Twilight Preferences (Volturi...

By insearchofthemuses

Hey! I'll be doing Twilight Preferences for the Volturi only. Disclaimer: I don't own Twilight. It belongs to... More

Preferences ↴
I. How You Meet
II. Your Power
III. How You Kiss
IV. How You Hug
V. Their Thoughts When They First See You
VI. Your Enemy and Why
VII. Family Member That's Happy
VIII. They Ask You Out
IX. The Morning After
X. On Your Period
XI. First Date
XII. They Tell You What They Are (Part 1)
XIII. If You Read "The Fault In Our Stars"
XIV. They Tell You What They Are Pt. 2
XV. First Kiss
XVI. What They Smell Like
XVII. They're Jealous
XVIII. The Little Things
XIX. First "I Love You"
XX. They're Insecure (Part 1)
XXI. How They Flirt
XXII. Romantic Quote
XXIII. You're Sick
XXIV. What They Love About You (Physical)
XXV. When You're Sad
XXVI. When They're Angry At You
Fight One-Shots
They Act Like A Pervert
Their Favorite Quote
They're Insecure Pt. 2
Fools-Troye Sivan
Can't Remember To Forget You-Shakira ft. Rhianna
Tell Him-Celine Dion, Barbra Streisand
As Time Goes By-Harry Nilsson
Dating Them Would Include
What You Hate About Them
What You Love About Them
Into You-Ariana Grande
Crystal Ball-P!nk {Requested}
Say You Won't Let Go-James Arthur
Another Cinderella Story-Just That Girl
You Sang To Me-Marc Anthony
In My Mind-Maty Noyes
You Hurt Him (Verbally) Pt.1
You Hurt Them (Verbally) Pt.2
Imagine Songfic Rockabye-Clean Bandit Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
A/N 20k Special!
I hate u, i love u-Gnash Ft. Oliver O' Brien
Imagine Songfic Thief-Ansel Elgort
You Meet Your Celebrity Crush
They Cheat Pt.1
How You Both Feel After The Break-Up
They Cheat Pt.2
How You Sleep
Don't Leave-Snakehips & MØ
How Would You Feel-Ed Sheeran
How You Feel After The Break-Up
Hey There Delilah-Plain White T's
Make Up
Zedd & Alessia Cara-Stay
Zayn ft. Taylor Swift-I Don't Wanna Live Forever
Jon Bellion-All Time Low
Your Secret
Little Do You Know {Requested}
Ed Sheeran-Thinking Out Loud {Requested}
How They Comfort You After A Nightmare {Requested}
Rixton-Me and My Broken Heart
You Try To Leave {Requested}
Rather Be-Clean Bandit
You Cuddle Together {Requested}
You Surprise Them With A Kitten {Requested}
Q & A
Q & A
How They Would Comfort You {Requested}
They Propose {Requested}
You Get Caught {Requested}
Oneshots ↴
Caius Imagine
Jane Oneshot {Requested}
Caius Imagine {Requested}
You x Alec x Demetri {Requested}
Imagine {Requested}
Aro x Y/N Imagine {Requested}
A/N: REALLY IMPORTANT
A/N: Rewrite?

You Break Up

11.7K 208 94
By insearchofthemuses

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Jesus Christ, Jane.

VOCABULARY:

Y/D/C/: Your dream college

Y/D/C/L: Your dream college location

 ♚  ♚ ♚

ARO VOLTURI:

You understood Aro was overprotective, partly because of what happened to his sister and partly because he didn't want to see you hurt. He would do anything to keep you safe; you knew that. But he crossed a line when you were forbidden from visiting your friends, the Cullen. Just because you were a Volturi didn't mean you couldn't be a Cullen, as well.

You stuffed your things into a suitcase, a smile growing on your face as you imagined seeing the Cullens again. Carlisle was tutoring you in science and medicine—things you were not so good at—and you wanted to stay with him for a week. He was planning to give you hands-on training and a couple books before sending you back to the Volturi. Maybe you could bridge the divide between the two clans. Unlikely, but a fool could dream.

"Where are you going?" Aro's voice shook you out of your thoughts.

