Saying goodbye

Jordan- 5 months old

Early one morning Hank awoke to hearing his 5 month old daughter, Jordan crying on the baby monitor he recently got had got Jordan when her mother and the love of his life Anna was killed in action. It crushed him Anna was the only other woman he loved after Camille died, the only thing he has now in his children.

He walked out of his room and walked to Jordan's nursery to hear his little girl crying and wailing in her crib, the five month old was crying at the top of her lungs and flinging her arms everywhere. Hank walked over bent down picking her up and began rocking her gently.

"What's the matter sweetheart, huh what's the matter". Hank says in a soft tone.

He smelt an odor in the air and back down at his little girl and realised what it was. "Looks like someone needs a diaper change".

He brought her over to the changing table and changed the dirty diaper, once she was cleaned up and a fresh diaper was put on her the baby was happy.

"Is that better baby? You're all clean now".

Jordan squealed happily and clapped her hands, Hank smiled at the little baby and kissed her head. He then got her a little black dress, a pair of white tights and her dress shoes, today was Anna's funeral. Jordan was too young to understand what's going on around her but Hank knew when she got older she'd be asking questions about her mother.

After Jordan was dressed Hank brought her downstairs and set her in the high chair, he put a bib on Jordan and began feeding her. Jordan ate some of the baby food she took some of the food from her mouth and threw it at her father's shirt and began laughing.

"You little troublemaker". Hank laughed.

Justin then came down from his room entering the kitchen to see his father feeding his sister. "Morning Pop".

"Morning son". Hank said to his son.

"If you want me to go with you today, I don't mind".

"Thank you Justin".

"No problem".

"You mind finishing feeding Jo while I get dressed".

"Yeah, go get ready I got it from here".

Hank handed the small jar of baby food to his son, Justin then began feeding his sister he scooped up some of the food and put it towards his sister but she slapped it away getting it on him.

"You little squirt, now it's on me". Justin says, chuckling.

Jordan laughed at her brother, he then tried the food.

"Come on Jo Jo, it's good see". Justin scooped some of the food up and put it in his mouth.

He regretted doing that but he sucked it up and swallowed it. "See it's good food now you try it".

Justin then tried again to feed some more of the food to his sister. Hank came down the stairs freshly showered, he wore a dark blue dress shirt, a black tie, a black suit jacket and matching slacks. He slipped on his black dress socks then the shoes.

"Justin, you should get ready son we'll be leaving soon". Hank says to his son.

"Alright". Justin replies.

Hank watched as his son went upstairs to get read he reached for his young daughter getting her out of the high chair.

"You'll always be my little girl Jo, no matter what. You'll always be my baby". Hank says.

He watched as Jordan began playing with his tie, the whole time he felt pain ache in his heart. He wanted Anna to be here with him, Jordan, and Justin, so they can be a family. Tears began pooling in his eyes and going down his cheeks, Jordan saw her father upset and that began to upset her. The baby began to fuss and when that happened Hank calmed down and wiped his eyes.