Find You There (Fanfic Versio...

By DarkPurple22

"When you let me go," I trail on, "did it hurt?" He smiles genuinely, "It did. It was the most painful thing... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Author's ?
Fun Fact Time

Thirteen

455 41 3
By DarkPurple22

Monday, before lunch time, Runner is still pissed off at Harry. Mostly, it's just because of the almost hit but I kept telling him I was okay. I know for a fact that he isn't going to invite Harry over for lunch so in recess I make my way to their class. . . as in their class since Runner is in the same class, only he wasn't there.

It's pretty rare that I go to their class since it's a floor away but I don't think I want Harry to feel out of the cats. Little does he know that he's already in it whether he liked it or not. And I'm not just going to let him out of it.

Unfortunately, when I get there, Harry's with Lindsey. It was at that moment when I don't know whether I go on ahead and approach them or wait for it. Lindsey and I aren't close at all, we just see each other every once in while, I don't mess with her, she doesn't mess with me so I have no problems with her.

I just don't know whether I approach them or not.

Not.

They are taking very long. I lean against the walls, with my arms crossed, counting how many minutes I have left before I am considered late for Mr. Bishop's class.

Finally, that brunette leaves Harry and I approach him immediately.

Harry rubs his eyes and takes a very deep breath upon seeing me. Yet I try not to comment on that.

"Hey," I say. "Just so you know, you're spending lunch with us. You're not backing out even though you almost killed me."

"I didn't —"

I hold up my hand, "Not my point, it's not my point. I just, I don't want you to feel like you can't have lunch with us. Don't bail on me."

"But Taylor—"

"Don't. . . bail on me," I say in a stern voice. And then I smile, "I'll see you, Harold."

The school bell rings so I after skipping a few steps as though it was spring, I run to the lower floor as though I am in a marathon.

I sneak into my next class, luckily without getting seen by Mr. Bishop and then I settle with my seat next to Madz.

"Where the bloody hell have you been?" Madz asks. "You honestly look like a sweating teacup."

Is there such thing?

"Harry," I reply and try as fast as I can to catch my breath. I close my eyes and lean my head back, "See he almost got me killed by his car but luckily, he hit his brakes so I'm alive."

It was an easy thing to get over with but honestly, with my mind, it was hard to forget. It's not that I'm traumatized though.

"I'm sorry, could you please repeat what you said? I kind of heard it wrong, I take it you said Harry almost got you killed?"

"He did," I answer lightly, scratching the back of my ear, my hand under my hair.

"What?!" Isabelli yells from behind, making me almost jump from my seat.

"Miss Stenton, please be quiet," Mr. Bishop turns around while we try our best not to laugh at her.

"But seriously, what?!" She whisper yells at me.

"Don't make a big deal, something was wrong with him that night," I whisper back.

"But did he really almost hit you?" Micha asks, from behind Madz.

"Don't whisper from behind me, it tickles, you paper towel!" Madz complains, scratching the back of her head.

"Miss Pressman, the four of you, last warning," Mr. Bishops says so we all pretended like we were minding our own businesses. When he finally turns our back on us, we continue talking.

"Almost," I reply to Micha. "Nice car, though."

"That black cute car?" She asks.

It didn't even occur to me that he probably has two cars. I mean, I saw the Porsche last night but the Accent didn't occur to me at all.

"No, it was actually a silver Porsche," I answer. "At least I think it was, I didn't really observe. Hey, I almost got hit by a fricking car!"

"Swift! One more word out of one of you, you'll all get detention!" Mr. Bishop almost yells.

"Gee, what a freaking killjoy," I mutter under my breath. But us, being the good girls we are decide to just wait for the next subject.

That's when I tell them, "You cats gotta vote litterbox with Harry and Runner."

"Why? What's going on?" Micha asks, for the first time, she's the one who is taking it very slowly.

"Runner was mad at Harry because, again, I almost got hit by a car."

