care, I don't want this to go on.

"Dad, just choose another movie," I say very firmly.

Letters to Juliet. . . things are not going my way because that's the freaking thing dad chose.

I don't even need to go into too much details but at the very least, it's set in Italy. Things are said in Italian. Plot twist, blonde American girl and an English boy. . . yay, right?

"Why?" Dad asks and I cannot believe he still can't understand why not.

"Dad, I can understand everything they say even without the subtitles, everything Italian is giving me a headache!" I groan out loud.

"Even me?"

God, Harry, especially you.

My eyebrows meet and both dad and I turn around.

"Harry, didn't I tell you not to come here anymore?" Dad asks him gruffly.

"I know, sir." Harry licks his lips and walks towards us. "But I can't give up that easily."