Not So Stereotypical (Glee: K...

By klaine_forever21

Blaine had everything. He was popular. He was on the football team. He could have any girl in the whole schoo... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Author's Note
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty

Chapter Thirty Eight

9.9K 176 229
By klaine_forever21

Not So Stereotypical
Chapter Thirty Eight: You'll Be My Valentine

Dear Grumpy Gills,
I am writing to check up on you. Do you remember me? It's the weird Nemo lover, Carly. I knew that'd jog your memory. Anyway, the purpose of this letter is to see if you've considered your option to come back. Like I said before, I'd be writing a letter to you at least once a month and oh look, February! New month.

Listen Anderson, you're a brilliant kid. You have an ability that a lot of others lack. And that is depth. You have a heart unlike most of the worthless pricks around here. Which I took an interest in.

You're one of the first people to look at me like I was someone normal. I have to thank you for that. I have to do everything in my power to make you consider getting your ass back here. Because this school needs someone like you.

I'm just hoping that you've given your scholarship a little more thought. I know you have your boyfriend but if he was out of the equation, if he was fine without you, you'd be here in a heartbeat, wouldn't you?

I'm going to be visiting Ohio next month, a few other kids out there have applied to U of C and we may give them a chance to come too. Just think about it Blaine. This is your dream. I hope to see you soon.

Carly

P.S. Happy Birthday.

"Whatcha got there?" Cooper asked, nudging Blaine as he walked in the kitchen.

"Nothing. Just some stupid junk mail." He lied through his teeth.

"You are such a bad liar." Cooper rolled his eyes. "What'd they say?"

"What'd who say?" Blaine asked.

"The university obviously." Cooper said.

"How did you-"

"You can't hide things from me Blaine. I've searched your room." Cooper said, pulling out a left over Chinese take out box from the fridge.

"You search my room?" Blaine asked, feeling so invaded.

"Once in a while." He nodded.

"Have you ever heard of a thing called I don't know, privacy!?" Blaine hissed.

"I'm just looking out for you." Cooper sighed.

"I need to move out." Blaine said.

"Yeah." Cooper laughed.

"Good thing I've been looking for apartments." Blaine said lightly, waiting to hear his brother's reaction.

"What?" He asked with a mouth full of food.

"Well I figured since no Senior lives with their brother when there kicked out of their own house that maybe I should-"

"Stop." Cooper said.

"What?" Blaine asked.

"You're not moving out. No way in hell." Cooper said.

"Excuse me?" Blaine asked in disbelief.

"You're not moving out. I am your guardian and I forbid you." Cooper said.

"Last time I checked, I was eighteen and very capable of making my own decisions." Blaine countered. "So yes, I can very well move out."

"You're eighteen." Cooper said breathlessly.

"Happy birthday to me." Blaine rolled his eyes and grabbed his back pack, heading for the door.

"Blaine." Cooper said before he could jerk the door open. He paused to look at his brother. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry that I forgot."

"You're not the only one." Blaine sighed and went to his car before he broken down in front of his older brother.

___________________________

When Blaine got to school he wanted to leave as soon as he was inside the building. Of course this school was all for Valentine's Day. Just like his last one.

One thing everyone didn't know about Blaine was that he hated Valentine's Day. He used to like it; actually, he used to think it was his favorite holiday. Being able to just tell someone you loved them. He liked that idea.

But he'd learned from his experiences. He liked a guy. He made a fool out of himself in public. He'd had it rough. He'd hated the day ever since.

The decorations all over the school were pissing him off. He just wanted to snap his fingers and everything would be normal. That's how he liked it. Normal.

As soon as he stepped in front of his locker, he tore down all the stupid heart decorations that the school put on practically every locker. What was their obsession with love?

He decided to shove all of his stuff in his locker and skip the first few classes of the day and just head to the auditorium to get some peace. He could do with a little time to not have to look at couples kissing left and right.

On his walk, the office speakers came on and decided all the decorations weren't enough and had to put on a playlist of love songs.

Blaine groaned, covered his ears, and almost sprinted to the auditorium. His safe haven. And thank god the office speakers did not go this far. He was in a blissful silence.

"Happy birthday Blaine." He sighed to himself tickling the keys of the piano.

That's another thing he hated. His birthday. The day that brought him into this world. This stupid messed up world. And to add to everything shitty in his life, no one really cared that he was eighteen.