"To the Cullens." You eyed him, knowing the conversation ahead of you would anger him. But he had to accept your departure, as a good mate and boyfriend would do.

"Why?" His insistent questioning made you grit your teeth as you fought the urge to roll your eyes, knowing that would annoy him.

"Because." Your short tone betrayed your frustration and it made Aro finally pay attention.

"Y/N. Answer me."

"Carlisle is teaching me about medicine. I'm studying to become a doctor! Happy, Aro?" You quit packing and instead turned around to face him, letting out your anger. "Can I go now, or do I need your permission, Master?"

"I forbid you to go! Who knows what those Cullens are planning to do?" He ran his hands through his hair as his voice rose. "Kidnap and murder you, most likely!"

"Watch your tone—"

"Watch my tone?" Aro's voice was almost a bellow. "You should watch yours. I'm doing this for your own good—"

"I am not a maiden in need of defending; I am grown!" You slammed your fists against a table as you glared, anger burning inside of you, like a flame, fueling you to do . . . something! "And you will let me do this, so help me God!"

Aro sneered at you, too stubborn to back down. "Or what, Y/N? Hmm? I doubt you can leave me, after all I've provided you with: a house—no, not even a house, a castle—money, power, and respect. Where else can you get that?"

You sighed, weariness filling your bones. You were done with this conversation. "Aro, if you think you can somehow bribe me to stay with you, then you are mistaken. I'm done. We're done." You resumed packing; this time, not for a week's stay but for months, taking all your things.

Complete silence filled the room, so thick it almost tempted you to say something. But you kept quiet and headed for the door, a bag hanging on your back.

"Where are you going? And what do you mean we're done?" Aro's confused, almost child-like tone hit you, stopping you in your tracks.

You bit your lip and without turning back, said, "It means we're over. Breaking up. Goodbye, Aro."

MARCUS VOLTURI:

A gasp, followed by a sucked breath, woke you up from your slumber. You jolted up, searching your surroundings for the noise. What was it?

"It's only me, Y/N. Relax." The voice you recognize as Marcus calmed you down. Soft hands pushed you back onto the bed.

"Oh. How come you were surprised?" You gave him a crooked smile. "Was it my attractiveness?"

"Yes, actually." He smiled.

"Really?" You were about to beam but was cut off by his sentence.

"For a second, you looked like Didyme."

You buried and locked up the disappointment into a place where no one could reach it. But you wondered: was Marcus ever going to let go of his past wife?

♚♚♚

You picked up a book, ruffled through it, and put it back on the shelf.

"You remind me of Didyme." Marcus stared at you. "She always did that."

You bit your lip. Marcus kept telling you this and it seemed like he was comparing you to someone you could never be. You weren't his past wife; you were another person.

"Marcus, we should break up." Your voice was barely above a whisper.

"No; why?" His panicked tone made you close your eyes and sigh.

"You're comparing Didyme and me, and I can't be her. Your heart belongs to her, not me. Goodbye, Marcus. It's for the best."

CAIUS VOLTURI:

You were enjoying the company of Demetri and Felix. Everyone was laughing and making jokes. Caius was absent, as usual, because of his endless meetings and work. You understood, of course, but you had to fill your free time with something. Caius was usually missing when you came home, but you didn't care. You were used to it.

Everything was going well until out of the corner of your eye, you spotted a lone Volturi guard watching you. He thought he was being secretive but Caius taught you how to be aware of prying eyes.

"Demetri. Felix." You let out a fake laugh, alerting them to danger. "Someone's watching us."

Demetri threw his head back and chuckled, searching for them in his peripheral vision. "Where?"

"To your left. Right behind Felix."

Felix leaned back in his chair, his posture relaxed, not alerting the guard. "Should I . . ?"

"Not yet." You took another sip of your drink. "I want to see what he does."

For another minute, the three of you observed the guard. He sat there, reading his newspaper—or pretending to.

"He's not doing anything," Demetri said.

"I know." Your eyes flickered to the guard one too many times and he caught your gaze. His eyes widened as he realized you, Demetri, and Felix were staring at him.

"Now, Felix."

Upon your command, Felix bolted out of his chair and charged toward the guard, you and Demetri walking behind him. Felix grasped the guard's neck, only stopped by your voice. "We need to find out what he's here for."

