Find You There (Fanfic Versio...

By DarkPurple22

"When you let me go," I trail on, "did it hurt?" He smiles genuinely, "It did. It was the most painful thing... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Author's ?
Fun Fact Time

Thirty-Three

513 35 16
By DarkPurple22

I feel really sleepy and I think Harry is too, not so sure but we are in the dark and everything is quiet apart from the two of us inside the shed.

"Your heartbeat is really fast though," I mumble, leaning my head back and closing my eyes.

"Was fast, Swift," Harry replies.

I raise an eyebrow after opening my eyes, quite unsure if he sees it or not because I sure can see him easily. No doubt, his eyes are really sleepy. It's almost nine anyways.

I purse my lips, "Only one way to find out."

"Tay, what are you —"

I lean my head against his chest, my ear right at him. His heart is obviously racing by the second.

"Taylor, this is really uncomfortable." Harry groans and I hear it a little too loudly. Still, his heartbeats are way too fast, almost the same as earlier.

"Taylor," he repeats and I laugh as I take my head off his chest.

I smirk, "No denying, your heartbeat is really fast." I sit beside him again and sigh, "You know, I've never really asked you. . ."

"Hmm?"

"Does the suit fit you?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"It fits quite alright, yeah," he answers and there's this quiet moment of victory that I have in my head. "You picked the size, didn't you?"

"Well, I sort of estimated but I'm glad to know my memory can be useful," I reply. "What about the Hot Wheels?"

"Scattered," he answers. "Don't worry, I like them."

"Are you going to prom?" I ask, keeping the conversation flowing since we really haven't talked in a while.

"Course."

"Who's your date?"

"Haven't got the foggiest," he replies. "I don't have to ask yours."

Course not. I shrug, "If I didn't have Runner I would have asked you out. I've seen the suit so I don't have to be a genius to say it'll look pretty great on you. You are going to wear it, right?"

It takes him a while but he finally responds with a nod. "I am going to wear it, for sure."

I almost run out of things to say until I remember something, "How did you know I've been lying? Th-These past few days."

"Aside from the fact that your mind is obviously flying, you don't respond to jokes," Harry trails. "Your books."

"What?"

"Your books. The pages," he says. "At first, I thought, it was just a simple thing. Your Hungergames book? The sides are almost worn out but the thing is, bottom has more creases and folds than the top, almost nowhere in the middle."

"Okay," I reply. "You're not making any sense."

He laughs and I do too. "I haven't finished yet. May I borrow one?"

"Like — Like one book?" I ask and he nods so I take out one book from my bag and then give it to him.

"When you're happy or your days are alright, most of the time, you turn the pages from the bottom side, see?" Harry points to the bottom side that has a lot of creases so far. "These past few days, and I've seen, during your worst days, at the top."

I didn't even notice I do that.

Once again, Harry renders me speechless. I can barely think of the words to say. I mean, even I didn't notice that, how did he?

"W-Whoa, that was — how did you do that?"

"It goes without saying that I quietly observe people."

My nose wrinkles, "Gee, when I'm quiet, I judge."

In the same time, my ringtone plays out and I know I have to go home. Harry smiles genuinely once he hears it, at the same time I can see his eyes reflect the little light coming from my phone.

"Must you go?" He asks and I laugh a little. "Come on, I'll walk you there."

We keep a light yet short conversation as we make our way to the parking lot which is a little too far so Robbie had to call twice. Still, the walk couldn't have gone by that fast.

"Thanks, Harry. For the time, words —" I sigh, "And everything in between." I open the car door.

"Likewise," he replies with a smile. "Hi, Robbie."

"Always a pleasure to see you, Mr. Sty-"

"Ah?" Harry obviously cuts him off. They seem close.

"Harry," Robbie continues. "Thank you for keeping Miss Swift's company, have a good night."

"Buona notte," Harry replies, again with a smile and walks off.

I get in the car and close the door. Still, I look outside the window and see Harry glancing every once in a while with that smile on his face. Nice to see those dimples again.

Robbie starts driving off and the sight of Harry starts disappearing.

"How was your day, Miss Swift?" Robbie asks.

