The Vicky Series: Book 3: Liv...

Af Gloriannajames

Q. E. McClintock has never shied from his duty and when the Civil War starts, he once again answers the call... Mere

Note and Acknowledgements
Chapter 1 Part 1
Chapter 1 Part 2
Chapter 2 Part 1
Chapter 2 Part 2
Chapter 3 Part 1
Author Note
Chapter 3 Part 2
Chapter 4 Part 1
Chapter 4 Part 2
Chapter 05 Part 1
Chapter 5 Part 2
Chapter 06 Part 1
Chapter 6 Part 2
Author's note
Chapter 07 Part 1
Chapter 7 Part 2
chapter 08 part 1
Chapter 8 part 2
Chapter 09 part 1
Chapter 9 part 2
Chapter 10 part 1
Chapter 10 part 2
Chapter 11 part 1
Chapter 11 part 2
Chapter 12 part 1
Chapter 12 part 2
Chapter 13 part 1
Chapter 13 part 2
chapter 14 part 1
Chapter 14 part 2
Author's Note
Chapter 15-part 1
Chapter 15 - part 2
Chapter 16-part 1
Chapter 16 - part 2
Chapter 17-part 1
Chapter 17 part 2
Chapter 18 part 1
Chapter 18 part 2
Chapter 19 part 1
Chapter 19 part 2
Chapter 20 part 2
Chapter 20 part 1
Chapter 21 part 1
Chapter 21 part 2
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
This Story is finished but...

Chapter 24

360 24 1
Af Gloriannajames

Turning to look out the window he repressed a sigh. With so many returning from war and settling back into their lives, he was just starting out.

He looked at Laureli again from the corner of his eye and wondered if someone like her would ever consider waiting...With a shake of his head he dismissed the thought and stared out the window as he turned his thoughts toward his plans for starting his own place in the Texas Panhandle.

---

Vicky growled in frustration and tucked her long braid in the collar of her dress to keep it from falling into her work as she knelt in the garden. Before long the spring winds tugged strands loose and they tickled at her cheeks and lips. Annoyed she swiped at the hair to tuck it behind her ear and sighed as she sat back on her heels to rest a moment.

A soft baritone chuckle drew her eyes to where Bo worked to her left. He stood with is foot resting on the shovel spade and his palms stacked on the end of the handle...and he was laughing at her.

"What?" she asked, already annoyed.

"Your face." He laughed.

"What?" She didn't understand what he said through his laughter.

He pointed to his cheek and laughed louder.

"Oh." She shrugged and removed her gloves (some of Quin's old gloves she used for gardening) and tried to wipe the dirt from her cheek.

"You wouldn't win any blue ribbons either." She groused.

Still chuckling he sank the spade deep and crossed to kneel next to her as he pulled a kerchief from his pocket to wipe the dirt smeared on her cheek.

"Well, I suppose since we're planting the spring gardens we should make allowances."

Feeling a bit like a surly child she pushed his hand away and tossed her dirty glove at his face.

"Ma! Ma!" Ida Rose shrieked.

"Uncle Bo!" Kelley hollered.

All silliness forgotten, the two scrambled to their feet and hurried toward the front of the house. Two small bodies collided with their legs as they rounded the corner.

"Somebody's coming." Kelley said pointing back toward the road.

Vicky and Bo exchanged a look and scooped up the children. Bo vaulted the rail and landed on the porch where he quickly disappeared inside. He reappeared a moment later with a rifle in one hand and Kelley still clinging to his hip. Vicky met him at the top of the porch steps with Ida Rose on her hip.

Together they watched as one of the hands rode out to the gate with his rifle resting on his thigh pointed to the sky. The visitors were put on warning: Be on your best behavior.

Vicky's hand slipped into her pocket and curled around her pistol from long standing habit. The dust trail rising up was following a small buggy pulled by a single horse. It was driven by a man in a cowboy hat. A woman and a child rode on the seat next to him. Vicky suppressed a groan. The last time such visitors arrived she'd had the PLEASURE of Janelle's company for several weeks.

Her lips pulled into a frown as she remembered all those DELIGHTFUL moments. Their visitors stopped at the gate and a few words were exchanged before the gate was opened. Vicky watched as the driver lifted his hat and waved it in greeting. She stared a moment searching for recognition before she lifted her skirts and ran out to meet them.

"ZEKE!" she called waving as she paused to set Ida Rose down.

