May I?

By RachelWatson2

May I hold you as you fall to sleep? May I be your shield? Klaine Mpreg More

I'm Pregnant
Caution
Not Alone
Red
Pieces
Let It All Go
Family
Time will heal
A Faithland Summer
A Faithland Summer Part 2
A Faithland Summer Part three
Home
You and Me
The Doctor is in
Bird Set Free
Planning
Nationals
Two days before the wedding
Surprise
Destiny
Ever Ever After
Six Months Later
A beautiful treasure
Decisions Decisions
I Lived
Excerpt 1A: The Trial
I Lived 2a
Vacation
The Birth (Excerpt)
Day 10: Trial Excerpt- Kurt's POV
Too late to apologize
Say You Won't Let Go
Excerpt #4: Post Partumn Anger
Open for Chapter Prompts
How Far I'll Go
Hey Brother
Starlight, Shine bright
Future
Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving Pt. 2
Thanksgiving Pt. 3
Evil Plans and Birthdays
Prom
Bad
Nationals
Always and Forever
I'll Be Home For Christmas
Criticism has come to Ohio
You'll be in my heart
Graduation
Update + Sequel is up!

The Decision

944 24 6
By RachelWatson2

"Kurt, are you even listening to yourself? Listening to me?! For the millionth time, you are NOT holding me back from anything! You are NOT depriving me of anything! I chose to be a part of this life with you!" Blaine said or felt like he repeated. Of course when Tim came to talk to Jack, he had passed Kurt in the kitchen and Kurt passed Blaine with a fake smile and something about going to see Lucas. When Blaine would corner Kurt and try to ask him what was wrong, Kurt would avoid him or change the subject. Now that they had the house to themselves just for a bit, there was nowhere for Kurt to go. The two were currently arguing in the bedroom. "I can't help it Blaine! I mean it's Prom! People like us dream of going to things like that and shoving it in people's faces but instead we're hiding. Don't you want to go?" Kurt retorted back, pacing. Blaine shook his head. "No!! Like I said about our honeymoon and like everything else, I am not going to abandon you just to go off on an adventure alone. You were pregnant, you were scared and that would've made me feel like an ass! If this is about our marriage, I don't regret that either! I love you and I would've married you regardless of our age because that's who we are! No one could ruin nor tear that up but yet you're still worrying about it and I get that but don't for a second think that you are holding me back from anything."

Rachel and Finn had walked in the ranch house and were about to call out when they heard the yelling. "Blaine-" "You're not holding me back from anything! I love you, I love being married to you, I love being with you everyday, Kurt! I love Lucas, I loved Katie, I love that we can have children naturally and that they come out like perfect angels. I love being a father and no, I don't care that we had him early like we did! I love hearing his squeals and his giggles and his tiny words, don't you?!" Blaine felt tears spark his eyes while Kurt's tears were falling as he hugged himself. The couple just stared at each other as they thought about it. About everything. Kurt lowered his head, sobs escaping his lips as he held himself. Blaine came over and held his arms, making Kurt look at him. Blaine had his own tears falling. "I'm just scared. I'm so scared." Kurt admitted as he sobbed out. Blaine wiped his tears with his thumbs and Kurt took a stuttering breath. "Listen to me. I am in way too deep to leave you like this. To just abandon you for some stupid dream my uncle holds up. I don't want a girl, I want my husband. I don't want a life where our son doesn't exist, I want him to exist and continue to make us happy. I don't want to go to prom if it's going to make my amazingly strong husband sick with grief and fear. Even if all of our friends want us to come and spend the night with them, I'll stand by your side and tell them along with you that we can't. That stepping in that gym is just too much and dancing on that floor is just too much. Whatever you decide, I'll follow. Okay?" Blaine said in a soft tone as Kurt sobbed. "Okay?" Blaine asked again softer and gentler. Kurt looked at him and nodded before falling into Blaine's arms for a hug. Finn and Rachel had their ears to the door, tears in their eyes.

After Thanksgiving Break
Mr. Schue wrote the word PROM on the board, making everyone cheer. Kurt and Blaine's faces stayed stoic and straight but they did smile for their friends. "I can't wait for this year's prom! It's going to be spectacular!" Tina said, smiling at the thought. "And what's better is in order for us to pave our way to Nationals, we got asked to perform at Prom! So I want prom numbers, be it solos, duets, trios." Blaine looked at Kurt and Kurt looked at Blaine as they held hands. Kurt knew that look, had seen that look all morning. "You okay?" He whispered. "I'm nervous." Kurt whispered back. "Remember, I'm behind you 100%." Blaine said and Kurt smiled, packing his cheek. They tuned in to Mr. Schue and Kurt raised his hand. "Yes, Kurt. Do you have a song you wish to share?" Kurt swallowed a lump in his throat before nodding. He figured that if he couldn't say it without wanting to vomit or cry, he'd sing it. It's worked so far. He stood and let Blaine's hand fall from his as he walked to the front of the room. Boom boom boom The sound of his boots hitting the floor echoed in his mind as he faced his friends.

