Jordan Voight: Childhood Years

By Malec0914

Follow the journey of Jordan Voight through her childhood years. Not in a specific order. Will also have Chic... More

Sick
Hospital Trip
Erin Meets Jordan
Justin Babysits
Long Night
First Steps and Words
Christmas
Family Portrait
Thunderstorm
Valentine's day
Nightmare
Father Daughter Dance
Hurt
Josh's Visit
Nurse Jordan
Recovery Pt 1
Dark
Visiting Dad
Carwash
My Hero
Jordan's Birth
Recovery Pt 2
Teething
Reunited
Where's Mommy? Mother's Day
Easter
Meeting The Team
Crush
Soccer Dad
Saying goodbye
First Day of School
Antonio meets Jordan
Appendicitis
Jaywalking
Father's Day
Break In
Changing
Stories
Godparents
Scared
Bad Day
District Visit
Day with the Olinskys
Baby Player
Fighting
James Returns
Caught
Talent Show
Day with the Dawsons
Halloween
Boyfriend
Naptime
Grounded
Jordan meets Firehouse 51
Tantrum
Nightmares Pt 2
Family Tree
Stranger Danger
Runaway
The Birds and The Bees
Christmas Pt 2
Sick Pt 2
Day with Kenny
Commander Perry meets Jordan
Winter Crisis
Pet
Jimmy Shi meets Jordan
Getting Better
Day at 51
Ear Infection
Hank's Birthday
The Dilemma
Disney Land
Denny Woods meets Jordan
Surprise Visit
Blackmail Pt 1
Blackmail Pt 2
Blackmail Pt 3
Blackmail Pt 4
Help
Mourning
Crib to Bed
Potty Training
Hospital Trip Pt 2
Sleepless Nights
All Eyes On Me
Birthday Disaster
Broken
Firehouse Family
First Tooth
Movie Fright
Bunny
Bunny Pt 2
Nothing Wrong
Kevin Atwater Meets Jordan
Speaking Up
Jordan's First Christmas
Secrets
Blizzard
Bike Ride
Bras
Operation Do-Good
Toddler On The Loose
Baby Halloween
Funday Saturday
Perfect Gift
New Danger Pt 1
New Danger Pt 2
New Danger Pt 3
New Dangers Pt 4
New Dangers Pt 5
New Dangers Pt 6
Until We Meet Again
Unexpected Reunion Pt 1
Unexpected Reunion Pt 2
Unexpected Reunion Pt 3

Danger

2K 26 0
By Malec0914

*Quick notes. This one will have Jules. Also I know Will doesn't come in till about season 2 so in this chapter he'll visit. Finally this wasn't an episode*

*Requested by LovingBOBThePacific on Fanfiction*

Jordan- 11

One afternoon Jay went to pick Jordan up from school, Hank was in the middle of an interrogation so he volunteered. Over the past few months he grew a bond with the young girl, treated her as if she was a sister. He never had a sister growing up all he had was his brother he loved his brother now that he's met Jordan he has the little sister he never had. While he waited for school to let out he didn't notice a man 4 cars behind watching him.

The man had a dark look in his eyes, his blonde hair was a mess, bags under his eyes they were so dark it looked as if he hadn't slept in a long time. A small evil smile appeared on his face.

School had finally let out, kids were running out walking home or going to be picked up by their parents. Jay had gotten out the car so Jordan would be able to find him. The eleven year old came out of the building and began looking around for her father or someone from the team. She grew closer with her father's team she loved all of them and they all loved her. The young girl had spotted the detective and went over to him.

"Hey Jay". Jordan greeted him.

"Hey kiddo, how was school". Jay replied, taking her backpack.

"It was good, nothing new".

"Wanna grab a bite before heading back to the District?"

"Sure can we get pizza?"

"Of course".

Jordan and Jay got in the car and drove away, the man watching had an even bigger evil smile on his face as he began driving. He wanted to stay behind Jay but not to close he didn't wanna get made.

The entire time Jay kept his guard up as he drove he made sure to keep an eye out for possible threats. He knows that the team as well as Hank have a lot of enemies in the city who'd do anything to get revenge on them even if that means using Jordan as leverage. The detective knew if anything happened to Jordan hell would be unleashed by Hank. His thoughts were interrupted by his phone ringing he picked his phone up from the console answered it and put it on speaker.

-Halstead. Jay answered.