She looked at her daughter and wondered when she'd gotten so big. Looking back up, her face lit with joy. Zeke was home and he brought his young family to meet them! Her happiness was tempered by the thought that Penelope could not be here to meet them.

Zeke jumped down then turned to lift the young lady down as she held the baby.

"Thank you Zeke." She blushed prettily and smiled up at him.

Vicky was relived...Not another Janelle! This pretty young girl was quiet and polite and it was obvious she adored the baby AND Zeke. Hezekiah was always a practical sort and she could not see him choosing someone as vain and shallow as Janelle was. After hugs were exchanged, Vicky cleared her throat.

"We're delighted to have you here, Hezekiah. Please, introduce us to your family."

The pretty young woman blushed bright crimson and dropped her head, shifting the baby on her hip. Zeke flashed some bright color of his own but he only cleared his throat and looked uncomfortable before he smiled sadly.

"Penelope...she..."

"I know." Reuben frowned but he didn't cry. "She died."

"This is Tomas?" Vicky asked softly, not wanting to intrude on the brother's shared moment.

"Yes." Zeke looked at her surprised before he added. "Of course. She wrote to you about him."

"She did. But I was expecting word from Lieutenant-Colonel Jones. He said he was there when...that she...he said he would send Tomas but I never expected that..." she sighed. "I'm sorry. There's no easy way to deal with this I suppose."

"Henry sent for me but I got there too late. Penelope was already gone and Tomas was being cared for by a trusted friend in Visalia. She left a letter for me. She said...maybe you'd help us?"

"Oh, Zeke. You know you're always welcome on the Arrow Q. In fact, I insist you stay. There's plenty of room in the bunkhouse and we've babies and children enough around here that one more wouldn't matter much." She chuckled. "I seem to be collecting strays as this war progresses."

"Thanks Vicky." Zeke chuckled and extended his hand.

Vicky raised an eyebrow in surprise but accepted the proffered hand. It was the handshake of a man, firm and honest. She remembered when Hezekiah made the decision to leave for Colorado. It wasn't gold-fever that drew him, but the desire to help take care of Penelope and Reuben. His sense of duty compelled him to enlist and now here he was once more looking out for others.

He'd grown into a man in the four years he'd been gone. And Vicky was glad to note the war hadn't taken the goodness out of him, or the joy. Suddenly she remembered her manners.

"You must stay with us too, Miss...?"

The shy girl finally looked up with a curtsy, minus the skirt flare because she still held Tomas.

"Hutchinson, Ma'am." Her cheeks flushed prettily as she smiled shyly. "And thank you kindly ma'am."

Hezekiah seemed suddenly flustered.

"I-I'm s-sorry. I f-forget my m-manners." He stammered.

Vicky smiled. She couldn't recall ever seeing Zeke this flustered around anyone before.

"Vicky, this is Laureli Hutchinson. Laureli, this is Mrs. McClintock. She was good friends with my folks."

"Pleased to meet you." Vicky smiled. "Now, while the weather is pleasant enough, I'm sure you might like to come inside out of the wind? Maybe have a cup of coffee...or tea."

Vicky sent Tomas off with Reuben and settled Zeke and Laureli in the kitchen. Bo gestured to the table for her to join the company while he fixed coffee.

"How did you come to meet Miss Hutchinson, Zeke?"

"Oh. When I brought Tomas from Camp Babbitt, I thought it might be better for him to ride slow and easy on the trail than bouncing to high heaven in the stage. So we rode out but the weather didn't cooperate. I stopped in Yuma and stayed at a boarding house until the next stage came along. Turns out her grandma owns the boarding house and her pa drove the stage."

"And so you live with your grandmother in Yuma then?"

"Oh, no. I was staying there to help grandmamma while grandpapa was so sick. But he's better now and I was going to ride home on the next stage. That's when Mr. White rode up looking like death warmed over and grandmamma gave him a difficult time of it when she saw he carried a baby under his slicker." She pressed her lips together to hide her laughter.

"What Laureli is too kind to say is that I was having a hard time with Tomas and they took pity on me. Mrs. Green gave him a bath and a few baby things they found and she taught me how to change his hippings proper. We were managing okay, but poor Tomas wasn't very comfortable. And since Laureli was traveling the same direction, she helped me as far as Deming."

"Ah, but you're here now, Miss Hutchinson."

"My mother and brother were at the stage to meet me. When they saw little Tomas she insisted Zeke bring him home with us for supper and to rest up."