His birthday had been something he'd hated ever since he could be trusted alone. Which was basically when he was four. No one cared that he was still a child. His parents left that to the nannies.

Not only was his birthday not cared about because his parents weren't "good" parents but it was also shadowed by Valentine's Day. His parents went out on little trips every year at this time and always missed his birthday anyway.

"Hey Blaine, are you awake?" His mother's voice called out from his door.

"Yeah." He sighed.

"You have school in twenty minutes. Are you getting out of bed?" She asked.

"No." He groaned. "I'd rather shoot myself."

"What's so bad about school? It's Valentine's Day today sweetheart. Things should be okay for one day." She said, coming in and sitting on his bed.

He was a fourteen year old boy. Now fifteen since his birthday was actually in the wee hours of the morning. He actually didn't sleep a wink. He stayed up, wished himself a happy birthday, and couldn't fall asleep after that. His mom didn't even realize his new change of age. Not that he was surprised, his parents hadn't remember his birthday since he was four.

"What about the day after that? And the one after that?" Blaine asked, mumbling through his pillow. "It's not going to get better mom."

"Maybe if you wore something more looser. Do any of the boys in your class wear bow ties and khakis?" She asked and of course he'd stayed silent. "They just want you to fit in."

"And to do that I have to change everything about myself?" He asked.

"At least get rid of the hair gel." She sighed.

"Stop." Blaine said. "Stop telling me how to rule my life. I'm fifteen years old. I can handle myself."

"You are fourteen and I am your mother. The person in charge of you." She said.

"I'm actually fifteen, since five o'clock this morning, thanks for making me feel like shit." He said, getting out of his bed and slammed the door to his bathroom.

When he came out, she got the hint that the conversation was over and she was gone.

"This is your life? Parents don't even realize your age? Don't even care about you? Fuck. Life does really suck. Happy fucking birthday Blaine Anderson." He said to himself in the mirror.

A couple months later he was attacked and transferred to Dalton. Life did really suck.

"A penny for your thoughts?" An angelic voice asked.

He snapped out of his day dream and looked at the person who asked the question. He knew it was Kurt. He'd recognize that voice anywhere.

"May cost you a little more." He countered.

"Are you okay? I watched you walk into school this morning and you looked pretty ticked when you ripped all those decorations off your locker." Kurt said.

"I'm just peachy." Blaine gave a sarcastic smile.

"Could I make your day any less shitty?" Kurt asked.

"It'd take a lot to make it even considered less than shitty." Blaine said. "But try me."

Kurt smiled a little and kissed his lips softly before retreating to his bag. He pulled out a square shaped box wrapped perfectly in wrapping paper that had "Happy Birthday!" scrawled over and over again.

"That's pretty excellently wrapped." Blaine commented.

"Yeah well." Kurt shrugged, handing it to him. "Open it."

"What if it's a bomb?" Blaine asked, jokingly.

"Maybe it is." Kurt shrugged.

"I guess I've had worse on my birthday." He shrugged back and started tearing away at the gift.

He smiled when he pulled out a pair of dog tags that where actually switched and had a metal guitar pick on the chain. He also pulled out a picture frame that contained and picture of him and Kurt cuddled up together at Christmas. The shot was probably taken by Carole who couldn't stop snapping a picture of anything since she'd gotten the new camera just the day before from Burt.

"So?" Kurt asked.

He just took Kurt in his arms and nuzzled his head in his neck.

"Thanks for being the only one who didn't forget about my birthday." He whispered, squeezing him impossibly closer.

"You're welcome." Kurt's said, heart cracking slightly at the confession.

"You seem surprised." Blaine commented, staring at his boyfriend's face.

"Just surprised you aren't more upset about this." Kurt admitted.

"My birthday has been something I've hated ever since I could remember. The only time I remember having a good birthday was the past two years at Dalton because my best friends found out about it so they threw me a big surprise party and I actually had a good time." Blaine said. "I'm not bummed at all."

"Well I have a perfect idea for today then." Kurt smiled.

"What?" Blaine asked.

"I am going to take you out to dinner without all the Valentine's Day crap that I know you hate and then we are going to hoard away in your bedroom and watch movies and stuff for the whole weekend." Kurt said.

"What's 'and stuff'?" Blaine smirked.

