Never Giving Up...

By NeverGiveIn2598

(An Austin Carlile Adoption Story) After years of being abandoned at foster care from her father, she finds... More

Meet Abby..
Chapter 1: Adoption Centers
Chapter 2: Thoughts
Chapter 3: Dad?
Chapter 4: Two Weeks Later
Chapter 5: Hospitals...
Chapter 6: Praying It All Would Go Away..
Chapter 7: I Will Fight for the Sake of You..
Chapter 8: Say Anything That Can Make This Okay..
Chapter 9: Who Dreamed Of A Little Home For Me.
Chapter 10: If Your Wings Are Broken,
Chapter 11: Borrow Mine 'Till Yours Can Open Too.
Chapter 12: Breathe Without You
Chapter 13: Small Discussions
Chapter 14: Adventure Time!
Chapter 15: You're Not Alone
Chapter 16: I Don't Know What to Believe
Chapter 17: A Tree With Charred Limbs
Chapter 18: Pamela
Chapter 19: Pain, Every Day That I Awake
Chapter 20: I Will Survive, I Am Relentless
Chapter 21: Not Too Late to Turn Back
Chapter 22: It Just Feels Like Forever
Chapter 23: Don't Ruin A Perfect Thing
Chapter 24: This Has Just Been So Hard
Chapter 26: They Say, Find Your Way
Chapter 27: But I Can't See Anything
Chapter 28: Perfection Is The Disease of a Nation

Chapter 25: If I Could Find The Words

232 7 1
By NeverGiveIn2598

~~ Abigail's POV ~~ 

We had landed in L.A. about two hours ago, we went out to eat at taco bell and now the guys are dropping me off at the hospital to see Austin. 

"Are you going to tell him?" Alan asks as he sits in the passenger seat. 

Aaron was too focused on the road to speak up, he was one of those drivers that like to focus on the road and not be bothered, "I have to," I say quietly. 

"Fuck, I don't even know what to say," Aaron says silently. 

I didn't either, to be honest. I'm going to walk in there and just say it. 

"Call one of us when you're ready to be picked up," Alan says as Aaron drives into the hospital parking lot. Aaron stops the car and I get off. 

"I will," I say as I then close the door. I watch as they drive off, I then walk inside the hospital building. 

The walk to Austin's hospital room felt like forever. I smiled at a few nurses, even a couple of strangers. I just needed one person to smile back and maybe it'll feel like everything will be alright. But no one smiled back. So much faith in humanity. 

I knocked on Austin's door as I walked in, "Hey," He said silently, his voice was hoarse. He had just woken up. 

"Did I wake you?" I ask as I walk over to the chair that was set right next to his bed. 

"No, I've been awake for a couple of minutes already," He smiles at me, "I missed you, kid." 

"I missed you too," I said with a smile

"So, how was it?" He eagerly asked.

"Where's Pamela?" No, I wasn't avoiding the question, I just wanted to know where Pamela was before I even say anything. I wanted to make sure this conversation doesn't get interrupted. 

"She went to the cafeteria," I couldn't do it now, "why?" 

"Just wondering," I smile, "So, when are you able to get out of here?" 

"In a few days, Oh, by the way, I had set up a meeting with a school for you to go to," he says as he grabs some papers that were on the table next to him. "I need you to sign these, though." 

"Am I signing my soul over to the school?" I ask as I grabbed the pile of papers. 

He chuckled, "it's mostly a lot of reading but I marked where you have to sign. You don't have to read it but it might be good if you do." 

I nod, "I'll get to it then," I said as I set the papers on my lap. 

"You don't have to do it now, the meeting isn't until next week," He says as he takes the stack of papers from me and sets them back on the bedside table. He looks back over to me, "now how did it go?" 

Just then Pamela walks in, "Hey! You're back!" she says with a huge grin. I smile and get up from my chair, I hug her. "We've missed you!" She says as we hugged. 

"I missed you guys too," I say as I let go of the hug. 

"Are you hungry? They're serving some delicious food in the cafeteria?" Pamela says.

"No, but I could go for dessert." 

She looks over to Austin, "We'll be back!" 

Austin just nods. 

I walk out with Pamela, "So, do you know what school Austin is having me apply to?" 

"It's a private school, don't worry you don't wear uniforms but you do stay until 5 instead of 3. Something about they have students stay to do homework and tutoring. I actually went to get the papers and the campus is pretty big and nice," She says with a smile, "I think you'll like it." 