-Hey bro. The voice replied.

-Will? What's up dude?

-I'm in the city for a few days, wanna meet up later and grab a drink?

-You maybe wanna do it now? I'm on a quick lunch break and watching my boss's daughter. -Sure.

-I'll send you the address.

After Jay got off the phone he passed his phone to Jordan and she sent Will the address to the pizza shop. The young girl looked over to the detective.

"Jay who's Will?" Jordan asked.

"Will is my brother he's a doctor in New York he's gonna be in town for a few days". Jay replied.

"So who's older you or Will?"

"Will is the older one and I'm the younger one".

"It's so cool to have an older brother".

She then had a saddened look on her face the eleven year old missed her brother terribly. Jay glanced over to see the look and felt the same pain she did when he doesn't see his brother.

"I'm sure he'll be home soon Jo". Jay tried to give her some comfort.

"I really miss him Jay, other than you guys Justin is my only friend. He's my best friend".

"I know how you feel Jo, when Will and I were younger he was one of my best friends I've ever had but around the time our mom...passed away I think that broke us up and we went our separate ways we stay in contact but not seeing him it changes you in a way".

"After Justin got sent to jail I started acting out but that was to get my dad's attention but then he got sent to jail so I would cut school, fight, anything to get Erin's attention. All I want is for my brother to come home that's all".

They wanted to drop the subject before it got to them even more. The two arrived to the pizza shop Jordan had gotten out first followed by Jay. Jay kept his guard up the entire time he'd scan the area for anything he wasn't taking the chance of something happening to Jordan because he didn't wanna be the one to tell Hank that something happened to his little girl.

Once inside Jay and Jordan were in line and the detective kept a protective hand on the young girl's shoulder. When it was time to order Jay got a cheese pizza and a couple drinks, while they waited on their food the two went to sit down.

"Jay can I ask you something?" Jordan asked.

"Sure". Jay replied.

"Do you like Erin?"

"W-what would make you say that?" Jay was blushing a little.

"Dude I see the way you look at her and the way she looks at you. It's not hard to notice".

"How'd you pick it up so fast?"

"Jay you see who my dad is I was raised around cops my whole life. Besides all I do is look and pick it up".

Their food was called and Jay looked to the eleven year old. "Stay here and don't move".

"Where would I go Jay?"

"I don't want your dad to kill me if something happens to you".

"He wouldn't necessarily kill you, he'd yell at you first, lecture you, then possibly kill you if Erin or Uncle Alvin doesn't do it first".

"How is that suppose to make me feel better?"

"I don't know". Jordan chuckled.

"Just stay here".

Jay went to get the food while Jordan sat there at the table on her phone, after a few minutes a red headed man had walked in looking around till he had spotted Jay.

"Jay!" The man called.

The detective looked to see who was calling him he turned to see his brother standing there, a smile appeared on his face. "Will good to see you man, I'd hug you but as you see my arms are full of food".

"I understand".

"Were over here".

The two brothers then went over to the table and Jordan looked up to see the two men. "Is this your brother Will?" She asked.

"Will this is Jordan, she's my Sergeant's daughter. Jordan this is my brother Will he's a doctor in New York". Jay introduced the two people.

"Nice to meet you Will". Jordan says to the doctor.

"Nice to meet you too Jordan". Will said to the young girl.

"You can call me Jo, everyone does".

"Alright Jo, how old are you?"

"I'm 11".

"You have any brothers or sisters?"

"I have one older brother he's in jail right now and I consider my dad's detectives my sister, she's known me since i was 2 so she's my sister".

"That's pretty cool".

While they were eating and talking a person entered the pizza shop when Jay was glancing around his eyes landed on the man and they widened. He took his phone out of his pocket acting as if he has a phone call.

"Would you guys excuse me for a quick second I gotta take this". Jay said.

"Sure". They said.

The detective 'answered' his phone but put his phone back in his pocket and headed outside with the man following him.

"Hey Jay, long time no see". The man said.

"Dom what are you doing here? I thought you were getting help after what happened". Jay replied.

Dominic Keith was one of the guys from Jay's Rangers group, when they returned home he'd lost everything. His wife and two kids were killed in a car accident, he then lost his house and became homeless. He hadn't heard from him in a few years.

"I thought I'd reach out to you man, we were like brothers and I thought you would be able to help me".