"Oh, okay, sweet!" Isabelli says, smiling cheerfully, her cheeks bulging like. . . as much as I'd hate to make a reference, her cheeks were bulging like Agnes from Despicable Me.

I also ask for Harry's number from Micha. I've no idea why she has it but Micha has everything so I try not to be too surprised.

So I send a text message to Harry, all caps. . .

DO NOT BAIL ON ME
-TS ;)

We are in the middle of a class so I get a little surprised that he replied almost immediately.

How'd u get my #?

My nose wrinkles a little about the way he texts but I guess it's just because we are both in class.

Secrets... Just don't bail on me, k?

I can almost imagine him scoffing and rolling his eyes while the name runs smoothly out of his mouth, "Micha."

:)

Who the fudge just sends an emoji these days?! I roll my eyes and groan at the lack of explanation here.

I put my phone back in my pocket and start paying actual attention to my classes –most of the times today, I was just faking it.

Lunch time, I start wondering whether Harry will actually leave me alone in my invitation but just as we are about to start eating, Micha comes around with Harry.

Runner was practically glaring while the rest of us are as serene as ever.

"Is it just me or Micha and Harry had been spending a load of time together? Bloody paper roll isn't even interested in pasta."

Okay, I think Madz meant Micha isn't even interested in Harry and I think she's right. Somehow, I think Micha has other reasons why she's spending time with Harry. . . and damn it, she always has a reason.

"What's with the sour face, Run?" Micha asks, batting her pretty eyelashes and sits down. I know, she's trying to push him too.

"Runner, I am very sorry about —"

"Cool it Harry," I say. I know for a fact Runner would just shrug his apology off for now. "No harm done."

Honestly, I'm just trying to piss off Runner because he won't let go of the incident back in Saturday night. Basically, I just want him to be the same way as I am sometimes. Live off by forgive but not forget because if you forget about it, you won't have a warning that they might be doing the same thing all over again but you've already forgiven so in that way, you feel much better and you're much more careful than the way you are before.

"Yeah, Tay, no harm done," Runner mutters.

I glare at him, "Why? There's seriously no harm done."

"Why? What's going on?" Louis asks, and it takes me a split second to remember that he's the only one who doesn't know. I'm sort of surprised that Runner didn't tell him.

"Runner is mad at Harry," Isabelli answers so straightaway that Runner comes out surprised.

"Because he almost hit Taylor!" Runner defends.

"I said, I'm sorry. Do you think I wanted it to happen?" Harry says back in a tone that's the same as Runner's which surprises me just a little bit.

"Maybe you oughta be careful, now then—"

"Cat fight!" Madz announces and I hear Runner mutter a swear under his breath.

"Gosh, yes!" I agree while Harry looks confused. It's all part of the little plan.

"Taylor?!" Runner says because I know that he knows I'm just teasing him.

"Totally litter box worthy!" Micha exclaims, clapping her hands. As of now, we're making a little too much noise and some people are turning their heads toward our direction.

"I really hate you, cats," Runner mutters and I laugh.

"Majority wins, Run."

"What just happened?" Harry asks and of course, he doesn't know our tradition.

"When cats fight, they get punished by being in the litter box," Micha explains to him.

"And what does that mean?"

"It means these dullards are going to lock us in one bathroom cubicle until we get along!" Runner complains. "Taylor, why are you doing this?"

I laugh and the two of them look at me.

"You planned this, didn't you?" Harry asks, finally realizing what I've done.

I lick my lips and smile sweetly, enjoying the absolute realizations in their faces that they had been played between my fingers. They should probably know that I can do these sort of things when I want to.

"Smart," Harry mutters, and I try my best not to show how startled I am to hear a compliment from him. "Ingenious."

"Was that a compliment, I hear? Cool but you're not getting out of your situation. Litter box." I smile again and he laughs, looking a little entertained.

It's a pretty unusual sight for Harry to compliment me, especially instead of Runner who is probably annoyed at me so I figured, might as well mess with him.