"Just stuff." Kurt laughed softly. "Get your mind out of the gutter for a little while."

"Okay." Blaine smiled back.

"It's nice seeing you smile." Kurt commented. "You have nothing to worry about anymore."

"I have life to worry about." He said. "But I think I have a great distraction."

"I'd gladly take that role." Kurt grinned.

"I love you." Blaine sighed while taking Kurt's hand.

"I love you too." Kurt said.

___________________________

Blaine went the rest of the day without a Happy Birthday from anyone but Kurt. Granted, he hadn't told anyone it was his birthday but he figured they'd ask.

At the moment, he was waiting outside the choir room. He was planning on not showing up. He was still deciding if he wanted to face the people he called his friends. So that's why he wasn't inside the room where he could without a doubt hear Rachel obnoxiously try to start the last song of the week.

"Hey Blaine! Didn't think you were going to show up." Sam smiled when he saw Blaine step through the frame of the door. He didn't walk in any farther than that though.

"Can I sing something?" Blaine asked.

"Actually Blaine, I was going to end this week." Rachel said. Not like she hadn't said this every week.

"Please." Blaine continued.

"Why don't we take a vote?" Mr. Shue asked. "All in favor for Rachel?"

Two people raised their hands. Counting Rachel.

"All in favor for Blaine?" He then asked.

Basically everyone else raised their hands so Mr. Shue motioned for Blaine to take the "stage".

He sat down on a stool and was handed a guitar and the band was ready to accompany him.

When I was younger
I told my mother
"I say, one day I'm gonna make you proud"

Now that I'm older
It's so much harder
To say those words out loud

You're growing taller
A little smarter
And one day you're gonna leave home
Oh, will you look like your mother's father
Oh, when you are fully grown?

Ooh ooh oh oh oh oho ho...

When I was younger, I asked my father
"Why are we so human?"
Now that I'm older
I think I figured it out
We're just doing what we can

Blaine was a lot like Rachel. He always showed his emotions when he sang. So yeah, this song made him cry. He was 100% not ashamed of that.

Plus everyone accompanying him was so beautiful it was hard not to be even more emotional. Most of the girls were crying. He was a very touching performer.

Oh ooh oh oh...

Because I won't
I won't let you down
I won't let you
I won't let you down, oh now
I won't, I won't let you down
I won't let you, I won't let you, I won't, I won't let you down

When I was younger, I told my mother
"I say, one day I'm gonna make you proud"

"Wow Blaine. That was very touching and heartfelt. Perfect for Valentine's Day actually." Mr. Shue said.

"It wasn't for Valentine's Day." Blaine said. "I don't celebrate it."

"You're not serious, right? You and Hummel are like the biggest love birds we've ever seen." Puck said.

"Do you know what that song was about Puckerman?" Blaine asked; Puck stared at him blankly. "It was about not being perfect. That not everyone is going to make their parents proud. It's not a fucking love song."

"Hey, why don't we get out of here? You can cool off for a while." Kurt said, as he got out of his seat and rushed to Blaine's defense.

"I'm sorry. I'm frustrated. You know that." Blaine sighed.

"I know." Kurt nodded and hugged him suddenly, feeling like he needed it.

Blaine just squeezed Kurt tighter and let a few silent tears drip down his face. He didn't care that everyone didn't know about his birthday. But it felt like they'd forgotten or didn't even care.

"Well, I was going to save this for later but I figured -since you look like shit- I could give it to you now." Santana said, pulling out something from her backpack.

"What's this?" Blaine asked, taking the envelope.

"A birthday present." Santana said like it was obvious. "You know, that thing people get you on your birthday?"

"How'd you know?" Blaine asked.

"Blaine, ever since you got to this school I made it my business to protect you. And with protecting comes knowing." Santana said. "You should feel special, I actually remembered someone's birthday without having to be reminded."

"It's Valentine's Day." Blaine said.

"Which is why I felt it was more important. Blaine being eighteen years old is pretty big. You're older than most of the kids in this school. Congratulations." Santana smiled.

Blaine smiled at her, not being able to put his love for the girl into words. He was grateful he had her as a best friend. He was grateful he had friends.

"And when my brother is in your business, I tend to know things too." Finn stood up. "Kurt had a big dinner planned for tonight. Our parents aren't the Valentine types either."