"Mrs. Hutchinson sent Laureli along to help me, although I told her Tomas and I could manage this far. I hoped Laureli could be Tomas' nanny so that you won't be burdened with so many babes. Her folks say they've heard of the McClintocks and if you're of a mind, they'll allow it."

"I don't mean to impose, Mrs. McClintock." Laureli piped up softly, "Papa gave me money to take the stage home if you've no place for me."

"It's more my doing, Vicky." Zeke offered. "It's a guarantee I'm not fit to take care of him all on my own and I knew you had a passel of young'uns here already. Pa left me money and I have what I've saved these past four years so I'll pay her wages myself and contribute for our board. I want to do right by everyone."

"Well," Vicky said pausing to take a sip from the cup Bo handed her. "It's simple really. Reuben is already part of our family so no compensation will be accepted there. I can put you up in the bunkhouse Zeke, but I'll expect a fair day's work in exchange for your room and board."

She smiled as she saw Zeke's spine slip as he relaxed and nodded. She sipped her coffee and turned to Laureli.

"As for you, Miss Hutchinson, I can put you up here in the house. I could use a hand with all of the children, not just with Tomas. I can't offer much in the way of wages, but I can offer room and board and Katie Larraby, of San Francisco fame, is family. She lives here in town and I'm sure I could get you any dresses or sewing you need in the bargain."

She paused and watched as Laureli and Zeke exchanged a look.

"So," she said nodding at them. "This is where I stand, and I'll not change my mind. I'll accept no financial compensation for your stay, but I would welcome your help if you're still willing to give it."

Laureli smiled and Vicky decided she liked this girl much better than her last house guest.

"Mrs. McClintock, I'd be pleasured to be in your employ. Tomas is such a little thing and he's already been through so much, what with his ma dying and all. Grandmamma and me saw right off that Mr. White cared about Tomas but he seemed so lost about how to take care of him. Ma and me felt sorry for them and decided they both needed some doing for. I've got a passel of little brothers and sisters at home so I know I can be a help to you and I won't be underfoot."

Vicky's sipped at her coffee during this speech and smiled over her cup. Miss Hutchinson wasn't so shy after all. Zeke's neck was blushing a pretty shade of crimson as he suddenly found great interest in the pattern of the grounds floating in his coffee cup. Laureli Hutchinson wasn't Zeke's wife but it was obvious that the girl had set her cap for him.

She seemed a nice enough girl, and such a prospect might be good for Zeke. She'd be able to be a help to him when he moved to Texas and settled on his ranch. And from the shy looks Zeke kept sneaking of her, he didn't seem to be opposed to the idea. Bo was leaning against the counter behind the young people and Vicky saw him grin at her over his cup. He saw it too.

Then again, it was as plain as day that these two young people were smitten. She wondered briefly if this was what people saw when she was around Jeremy. Then again, that wasn't likely since he'd sort of snuck up on her. She smiled fondly at her memories of her first love and silently wished these two young people all the happiness young love could bring.

---

Vicky pulled her shawl tighter as she sat at the kitchen table. Bo moved his things back to the bunk house and gave his room to Laureli and Tomas. Vicky wanted Bo to sleep in the house though, so he was snoring lightly on a pallet next the fireplace. She would have to figure something more permanent out. She sipped her coffee and frowned. It was cold.

Rising she went to warm it and thought of her full house. The nursery had four children in it already as Reuben and the three sibs slept there. Lizzy still slept in Vicky's room, but that couldn't last much longer. Tomas and Laureli had Bo's room and poor Bo was relegated to the floor or the bunkhouse. Crossing to the window she stared out at the stars.

She was an only child, so it was nice to have so much family around her. She wondered what Quin would think when he returned. He left her with Reuben, the twins and one on the way. Now there was Reuben, three small children, Lizzy, and Tomas as well as Bo, Zeke, and Laureli. Vicky chuckled softly and snuck into his office to sit at the desk and write a letter.

Lt.-Col. WM Jones

Camp Babbitt, near Visalia, CA

Sir:

You said to reach out if there was a need regarding Tomas Schmidt and I have realized there is a need. I hope it is something you can accommodate.

I need to get word to my husband: Major Q. E. McClintock who is currently on campaign with Colonel C. Carson. I have no idea where they might be to even attempt to send a letter.

He was good friends with Lt.-Col. H. Schmidt and his wife and I think he should know not only that they have both gone to rest, but that we now have 3 new residents at our home as Reuben and Tomas have fallen to our care and Zeke has decided to stay on in order to be close to them.

If you could please send word to him through your military connections, I would greatly appreciate it.