"See that's the thing Dom I tried to help you but you didn't want the help, I tried repeatedly to help you but you're the one who refused".

"I was grieving Jay! Do you know what it's like to come home to find out you're family was gone?! No you don't".

"I'll help you if you actually want the help this time".

"It's too late for help Jay you weren't there when I needed you". He then looked back to see Jordan and Will. "Looks like you're busy with other people who you're helping. Probably you're family".

"Dom I'll give you the number to a support group".

"Don't worry about it you should get back to your real family and leave me to rot like you did before".

"Dom-" Jay was cut off by the man walking away.

Jay then became confused, he looked back at Jordan and Will. Could he have thought Jordan was his daughter? He didn't know what to do at that moment. Should he tell Hank about what happened? The detective was thinking about what to do, Jay didn't know if Dominic would go as far as going after Will and Jordan. He headed back inside going back to his brother and the eleven year old.

"Everything ok bro?" Will asked.

"Yeah, Jo that was your dad he needs us back at the District". Jay replied rather quickly.

Confused Jordan checked her phone and didn't see no messages from her father. "He didn't say anything to me about heading back". Jordan spoke.

"He needs me for something".

"Ok".

The young girl cleaned up the mess and went to throw the trash away, Jay took his brother by the arm for a second guiding him away he didn't want Jordan to overhear anything.

"You sure everything ok?" Will asked, seeing the worry and fear in his eyes.

"I didn't get a call from my boss, I saw someone from The Ranger's he was from my Battalion. When we came home he lost everything, his family, his house, all of it. I tried helping him but he didn't want the help and now he's back around. Will I don't know if he'll go after you or Jo so while you're in town be on the lookout for anything suspicious".

"What about Jo?"

"I'll tell my Sergeant and he won't let anything happen to her".

"I'll keep my eyes open".

"Ready Jay". Jordan said.

"It was nice to meet you Jo". Will said to her.

"Nice to meet you to Will". Jordan says to the older Halstead.

They left the pizza shop, Will headed to the train, Jay and Jordan headed to the car and headed to the District. The entire time Jordan knew something was up with Jay but she didn't know what the eleven year old wanted to ask but knew he wouldn't tell her anything.

"Jay are you sure everything's alright? You seem different". Jordan says after a few minutes.

"Everything's fine Jo I promise". Jay replied, with a smile.

"Are you sure my dad called you?"

"Would I lie about something like that?"

"Maybe depending the circumstances".

He knew that Jordan wouldn't give until he actually said what happened but he didn't want her to get scared or anything. Jay was lucky that she dropped the matter for a moment. After a 10 minute drive to the District they headed inside as they were going in Jay kept looking around as if he were waiting for Dominic to come out, once inside they headed upstairs. Jordan now knew something was totally up with Jay and knew he wouldn't say, the eleven year old hated that nobody would tell her anything if something was wrong. Hank made it clear to the team not to tell her anything if it involved a case or even a bad feeling. The young girl was determined to find out.

Once up in the squad Jordan greeted everyone then headed for her father's office, the door was opened and she walked in. That was one thing she loved she was the only one allowed to walk in his office without a word.

"Hi daddy". Jordan greets her father.

Hank looked up to see his little girl he smiled she went over and hugged him, he then kissed her head. "Hey sweetheart, how was school?"

"Same nothing new".

"Got any homework?"

"Yup".

"Go start your homework once I finish my work we'll go".

"Ok".

Jordan headed to the lounge and began on her homework. Jay was at his desk picking at his nails Erin had looked over to her partner and noticed something was wrong she then got up from her desk going to his.

"Hey everything ok?" Erin asked, her voice was full of concern.

"Not really". Jay replied honestly.

"What's going on".

"I was out with Jordan and meeting with my brother, this guy from my Ranger's team found me there. Dom was a wreck after we came home lost everything I tried to help him after that but he didn't want it I told him I'd help him this time but he said no. He told me to go back to my real family, I think he got the impression that Jordan is my daughter. I don't know if I should go to Voight with this yet, I don't know if Dom would go far as going after Jo or my brother".

"I'd tell Hank if I were you, if you think Jo maybe in any kind of trouble or danger go to him and he'll keep a sharp eye out for her so will we".

"Would he blame me for this?"

"Absolutely not, this isn't your fault".

Jay got up from his desk and headed to his boss's office he saw the older man reading a file taking a deep breath and knocked on the door. "Hey Sarge you got a sec".

