Angel's Ballad

By Steampowered_Dragon

People don't realize how much time they don't have. From when you're born, you're counting the days you're dy... More

Opening curtains
Prelude
Movement 1
Movement 2
Movement 3
Movement 4
Movement 5
Movement 6
Movement 7
Movement 8
Movement 9
Movement 10
Movement 11
Movement 12
Movement 13
Movement 14
Movement 15
Movement 16
Movement 17
Movement 18
Movement 19
Movement 21
Movement 22
Movement 23
Movement 24
Movement 25

Movement 20

548 35 28
By Steampowered_Dragon

"(Y/n), I love you."

Everything, even time seemed to freeze for her as the sudden confession rang upon her ears. The scene seemed dream like that it almost seemed humorous. Dreams playing tricks on her based on her deep feelings. Even her nails subconsciously dug into her palms, just a reassurance to show that she wasn't dreaming. Her mouth gaped open as she stared in disbelief.

"Eh?" She choked out. She doubted the fact so much. Was this a prank?

"I love you (Y/n)." Licht repeated bringing his hand to her face. He cradled her cheek gently, letting his thumb freely rub the apple. His gaze was like his hold, gentle. This softness, he never showed it to anyone, so she got a genuine feeling. She could feel her heart beat quicken in less than a second. Her eyes growing glossy, staring into his. He closed the distance bringing her into a hug. His arms wrapped around her in a firm embrace, he hesitated, but held her tight. She stood stunned, not even returning the embrace for a while.

"Why?" She then choked out, her voice overwhelmed with emotion.
"Why me?" She added. Licht stood silent, his breath slow by her ear.

"Do you really need me to answer that?" He asked tightening his grip.

"But-"

"Jeez you're really doubtful aren't you?" He asked letting go, but grasping her chin with his fingers. He tilted her head upwards so their eyes were locked. Just inches away from her own face he let his forehead rest on hers.
"I wouldn't want to spend so much time explain my feelings. But my feelings are true no matter how much I want to deny it." He said in an honest tone. (Y/n)'s eyes spilled tears as she felt moved. She leaned her head on his shoulder letting out choking sobs.

"Oi..." He spoke, he expected tears but not full on sobbing. He acted to aid her as he held her and smoothed her hair. They stood there for a while, (Y/n)'s hands grasped his shoulders and she weakly pushed them apart. Her head still dropping covered by her bangs. He looked at her concerned, not being able to see the expression on her face.
"Licht-san, I'm happy. I'm very happy." She spoke.

"But I'm also sad, afraid. So many emotions I've suffered these past weeks. There's something...that I don't want you to suffer." She said quietly, and eerie sort of quiet. He sighed, just a quiet breath escaping him, one of his hands took hers in a strong grip. While with his other he used to lift her face to peer at her sorrow filled face. His eyebrows furrowed as he studied her, so many conflicts he can assume she was dealing with against herself. He gently pressed his lips against her forehead, surprising her out of her stupor.

"Li-"

"Don't. Don't force yourself into anything." He said letting her go.
"I told you my feelings. Don't force out yours, you seem to be struggling with something, so I won't force a relationship onto you. I don't care if I have to get hurt. Just... I hate to see yourself suffering so much." He spoke, once again with the fullness of color in his cheeks. (Y/n) only felt worse than before, not at Licht, but at herself. So much little doubts in her mind has stopped herself from doing something that could make her happy. It was so complicated. It only made her sob more, letting little choking sounds escape her.

"I-I want t-to reciprocate your feelings.." She sobbed. Licht had once again wrapped his arms around her, smoothing her hair.

"Come on stop crying..."

"E-Easier said than d-done..." She hiccuped, the remark delivered a teasing way. He could feel his lips twitch a bit, but he had a lot of self control. He just held her, waiting patiently for her to calm down. Gradually the hiccups deceased, and she stood quietly just enjoying the embrace for a moment.

"L-Licht-san...I-I'm ok now.." She spoke shyly. Licht, although reluctantly, let her go, and the two stood their in a slight awkward tension. (Y/n) took some breaths, but then smiled at him.

"Thank you, and I'm sorry." She said.

"Don't apologize. You did nothing wrong." He said averting his gaze. He suddenly felt a little guilty, perhaps he confessed to early?