I open my mouth, trying to find the right words. . . I smile instead and finally say, "Mesmerizing."

Truly, it was.

As I lean my head back and play the scenes of the day before, I remember something. . .

"Robbie," I call.

"Yes, Miss Swift?"

"You and Harry seemed close. Is there something going on that I don't know?" I ask.

"Mr. Styles has been very keen on keeping his knowledge about your well-being. He often talks to your mom to see if you're okay."

What?!

"Since when?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowing.

"Since the beginning of the year," he answers.

Again, what?!

"Dude wants to me to tell the truth yet he doesn't say something about his side," I mutter under my breath. "How does he do that?" I would have seen him around at the least or maybe his car.

"Visits," he replies. "Yet he deliberately told me not to tell you how."

"I'm your —," I actually don't want to say 'boss' because every single one of the staff are my friends. "Friend. Hey, I'm closer to you."

Robbie laughs at my tone, "Of course, Miss Swift, yet things are quite different when keeping secrets of other friends. He seems like a nice boy."

"He is," I reply. "Though a little bit of a hothead sometimes, he's really nice."

The week played off much better after.

Friday. . .

"It's my birthday tomorrow!" Micha exclaims. "Oh my gosh, this is going to be great! Don't freaking forget!"

"Yeah, woot woot," Louis mutters in a bored way. "Micha, you remind us every day, I can assure you, we won't forget."

"Just a simple reminder," she retorts.

I don't really think that I want to go tomorrow but I already bailed out on Madz and Harry so it would be an awful thing if I did it thrice in a row. Plus, knowing Micha, she might move the party to my house if I don't go.

"Runner, don't you even dare bail out on me. You gotta live your life sometimes. Taylor, tell him what I said," Micha orders.

I look over to Runner, "She said you gotta live your life sometimes."

Runner laughs, "I can hear, Micha, and I understand other people that isn't Taylor, thank you very much."

"Yeah, but you only follow her orders," Harry teases.

I continue eating as quietly as possible.

"Try having a girlfriend, you'd know what it means," Runner shoots at him.

Harry simply chuckles, raising an eyebrow, "I'd rather not, the idea of a girlfriend right now seems. . . unavailable."

"Harry, seriously, who would be unavailable for you?" Madz jokes.

"I meant, the idea, I've a lot of going on," He explains to Madz.

"Well then dude, I hope you pick the right lady," Runner says, patting his back and then continues eating.

"Anyways, Swift, I hope you're free this afternoon," Micha says. "We're going to pick Madz' outfit."

"Wh-Why? I have a lot of clothes," Madz questions, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, and yet you always choose shirts and shorts. I need to see a dress."

"I have a dress, care bear."

"Whatever," Micha retorts, imitating Madz' English accent. "Swift, you're coming, right?"

"Nobody bothers to ask me," Isabelli grumbles with a pout.

"Aww, Belli," Louis coos as he puts an arm over Isabelli. "Theyw'll nowtiwce you one day, won't wthey?" He says in an attempt to baby talk Isabelli.

"Get off." Isabelli pushes him with a glare and since Louis isn't a chubby dude, she easily pushed him.

"You're coming on default, Tay bails out a lot."

"And I'm planning to keep my reputation," I say with a smile.

"You're not coming again?" Micha whines.

"Ha, just kidding."

And so the same afternoon, I came along with them. Turns out, Micha had other plans. She chose our dress for us and she chose gray one for me. I protested, because I know I have a gray dress at home and coincidentally, it's the one I used during my visit to Harry's house so she picked another one and told me not to complain or else she would push me down their pool tomorrow night.

So she picked a lavender colored dress that is much shorter than the gray one. In fact, this one has two slits at either side and is backless. Although the beads and sequins are beautiful, I regret protesting from the gray.

"Shit, Micha, this is too revealing," I complain.

"Gee Swift, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" Micha scoffs and rolls her eyes. "It's not revealing, it's just — I don't know, meant for you. If I could, I would have chosen that for me, but you're the thinnest! No offense to you, Isabelli and Madz."

Isabelli rolls her eyes.