Hank looked to see his detective at the door. "Yeah come on in Halstead".

Halstead entered the office and shut the door so nobody overhears he then took a seat in front of Hank. When Hank saw his detective he knew something was up.

"What's going on Halstead". Hank began.

"I was out with Jordan and meeting with my brother, this guy from my Ranger's team found me there. Dom was a wreck after we came home lost everything I tried to help him after that but he didn't want it I told him I'd help him this time but he said no. He told me to go back to my real family, I think he got the impression that Jordan is my daughter. I don't know if Dom would go far as going after Jo or my brother".

"You want us to look into this guy?"

"If you wouldn't mind".

"Somebody's after one of my detectives and possibly threatened my daughter we'll take it on".

"I didn't tell Jo if you were curious".

"I appreciate that".

The two headed out to the squad everyone then looked over at the two before they started Hank closed the door to the lounge so his daughter doesn't over hear.

"What's going on". Jules said from her desk.

"I was out with Jordan and meeting with my brother, this guy from my Ranger's team found me there. Dom was a wreck after we came home lost everything I tried to help him after that but he didn't want it I told him I'd help him this time but he said no. He told me to go back to my real family, I think he got the impression that Jordan is my daughter. I don't know if Dom would go far as going after Jo or my brother". Jay explained.

"What do you know about this guy?" Alvin asked.

"His name is Dominic Keith he's 35 years old, his wife Sierra and his two kids Jake and Jessica died in a car accident he ended up losing his house and then became homeless. I lost contact with him and he just came back he saw me today while I was with my brother and Jo, he thinks that Jordan is my daughter. I don't know what could come of this situation all I know is it won't end well. He's highly trained, a weapon's expert, everything you would expect from a trained Military officer".

"From this point on with this guy on the loose I want Jordan under tight protection, she doesn't go anywhere by herself. I'll have a patrol sitting on her when she's at school, one of us will pick her up afterwards. Another thing she doesn't find out about this I don't care what you have to say to her but she doesn't find out I don't wanna scare her or freak her out. Understand". Hank said.

"Understand". They all said.

Hank looked back to the lounge to see his little girl doing her homework, the one thing he's always hated about police work was the fact that somehow she'd be brought into either by him or the cases they work. If anything he didn't care if it was the smallest thing happened to her he'd unleash hell, he'd protect his baby girl with the last breath in his body.

They all began searching for Dominic, his last whereabouts, checked for credit cards, bills, anything that'll lead them to him but found nothing.

A few days had went by and Hank had all cases put on hold until Dominic was found, Jordan felt like she was being punished she'd stay at home and then to the District after school she didn't know what was going on she figured it was another case and some dimwit made a threat against her father like always. The eleven year old knew her father had always been overprotective of her and Justin he was like that due to his job she knew her father would do whatever it took to protect her, he'd go to the ends of the world to keep them both safe.

One afternoon Jordan had gotten out of school and didn't see her father or someone from the team there so she sat on the steps waiting. Dominic had seen the young girl so this was his chance. He straightened his bright red shirt and blue jeans, he took his hand back across his hair fixing it a little. The eleven year old seen him approaching.

"Hi are you Jordan". Dominic says kindly to her.

"It depends who are you". Jordan replied.

"I'm Dominic, I'm a friend of Jay's he sent me to pick you up".

"I still don't know you".

"I'm a friend of your father's though".

"Father? Jay isn't my dad".

Dominic had began to get ticked off by the young girl. Jordan then had an idea. "Um I have to use the bathroom I'm sure when Jay gets here you guys can talk".

"I'll wait here".

The eleven year old went back into the school and ran for the bathroom she went into a stall pulling her phone out she decided to call Jay because if she called her father the whole District plus the team would be down there.

-Halstead. Jay answered.

-Jay, are one of you guys on your way to pick me up? Jordan replied, her voice was full of worry and fear.

-Jo what's wrong?

-There's someone here saying he's a friend of yours his name is Dominic. He thinks you're my dad. Jay I'm scared.

-Listen to me I'm gonna call Will meet him in the back of the school, he'll keep you safe.

-I want my dad.

-I know sweetheart but I need you to be brave for now just stay where you are when Will gets there I'll text you to meet him in the back.

-Alright.

Jordan hung her phone up and sat in the stall while she waited for Will to show up.