"No, I'm really am sorry. I don't want to give the wrong idea too. I really am happy about your feelings. I'm probably just not confident enough yet." She admitted. Licht sighed, he wouldn't deny he felt a bit disappointed but he got over it pretty quickly.

"Then I'll just have to wait." He said.

"Eh?"

"Until you're confident stupid. My feelings won't change overnight." He said nudging her. She smiled widely, and laughed. Licht could feel his chest get lighter by her laughter. He surely preferred her smile. Her little fit lasted for a couple minutes before she calmed down again.

"But like I said, I want reciprocate your feelings. Could you just wait a bit more for me though?" She asked.

"If it's to be with you, I'd wait an eternity." Licht said, and (Y/n) paused. She seemed to process for a few seconds before snickering and giggling again.

"Cheesy! What went through your mind for you to say that line? Did you watch a cheesy drama or something?!" She exclaimed through her laughs. Meanwhile Licht's cheeks were pink, but this time out of mortification. He grit his teeth as she continued to laugh for what felt like quite a while.

"Shut the hell up! I'm trying!" He yelled irritated. She gradually stopped, but went in for a hug.

"I know. I'm so grateful." She said enjoying his presence, his warmth. She shivered slightly, and Licht took the sign. For once again he had wrapped his arms tightly around her.
"You know you could just say you're cold instead of hugging me without notice idiot." He said. She hummed in response, laying her head on his chest, hearing the quick rhythm of his heartbeat.

"I know, I just like this better." She said blushing red. He sighed, separating them and taking her hand.

"Let's just hurry and get inside." He said. They started walking together back into the apartment. Inside Lawless was waiting for them, sitting around bored.

"Oh~ There you two are! You didn't do anything in that time you were gone huh?~" He asked wiggling his eyebrows up and down. Both of them blushed heavily, but Licht looked more riled.

"N-No! Nothing happened..." (Y/n) said red faced, but it only made Lawless grin wide. Luckily he let go of the subject before Licht could go up and kill him.
"Eh, but now that you two confessed. I kind of feel like a third wheel, more than I did earlier." He said shrugging.

"We're not exactly a couple yet..."

"Wait WHAT??" Lawless screeched, his glasses almost falling off his face.

"Shut up. It's (Y/n)'s decision." Licht spoke and pulled at Lawless's ear harshly. (Y/n) nervously giggled, but she became pensive, and frowned. The two males noticed, and glanced at each other. The air became a little uncomfortable with the silence.

"Maybe, we should leave?" Lawless whispered questioningly. Licht, for once, agreed with him. (Y/n) did need her space, especially after that emotional moment they had.

"(Y/n), we're heading off." He said standing, Lawless joining him. (Y/n) snapped her head up, but smiled.
"Ok," She stood up as well, "I hope we can meet up soon." She said.

"Of course (Y/n)-chan!" Lawless said winking, not even phased by Licht's glare. She bowed and then waved when they reached the door. But then she thought of something, the thought made her ran and grab Licht by the back of his arm.
"Wait! Can I ask you something?" She asked.

"What?" With that she leaned in his ear and whispered a request. His impassive expression seemed to break, but it returned and he nodded.
"Ok."

"Are you sure?"

"You don't have to ask that, I'm sure." He said. His fingers weaved through her hair, patting her head comforting her.
"I'll see you tomorrow then." He said before closing the door.

"Eh? What did (Y/n)-chan ask?"

"None of your business shit rat."

"EEHH!?" Lawless exclaimed offended. "I thought we were done with the cruel nicknames?! Licht-tan!" Lawless whined only to be ignored.
----------------------------------

(Y/n)'s hand had stuck to the closed door, her hand to her chest as she felt her accelerated heartbeat. No matter what he did, he made her feel this way. Both of their feelings were true then. She desperately wanted to return them, but she had to be sure of something first. Tomorrow would be a deciding factor, for her feelings and his as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 771 11
With time no longer being on your side, your decision to let Todoroki watch over you seems to be going fine. The bond the two of you have grows in a...
71.4K 2.1K 59
They say that if when you die you fall in love with someone you'll be attracted to them when you are born again. Even if you don't remember them. As...
43.4K 2.4K 16
▂▂▂▂▂ 『 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐄 』 ▂▂▂▂▂ On a person's 18th birthday, a counter rev...
24.2K 537 13
yay. Did you ever had that someone you want to keep in your life, but you couldn't. My ever first oneshots actually. Warning; slow updates~ I...