Hank's Birthday

*Fan Fiction request*

Jordan- 8

Everyday for the past few weeks Jordan had seen her father work extremely hard, working case after case. She had seen him in the mornings before school and sometimes when she'd go to bed but other than that she hadn't seen him. Either her brother, Erin, Alvin, or Trudy would watch her.

The seven year old knew her father's birthday was approaching and she wanted to do something for him since he's been working hard and needed some time for himself.

One afternoon Justin had picked her up from school and then called Erin, the elder Voight was confused on why she wanted their surrogate sister to be called.

"Jo Jo, what's up?" Justin asked.

"I'll tell you when Erin gets here". Jordan replied.

"Is someone picking on you?"

"No it's a surprise".

Still confused he went along with what his sister wanted, after a few minutes Erin had arrived to the Voight home.

"Justin! Jo!" Erin called.

"In here". Justin called back.

She went and found her surrogate siblings, Justin was in the kitchen making a snack while Jordan was at the table writing stuff down.

"Hey Jo, whatcha doin?" Erin says to her sister.

"I'm planning something for daddy and I need some help". Jordan replied, looking over at her.

"What are you planning?" Justin asked, coming into the room.

"Well daddy's birthday is coming up and I wanted to do a surprise party".

"Jo that's a very nice thing you wanna do". Erin commented.

"I'm down for it". Justin says.

The trio then began to plan the party, Justin was in charge of the food and drinks, Erin was in charge of the cake, and Jordan was in charge of the invitations. They all agreed that Hank needed this, he needed a break, sometime for himself, and he needed time with his family.

Jordan then called Trudy, Alvin and his family, Kenny, and Jimmy, they all agreed to help and to keep it from Hank. Once that was finished they all had to hide the stuff before Hank came home.

"So Jo, you know what you wanna get dad for his birthday?" Justin asked his sister.

"I was thinking maybe get him something with our names on it". The eight year old answered.

"I like that idea".

"I do too". Erin said.

By the time Hank had gotten home, he was tired and worn out he greeted his children with a tired smile. After dinner Jordan went up and got ready for bed, Hank was ready to pass out and just as he was about to clean the kitchen Justin had stopped him.

"Pop go to bed, you need some sleep believe me I got it". Justin said to his father.

"Justin, I'm fine". Hank replied, tiredly.

"Go check on Jo then get some rest. You really need some rest".

Normally Hank wouldn't back down from a debate but he was too tired and not in the mood. He headed upstairs and checked on his little girl, Jordan was dressed in red plaid pajamas she held a book in her hands. She always loved it when her father or brother read to her, it was one of her favorite things. Hank playfully peeked his head in his daughter's room with a smile.