Ear Infection

Jordan- 2

Early one morning Hank awoke to crying, he quickly shot up out of bed. Jordan was crying and holding her ear, the toddler was crying in pain. The older father went in his little girl's room and saw her holding her ear and crying. The toddler seen her father and began reaching out for him.

"Daddy". Jordan cried, reaching for her father.

"What's the matter sweetheart, huh". Hank says softly bouncing her.

"Hurts".

"You're ear hurts baby".

"Yes".

"Let's go to the doctor and see why it hurts".

Jordan whined and cried in pain as she clung to her father, Hank then quickly changed her into a pink Minnie Mouse shirt with black pants and pink shoes. He managed to get her hair up in a small ponytail he put a jacket and hat on her due to the chilly air.

He then quickly got dressed, he grabbed his keys and wallet, Jordan once again reached out for her father and he picked her up. The toddler kept whining in pain.

"My ear hurts daddy". Jordan whined.

"It's alright sweetheart, were gonna go to the doctor to get it looked at". Hank said gently.

Once Jordan was strapped in her car seat he gave her, her beloved stuffed rabbit and she cuddled it close. Hank then ran around to the driver seat and hopped in and headed off to the doctor. Luckily he was able to get a last minute appointment with the doctor.

During the drive Jordan whined and whimpered in pain, Hank's heartbroken to hear his little girl in pain. The father and daughter finally arrived to the doctor's office. The older father got out and went to get his baby, Jordan clung to her father tightly. Her head rested on his shoulder with her arms wrapped securely around his neck. Hank kissed her head as he held her.

"It's alright baby".

They were in the doctor's office, it was a decent sized office with toddlers playing and running around, parents were with their children. As Hank was signing Jordan in, the two year old clung to her father's leg, he then picked her up and held her as they waited.

Jordan laid her head on her father's shoulder as she clung to him, Hank just rubbed soothing circles on her back. About five minutes later the nurse came out with a chart.

"Jordan Voight". She said.

Hank got up with his baby still in his arms and headed to the room, he sat Jordan down on the bed and stood near her. The nurse quickly checked the toddler then looked to the father.

"The doctor will be right in". She tells Hank.

"Thank you". Hank replies, shaking her hand.

The nurse left the room, the pain was getting worse for the toddler when she started crying again.

"Daddy. It hurts". Jordan cried.

"It's ok sweetheart the doctor will be here in a minute". Hank replies softly.

A couple of moments later there was a soft knock on the door and the doctor entered, it was a young woman in her early 30s. She wore a purple knee high dress with her medical jacket, her stethoscope hanging around her neck, her long blonde hair was pulled back into a high ponytail and she wore simple black heels.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Rebecca Jones. I'm here to see Jordan". Rebecca spoke with a smile.

"How you doing, I'm Hank Voight and this little one is Jordan". Hank said introducing him and his daughter.