Shattered (COMPLETED)

jadajostis tarafından

What would you do if you lost your best friend? What would you do if your only friend was using you? What wo... Daha Fazla

Attention
Shattered- Cast
Prologue
Shattered- Chapter one
Shattered- Chapter two
Shattered- Chapter three
Shattered- Chapter four
Shattered- Chapter five
Shattered- Chapter six
Shattered- Chapter seven
Shattered- Chapter eight
Shattered- Chapter nine
Shattered- Chapter ten
Shattered- Chapter eleven
Shattered- Chapter twelve
Shattered- Chapter thirteen
Shattered- Chapter fourteen
Shattered- Chapter fifteen
Shattered- Chapter sixteen
Shattered- Chapter seventeen
Shattered- Chapter eighteen
Shattered- Chapter nineteen
Shattered- Chapter twenty
Shattered- Chapter twenty one
Shattered- Chapter twenty two
Shattered- Chapter twenty three
Shattered- Chapter twenty four
Shattered- Chapter twenty five
Shattered- Chapter twenty six
Shattered- Chapter twenty seven
Shattered- Chapter twenty nine
Shattered- Chapter thirty
Shattered- Chapter thirty one
Shattered- Chapter thirty two
Shattered- Chapter thirty three
Shattered- Chapter thirty four
Shattered- Chapter thirty five
Shattered- Chapter thirty six
Shattered- Chapter thirty seven
Shattered- Chapter thirty eight
Shattered- Chapter thirty nine
Shattered- Chapter forty
Shattered- Chapter forty one
Shattered- Chapter forty two
Shattered- Chapter forty three
Shattered- Chapter forty four
Shattered- Chapter forty five
Shattered- Chapter forty six
Shattered- Chapter forty seven
Shattered- Chapter forty eight
Shattered- Chapter forty nine
Shattered- Chapter fifty
Shattered- Chapter fifty one
Shattered- Chapter fifty two
Shattered- Chapter fifty three
Shattered- Chapter fifty four
Shattered- Chapter fifty five
SEQUEL
SEQUEL IS OUT!
TRAILER

Shattered- Chapter twenty eight

52 35 5
jadajostis tarafından

I wake up to the sound of a soothing and calming voice saying my name. "Jess."

He nodged at my shoulder lightly and I groaned, sitting up.

I rubbed my eyes, "What time is it?

He checked his phone, "About six thirty."

"Shoot! I have to be home in like thirty minutes."

"We should go then." I nodded in agreement and we folded the blanket and put it in the car along with the basket.

The car fills with our laughter and he suddenly arrives at my house. He walks me to my door, "I had a great time today."

I smile at him, "Me too. Thanks...for today."

"No problem."

We stand there akward until I reach up and place a light kiss on his cheek. I bid him goodbye and head up to my room.

What are we? Are we still friends? Are we more than friends? I needed to know.

●●●

So here I was, cramming for a biology test which was last period.

"You're not going to learn anything if you just cram you know."

"I know that Zack. This is your fault. I was fine being happy but then boom, you drop a test bomb on me."

"Sorry?" He laughs and I grumble at him.

"Did you study?"

"No," he shrugs.

"Why not?"

"I don't study."

"But you studied for the home ec test."

"Because I was with you."

I clicked my tongue on the roof of my gum and cleared my throat. "I should get back to studying."

I groaned well the bell rang, indicating the end of lunch. The day passed by fast and soon enough the test was here. I sat in my usual seat and Zack sat next to me.

"You will have one hour to complete this test. Anyone caught cheating will have their test ripped up and you'll get zero."

"Like a hero!" Someone else yelled in class causing everyone to laugh.

Somone else said, "I'm already getting zero, so you can rip mine."

Everyone laughed except me though. I was to busy trying to remeber what I had learned. During the test Zack kept trying to get answers from me.

"Pst."

I ignored him, trying to concentrate, "Pst."

I rolled my eyes and yelled at him in a whispering tone, "What?"

"What did you get for number one?"

"Are you kidding me? We've had this paper for like half an hour now and you're still on number one?"

"Yeah. So? "

"Just shade random circles and hope for the best."

He rolled his eyes but complied anyways.

After sir had collected the papers he corrected them and started to hand them back out. How did he correct that so fast? But then again, all he had to do was look at an answer sheet and see if A, B, C or D was correct.

I tried to hold on my laughter when Zack kept trying to convince sir to keep his test paper as a souvenir. He shoved the paper in Zack's hands and his smile was bright as he looked at him mark.