"And... I told a few people." Kurt said.

"I don't want anything special." Blaine suddenly said after being talked to for the past minute. "I just wanted to know someone cared."

"Someone does care, Blaine." Kurt said. "A lot of people care."

"You're not them though." Blaine whispered.

"Them?" Rachel asked, piping into the conversation.

Blaine stayed silent, looking down at the floor like it was the most interesting thing he'd ever seen.

"Your parents." Kurt nodded.

"Things should be different, shouldn't they?" Blaine asked, snapping his head up to look at Kurt. "They were finally trying."

"It's still your birthday Blaine." Sam said.

"I'll be glad when it's not." He said, walking out of the room with nothing else said.

___________________________

"Are you sleeping?" Kurt asked, laying next to the boy in his bed.

"No." Blaine whispered.

"Your mom called." Kurt said. "She said she'd like to see you."

"Why?" Blaine asked.

"I don't know." Kurt shrugged. "That's why I invited her over."

"What? No. Why would you do that?" Blaine asked.

"Because she's your mother. She cares about you." Kurt said.

"Thanks." Blaine sighed. "You made my birthday a little more tolerable today."

"What are you thanking me for exactly?" Kurt asked. "We haven't even had your birthday dinner."

"Putting together a dinner. That's what I'm thanking you for." Blaine said. "I don't get stuff like this on my birthday."

"What about last year?" Kurt asked.

"None of my friends at Dalton have called me Kurt." Blaine said. "Everyone forgets about the kid with the birthday on the most romantic day of the year."

"Everyday with you is the most romantic day of the year." Kurt said, kissing Blaine's hand. "Can I ask you something?"

"Do you have to even ask?" Blaine asked.

"It's kind of a touchy subject." Kurt said and Blaine just nodded. "What were you like when you were younger?"

"An idiot." Blaine laughed softly. "No, I... I don't know what I was like. I was the kid who slept with all his stuffed animals -who each had a name to be clear- and I wasn't normal. I was more mature for my age."

"I bet you were adorable." Kurt said.

"You were. I know that." Blaine laughed softly. "I've seen pictures and videos that your dad had stored away. You are a truly lovely person."

"Compliments? Wow. I must of made you really happy today." Kurt joked. Blaine gave him compliments way too much to be normal.

"You probably would of been my best friend." Blaine said. "Correction, only friend."

"That goes same for you." Kurt sighed. "Do you ever wish that we would of met sooner? Been through hell together?"

"Everyday." Blaine said. "It'd make life a shit load easier."

"I'm going to take you home tonight and stay for the weekend, is that alright?" Kurt asked.

"Yeah." Blaine nodded. "Sounds perfect."

"I never did ask you, what you actually wanted for your birthday. I just got you something." Kurt said.

"Birthday sex." Blaine smirked. "That counts, right?"

"Yeah." Kurt rolled his eyes and laughed when Blaine rolled on top of him and kissed his neck.

Kurt reached up for Blaine's belt. Tugging him impossibly closer. Their lips met again. And then sloppily their mouths opened up and tongues and teeth clattered together.

"This has to be fast, people are coming soon." Kurt panted.

"I don't want to rush it." Blaine said, sitting up slightly.

"Isn't birthday sex usually rushed and gross and sweaty?" Kurt asked.

"Not the kind I want." Blaine smiled, stroking Kurt's cheek. "We can wait till later, when I can properly make love to you."

"You know, with everything going on lately we haven't really been into this part of our relationship which is one of the best parts." Kurt said.

"What you're trying to say is I've been such a push over with dealing with my family and nationals and life, that we haven't had rough, hot, crazy sex in weeks." Blaine laughed softly.

"Well I didn't put it like that." Kurt said.

"But it's exactly what you were thinking." Blaine said.

"Shut up." Kurt sighed. "I haven't seen you naked in a very long time, okay? And I'm starting to forget what you look like."

"Can I make it up to you?" Blaine asked. "We could go take a bath before everyone gets here. It'll put both of us at peace."

"I'd like that." Kurt smiled and kissed Blaine softly.

"I'll meet you in there, I want to go do something real quick." Blaine said and walked down the stairs.

"Hey birthday boy, how's it going?" Burt asked, as soon as he stepped into the kitchen.

"Can I ask you something?" Blaine asked.

"Sure kiddo." Burt nodded.