"None taken," Madz grumbles.

"Okay, I get it, I'll wear it. But isn't there like any other color?" I ask.

"Lavender is calm, innocent even," Micha says and then she laughs, "But if you want, maybe we'll get a black dress or something blood red. You know, the kind that Runner wouldn't approve."

"The kind Runner wouldn't approve, ha-ha, like he ever said something about the way I dress up," I mumble.

"Then black it is," she says, taking the lavender dress from me and then heading to the staff.

"You like lavender," Madz says once Micha left.

I laugh and sit with her, "I just want her to have trouble if she's going to make me wear something she chose."

"She has her way," Madz grumbles as she holds the navy blue dress Micha set out for her. Isabelli got black as well, and I think Micha will head out to red.

After a while, Micha comes back, holding a black dress with the same design as the lavender. Gee, it comes in many colors.

"Okay." I smile, "We'll go with that."

I'll look like a mess but whatever.

"Your hairstyle, you could just wear a ponytail."

"I'll do exactly just that."

Not going back on what I said, Saturday night, I did exactly what Micha told me and I look absolutely ready for a party. As I am finishing my ponytail –which, unfortunately, does not include my bangs, someone is already knocking at my bedroom door.

I rush to the door, and open it, seeing Isabelli and Madz with the outfits Micha chose for them. Madz, wearing her navy blue, shiny dress reaching her knees and tied her hair in a neat bun behind her head whereas Isabelli is wearing black with a touch of pink at the top, it's just a little higher than her knees.

Isabelli smiles her pretty smile, "Micha did overdo her birthday."

"Well, we only turn eighteen once," I mumble.

"Still can't get over the fact that she bossed us over," Madz grumbles. "Anyways, we should probably go, her party starts in fifteen minutes."

"If I know Micha, it had already started."

We start making our way downstairs.

"Mom, we're heading out now," I say, raising my voice because somehow, I know mom will hear it.

"Okay, sweetie, just come back home tonight," she says, probably from the kitchen. "No staying with any boy in room."

That sounds embarrassing.

Madz and Isabelli giggles. I simply roll my eyes and head to Madz' car since she's handling our transportation for the night. I take the shotgun and Isabelli said I'll just use the backseat later and I agree.

"This is going to be the ultimate cliche highschool party, no?" Madz asks, almost whining as she doesn't like those.

I'm alright with parties and so is Isabelli but Madz is a different subject. I swear, she and Runner are at the same level.

"Exactly," Isabelli replies. "Although she bought white cups, so you know."

"Prediction, she'll have us play truth or dare," I say.

"Another prediction, she'll probably dare Harry to kiss you," Isabelli says and looks at me.

"Why in the hell would she do that?" I ask.

"Ha! Don't you know? She loves the idea of a little game of love, love triangles and the like," Madz says. "You aren't blind, nor naive, you know Micha loves the idea of you being with Harry. She's a bit of a mortal Aphrodite."

That's a very weird way to put it but I can say it's accurate.

"Y-Yeah I know Micha loves those kinds of things but she won't do it in front of Runner," I reply.

"Hmm, probably not," she says. "Micha's been setting me up with Chua from the football team these days."

"Well, Gerard can play the piano," I say.

"But, darling, would my cousin approve of his teammate being in the same page with me? IDTS."

"On my birthday, things are going to go my way," Isabelli says. "We're going to visit a lot of churches around Barcelona."

"Can't wait for it," I tell her honestly. "It's time I get back to Europe, things had been stressful."

"Taylor, Taylor, always wanting for an adventure." Madz clicks her tongue after. "Whereas I just want to stay home because damn, journeys make me sick as hell."

"Anyways, speaking of travels, where'd you cats want to go this field trip? You know, the one after the exams?" Isabelli asks. "Dad is asking me because that'll be our last trip, it should count."

"London seems a bit too cheesy now, does it?" Madz asks.

"That's where the 2015 batch went," I say.

"So? That's two years ago." I raise an eyebrow at Isabelli and she says, "You're right. Maybe we should go where Harry lived, the one with Romeo and Juliet?"

