You & I (the story)

By amoureux-des-livres-

It all started with one concert. Tabatha and her best friend Britt didn't know that one concert would change... More

Before you Start
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chpater 41
Chapter 42
N/A
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Not an Update!!
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue
NEW STORY

Chapter 70

88 4 3
By amoureux-des-livres-

Ok this is the last chapter!! I hope it's good. I really tried to make this perfect.

After working all week and getting up early, I had hoped to sleep in but that didn't happen. Harry had gotten up early and left to let me sleep. Next thing I know, he comes barging into the bedroom. "Babe, wake up. I made breakfast."

"I'll eat when I get up."

"No, you'll wake up now, so you can eat. Big day today."

"What are you going on about?" I rolled over to find him standing there with a tray. He made breakfast in bed.

"After you eat, we're getting dressed, something cute and warm, you're going to pack an overnight bag, and we're headed out."

"Headed where exactly?"

"See that's part of the surprise, so hurry and eat."

"Harry, I didn't want to do much today."

"Too bad." He smirked.

I gave in and ate. He made all my favorites, chocolate chip pancakes, ham, cheese, spinach, and mushroom omelet, bacon, and fruit. He also made me a cup of coffee. I got dressed in a long white skirt with a dark reddish velvet top. I pulled on long boots and quickly curled my hair.

I packed a bag, and we both got into his Range Rover headed somewhere. I watched the view as we drove, it finally hit me where we were going. "Harry, why are we going to Cheshire?"

"Don't worry about it."

"Part of the surprise?"

"You know it." He smiled.

"Fine." I got comfy and fell asleep.

I woke up to the sun in my eyes as we pulled into town. "Hey beautiful, perfect timing. We're almost to Mums."

"Explain to me why we're at your mom's."

"I can't, it's part of the surprise."

"You know I hate surprises."

"I know, but you'll love this one."

He pulled into the driveway, grabbed both our bags, and headed inside.

"There they are." Anne walked over with a smile on her face and gave me a hug as Harry went to put our bags in the room.

"Hi Anne. Maybe you can give me a hint as to why we're here."

"I'd love to dear, but I'm under strict orders to keep my mouth shut." She smiled.

Harry walked in and eyed us. "Mum are you being quiet?"

"I am."

"Good. Can I talk with you in the kitchen please?" She gave me another hug and walked to the kitchen. "Babe, have a seat. I'm going to talk with Mum then we'll go." He turned to the kitchen, where him and his mom whispered. Anne was smiling as Harry gave her a hug and kissed her cheek before walking back to me. "Okay, are you ready or do you need to grab something else?"

"Where are we going?"

"For a walk."

"You do realize it's winter, right?"

"Hence the reason why I said to dress warm."

"I guess I'm fine."

"Good, let's go then."

We stepped outside, and Harry took my hand as we started to walk. We were headed to the woods which led to the fields he brought me to during my first visit to Holmes Chapel. Every time we visit, we walk here. I shivered a bit, and Harry wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I told you to dress warm."

"I thought I was warm."

"We're almost there."

"Almost where, Harry? I–" We made it over a hill and a picnic set up in the middle of the field just like the first time. Only this time, there was candles all around the area.

I smiled and looked at Harry. "Is this the surprise?"

"Part of it." He pulled me over, and we sat down on the blanket. He took some little sandwiches, fruit, and desserts out of the basket before turning on a speaker. We sat there eating and looking at the scenery. The song changed to our song, 'Kiss Me' by Ed Sheeran and Harry stood up. "May I have this dance?" He smiled and gave me his hand to pull me up.

"You may."

I grabbed his hand, and Harry pulled me close. We swayed back and forth a bit before Harry said, "You know I love you, right?"

"I do."

"I remember, after you bumped into me at Starbucks, looking at you and thinking you were the most beautiful women I had ever seen. I kept thinking of ways to keep you there longer, so I could talk to you. Then you left me outside, and I almost went back inside to ask the barista if she knew you."

"That was my first time at the Starbucks, so it wouldn't have helped you."

"Then I remembered you said you were going to the show, so I going to get a disguise to come find you, but Paul and the lads told me it was pointless."

"Makes sense."

"Then you show up at the meet and greet, and at that moment, I knew you were meant to be mine."

"Weird how the universe works."

"When you came back that night, I knew you were special.

"I was so nervous that entire day. I was trying not to freak out being around you and the boys."

He smiled. "Then after I said I loved you the first time, I knew you would be the one I'd marry."

"Is that so?"

"Yep, but then I was stupid and made a stupid mistake and let you walk away. I thought I'd die. My heart was broken, and my days were empty without you."

"Same here. I only dated to get you off my mind, but it was impossible."

"Then you ended up with that fucker, and I knew he was bad for you, and when I realized what was happening, I wanted to kill him. If it wasn't for them pulling me off him that night, I would have." His jaw clenched a bit. I kissed his jaw and he relaxed a bit. "I was so scared we wouldn't get to you in time, and I'd be without you forever."