Kurt took a breath before holding his hands. "I...um...I don't really know how to explain this song but hopefully you get the message behind it." Kurt looked at Brad who nodded and began to play.

I remember tears streaming down your face
When I said, I'll never let you go
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Kurt looked at Blaine for reassurance as he waited for the bridge to pass. Blaine gave him a small smile and Kurt took a deep breath, closing his eyes.

Don't you dare look out your window darling
Everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby
Even when the music's gone

In Kurt's mind, he was sitting in the gym on the floor. In front of him was a bassinet, pure light and white with a shining baby girl inside. He held her tiny hand in his as he sung on.

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Everyone watched with somber hearts as Kurt seemed to almost crumble but he took a deep breath and sung on, opening his eyes. Tears were falling but he just kept going.

Just close your eyes
You'll be alright
Come morning light,
You and I'll be safe and sound...

The light grew bigger and brighter until finally the baby was gone and Kurt was alone.

Oooooo, OoooOooo,
Oooooo, OoooOooo,
Oooooo, OoooOooo,
Oooooo, OoooOooo,
Oooooo, OoooOooo,
Oooooo, OoooOooo...

He stopped, a sob escaping the last harmonization. Mercedes, Rachel and Tina were wiping their tears while Brittany, Santana and Quinn looked somber. Puck, Sam, Mike and Artie looked ready to kill. Mr. Schue looked concerned. "Who was it? Who hurt you? Was it Blaine?" Puck asked and Kurt looked at him quick. "It's-" Puck cut Kurt off. "I knew! How could you, Anderson?!" Puck got up and Kurt had to yell to stop Puck from pummeling his husband. "We're not going to prom!" Everyone looked at Kurt in shock, including Santana. Rachel and Finn were only neutral. "What?" Quinn said. Kurt looked ready to crack so Blaine got out of his seat and went over to Kurt, taking his hand. That hand led to Kurt squeezing it hard as Blaine explained. "We're not going. We can't." He said. "If it's about the jocks, we'll protect you guys. We won't let them get near you guys." Sam said. Kurt just turned and left the room. Finn got up to chase after him but Quinn stopped him, running out of the room. Before she left, she turned and looked at everyone. "Think before you judge." With that, she left the room and went to find Kurt. She ran all around before stopping when she saw Kurt in the middle of the gym, back to the door, lying on the floor.

"Kurt?" She said. Despite calling out, he still flinched but turned his head as the blonde walked into the gym. He sat up and she sat down. "It was here. All of it. The abuse, the beatings, her death. In a few weeks, it'll be turned into the "most amazing night of everyone's life" and for me and Blaine, if we go, it'll-"

"-just be a reminder that they were in pain while we were in here having fun. We'll be buzzkills and even if we accepted what happened and moved on, I don't think-" Blaine explained.

"-that I'm ready for that kind of step right now. It's just too much." Kurt was hugging his knees while Quinn was looking at him. "I wouldn't want to ruin the night for anyone, for you. Prom is important to you." "And you. When will anyone like you get to do what normal couples do for a night? Prom is not only important to me, it's important to you. I have a dozen crowns in my dresser and have been called Queen over and over but you...yours is embedded in your hair." Kurt blushed and Quinn brushed a piece back. "I understand. I'm sure I'm the only one in Glee Club who fully understands what it's like to carry a child and deliver it. Not to mention how to bounce back." Kurt scoffed and smiled. "Exercise, healthy eating, etc." Quinn smiled and took his hand. "I understand not wanting to party but I promise that you are going to be missing out. I know it. I thought about not going because I was concerned I would be living a lie but it wasn't. I had the most fun ever. Look, how about you just test it? Come and just take one step in. If you still hate it and feel unsafe, then you and Blaine can go and none of us will stop-" "-you. Sound fair?" Rachel said, taking Blaine's hand. He smiled and looked at everyone. "Plus if anyone messes with my favorite gays, I don't mind breaking a few noses." Santana smirked. "Thank you." Blaine said. "Thank you." Kurt said, hugging Quinn. She hugged him back and smiled. "We can't have one less diva at prom and funny enough, I think I just thought of a song for prom. Care to sing it with me?" She stood up and helped him, the pair leaving the gym and worries behind.