After lunch, we all head to the boys' restroom, making it a little uncomfortable for the students who are inside because there are three girls inside it.

"This is the boys' restroom, Swift!" One of the student says as he was walking out.

Honestly, I don't know him. I've seen him around but I really don't know him.

"Shut up! We don't even know who you are!" Micha retorts at him and winks at me as she whispers, "Totally know him, absolute jerk so don't hold back on the sarcasm."

We lean against the lavatory as we wait a little for Louis to push Runner in.

"This is serious?!" Harry asks in surprise. Doesn't he know.

"Yep, very," Isabelli answers.

"It's a tradition, parsley, so better suck up your pride and apologize," Madz mutters.

"I did apologize!" He reasons out.

"Yes, but did he forgive you? No, kitten, that means it's litter box time," she smiles at him.

The moment Runner gets inside the cubicle, it takes a while of hesitation and debating inside his mind before Harry walks in.

Harry's hair, full of quiffs they are keeps showing itself at the top of the cubicle. Louis leans against the door and looks at his watch while the two remains quiet.

"Is no one gonna say something, cats?" Louis asks impatiently. "Hurry up, it's kind of musty!"

"I apologized, for the love of —"

"Wow, it's my fault?" Runner cuts him off.

I huff upwards, making my bangs fly every time I do. "This is sort of boring," I mumble. And I agree with Louis, it's musty.

"I didn't say it was," Harry says. "I almost ran her over with my car, something was wrong with me that night and I apologized immediately, didn't I?"

"Were you drunk?"

"No!"

"Were you high?"

"Fuck, no!"

"Then why the hell did you seem like both?" Runner asks and honestly, I haven't thought about that. I just thought there was something wrong with him, that drunk or high thing didn't occur to me at all.

"I was —" Harry pauses and continues the rest in rapid Italian.

"English, please!" Isabelli yells. Her being the half Spanish here should probably understand even a little. But not really as she doesn't even speak Spanish.

"S-Sleepy," Harry continues in a hesitant voice.

I start laughing quietly, same through with Micha and Madz.

"Maybe you shouldn't drive in an awful condition."

"Don't lecture me about driving," Harry hisses a little and I sort of understand. If I was the professional race car driver here and someone is lecturing about driving, I'd be pretty pissed off.

But then again, I don't think anyone else in our squad knows that he is a race car driver and he seems pretty secretive about that.

"Really? Because it felt like you needed it."

Shut up, Runner, it'll be embarrassing if you find out that Harry Styles is a freaking professional racecar driver.

"I wasn't drunk, nor high," Harry explains. "The so-called awful condition doesn't happen often and it's just coincidence that it happened to be Taylor I almost hit."

"This is such a juicy story!" Micha squeals, looking all excited. Oh well, she lives on those kinds of things entirely so we all tend to tolerate her. In fact, I really enjoy it sometimes.

A few more boys walk inside and turn their heel immediately to go outside once they see us.

"How long are you cats going to make me do this?" Runner asks.

"Until you've forgiven him," I answer.

"Oh goody, now I do, can we please go?"

"Until he accepts your um, reply for his apology," Madz says.

"What are you three ladies doing here?" A voice booms out, echoing in the restroom. Our heads turn to the door where we see our head teacher, Mr. Garner.

Quick, think of something!

"Isn't this the girls' restroom?" Madz asks immediately, looking confused. She looks around and acts surprised, "Oh, wrong place, girls!"

Gladly, Mr. Garner let us move out of the restroom in ease and without sending us to detention. Now it's just up to the boys.

All four of us hang in the hallways, two leaning against the parapets while two leaning against the wall opposite of it.

"How'd you think things are going in there?" Isabelli asks, opening her can of Pringles.

"Fine, probably," Micha answers eyeing the Pringles.

The moment Isabelli takes the lid and the thin paper off, Micha immediately takes the chance to get the first Pringle.

"Hey!" Isabelli pushes her hand yet too late, Micha already got some.