"I'd always be with you, but Harry you did get me in time. You saved my life."

"He still hurt you, and I still can't forgive myself for letting you go."

"Hey no, I'm here now and always will be."

"You mean that?"

"Of course. Why else have we been talking of a future together or move in with you?"

"Well in that case." He pulled away from me, took a big breath, and dropped to one knee.

"Oh my God." My hands went to my mouth. In that same moment, it started snowing.

"I knew from the beginning, I loved you, and I can't go a day without thinking about you. You are my past, present, and future. You have stolen my heart, and I would love nothing more than for you to steal my last name. Tabatha Marie, give me the greatest pleasure and answer this very important question. Will you marry me?" He pulled a box out of his coat pocket, opened it, and showed me the most beautiful ring I had ever seen.

I was smiling so big and yet tears were falling from my face. "Yes. Oh my god, yes! A thousand times, yes!" I started laughing and crying more.

Harry took the ring out and places it on my finger and kissed the ring.

He stood up with the biggest smile on his face and pulled me to him. His lips softly touched mine.

"I love you so much."

"I love you, beautiful." He wiped my tears. "How'd I do? Is the ring okay? The place and everything?"

"Oh God, it's perfect. Everything is perfect."

"The snow really helped me out here. That was not planned."

I laughed. "Truthfully, I thought you'd do it last week while we were on vacation."

"I thought about it, but I wanted it to be just us, and I didn't have the ring yet."

"Well it's perfect. What about my dad's permission though?"

"I got it. Remember that morning you found me with my guitar?"

I nodded.

"I asked permission while he was drinking his coffee. It wasn't much longer after you came out."

"What about all of this? The picnic, ring, all of it?"

"You being at work helped me a lot actually. That first day I brought you lunch, I had just stopped to design your ring. The next day, I picked it up and the rest was calls to Mum and the bakery to get the food."

"So, your mom was behind it?" I smiled.

"Yep, that's why she wasn't allowed to talk. She was so excited when I told her I was doing it."

"I love you. I love you so much." I kissed him again. "I'm going to be a Styles! We're getting married!" I screamed.

"We're getting married, and you're going to be Mrs. Styles. Nothing can make me happier than you do."

"Not even a number one solo album or a number one movie?"

"Nope."

"How about a Grammy or better yet an Oscar?"

"They'd be nice, but no. You and only you."

"I got one. How about kids?"

He smiled. "That might make me happier yes."

"I love you."

"I love you." He kissed me. "Come on. Let's head back to the house so my mum can finally let out her excitement."

We got back, and Anne started crying. "My baby boy is getting married." She came over and hugged us both.

Gemma had made her way there while we were gone. "Baby brother gets married before me. That's so wrong."

Harry joked back. "Well, if you weren't so weird you might find a guy."

"If you didn't scare them all away." She stuck her tongue out.

Robin and Des both were there too. They congratulated and hugged us. I of course showed off my ring. I guess he refused to show anyone until I had it on my finger.

We stayed the night then headed back to London the next morning. We had called everyone before we left and told them to come to the house. They were all there when we pulled in. We got them seated in the living room.

"Okay, we have news," Harry started.

"Shit, Tab isn't pregnant now, is she?" Louis asked.

"No, we're smarter than you." Harry laughed. Louis flipped him off. "Tab." Harry looked at me.

I stepped forward and smiled at everyone. "We're getting married!" I screamed and showed my ring.

"Omg god!" Britt yelled and jumped up and hugged me. "I'm your maid of honor, right?"

"Uh duh!"

"Let me see the ring."

I gave her my hand while the guys talked to Harry. Liam came over and gave me a hug as Britt held onto my hand. "Niall James you better get on the ball. This ring is amazing."

"Thanks a lot, you two. Now she'll be bugging me even more."

I told them all how he asked, and Britt teared up. She already had a time set so we could start talking about the wedding even though we had yet to even talk about a date. We finally got Britt, along with the others to leave.

Once they left, Harry and I looked at each other and smiled. We ran to the bedroom, and it was in that moment, I realized my life was complete. I had been through hell and back, yet I still got my happy ending.

OMG that's the last chapter.

What did you guys think? How was his proposal? Tell me what u think in the comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 399 12
*COMPLETE Meg's a sweet girl, with unknown texts from someone who thinks she's worthless she starts to self harm. When One Direction tickets come on...
311K 8.3K 54
(Completed.) Seeing Harry on stage is always an overwhelming experience. He becomes a new person, like he lives just to be in front of thousands peo...
1.3K 34 13
The overly cliche story of a superstar boy meeting a less-than average girl, with a little twist. Niall Horan meets the weirdest, spunkiest yet most...
2.8M 71.6K 33
[ COMPLETED ] Neither of them knew one night could change everything. ✼ ✼ ✼ For mature audiences only. Story contains sexual content and vulgar lang...