"Let's hope so," I say as we reach the cafeteria. 

I got myself some chocolate pudding, Pamela paid for me and we sat down at a table as I ate the pudding. It was actually pretty good. 

"So, how was it?" Pamela asked. 

"It was okay," I said silently. I didn't want to go into details with her, mainly because I didn't know her well enough to talk to her about my problems.

"Just okay?" I nod, "Okay," she stayed silent for a few seconds, "You know you can talk to me about things right? Just because I'm Austin's girlfriend doesn't mean you can't talk to me about certain things." 

I smile, "Thanks, Pamela." I say as I place my plastic spoon into my now empty pudding cup, "Thanks for the pudding too." 

She chuckles, "Come on. Austin is probably eager to talk to you." 

We both get up and walk back to Austin's room. "How was dessert?" Austin asks as I sit back down on the chair. 

"It was good," I said as I smile.

"Well, I'm going to get going now," She gives Austin a peck on the lips, "I'll talk to you tomorrow and Abigail," she looks at me, "Remember what I said." 

I nod, "I will." 

Pamela smiles and walks out of the room, "What did she say?" Austin asks as soon as Pamela is out of sight. 

"Girl things," I said with a smile. 

"Oh," He says, he looks at me and sighs, "So, for like the third time today, how did it go?" 

"Well, it was New York. Huge city, lots of people, yet still gorgeous. Lots of big buildings. Oh! Our hotel had this amazing breakfast bar-" 

"Sweetie, that's great and all, I want to hear about New York but I really want to know how it went with your biological father," he says as he gives me a gentle smile. 

I took in a deep breath, my eyes stung as tears formed in them, "I don't know how to say it, Austin. I don't know how you'll take it," my voice shook as the words came out of my mouth. 

"What happened?" His voice showed so much concern. So did his eyes. 

"A lot," so much. So much happened on that trip and it was so emotional. 

"Tell me."

I let out a shaky breath, "Okay, um," I looked for the words as I searched the room, hoping to find some type of light bulb. "When I found out who my biological father was all I could think of was how to tell you. What words to say. How I should even say it..." 

"Does he want you back? Did he not sign the papers?" He sounded confused. 

"He signed them, Austin," I told Austin he signed them once we had gotten back at the hotel room, "It's just that... the fact that he wasn't who he said he has impacted everything in a different level... I'm not sure if I make sense." 

"Who was he?" 

"His real name is Adam Gonzalez," Austin nods, "but you know him as Shayley Bourget." 

His whole facial expression went from concerned to confused. 

"W-what?" He stuttered as he tried to comprehend what I had just said. I still was trying to comprehend it, as well. 

"He was in a forbidden relationship with my mother who was his substitute teacher. My mother covered everything up so he wouldn't ruin his life by their relationship. But there were still rumors about them being together so when he got into the music industry he changed his name mostly because he didn't want people to talk about it." 

"Holy shit." 

"He was there when I was born and I actually got to spend a whole day with him," I smiled a bit as a tear fell down my cheek, "He told me about my mother and I feel like I know her more now. I just felt so bad for not telling you, I felt like I was betraying you in some way but I just wanted to tell you in person. Not over the phone... I hope you forgive me," I said as I felt more tears roll down my cheeks. 

He stayed silent for a while all you could hear were my sniffling from my crying, "come here," he says silently as he opens up his arms. I get into his embrace, he hugs me tight as he combs my hair with his hands, "I'm so thankful that he told you about your mother and I'm not mad that you didn't tell me about him right away. I'm actually happy you decided to tell me in person, very mature of you." I looked up at him as he smiles down at me, "As long as he signed the papers we should be happy right?" I nod, "Now tell me everything about your mother or New York. You choose," his voice was calm and happy. His reaction was different than what I thought it would be. 

I smiled as I laid down in the bed with him, my head on his chest, his hand still combing my hair. I then proceeded to tell him about the things I found out about my mother, he laughed at the funny parts and wiped my tears away when I said I missed her. 

I then changed the subject when it got too emotional for me. I talked about what I loved about New York and how I just wanted to go back to visit, maybe see more of Central Park. Overall, I was just happy Austin would finally, officially be my father after such a long wait. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382K 13.4K 86
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
2.1M 108K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
173K 4.3K 47
TAEKOOK STORY TOP : JUNGKOOK BOTTOM : TAEHYUNG In this story taehyung was purchased by biggest multi billionaire jeon jungkook rude cruel Taehyun...
390K 8.1K 35
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.