"Why'd you come up with this, anyway?" Madz asks.

"Runner is making a big deal out of nothing," I answer. "Belli, can I?"

"Eh, sure." She extends her hand towards me with the Pringles can and I take a few.

"I don't know, Rapunzel, nobody just forgives. Especially when you almost get hit by a Porsche, Carrera GT," Micha says in full detail. "Asked Harry, googled the car and damn, that was a sweet ride! If Harry uses that to school, girls will be flocking all over him."

"To be fair, girls are already flocking over him, as is," Madz says and I can't go against that.

"Why do you keep calling me Rapunzel?" I ask though seriously, I recall she called me that just twice so far.

"Blonde hair, that's it," she answers nonchalantly and I am not entirely convinced. "Oh, and add the fact that you read the three same books over and over again."

"Rapunzel does that?" I ask.

"In the Disney version, yep. All you lack is Pascal and Flynn Ryder."

"Let's just say that I have no idea what you meant," I say because I haven't watched the movie. Yep, I'm probably missing out but as I said, I'm not fond of childish stories and princess fantasies.

Isabelli, on the other hand though, is very fond of those. In fact, she keeps saying she is Moana because of the fact that their hair are both curly and dark but builtwise, voicewise, and skinwise, absolutely not.

"Can anyone please explain?" I ask, looking at each one of them. Micha isn't going to explain it to me, judging by that smug smirk on her face.

I look at both Isabelli and Madz, "Look, I'm not going to tell you anything, not to give ideas like this one!" Madz hisses at Micha while she just laughs.

"What idea?" I ask.

"Just don't ask, Rapunzel, no one's going to tell you. That movie is my favorite by the way, so watch it." Again, with their commercials of forcing me into watching movies.

"When, I'm bored. I'll watch it one day," I say though in my terms, it'll be a long while before I can do that.

After a few more minutes of just the four of us talking among ourselves, the three boys came out. Of course, Runner and Harry keeping their distances while Louis is rubbing his shoulder.

"What the bloody hell happened to you, cousin?" Madz asks, laughing.

"Runner pushed the frickin door without a warning!" Louis hisses and Runner laughs.

"Forgive me, please. I don't want two litterboxes in a day," he replies, even with the joking tune, he seems serious with that.

"How'd it go with Harry and Runner?" Micha asks, looking every bit excited as she was earlier.

"Good," Harry replies. "The whole experience was certainly awakening, remind me never to mess with anyone of you."

We all look at Louis since he's the only witness ."Yep, they've made up," Louis says.

"Careful driving, curls," Runner says and imitates a salute but that's fine enough for me.

He then walks towards me and put an arm over me, pulling me away from the cats and to somewhere else opposite. As soon as we are alone, he pulls me a little closer.

"You, my darling have a way of pissing me off," he says in a joking tune and I laugh. "We're good, I swear, that wasn't acting."

"Well, finally," I say. "Told you to forget about it, didn't I?"

"Yep, remind me to always follow your orders," he replies. "Ha just kidding." He kisses me on the lips shortly. "I'll walk you to your next class."

"Sure."

I still haven't got the chance to talk to Harry, though. But then I just settle with the idea that I'll just meet him in the field. Hopefully, he won't avoid me like he did last week because that fact absolutely sucks.

I'll talk to him later. . .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 1.8K 55
PREQUEL TO GYMNOPHORIA apodyopsis (n.) the act of mentally undressing someone The number one feeling I felt in the relationship was anxiety... Everyt...
434 12 16
Based on true events not edited >There it is that sentence which controls my life since two years, those words who ruined my life, those seven wo...
136K 4.6K 50
I knew she was in trouble. I knew her life was nothing, but a train-wreck; A distaster waiting to explode. I knew she was in agony and I knew her sou...
7.4K 366 16
I didn't see it coming... I didn't see those feelings catching up to me again. But there he is, more beautiful than ever and all the memories burn f...