District 21

After the phone call with Jordan, Jay went somewhere private to call his brother.

-Hello. Will answered.

-Will where are you right now? Jay quickly replied, his voice was urgent.

-I'm at the apartment why what's going on.

-Dominic is at Jordan's school she just called me saying he there and he think she's my daughter. I need you to go pick her up and take her somewhere safe. Pick her up in the back.

-You got it.

-Will I have a spare gun in the apartment if you have to use it then use it.

-Alright.

-Thanks.

-No problem.

Jay hung his phone up and went back to his desk he trusted his brother to watch Jordan. He hopes that they both will be fine.

Meanwhile

Will had gotten the address to the school and parked in the back like his brother said to. Jordan was in the bathroom stall when her phone vibrated, it was a text message from Jay.

-Will is there to pick you up. Go out the back. He'll keep you safe. Jay.

The young girl left the stall and headed out the back way of the school, she spotted the red headed man and ran to him.

"Let's go Will". Jordan said.

"Is he still here?" Will asked.

"I don't know he thinks Jay is my dad".

"Come on".

The two head over to his car and get inside after they got strapped in, Will sped off. Dominic had heard a car speed off and knew that someone picked the young girl up he then ran over to his car and sped away. He was speeding down the streets trying to catch up to Will's car.

Jordan saw that a car was approaching them fast. "Will I think he's following us".

"Hang on Jo". Will says as he made a sharp turn.

The car made a fast sharp turn speeding down the street after making a few more random turns Will had finally lost Dominic. After a few more minutes of driving the two arrived at Jay's apartment and rushed inside.

"What are we gonna do?" Jordan asked.

"You're gonna go and hide I'll hold him off until the others get here". Will replied.

"Are you sure that'll work?"

"I'm sure. Jo while I hold him off I want you to try and make a run for it, go the the fire escape and get away as fast as you can then call Jay or someone from his team and tell them where you are".

Jordan was scared and confused but she did as she was told, she ran and hid sitting on the floor in Jay's closet she had her knees pulled to her chest and rested her head on her knees staying quiet as possible. Will had found his brother's safe he knew the code to it and pulled the gun out, it was a silver handgun the older Halstead never once in his life touched a gun so it was strange for him to hold the object in his hand.

Dominic knew where Jay lived so he went to his apartment he stormed inside he held a gun in his hand, the former Military man marched up the steps and stood in front of his former friend's apartment. Grinning evilly he raised his leg and foot forcefully kicking the door in smashing it. Will was caught off guard with that his arms were shaking a little as he raised his arm up aiming the gun at Dominic.

When Jordan heard the door break it got her scared even more she then began to shake so as quietly as she could she went over to the bedroom window and began climbing down the fire escape. The young girl was going so fast she ended up slipping on one of the steps and twisted her ankle.

"Ah!" She cried out in pain.

The only other thing she could do was balance herself on the poles of the stairs and hop down she tried to go further but her ankle wouldn't let her. Jordan hobbled and hid behind a dumpster it wasn't the best place to hide but as long as it hid her from Dominic she didn't care. Pain shot through her ankle the young girl couldn't make a sound or anything if she did Dominic would find her she pulled her phone out and called Jay.

"Jay he's here". She says quietly into the phone.

Dominic stared at Will with an evil grin he cocked his gun just as the Older Halstead did.

"Dominic right? Look I know you don't wanna do this alright you wouldn't hurt us". Will spoke.

"Jay left me to rot after we came home! I lost everything! But not him he has his brother and his little girl". Dominic spat, venom was laced in his voice.

"My brother doesn't have any kids".

"Don't lie to me that girl he was with that's his kid".

"No she's not his kid that's his boss's daughter he was watching her for him".

"Lies! Lies! Lies! Enough lying. I lost everything and now Jay's gonna know what it's like to lose everything".

"Dominic please don't do this".

He walked over to Will and pistol whipped him knocking him out. "First I'll get the kid then I'll get back to you". He whispered to the unconscious Halstead.

Dominic began searching the apartment for Jordan and couldn't find her, he saw the fingerprints on the bedroom window and figured she went down the fire escape. He then went down the fire escape and began searching for her.

District 21

Jay was at his desk he was bouncing his knee quickly he hadn't heard anything from his brother or Jordan about Dominic. He didn't inform the team about anything just yet he didn't want Hank to flip out. Everyone was still searching for Dominic while Jay wasn't, he probably knew what his former friend's intentions were all they had to do was find him. His thoughts were interrupted by his cell phone ringing, without looking at the caller ID he answered.