"Speak." Felix shook the guard, a snarl on his face. "Now."

In no time, the guard spilled his secrets. "I-I was sent by M-Master Caius to spy on Mistress/Master Y/N."

"Why?" You stepped forward.

"M-Master Caius was suspicious about Mistress/Master Y/N. Nothing they did upset him, however, he felt the need to watch them."

Felix met your gaze, silently asking what do with the guard. Demetri put a calming hand on your shoulder.

"Do what you want. I have to have words with that idiotic mate of mine."

♚♚♚

You stormed into the throne room, ready to scold Caius. "Caius, explain yourself! What is the meaning of this?" You pointed at the spy who was following you with his head down.

Aro and Marcus excused themselves, sensing a fight. They gave you worried glances but you ignored them.

"What, Y/N?" he hissed, leaning forward on his throne. "I'm busy."

"This spy has been following me around; under your orders!"

"I didn't know what you were doing, so I sent him to follow you." Caius nodded to the spy.

"Leave," you hissed at the guard.

He immediately bolted out of the room, almost tripping in his haste to get away, leaving you and Caius alone.

"What the hell, Caius? I am not someone you can control, like the guards." You paced the floor.

"Excuse me? I am one of the Volturi kings—"

"Oh, you can shove your kingship up your ass." You turned to glare at Caius. "I am not a weak woman/man/person you can control. You want a trophy wife/husband/partner with no brains and that is not me. We're over."

JANE VOLTURI:

You stood up when Jane entered the room, a smile growing on your face. However, it faded when she didn't smile like she usually did. A cold smirk grew on her face, something that chilled you to the bone.

"J-Jane?" Your voice trembled, and you cursed yourself for showing weakness—a weakness Jane might pounce on.

"Aww. Are you scared of me, Y/N?" Like you expected, she caught your mistake.

She circled around you like a predator pouncing on its prey. Your legs were shaking and you took several steps back, keeping a wide berth between the two of you.

"A-are you okay?"

You only saw this side of Jane the first time you met her, when she was still closed off and wary of everybody.

"So kind and trusting . . . desperate for love. That's why you latched onto me; aren't I right? Well, here's the truth: I never cared about you." Venom entered her tone as she gave you a crazed smile.

"Jane, please. What're you talking about? Did I do something wrong? We can talk about it—"

"No! I don't want to talk"—here Jane seemed to unravel, clutching her hair—"We're done talking. Don't you know, Y/N? I'm a monster. And monsters hurt and kill people."

"I don't understand." Your brow furrowed.

"Let me put it in simpler words: we're done, Y/N. Get out of my room and out of my life."

ALEC VOLTURI:

You paced Alec's bedroom, glancing up at the clock every now and then. The minute hand ticked by, reminding you of how minutes Alec was late for your date. This wasn't the first time, either—more like the fifth time. You understood why, of course. The business with the new-borns and the Cullens weighed on everybody but couldn't your boyfriend and mate make time for you? You were only asking for an hour, tops.

Alec finally entered the room. You perked up, having the chance to talk to him. "Alec—"

"Y/N, not now. I'm busy." He pushed past you, only stopping to get some clothes. "I'll see you later. Maybe."

"Hey—"

"Not now!" he snapped, turning to glare at you.

"Alec Volturi, listen to me right now!"

He sighed as if you were an annoying bug. "What?"

"Don't give me that. You've never been spending time with me! You're off somewhere all the time! You've missed five dates. Five. Don't you care about me?"

"Are you stupid?" He groaned. "Master Aro has been running me ragged and all this Cullen business"—he waved his hand—"I hardly have time for myself, let alone you."

"Can't you at least try?"

"Why are you so clingy?" Alec's jaw clenched as he folded his arms across his chest.

"Clingy?" you shrieked.

His eyes widened when he realized what he said. "I didn't mean that; I swear."

"You know what? We're over. Try finding yourself a less clingy girlfriend."

DEMETRI VOLTURI:

You watched as Demetri paced back and forth and jumped up and down, barely able to contain his excitement. It was a feeding and you were allowed to watch, this one time, as long as you controlled your self and guards were around you.