"If I were to ask Kurt to... Move in with me, what would your answer be to that?" Blaine asked.

"I want to know why you're asking first." Burt said.

"I've been searching for apartments. I feel like I've been too much of a bother to my brother. Actually, I've been saving up since I started working for you and I thought it'd be a good time to move on. Finally try and do something on my own." Blaine said. "And I'm not asking full permission to have Kurt move all his thing there. It'll most likely be a one room apartment. I just wanted to know if you'd let Kurt come and stay whenever he wanted to. I'm doing this mostly because he came up with the idea."

"Sit down." Burt motioned and they both sat down together. "I think you're a great guy Blaine. But I'm a little worried for Kurt. You are his first boyfriend. I just don't want him to get his heart broken."

"He's my first boyfriend too." Blaine said. "I wouldn't be asking if I wasn't totally sure about us."

"I'll give you my blessing." Burt said.

"Could you keep this a secret between us? I don't want Kurt to know until I find the perfect one. I'm still searching. I know it's out there. I just have to look a little more." Blaine said.

"I'm confident that you'll find it." Burt smiled slightly. "I hope I can trust you not to hurt him though."

"It'd never be intentional if I did." Blaine said.

"Okay." Burt nodded. "I'll let you get back to Kurt. I'm sure he's probably waiting for you."

"Yeah, yeah he probably is." Blaine nodded and headed back upstairs and locked the door to Kurt's room and pulled his shirt and jeans off before stepping into the bathroom where Kurt was undressed in the bath tub with his eyes closed.

"What took you so long?" Kurt asked.

"Talked to your dad about something." Blaine shrugged.

"Will I get to know about this something?" Kurt asked.

"Later maybe." Blaine nodded, joining Kurt inside the tub.

He sat down Kurt slid over to sit on top of him and rested his head against the older boy's shoulder. Blaine took Kurt's hand and intertwined them tightly together.

"Are you okay?" Kurt whispered.

"Yeah." Blaine nodded. "I'm just ready for today to be over."

"I'm talking about generally." Kurt said.

"I don't know." Blaine admitted. "I mean, there's three months of school left and we have final exams, NYADA auditions, nationals, graduation, and-"

Blaine's voice was muffled by Kurt sliding their lips together. He only kissed like that in bed and when Blaine was rambling and he needed to shut up.

"Like you said. We have three months." Kurt said. "All that isn't till the end of the school year. Right now, we have time."

"Time for what?" Blaine asked.

"Time to fall in love with each other over and over again." Kurt said.

"Well that's not going to happen." Blaine said.

"Why?" Kurt asked.

"Because I fell and... There's no way I'm getting back up." Blaine smiled.

"You're so cheesy." Kurt rolled his eyes.

"Says the person who brought up the 'falling over and over' scenario." Blaine laughed.

"Hey! I was trying to be sweet." Kurt splashed some water at him.

"You are sweet." Blaine smiled softly.

"Thanks." Kurt smiled back.

"We should probably get out, get dressed, you know, the normal things teenagers never want to do." Blaine whispered, next to his ear.

"Yeah." Kurt sighed happily. "We'll be at your apartment soon. Cooper's not going to be there, is he?"

"Not planning on it. He'll probably be at Allison's considering what happened this morning." Blaine said, getting up and grabbing towels for both him and Kurt.

"What happened this morning?" Kurt asked.

"We got in a fight and he forgot my birthday." Blaine shrugged. "The usual brotherly bonding."

"Blaine, why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

"It's not important." Blaine said, as he tied his towel around his waist and put his hands on Kurt's shoulders. "What matters is that you planned a dinner for me and we have to be downstairs soon."

"Okay. You're right." Kurt nodded. "What are you wearing?"

"Do I have to dress up?" Blaine asked.

"Blaine it's a causal dinner. I'm not going to make you get dressed up." Kurt rolled his eyes.

___________________________

"Hey Blaine, you want to get that?" Burt asked, as soon as he heard the doorbell.

He nodded, getting up from his seat surrounded by some of the best people in his life. Santana and Sam. Kurt of course. Burt, Carole, Finn, and Rachel. A few of the other Glee club members. It was a nice dinner. Perfect actually might fit better.

He rushed to the door to stop the consistent knocking. Who was so persistent to get in the house?