Cordially,

Mrs. Q. E. McClintock

Arrow Q, near Las Cruces NM

Blotting the letter dry she folded it into an envelope and addressed it to the Lieutenant-Colonel. She'd have one of the men deliver it to Fort Seldon tomorrow so they could forward it to Visalia. With a sigh she leaned back in Quin's chair and as she looked around the room inspiration struck. She could set a cot in here for Bo. It would at least offer some privacy.

When Quin came home, she'd have to talk to him about expanding the Arrow Q. At least there was plenty of time to think on it. A naughty grin tugged her lips as she thought how the family would probably grow when he returned. Chuckling she dumped the last of her coffee in the sink and slipped off to bed. At the moment she couldn't figure where she'd possibly manage to put another body no matter how small!

As Quin rode along he grew morose. Summer was behind him and so "The Long Walk" as the men had taken to calling the forced march. Those days would haunt his memory for all of his days. So many fell by the wayside and their bodies littered the trail. The army provided wagons but there were so many that fell that too many were left behind.

There weren't enough supplies either. At first he thought it was because they hadn't anticipated the immediate surrender of so many. But then he thought of "the general" and his hate. It was difficult to hold his head up and he sure as hell wasn't very proud to be cavalry on that march. It was bad enough he wanted to walk away from it all more than once.

He thought it, but he would never go AWOL (Absent WithOut Leave). Instead he rallied the men that he could and together they did what they could to help. They gave up cloaks, tunics, blankets, rations and horses to those in need. Quin walked more than half of those 400 miles with the saddle blanket around his shoulders as Jonah carried women, children, elderly and sick ones.

He was proud of his men that followed the example of Christian compassion. Too many treated the Navajo the way he would never treat his cattle! Now they were warring against the Kiowa Nation and he wondered when it would end. When would it be enough? And how in the hell could a man so full of low morals and hate hold a position with such power for so long?

As the sun sank beneath the horizon the temperatures dropped quickly. Somewhere a coyote howled and a shiver ran down his spine. As he rolled the stiffness from his shoulders he realized he'd ridden miles with his mind elsewhere. That was a good way to get dead when your enemy was Kiowa. But since he rode with the column it might be safe enough to relax a little.

The coyote howled again and the wind swirled up a dust devil. As he closed his eyes against the dust the wind blew cold around him leaving him dirty...and cold. Looking about he racked his brain to recall how long they'd been out here. It was November but he'd be hard pressed to tell if it was the 10th or the 11th. Out here the days all ran together in an endless blur.

What were they doing at home? He tried to picture their faces. Reuben was twelve now and the twins would turn four next month on Christmas Day. Four! Little Quin, his little soldier, was three and Lizzy was...Lord, she was a year and a half. Had it really been so long since he'd been home? Vicky's smile filled his mind and his heart squeezed. Lord he missed them!

It would be Thanksgiving soon but he sure as hell wasn't feeling very thankful. With a groan he dismounted, cursing the General for this latest campaign. He was getting too damned old to be traipsing around like this. He ached deep in his bones and he was tired enough to sleep a week. Fort Bascom was just another fort: more tired soldiers, more tired animals. It was all the same.

Last time he left home, an empty feeling settled into his heart and he hadn't been able to shake it. He glanced over and saw Kit heading to his quarters. Was it the knowledge that Kit was desperately homesick that triggered these feelings? He missed his family when he left them before, but he'd never felt discontent in his duty before.

He followed the young lieutenant to his quarters without small talk. The boy probably thought him rude but Quin didn't really care at the moment. He shrugged his saddle off his shoulder and tossed it along with his bedroll onto the floor inside the door. After he'd shut the door against the cold he dropped onto the cot and sighed.

Leaning forward he propped his elbows on his knees and sank his fingers into his hair. He closed his eyes and shivered as he remembered the feel of Vicky's fingers in his hair. He let out a string of curses and tugged his hair at the roots. Letting his hands fall he clasped them loosely and noticed the bare floor. Vicky braided colorful rag rugs for their home.

With a sigh he stood and built a fire. Crossing to the tiny window he pulled back curtain and stared out at the fort. Restless, he turned and let the curtain fall. It was a rag really. Vicky hung curtains at Arrow Q that she made from colorful calico and eyelet lace. He shrugged and crossed to the bed. A bare wooden plank with a single worn army blanket that lay folded on the end.

