Shattered (COMPLETED)

By jadajostis

What would you do if you lost your best friend? What would you do if your only friend was using you? What wo... More

Attention
Shattered- Cast
Prologue
Shattered- Chapter one
Shattered- Chapter two
Shattered- Chapter three
Shattered- Chapter four
Shattered- Chapter five
Shattered- Chapter six
Shattered- Chapter seven
Shattered- Chapter eight
Shattered- Chapter nine
Shattered- Chapter ten
Shattered- Chapter eleven
Shattered- Chapter twelve
Shattered- Chapter thirteen
Shattered- Chapter fourteen
Shattered- Chapter fifteen
Shattered- Chapter sixteen
Shattered- Chapter seventeen
Shattered- Chapter eighteen
Shattered- Chapter nineteen
Shattered- Chapter twenty
Shattered- Chapter twenty one
Shattered- Chapter twenty two
Shattered- Chapter twenty three
Shattered- Chapter twenty four
Shattered- Chapter twenty five
Shattered- Chapter twenty six
Shattered- Chapter twenty seven
Shattered- Chapter twenty eight
Shattered- Chapter twenty nine
Shattered- Chapter thirty
Shattered- Chapter thirty one
Shattered- Chapter thirty two
Shattered- Chapter thirty three
Shattered- Chapter thirty four
Shattered- Chapter thirty five
Shattered- Chapter thirty six
Shattered- Chapter thirty seven
Shattered- Chapter thirty eight
Shattered- Chapter thirty nine
Shattered- Chapter forty
Shattered- Chapter forty one
Shattered- Chapter forty two
Shattered- Chapter forty three
Shattered- Chapter forty four
Shattered- Chapter forty five
Shattered- Chapter forty six
Shattered- Chapter forty eight
Shattered- Chapter forty nine
Shattered- Chapter fifty
Shattered- Chapter fifty one
Shattered- Chapter fifty two
Shattered- Chapter fifty three
Shattered- Chapter fifty four
Shattered- Chapter fifty five
SEQUEL
SEQUEL IS OUT!
TRAILER

Shattered- Chapter forty seven

17 8 1
By jadajostis

Jessie's POV

"Hey soul sister, hey there mister mister on the radio, stereo-"

"The way you move ain't fair you know."

"Hey soul sister, I don't blah blah blu blu."

Brandon laughed and paused the game, "If you haven't noticed...those aren't the words."

I shrugged and joined into the laughter, "I don't know the words."

"The words are on the screen."

I folded my arms and stomped my foot looking away, "It was moving too fast."

He laughed and his brother came out of his room. "I'm back!"

Brandon scratched the side of his head and squinted his eyes, "Did you hear something?"

"Yeah actually," I looked down at the floor, "I think you guys have a pest in your house."

"I'll call the exterminator. It's probably a rat."

Andrew hit the back of head and Brandon and I laughed. ''You guys are mean."

He pouted his lips and I patted Andrew's cheek, "Life is mean."

I was finally healed...I was free. I took having arms and legs for granted. People who don't even have these limbs, do better in life than those who actually do. I guess it's all about the mindset. You never really realise how much you need something until you loose it. You take it for granted because you never really notice how important it is to your lives.

He wrapped an arm around my waist and Brandon rolled his eyes. "Can I steal you for a moment?"

He smiled and I put my chin between my index finger and thumb. "Nah."

I pulled out of his embrace and Brandon laughed. Andrew frowned and I just winked at him. "Why are you so mean to me?"

"What're you talking about? She's like the nicest person alive."

Brandon opened his arms and I embraced him a hug. I watched as Andrew's jaw dropped and we laughed at him again.

"Are you two secretly together?"

I arched my eyebrow and Brandon just smirked. I playfully punched his arm and he laughed.

"We're just messing with you. Jeez...it
's fun."

I stood beside Andrew and slung my arm around his neck and I bumped his hip. I tip toed and whispered in his ear, "I love you." I kissed his ear before standing to my level again.

"Whatever. I'm going over to my friend's house. He's like two blocks down. Bye Jessie."

I waved at him and he smiled. He showed his brother his middle finger earning an incoherent word from him. I swatted his chest, "He started it."

"You're such a baby."

"Yeah but I'm your baby."

I laughed, "Yeah, keep telling yourself that."

He frowned and trudged behind me as I went into his room. "Can I have a kiss?"

"Nope", I said popping the 'p'.

He groaned but he hugged me from behind and placed a kiss on my cheek.

I turned around and crashed my lips onto his. He pulled away slightly, smirking, "I thought I couldn't have a kiss?"

"Shut up."

He walked over to his bed and I straddled his waist as I put my hands on his chest and kissed him. I pulled up his top, taking it off and I bit his lip, "So...tattoo?"

