Movie Fright

Jordan- 9

It was a late night in the Voight house hold, Hank was at work, Justin was in his room fast asleep and Jordan was on the couch watching tv. She had pretended to be asleep, after checking to see if her brother was asleep she made her way downstairs.

Turning the tv she began flipping through the channels, at school the kids would brag how they could watch horror movies and not be scared. Taking that as a challenge Jordan was gonna do it but her father couldn't find out. Hank was against letting her watch those movies, he didn't want her to get scared and not be able to sleep.

The nine year old found one on, it was Halloween. Jordan cut all the lights off in the house and got settled on the couch. Half of the movie had gone by the whole time the young girl hid her face when the killings took place, by this point she was terrified. Fear had completely taken over her body, she kept looking around her house as if someone was there.

Jordan still hadn't changed the channel she was gonna see this through, she wanted to be like her friends. By the end of the movie the nine year old was petrified she'd kept looking around her dark house wandering if someone was there. Going over to the window she peeked out the curtain to see the street lights on and the street clear.

Heading up to her room the young girl still couldn't help but check her surroundings, when she made it to her room she tried to shake all of that off. Climbing into her bed and covering up she turned on her side and saw her closet wide open, in her young mind she thought the serial killer from the movie was in her closet.

Not being able to take it anymore she ran from her room to her brother's room, Justin was in his bed sprawled out on the bed. Jordan went over and began shaking her brother's arm.

"Justin, wake up. Wake up Justin". Jordan says quickly.

"Hmm". Justin mumbled.

"Justin wake up".

Justin shot awake and looked around in confusion, his vision was blurry he looked over to his alarm clock that read 1:30 am in red bold numbers. He then looked to his little sister.

"What's wrong Jo Jo".

The nine year old couldn't tell her brother that she had watched a horror movie she had to think fast on her feet.

"I...I had a nightmare. Can I stay with you?"

"Yeah come on".

Jordan then got next to her brother she curled into his side as he wrapped a protective arm around her, the elder man looked down to his sister.

"You alright Jo?"

"I'm ok".

"Try and get some sleep".

The young girl rested against her brother she was able to hold some of his shirt in her small hands. At least at the moment Jordan had felt safe with her big brother, she knew that Justin would protect her from anything and everything. After tossing and turning the nine year old finally managed to fall asleep.

By the next morning Jordan began to stir, when she looked around she saw that she was in her brother's room and then it hit her. She watched that movie last night and now she was scared what had really got her attention was the fact that Justin wasn't in his room.

"Justin?" Jordan called out.

Running out of his room to the hallway she looked for her brother everywhere.

"Justin!"

The nine year old frantically checked her room, her father's room, every room on the top floor and there was no sign of her brother anywhere. Fear had quickly filled her body, as fast as she could she ran down the steps.