-Halstead. Jay answered, his eyes shut as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

-Jay he's here. Jordan spoke quietly into the phone.

-Jo where are you? Where's Will?

When Jay's voice rose and the others heard the panic in his voice they all stood up, Erin went to get Hank from his office.

-I'm in the alleyway where you're apartment is Will told me to run while he distracted Dominic. I'm behind a dumpster. Jay I twisted my ankle I can't move it without it hurting.

-Jo stay where you are were on the way ok sweetheart.

When Jordan didn't respond Jay began to get more worried they was then a scream that came through the phone which caused the whole team to bolt from the squad down to their cars turning on the lights and sirens heading to Jay's apartment.

Meanwhile

Still in the alley Jordan stayed on the phone with Jay talking to him, he was trying to keep her calm. The young girl heard Dominic throwing stuff around and calling her out.

"Oh Jordan come out, come out wherever you are". Dominic sang.

Jordan felt a sneeze coming her phone completely forgotten about but still held it before she could sneeze she pinched her nose tightly hoping to block it out after a couple of moments the sneeze came which got Dominic's attention he then went over and found the young girl.

"Found ya". He says coldly.

Jordan screamed as he was going for her she knew that Jay was still on the line so he was able to hear everything. She was fighting him the best way she could, she punch, hit, kick with her good foot, and biting but it wasn't enough.

"Let me go! Put me down!" Jordan said, struggling.

A moment later sirens were heard, the young girl now had hope that she was gonna be saved. The team arrived Erin, Hank, and Jay headed inside while Antonio and Jules were searching around for Dominic and Jordan. Jordan knew this was her chance she didn't care about the consequences, taking a deep breath she screamed for help.

"Help! Erin! Jules! Daddy!" Jordan called out.

"Quiet". Dominic hissed.

It was too late and the two detectives heard the young girl, they found her struggling in Dominic's hold.

"Chicago PD! Let the girl go now!" Jules yelled.

"I don't think so". Dominic spat.

"Either you let her go or we drop you". Antonio warned.

"Antonio, Jules, help me". Jordan whimpered.

Antonio then looked to the scared eleven year old. "Jo it's alright sweetie we're here now, you're gonna be ok". His voice was gentle the whole time with her. Ever since meeting her she became like his niece he treated her like his own child sometimes.

"I'll make you a deal. I give you the girl I talk to Jay". Dominic spoke.

The partners looked at each other then back to the former Military man.

"Deal". Jules spoke.

Dominic then released Jordan and she wobbled over to the two partners and Antonio ran and scooped her up taking her away.

"We got Jordan. Repeat we got Jordan, she's safe". Antonio said through the radio.

Jay, Erin, and Hank were in the apartment and it was trashed, Will was finally awake. Jay got his brother an ice pack.

"Here". Jay says giving the ice pack over.

"Thanks". Will replied. He put it on his sore head and hissed at the coldness but settled down.

"Will I wanna thank you for keeping Jordan safe it means alot to me". Hank tells the older Halstead brother.

"You're welcome".

Just then Antonio's voice came in over the radio. "We got Jordan. Repeat we got Jordan, she's safe".

The adults were able to breath now Hank was the first one to leave the room to check on his little girl followed by Erin. Once the two were outside they scanned around to see Antonio with Jordan, when the older man saw his baby girl he was finally able to put his mind at ease. Jordan looked back to see her father and Erin, she wanted to run to them but the pain in her ankle wouldn't allow it so she hobbled.

"Daddy! Erin!" She called out.

Jordan was in her father's arms reach when she effortlessly picked her up and held her tightly in his arms. He kissed the side of her head repeatedly nobody could see but he let a tear fall from his eye and he wiped it away. The young girl buried her face into her father's neck trying to calm down she didn't wanna cry but the tears started to fall from her eyes unwillingly, after a few minutes Hank pulled his little girl away and wiped the tears from her eyes and kissed her head one last time.

Erin then hugged her sister and held her for a good few minutes. Jay then came down to see Jordan with Hank and Erin he was finally able to calm down he saw that Antonio and Jules were taking Dominic to their car and the dark haired detective went over to him.

"Dominic wanted to talk to you, he said he'd let Jo go if we let you talk to him". Antonio tells his friend.