"Verona, Italy?" I ask. "Why? Don't you like Rome? Florence or the city of canals, Venice?"

"I can't swim, no Venice," she says with a little too much strength in her voice.

"Shouldn't all whales know how to swim?" Madz mutters cleverly so Isabelli hit her shoulder and I heard the slap. "Ow! Fins off, bluella! I'm driving here."

"I'm going with Verona."

"There isn't much in there, Isabelli," I say, even though I'd love to go there.

"Not according to Harry."

"Okay, fine, you win, you're the Stenton." I raise my hands in slight surrender.

When we get near the party, we can hear the music even from inside the car from a little over ten meters away.

"Micha overdid it," I say as I get out of the car and close the door. I look at the huge house her family has and it doesn't look as classy as I remember it. Of course with all the lights and already-drunk people partying with white cups in their hands.

The speakers boomed from inside out, playing modern songs. Drunk schoolmates are already outside, dancing and doing a lot of things I do not want to describe as they can settle for the scandalous. I can only imagine what's going on inside and in her pool.

"I don't quite think —" an empty cup accidentally hit her arm and sighs, "Yep, she had overdone it."

"And they actually think we're the wild ones," Isabelli adds. "Who wants to go inside the lion's den first?"

Madz steps in front and then turns around with a smirk, "Definitely not me. Just kidding, come on cats, Micha will kill us if she doesn't find us in there by eight."

She's right.

All three of us walk inside avoiding the people making every tile a dance floor, some dancing with someone else and some alone. Most of the students are way beyond sober, in fact, they're going to have a hell of a hangover. The music is making my heartbeat go along with it as we walk around.

"I'm gonna need therapy," I hear Madz because she's quite near me, walking closely.

Some student already passed out on the couch while someone is throwing up. A few students are playing spin-the-bottle and the next thing I see is someone leading someone in the bedroom.

I stop looking around as I know this will be in my memory forever so I just keep my eyes on Isabelli's back, that's much better.

If I see something else gruesome, more gruesome than what's happening already, I'd need therapy too.

"Finally! What took you cats so long?" Micha exclaims once we reach the top of the stairs. "I'm glad you all wore what I picked out."

We all start exchanging greetings. And then she drags us out to the balcony. There, Louis, Runner and Harry are all gathered, drinks and snacks around them. At Harry's feet are a load of white cups, at Lou's just a few whereas Runner is holding onto one. It makes me wonder whether Harry is still sober enough to comprehend what's going on or not. According to his serious stare, and light smile once he sees us, he's still sober.

But how?!

"Hey." Runner walks towards me and gives me a quick kiss. I can easily taste the beer but I don't comment anything. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks."

"Runner here is a little weak," Louis says with a smile, lifting his cup up.

"Just want to stay sober for a little more," Runner replies. He puts an arm over me, "Never seen you wear one like that."

"Micha's choice," I say.

"And damn, I'm good." She sounds proud of herself and why wouldn't she be? "Anyways, I'm gonna head downstairs, do a little socializing. . ."

Madz, Isabelli and I exchange glances that goes without saying. . . socializing meant flirting.

"So you cats can enjoy the pool, partying and see if there are available rooms for the couples, see ya!" She says and then just like that, she ditches us.

A moment of silence for the ones she left. . .

I sigh, "I'm going to get a drink."

Runner raises an eyebrow at me.

"I'm not going to get drunk, I'll just get one. Or do you want to come with me as I do?" I ask and he nods. I laugh, "Okay, let's go."

I can tell already, this is going to be a long night for us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 1.8K 55
PREQUEL TO GYMNOPHORIA apodyopsis (n.) the act of mentally undressing someone The number one feeling I felt in the relationship was anxiety... Everyt...
25.9K 1.6K 59
All my life I'd been out of place, to my family, to the place I'm living in, to the relationships I've been in. Everything never seemed to match and...
136K 4.6K 50
I knew she was in trouble. I knew her life was nothing, but a train-wreck; A distaster waiting to explode. I knew she was in agony and I knew her sou...
35.8K 1.4K 35
Nothing in the world hurts more than a broken heart being shattered by the same person over and over again.