Blizzard

*Fanfiction Request*

Jordan- 8

Chicago is known before extremely bad winters. A bad storm was close to hitting the midwest and they would be smack in the middle of it. The temperatures were already below normal temperatures.

Jordan hadn't gone to school due to the weather, the roads were already icy from the hail from the night before and the streets had a light blanket of snow. Justin had stayed back to watch his sister while their father had to go to work. Hank had come down bundled up in layers of clothing.

"You look warm Pop" Justin said.

"The storm is supposed to hit tonight, hopefully I make it home before then. I shouldn;t be long". Hank replied.

"Do you have to go at all?"

"I just gotta make sure some stuff is wrapped up".

Jordan had gone to her father. "Can I go with you daddy?"

The older father smiled and bent down to her level. "I'd love to have you come sweetheart but it's extremely cold and I don't want you getting sick. I'm sure you'll have fun with your brother"

"I don't want you getting sick or hurt either"

Hank pulled her close, for his little girl to be only 8 she was smart. People drove insane during bad weather and many accidents are the result of them.

"I'll be just fine sweetie, I promise. And like I said you're gonna have so much fun with your brother"

"Can we play outside?"

"As long as you dress warm and it's not for too long"

She smiled and when she did he smiled bigger, her smile reminded him so much of her mother. The little girl kissed his cheek and he kissed her head then patted his son's shoulder and headed out for the district.

As Hank predicted when he left he got caught in the traffic that came with the bad weather. For about a half hour he was in traffic just honking his horn. He regretted leaving his house. I should have just stayed home, Hank thought to himself. This wasn't worth the aggravation.

Meanwhile

Justin had taken his sister to play in the backyard to play for a bit. The winds were brutal and that had told Justin it was time to take his sister in. Once they were in both siblings had changed into dry warm clothes.

It was early afternoon and Hank had only been gone a couple of hours, Jordan was bored so she had turned on the tv and started flipping through the channels. Justin went to check on his sister.

"Jo Jo, whatcha want for lunch?" He says to his sister.

"Mac and cheese with chicken strips" She glanced at her brother with a smile.

He returned the smile. "Chocolate milk or hot chocolate?"

"Hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows".

"Not a lot of sugar little missy"

She giggled and went back to her show. Justin made lunch, he peeked out the window and saw it was starting to snow again a bit heavier. Shit. The storm wasn't supposed to hit later that night after their father had gotten home. Soon the winds started to pick up.

"Please please be ok Pop" Justin muttered while making the food.

While

Hank had finally made it to the district, he had almost been in a couple of fender benders due to the crazy ass drivers. He had made it in one piece. Just as he went inside the snow came and it came heavy, the winds blew fast and it was cold.