And when he opened the door, he was actually more shocked than usual. His mother actually showed up after the invitation from Kurt.

"Hi sweetheart." She smiled.

"Mom." Blaine said, not being able to hide the shock on his face. "I didn't think you'd come."

"I'm sorry I'm a little late. I was just getting done visiting your father. He doesn't get many hours to himself." She said.

"H-how is he?" Blaine asked.

"Better. A lot better actually. He's really trying Blaine." She said.

"Kurt said you wanted to talk to me." Blaine said. "Sorry I missed your call."

"Yeah. I would of much rather of done this earlier with your father over the phone but, happy birthday." She said, pulling out a wrapped box from her purse. "I'd like it if we could have dinner together some time soon, just the two of us. Or if that seems too forward we can just sit and talk."

"Mom," Blaine started, but before he could get anything else out he wrapped his arms tightly around her slender body. "I love you. And you don't have to worry about getting rejected by me."

"Blaine, I've done some terrible things to you in the past. Hell, this is the first time I remembered your birthday on the exact date since you were four." She said. "The point is, I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to give up on me."

"I'm not one to give up. Especially on people I care about." Blaine said. "I'd love to have dinner with you. Anytime. I'm your son, I have time for you."

"Okay." She smiled softly. "And I'm sure Cooper will be extra nice to you today."

"Uh, he kind of... Forgot." Blaine gulped. "And we had a fight."

"He forgot your birthday? He never forgets." She said, confused.

"He has other things to deal with. I shouldn't of been so harsh with him." Blaine admitted.

"I'm really sorry Blaine. We're taking baby steps. But at least we're trying." She said.

He nodded. "Did dad ever tell you about... His affair?" Blaine asked quietly.

"It was one of the reasons we decided he needed rehab." She said. "I know I may seem like horrible person for staying with him but, I love him and I believe he'll get better."

"I understand mom." Blaine nodded. "I don't blame you."

"That's all I ask." She said.

"Do you want to stay for a while?" He asked.

"I don't want to intrude." She said.

"You won't be. I want you here." Blaine smiled and brought her in to meet his friends and boyfriend's parents.

___________________________

"Thanks for the dinner." Blaine said, closing the door to his apartment behind Kurt. "It was really nice."

"It wasn't a big deal. I wanted to do something special for you." Kurt smiled, watching Blaine set his keys down on the coffee table in the living room.

"Well it was a big deal to me." Blaine said. "I really appreciated it."

"Is everything okay? You're thanking me but you still seem like it's not the most important thing on your mind." Kurt said.

"Yeah." Blaine nodded. "No, yeah. I'm okay. I was just waiting for something."

"What?" Kurt asked.

"A call. A text. A message. Something that showed me he's trying." Blaine said. "I guess I expected too much too soon."

"He's in rehab Blaine. That's a sign of trying." Kurt sighed.

"Did you know I'm not the only reason he's there?" Blaine asked.

"What do you mean?" Kurt asked.

"I mean, he has a drinking problem, he has anger issues, he had an affair, and my parents both agreed that, that was reason enough for him to go." Blaine said. "So how do I know he's not fooling me again? How do I know I can trust him?"

"Listen, it's not midnight yet. You still have a few more hours of your birthday. Why don't we spend those hours without worrying?" Kurt asked, taking his hand.

"Yeah. You're right." Blaine said. "He could still say something."

"Right." Kurt nodded. "Now you can get us some wine and I will meet you in your bedroom."

"Okay." Blaine nodded, letting Kurt kiss him softly before his lips were like a ghost and he was gone.

Blaine grabbed two wine glasses and brought them into his room where Kurt was laying with his hands folded; staring at the ceiling.

"I remember years ago -when my mom was still around- she'd come into my bedroom and lay with me just like this." Kurt whispered, hearing Blaine's presence but not looking his way. His gaze was still locked on the ceiling. "She used to tell me to look at the ceiling and picture the sky with all the stars and the breeze and the life outside my tiny bedroom walls."

Blaine set the wine glasses down and laid next to Kurt in the same position, trying his best to picture it.

"She would blow on my ear and my face so it actually felt like I had no roof over my head." Kurt continued.

Blaine turned to look at Kurt who was smiling slightly. He looked at the ceiling like he was nine years old again. And then he blew on the younger boy's ear and his face and that smile just grew bigger than life.