He looked at me as if to say 'seriously?', "You remember that?"

I nodded and he sighed, "Jessie, I don't want to show you. Maybe sometime but not now."

I pouted, "But you said that last time."

He opened his mouth to say something but a loud banging prevented him from doing so. I thought Brandon already left. We shared a look but his expression changed when the person yelled, "Andrew, open this damn door right now!"

It was a man. He kept trying to open the door but it was locked...when did he lock it? Why did he lock it?

"Shoot," he mumbled. I probably wasn't supposed to hear but I did anyways. He looked at me, "Go in the bathroom."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What why?"

"Jessie lock the door and don't come out. No matter what you hear, do not come out," he said rather slowly.

I took it from him, "But why? And why are you whispering?"

The banging continued. "Jessie now," he whispered with an edge in his voice.

I did as he told me...I went in the bathroom. I know I was supposed to lock the door but my curiousity got ahold of me, so I closed the door and opened it ever so slightly so I could peep at what they were doing.

I saw Andrew take a deep breath before opening the door. A tall man with blonde and shaggy hair cane into view. He had blue eyes and he easily towered over Andrew. He had a scruffy beard and I cringed at the sight of him. He looked so untidy.

"Dad, why are you here?!"

My eyes went wide as I heard what Andrew called the man. Well I guess that explains the resemblance.

"That's no way to speak to your father, son!" His large hand made contact with Andrew's face and he lost his balance, falling to the ground.

"Where is that filthy bastard you call your mother?!"

"Why would I tell you that?" Though injured, Andrew's tone was harsh nonetheless.

That earned him a kick in rib and I winced. I looked away for a moment not wanting to see his pain. His father continuously puched his face as Andrew held his hands in front of his face, trying to block the lashes.

He continuously yelled, " I won't stop until you tell me where your fucking mother is! I heard she got a new man! I'm her husband! Me!"

"She left you," Andrew coughed up blood and I know I wasn't supposed to and I know he'd be really upset with me but I ran out of the bathroom.

"Stop it, you'll kill him!"

I kneeled down next to Andrew and held his face, looking at his injuries. "Jessie go back in the bathroom."

His eye was half closed, it would swell by morning, his nose had blood running out of it and his mouth was covered in blood.

His father looked at me and smiled sinisterly, his yellow teeth showing, "No no, stay."

I could smell the alcohol from his breath and I scrunched up my nose. "So which one are you? Are you a new slut or old?" His laughter boomed throughout the room.

"I'm his girlfriend," I glared at him but he seemed unfazed.

The man held his stomach as his laughter erupted from his lips. "Another one? Stop trying man. First Amanda then Hailey, now her."

He pointed at me. I didn't know he was with Amanda.

"Jessie...leave."

I glanced at him and I could tell he was angry. I pursed my lips.

"He got Amanda pregnant but the baby died," the man laughed again, "then used Hailey to make some girl jealous."

The look on my face made it clear to him that I didn't know any of that. "I'm going now," he pointed at Andrew, "I'll be back."

He left the room and I helped Andrew to stand up. I walked over to his chair at his computer desk and sat him down.

"Where's your first aid kit?"

I waited for him to answer but he never did. "Jessie, didn't I tell you to stay in the bathroom."

"Yes but-"

"Didn't I?"

"I know but-"

"Didn't I?!"

I flinched a this unexpected tone, "Yes, you did but he was hurting you."

"He could have hurt you!"

Tears welled up in my eyes, "But he didn't."

"But what if he did?!"

"You don't have to yell Andrew!" I sobbed, "Now, where you first aid kit?" I wiped my eyes as he glared at me.

Why was he so upset? I helped him. He's mad at me because I almost got hurt? That makes no sense.

"I don't want your help."

He tried to get up but I put my hand on his bare shoulder making him flinch and hiss at the pain. I pulled away quickly, "Sorry."

I walked into the bathroom and searched all his cupboards. It was probably rude to be going through his stuff but he wasn't telling me so I had to find it for myself. I found it under his bathroom vanity.

I came out and saw him still sitting where I left him. He obviously wanted me to help him, he was just to proud. Too bad I have to wound his ego.

I opened the kit and set it on the desk next to him. I wet a cloth and applied pressure to his lip for about five minutes. He squirmed in my hold but he avoided my eyes.

After I was finished with his lip, I moved to the cut above his eyebrow then to his nose. I stood up straight and packed up the kit, putting it back in its appropriate postion.

While I was putting it away, I heard his voice from outside, "Jessie, I'm sorry."

I smiled and closed the cupboard doors, "I know."

I walked outside and he smiled, "Thanks...for helping me."