"Is she hurt?" Jay asked, referring to Jordan.

"It's her ankle it's possibly twisted.

They all then headed down to the District, Hank had brought Jordan to his office and wrapped her injured ankle. Erin and Jay were walking down to the interrogation room, Jay's emotions were still running high. Erin noticed the look of anger still in her partner's eyes.

"Hey calm down alright, Jo's here and she's safe. He didn't hurt her". Erin said to him softly.

"I put her in danger she was put in that position because of me". Jay replied.

"It wasn't your fault alright we don't blame you. Hank doesn't blame you, I'm pretty sure Jo doesn't blame you".

"Dom thought Jo was my daughter".

"And he was proven wrong".

"I wouldn't blame Voight if he wanted to fire me or transfer me out".

"He won't do that".

"You don't know what he'll do".

"Jay the job has always been dangerous and every now and then it has been known to happen somebody does threaten Jo just to get to him. People threatened her to get to Justin. Hank didn't blame his son or himself because of that so he's not going to blame you".

"Let's just get this over with, if you don't mind I'd like to do it allow".

"Are you gonna be ok?"

"I'll be fine".

Jay walked the rest of the way to interrogation and got to the door he stood at the door for a moment taking a deep breath he stepped inside. Dominic was sitting in a chair handcuffed to the table nothing but guilt eating at him the entire time he looked over to see his former friend coming inside the room.

"Jay I'm so sorry". Dominic said, his voice was filled with guilt and sorrow.

"I told you I'd help you Dom all you had to do was ask". Jay replied, almost snapping.

"After I lost everything I wanted you to know what that kind of pain was like so I went after you're brother and the kid".

"And you found out today that she wasn't my daughter, she's my boss's daughter. You dragged an innocent child into something that she had nothing to do with".

"Can you ever forgive me?"

"I don't know".

With nothing else left to say Jay left the room and headed back to the squad, he had to talk to Voight. He saw that Jordan was still in his office but he had to get this off his chest. Jay headed to his boss's office and knocked on the door. Hank and Jordan looked over to see the young detective there.

"Sarge you got a sec". Jay said.

"Yeah. Jo would you mind going to the lounge sweetheart". Hank says.

"Ok". Jordan carefully got up and headed to the lounge.

Jay helped her the whole time so she doesn't fall or injure herself more. Once the young girl was out of the office he shut the door and sat down, guilt was eating him the whole time.

"Something on your mind Halstead". Hank broke him from his thoughts.

"I'm really sorry about everything that happened, I didn't mean for it to happen. I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to fire me or transfer me out". Jay replied.

"Halstead I'm not gonna fire you or transfer you out what happened wasn't your fault at all. I don't blame you for it. The only thing that matters to me at the moment is the fact that Jordan is here and she's safe. You're a great addition to my team Jay I mean that".

Jay was finally able to smile after a hard few days. "Thanks Sarge it means alot".

He then got up from his seat and headed to the lounge to check on Jordan, he looked in to see the eleven year old on her phone while using a chair to prop her ankle up. Jay knocked on the door getting her attention.

"Hey, you ok?" Jay asked.

"I'm ok my ankle hurts but other than that I'm fine". Jordan replied.

"Jo I'm so sorry for what happened-" He was cut off by the young girl.

"Jay it wasn't you're fault, I don't blame you. Just like I tell my dad, brother, and Erin it's not your fault. You weren't the one to do it he was so he's the one to blame".

The detective chuckled. "How'd you get to be so smart?"

"I've had a lot of great teachers in my life".

Jay then hugged the young girl, Jordan hugged the detective back. Even though they met a couple of months ago they got along just like a brother and sister.

A/N: Hope I did wonders with this. If you have a request send it in!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 472 22
Y/N Voight is a bad girl who is very sarcastic and very secretive. She owns a motorbike and is only 15. When a mysterious person starts to solve the...
124K 1.4K 50
Severide's sister Haley comes into town and decides to stay for a while after meeting jay. Voight offers her a job and she begins her life in the on...
28.8K 497 15
A young girl finds herself in big trouble and needs help, but maybe the help she receives will land her in even deeper trouble, maybe it will get her...
166K 2.7K 69
Samantha Voight, Sergeant Hank Voight's 25 year old daughter. Sam, much to her father's dismay, joined the FBI counter-terrorism force, and since she...