Kurt's hand intertwined with Blaine's who had it next to his side. He squeezed it tightly and then closed his eyes. Breathing in and out slowly.

"I miss her." Kurt managed.

"I know." Blaine said softly.

It was silent for a few moments.

"What do you see now?" He asked.

"The stars. The moon. The universe at my finger tips." Kurt sighed.

"And I'm here with you." Blaine said. "And I don't plan on leaving."

Kurt nodded and then kissed Blaine's cheek softly. They both turned on their sides to look at each other. They didn't need to talk. The silence that was usually deafening was now comforting.

Blaine brought their lips together slowly and moved them with one another with grace. The somber mood was behind his gentleness.

He sat up and pulled his shirt off and then positioned himself on top of his boyfriend. He dove back down and let their lips meet again. His hands stroked Kurt's cheeks softly and Kurt's hands found Blaine's hips and his ran his fingers up and down his sides.

Blaine's hands then grasped Kurt's shirt and he bunched part of it in his hand and pulled Kurt closer towards him. Kurt wrapped his arms around Blaine's neck and kissed him back as hard as he could.

Blaine slowly released his grip from Kurt's shirt and they both sat up. Blaine's breathing was hard on Kurt's face. Blaine took one of the buttons on Kurt's shirt and unbuttoned it with ease. He'd gotten accustomed to Kurt's buttoned shirts and he'd quickly learned the easiness of getting them off as quick as possible.

But tonight he slowly unbuttoned each one and slide his hands up Kurt's torso and slid the shirt off his shoulders before throwing it to the ground.

"Can I ask you something?" Blaine asked, breathing harshly as Kurt kissed his neck.

"Mmm." Kurt mumbled.

"What did you think of me before we got together?" Blaine asked.

"I used to picture myself working you undone, that little hitch you get in your voice whenever I touch you..." Kurt sighed. "What it felt like to have you inside me."

"Do you want to know what I thought about?" Blaine asked.

"God yes." Kurt nodded, watching as Blaine unbuttoned his pants and slid them off, motioning for Kurt to follow.

"I wanted to taste every inch of you, to hear your heart pounding like crazy under my hands, under my mouth." Blaine sighed.

As soon as they were fully unclothed, Blaine grabbed his lube and a condom and slid a few fingers inside Kurt until he voiced that he was ready.

And it wasn't like normal. It was slow and passionate and like two souls were reconnecting after a war. Honestly, they had been through a war. And still yet, it was like the war hadn't even ended.

"I'll be your soldier." Blaine whispered.

Kurt was sound asleep but Blaine was still awake, looking at the clock every once in a while. It wasn't midnight yet. He still had hope even though it was pretty hopeless.

After a while, he got tired of waiting and he started to drift off. But that's when his phone vibrated softly and he grabbed it quickly so not to wake Kurt.

Sorry for taking so long, they just let me use my phone now. Happy birthday bud. I hope for the next one I get to say it face-to-face. Xoxo

Blaine smiled down at the small message. So this was finally his dad showing him he meant it. And for that, he'd be forever grateful.

___________________________

A/N: Again, I have been MIA for far too long. I need to start updating more! But you know, school's a bitch. So is writer's block...

Anyways, I like how this chapter came out. Lots of emotions. Lots of good quality Klaine. I'm sorry if you don't like the fact that Blaine hates Valentine's Day. I thought it'd be a nice twist.

Also, the song in this chapter is When I Was Younger by Liz Lawrence. It's another song from The Vampire Diaries that I fell in love with and thought it fit Blaine's criteria.

So please keep commenting and voting. I totally love the feedback. And I will try to get another update sooner but once again, I make no promises.

Xoxo Mandi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 3K 37
Blaine Anderson is the most popular boy in school and is dating the most popular girl in school. Kurt Hummel is the new gay kid. Creds to @/CrissColf...
60.8K 1.4K 35
Kurt has been bullied all throughout his high school life for being gay. Then a boy called Blaine transfers to McKinley. Kurt and Blaine immediately...
13.7K 416 14
A story where high school sweet hearts are reunited after a long time apart. Now Blaine is a successful pop music artist and Kurt is the most popular...
9.7K 325 18
Blaine Anderson is in love with Kurt but he likes someone else. Does he only like the idea of Blaine liking him and the things he'd do for him? Or wi...