"Guess what?"

"What?"

I beamed at him and placed a small kiss on his busted lip, "I still love you."

He blushed, "Is Andrew blushing?"

I gasped and poked him and he pushed my hands away, "Stop it."

He smiled and gestured for me to sit on him. I reluctantly agreed, not wanting to harm his bruises, "I still love you too. Even though you jeopardized your safety even though I told you to stay in the bathroom. But did that stop you? No it-"

I gave him a look and he shrugged, "I'm just saying...your hot when your intimidating."

I buried my face in the crook of his neck so he wouldn't see my red face, "But really, I just think you're hot in general."

I groaned in his neck and he laughed, "What would I do without you?"

The playfulness in his voice seemed to have dripped off his tongue as his tone was a little more serious. I pulled away and looked at him, his eyes searching mine. "What do you mean?"

"We've been through so much together." He sighed and ran his hair through his already ragged hair, "I wish you weren't here with me today, Jess. You could have been hurt. I can't-"

I embraced him in a hug, still straddling him. He hissed slightly causing me to pull away apologizing. We sat in comfortable silence for a while and I got up and walked over to his bed, knowing I was hurting him. I bit my lip and concentrated on the floo, choosing my words correctly.

"Do....do you want to maybe...talk about it?" There was a long silence and when I acknowledged that he wasn't going to say anything, I filed the air, "About your...father I mean."

"He's nothing but a fucking sperm donor!"

You think I'd be used to his astringent voice by now but I wasn't so I flinched, eyes still focused on his blue carpeting. I didn't want to speak. I didn't want to ferment him. But my mind became imperturbable and I spoke up, choosing my words carefully, "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," I spoke slowly, as if the wrong words could break him...like he was fragile.

"Then why'd you bring it up?" He stood up so abruptly, it was a blur. When my eyes met his, they weren't staring at the caring ones I'd fallen in love with a few moths ago, these eyes were dark, ruthless...chafed. He punched the wall at his desk and I blenched.

He looked over at me but I avoided his eyes, staring at his ceiling, finding something to do while he let out his anger which was coursing through his like electricity going through his body.

I found out that there were eighty one large white tiles, a small scratch on the fifty forth tile and the frame on his table, with a photo of us in it, had a scratch at the bottom of the wood.

I sighed and when I couldn't handle him breaking stuff anymore, I spoke up, "It's okay to be angry." My voice came out like a squeak, as if I was afraid of him.

"Angry? I know it's okay for me to be angry Jessie," he growled, not even looking at me and I wrapped my feet under me, sitting cross legged.

"But don't break your belongings or yell profanities. You should talk to someone...to me. Let your anger put in as positive way."

"Yeah, because talking surely helped you, for the past two years."

I didn't know if to be upset with him or be hurt that he mentioned my previous phase. I stood up and grabbed my bag, heading for the door. He stopped me by holding onto my hand. I looked at him, "I'm sorry."

I pulled my hand away from him, "No, you always do this."

"Do what?"

"You always turn everything on me. I'm just trying to help you."

"You think people weren't trying to help you?"

"Well maybe I don't want to you end up like I did! And maybe I don't want you bringing up the past!"

He ran his hand through his hair and his glossy eyes looked into mine. He pulled me into a hug and when I heard him sniffle, I knew he was crying. I wrapped my arms around him and he buried his head in the crook of my neck.

We stayed in silence until he said, "I'll tell you."

He took my hand in his and walked me over to the bed. I sat down and he sat next to me until he rested his head on my lap, lying on his side.

"He was a great dad. He would take us out for ice cream very Sunday and he'd take us to the lake which I took you to." He paused for a while before continuing, "But he started drinking...just because his dumb business was about to hit rock bottom. One night he was drunk off his ass that he beat my mom becasue she didn't fold his clothes...but she was tired because of work and..."

He sniffled and I moved his hair out of his face and placed a kiss on his cheek. He turned around so he was lying on his back, "You don't have to say anymore."

"How did I get so lucky with you?" He smiled, "You probably think I'm a wuss since I always cry, especially when you're around."

I held his face in my hands and placed a small kiss on his lips, "I think only real men cry."

***************************************************************
So much feels oml...this chapter is long because I love you guys.😚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

436K 11.5K 51
Every woman's fantasy is to be married with someone they love someday. Most women are excited and ecstatic when planning their marriage ceremony with...
93.7K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
173K 4.1K 30
"Megan, I don't know what to say I..I.. I can't I need to go" "oh my God what I've done" --------------------------------------- Megan and Bella hav...
332K 11.6K 47
'Alex your brothers Missing. He was last seen in Woodward high school. You have to go. You are his only hope' 17 year old Alexandra woods, Alex for...