The humans entered the throne room and were greeted by low growls and Aro saying, "Welcome. We are the Volturi"—he inclined his hands—"and you are our dinner." With that, the vampires pounced, starving for their meal.

You watched, transfixed, as blood was spilled, dirtying the floor and the Volturi's clothes. They didn't seem to care, forgetting everything except the sweet blood source in front of them.

Demetri, you noticed, was in a drinking frenzy. His usual red eyes were a pitch black—blacker than the midnight sky. He turned to you, his eyes intense—almost insane—as he focused on your vulnerable neck where your veins showed. You were an easy feeding source and Demetri seemed to recognize that.

He rushed to you, trapping you against the cold, stone wall. Your gaze whipped from side to side, looking for your guards but they were busy feeding. Demetri smirked, showing his glistening fangs.

"Demetri, stop." You tried to push him away but he was too strong.

"Now, now; don't move," he crooned, lowering his head to your neck. "It'll only hurt more."

As his fangs opened up your skin, you screamed, shattering Demetri from his trance. "Oh, fuck. I-shit, Y/N, I'm sorry. God." He seemed to noticed what he did and backed away, wiping his mouth where blood—your blood—was. "I-I need to go."

"Demetri . . ." You reached out to him but faltered, afraid he would hurt you.

He seemed to sense this and stumbled back. "I-you should stay away." He swallowed. "Please. You'll be safer." And with that, Demetri rushed away, leaving you behind.

FELIX VOLTURI:

You stared at the envelope that had Y/D/C's seal on it. Inside was a letter that would change your life. You would know if Y/D/C accepted or denied you.

Your hands trembled as you opened the letter and you almost gave yourself a paper-cut. When you saw a paper, you dropped the envelope and took multiple deep breathes.

C'mon, Y/N, you thought, you can do this.

"Well?" Felix snuck up on you, almost giving you a heart attack. "Did you open it?"

"Almost." Gathering all your courage, you snatched the letter and scanned it, the words blending into a mess of letters. You slowed down and read:

Dear Y/N Y/L/N,

You have been accepted into Y/D/C . . .

You stopped reading after the words "You have been accepted into Y/D/C". A smile growing on your face, you stared at the phrase, unable to comprehend your victory as sheer joy ran through your veins.

"What?" Felix's voice was a whisper which contrasted with your yell a second later.

"I got accepted into my dream college! Felix, can you believe it?"

"That's great!" He beamed and gathered you into his arms, spinning you around as you both laughed.

You sobered, understanding where it was located. "But it's all the way in Y/D/C/L."

"What's the probl—Oh." The realization hit Felix and he stared, gripping your hand. "You'll have to go? All the way over there?"

"Yes. I'm sorry. But please, understand, this is what I've worked so hard for."

"What about us? C-can we try long-distance?" Felix's heart sank as desperation tinged his voice.

"I can't. It'll be too difficult and I need to concentrate on my studies." You sighed. "We have to break up. It's the way it has to be."

♚♚♚

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thank you for 50K views! That's insane! I appreciate all the support. Also, after this edit, this chapter was much, much better—one of, if not the best—and I hope you enjoy it. It's 2K+ words. Wow.

QUESTION: Which break-up made you feel the saddest?

AUTHOR'S ANSWER: Felix's, most likely. It's tough to choose your dream career/school and your love.

Leave your answer down below!

Edited: 12/22/17-12/26/717

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.1K 1.1K 15
It has been 3 years since the Volturi confronted the Cullen's and their witnesses on the clearing and a lot has happened since then. Renesmee has not...
73K 2.7K 29
˗ˏˋ꒰ 🦋 ꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [(𝗇.) The Italian word for 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲.] ❝If time were governed by Eros, I would stay in your arms fore...
641K 21.5K 84
❛fight so dirty, but you love so sweet, talk so pretty, but your heart got teeth!❜ ☀︎︎ ☀︎︎ ☀︎︎ ━━━ 𝕽ebekah 𝕮ullen, the youngest of the Cu...
78.2K 2.2K 22
In which a lover of life comes to love death even more. Or in which Jovian Cullen finds the wait worth its while as soon as he catched sight of the...