"How much did you get?" He asked, the smile never leaving his face.

I shrugged, "I don't know. I'm to scared to check."

He rolled his eyes and snatched my paper out of my grasp. "Fifty four. That's good for someone who crammed whole day...but ninety six is pretty awsome for someone who doesn't even know what the biology textbook looks like."

My jaw slackened, "You got what?"

He pushed it in my face and literally rubbed it on my face, "Ninety six," he sang.

"Stop rubbing it in my face...literally. And how did you get so high?"

He shrugged, "Good thing I took your advice and guessed randomly because if I had cheated from you I would have failed."

I flipped him the bird and he laughed. Bell rang for the end of school and I scurried out of class.

"Don't be such a sour puss."

Zack followed behind me but I ignored him making him laugh even harder. I spun around and crashed into his chest, almost falling which reminded me of the time I crashed into Andrew and Zack caught me.

I pushed the thought away preventing any unwanted feelings from returning.

"You cheated. Admit it."

He held his hands up in defeat, "Well duh. The smartest boy in class was sitting in front of me...you're an idiot for thinking I could score this high on my own."

"But that's not fair."

I pouted and he patted my head like a puppy making me push his hand away which made him laugh again.

"What are you doing this afternoon?"

"Nothing why?"

"I don't know. Just making conversation, I guess."

I laughed. "So you suck at biology but you're good at astronomy?"

He shrugged nodding, "Pretty much...or maybe I'm secretly a smart nerd who acts like a bad boy because he's hot and can get any girl he wants. Maybe this playboy cover is just a way of preventing me from being bullied like I was in middle school or maybe just maybe I act this way to cope with the fact that my dad doesn't care anymore. He made me give up my dream to be an astronomer so maybe I am good at biology and every other subject but I maybe I just act like I suck."

My mouth kept opening and closing and I'm sure I looked like a fish. I didn't know what to say.

"So you're good at biology?"

He sighed, "I'm sorry. It just kind of...came out. You're like the second person who's seen my nerdy side, Andrew's the first...you want to come over?"

"Um...sure, I guess."

He put his hand over my shoulder, "Your moods are too much for me to handle," I said.

He laughed, "Whatever. Where's Andrew?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. I haven't seen him all day."

After he followed me to my house, making me go to his home in his car, we were in his room.

"What do you wanna do?"

"I don't know. You are the one who invited me over."

I threw myslef on his bed and I literally sunk into the bed. It was so soft and nice.

"It's so soft."

"It's know. That's why it's my bed. Wanna play Call Of Duty?"

"No."

He stopped in his tracks and watched me as if I was crazy, "Why not?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. I'm a poised young lady and I do not play video games," I said in a terrible British accent.

I burst out laughing and he joined in, "I'm just kidding. Yeah I'll play."

He set up the game on his television and we sat on the sofa. He handed me the control and about ten minutes into the game I was dead.

"I'm dead!"

He laughed, never taking his eyes off of the screen.

"It's not funny. Why are you still alive? Die!"

"You're over dramatic. It's not my fault you can't play."

"I'm dead. They killed me! And you just stood there and watched."

He paused the game, wiping a fake tear from his eye.

"Oh my gosh! You're hilarious!" He said, in between laughs.

"No...I'm dead."

He let out a loud laugh. He stopped after a long while, catching his breath now.

"Okay. I'll start it over and we'll play again."

I hummed, "Fine...but I want that controller."

I pointed at his and he raised his eyebrows, "Why?"

"Because I have a feeling it's the controller."

He laughed but listened nonetheless.After a while of loosing, it was already five and I had to be home.

"I have to go."

I grabbed my bag and he walked me to the door.

"Bye. And thanks...for tonight I guess."

He smiled, "No problem. I had fun winning. Plus, seeing you loose turns me on."

"Zack!" I shoved at his shoulder and he laughed.

"Kidding!"

"Bye Zack."

He waved and I left to go home.

Who would have thought he was actually nerdy?

Who would have thought he was bullied in middle school?

Who would have thought it was just all an act?

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

173K 4.1K 30
"Megan, I don't know what to say I..I.. I can't I need to go" "oh my God what I've done" --------------------------------------- Megan and Bella hav...
16.5K 609 37
Alexandra Smith... She's one of those girls who hates being late to class and always abides by the rules. Alexandra could be shy and lonely sometimes...
93.9K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
3K 210 36
They say change could be a good thing... but the question is: what if it isn't? ~~~ Two best friends: Sydney Harper and Josh Williams, have been ins...