(Kurt and Quinn)
That's my girl

(Kurt:)
Who's been working so damn hard
You got that head on overload?
Got yourself this flawless body
Aching now from head to toe
(Quinn:)
Ain't nothing, ain't nothing
All my ladies 'round the world
Ain't nothing, ain't nothing
Good girls better get bad

Kurt and Quinn began making their way back from the gym, arm in arm. They each took their diva walk down the hall as they put up posters for Prom King and Queen. It would be risky and weird but who wouldn't want a diva pair as prom royalty instead of the status quo?

(Kurt and Quinn:)
You've been down before
You've been hurt before
You got up before
You'll be good to go, good to go
Destiny said it, you got to get up and get it
(Kurt)
Get mad independent and don't you ever forget it
Got some dirt on your shoulder
Then let me brush it off for ya
If you're feeling me, put your five high
That's my girl

The pair stared at the areas they covered before giving each other a high five and strutted back to the choir room. They continued the song from there and pulled Santana and Brittany in. The others watched with a smile or a laugh.

(Kurt, Quinn, Santana and Brittany:)
That's my girl
That's my girl
That's my girl
(Brittany:)
(Get up, what you waiting for?)
That's my girl
That's my girl
That's my girl
(My girl)

(Santana:)
Nod if you been played by every boo just trying to show you off
Thought he was the best you ever had
(Santana and Quinn:)
until he cut you off
(Kurt:)
Ain't nothing, ain't nothing
Bet, you bet, you know your worth
Ain't nothing, ain't nothing
Good girls better get bad

(Kurt, Quinn, Santana and Brittany:)
You've been down before
You've been hurt before
You got up before
You'll be good to go, good to go
Destiny said it, you got to get up and get it
Get mad independent and don't you ever forget it
Got some dirt on your shoulder
Then let me brush it off for ya
If you're feeling me, put your five high
That's my girl

The four divas danced as the band played. They pulled each of the girls still sitting into the dance. They picked it up quick and Kurt winked at Blaine who couldn't stop smiling at him.

(All girls and Kurt:)
That's my girl
That's my girl
That's my girl
(Kurt:)
(What you wait, what you wait, what you waiting for?)
(All girls and Kurt:)
That's my girl
That's my girl
That's my girl

You've been down before
You've been hurt before
You got up before
You'll be good to go, good to go
Destiny said it, you got to get up and get it
Get mad independent and don't you ever forget it
Got some dirt on your shoulder
Let me brush it off for ya
If you're feeling me, put your five high
That's my girl

That's my girl
That's my girl
That's my girl
(Santana:)
(What you wait, what you wait
What you waiting for?)
That's my girl
That's my girl
That's my girl
(That's my girl, that's my girl, that's my girl)

(Kurt and Quinn:)
Ain't nothing, ain't nothing, ain't nothing
Put your heart and your soul in it
Ain't nothing, ain't nothing, ain't nothing
Put your heart and your soul in it

(Santana:)
That's my girl
(Brittany:)
That's my girl
(Quinn:)
That's my girl
(Tina:)
That's my girl
(Mercedes:)
That's my girl
(Rachel:)
That's my girl

(Kurt:)
(That's my girl)

The now seven divas linked arms and began strutting with each beat towards the boys before plopping in the seven chairs they had set up, facing them and smirked, as they simply waited for the music to play out before they whooped and cheered. They surrounded Kurt in a hug while the boys and Mr. Schue cheered them on. "Now that is a song!! That's what I'm talking about!" He high fived each girl and Kurt before laughing as the seven put the chairs back, accepting high fives from their friends or significant others. Blaine leaned over once Kurt sat down and kissed him full on the lips. When he pulled back, Kurt was shell shocked but happy. He began to melt and took his husband's hand. When glee was over, Kurt and Blaine walked out together and that's when Blaine saw the poster with Kurt and Quinn on it. "What do you think?" Kurt asked. "It was Quinn's idea. We figured we'd break the status quo and run as a diva pair and she thinks it might help me." "She's not wrong." A voice behind them made the couple turn to see a Cheerio. She hugged Kurt. "Hey Tania." The Cheerio, Tania, hugged Kurt back and smiled. "Hummel. We're missing you at the sleepovers but your makeover tips are not forgotten. About prom, you and Fabray got my vote and the rest of the team." She nodded her head and Kurt looked to see the rest of the Cheerios waving at him. He gaped as they already had buttons made up and were wearing them proudly. Kurt hugged Tania again and smiled. "Thank you." "Anything for change, am I right? You better come to a sleepover some time or else we'll get you. Cara needs a wardrobe change." "Sounds serious. I'll check my schedule." The Cheerio smiled and headed back for the team while Kurt sighed happily, walking away hand in hand with Blaine to their lockers. They chatted until one of the hockey jocks came near them with two slushies but couldn't throw them because three Cheerios had slid in front of the couple, glaring at the jocks. "Hey, did you hear Principal Sylvester? These two and the glee club are off limits. Plus, you're not supposed to have those on school property." Sue slid up behind the jocks and placed her hands on their shoulders, whispering. "That's right. You either drink them or throw them on a student and get benched for an entire season, ruining your chance of ever playing professionally." The two jocks looked at what they were up against and tossed the drinks in the trash before walking away. "Wow, you really enforced that." "Well you're campaigning with my head Cheerio and you and Cary Grant over here are my least irritating member of the Glee Club so consider a pass for me. Good luck with prom." She walked away and so did the Cheerios with a smile and wave.

"You know, I think I just might get used to this. Come on, let's go get our son before he thinks we forgot him." Blaine said, picking up his bag. Kurt closed their lockers and smiled, taking his hand. They walked out to their car and got in, Kurt driving to the daycare in time for Lucas' performance. The kids had been working on a few songs and wanted to perform it for their parents. Kurt and Blaine walked in and made it to the room, getting two good seats while they waited. "Can you imagine us just doing this years from now when he grows up? Going to his shows." Kurt said. "Everyday." Blaine said. The curtain opened and Lydia came out, explaining. Soon the show started and when Lucas saw his parents, he waved and they waved back. They were doing Moana's We know the way so while the girls had flower crowns and dresses, the boys had "tattoos" and grass skirts. They came in by rows and Lucas was right in the front row. Blaine raised the camera he brought and smiled along with Kurt as the music started and the lights dimmed. The girls sat while the boys circled around making noises. Then they spread out and began to move as the girls joined them. Kurt smiled as Lucas paid attention and moved with ease, the biggest smile on his face as he was apparently the male lead and led his peers "across the ocean" and back from an island. The lights faded as Lydia told the quick story of Lucas' character and disappeared again as the music started up again and Lucas and all the children sprang to life, dancing even down the small stairs and through the aisle.

He only broke once to wave again before leading his "people" back across the ocean and with a high jump and a roar from everyone, flowers came from their hands and landed in the crowd as the music died down and the crowd of parents and grandparents cheered. Kurt and Blaine stood, cheering their son on who took a bow and led everyone backstage as Lydia directed. After the show, the kids would come out of the classroom with their normal clothes on and when Lucas saw his parents, he ran over and squealed. "Daddy!" Blaine smiled. "Hey! You were so good!" Blaine kneeled down and lifted Lucas up. "We're so proud of you bear!" Kurt pecked his cheek and Lucas laughed, hiding his face before squeaking when Kurt kissed his nose. The couple laughed and hugged Lucas tight. "You were the perfect leader, bear." Kurt looked at Lucas once he was in his arms and smiled at the tiny bear claw tattoo on his cheek. Some parents came over and congratulated Lucas on a good job and the boy just blushed and said thank you until they finally left for home. Kurt looked back and Lucas was knocked out asleep in his car seat. Blaine parked in the garage and Kurt got out, quietly closing the door as he opened the back one and grabbed his bag, Lucas's backpack and unsnapped him, lifting him up into his arms. Lucas whined softly before going back to sleep with the cutest pout on his face. They walked in through the side door and dropped their keys in the bowl. Blaine set up the alarm after he disarmed it so they could get in and shut the door. He turned on the lights so Kurt could see his way to the stairs and walked up them to Lucas's nursery. He slipped off his shoes and socks before laying him down and covered him up. Kurt kissed his hair before leaving the room and turning out the light.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 1.8K 45
Their friends.. well sorta, they never really got along, and don't seem to understand why all their friends want them to get together. But when they...
135K 5.7K 24
it's only pretend until someone gets hurt. © ava 2018-2019
62.6K 2.1K 11
A klaine story were McKinley student Kurt Hummel meets Pop star Blaine Anderson
83.9K 2.6K 24
Can Kurt leave his tragic past behind him in order to make new friends, and perhaps new love? TW // suicide mentions and descriptions