Turning an about face he lifted his bed roll and reached for the familiar comfort of Vicky's quilt. He flipped it loose and spread it over the cot. His hand brushed over the soft worn cotton of the calicos. It beat the hell out of the course old army blankets and he was glad she'd snuck it into his bedroll. He gathered it up in his fist and sighed.

No. It wasn't Kit's homesickness rubbing off and making him feel so restless. He was truly tiring of this way of life. He flipped the quilt around his shoulders and sat on the cot, rubbing his thumbs absently on the cotton as he held it in place. He'd spent more than half his life in the service of his country. He had always answered the call to duty.

Now he heard another's call and it was that call he wished with all his heart to answer. He remembered the last time he left them. Vicky stood on the porch with the children. Ida Rose held her rag doll with tears streaming down her face as she shook with sobs. Kelley stood bravely silent but Quin's heart broke at the sight of the tears that streaked his face.

His namesake stood stiffly at attention with misty eyes and a quivering lip. Quin commented how brave he was not to cry. 'Soldiers don't cry.' Was his reply. Quin didn't have the heart to tell him that sometimes soldiers did cry. With a sad smile he pressed his thumb and forefinger to his eyes and wiped away the tears.

Vicky stood stoically holding the three-week-old Lizzy in her arms while the twins turned to press their faces into her skirts. Vicky didn't cry out loud but he knew it was taking all her strength to do so. He smiled and waved as he turned to leave and that's when Little Quinton broke his stiff stance and ran down the steps.

He waved and shouted: 'Come home soon Pa!' Quin turned and offered a salute then he rode away without looking back again. How could he? Soldiers don't cry...yet he couldn't stop the ache that settled into his hart. It was that call he longed to answer: 'Come home soon Pa!'

"Damned dust." He mumbled as he swiped at his eyes.

Standing abruptly he crossed to his things and pulled his extra blanket. He shook it out angrily, much more than was needed. It wouldn't help soften the wood cot, but it gave him something to do. Pulling Vicky's quilt from his shoulders he spread it over the cot. He managed to drag the making of his bed out a full five minutes. With a growl he sat down again.

He needed to pull himself together and find his focus. As the good book says, there is a time for every purpose under heaven...and war was not the place for sentiment. His wool-gathering while on the trail today wasn't the first time he'd forgotten himself. He was going to end up very dead if he didn't pull himself together.

Swinging his legs up onto the cot he lay down with his hands folded behind his head. One of the first rules of warfare: Know your enemy. It was time he turned his thoughts to the things he knew about his newest foes, the Kiowa and the Comanche. Sometime later he fell asleep.

As bugler sounded, he scratched his head and stretched his stiff body and forced himself to his feet. He smiled as he donned his hat and went to answer mess call. His hair was a mess, he knew, but under his hat no one would know. And since he had taken to eating out of doors, he always wore his hat.

He felt his spirits renewed as he remembered they were leaving tomorrow. He would be able to lose himself in his duty and that would bring him that much closer to being able to return to his family with his scalp intact.

----

"Major McClintock. Major, sir."

Quin almost didn't hear the boy over the bugler as he sounded boots and saddles. Men scrambled around to be ready when they were called to horse. While the fort was a welcome sight that meant a bunk and a decent meal, they were on campaign and the excitement of their immediate departure filled the air. Quin pulled his mount around and walked toward him.

"What is it Sergeant?"

"This just arrived for you, sir." He extended his hand and Quin accepted the letter.

"Thank you Sergeant. It's a lucky thing it caught me here."

"I reckon you won't be near a fort again for some time to come if the rumors are right."

"What rumors would that be, Sergeant?"

"Kiowa are on the warpath and they're partnering with the Comanche."

"You hear the same as we do. We're after them then and I reckon you're right, Sergeant. I reckon last night was the last I'll see of a cot for quite some time."

"You're the lucky one then." The sergeant chuckled. "I'd as soon sleep on the ground."

Quin twisted in the saddle a little to stretch his lower back and smiled.

"I am of a like mind with you on that one, Sergeant." Quin chuckled.

"Godspeed, Major McClintock." His spine straightened and he snapped a salute.

Quin returned the salute and the Sergeant returned to his duties elsewhere. Quin looked at the envelope. It was from Visalia but he didn't recognize the hand. Last he knew the Schmidt's were expecting. But if this were good news, wouldn't Penelope or Henry have written themselves? With a frown he opened the letter.

There were several sheets. Most were short notes instructing the courier to forward the letter as the Major was no longer present and was not likely to return. He flipped through them quickly to find the original letter. He skipped over the address, since he wasn't there anyway and began reading.

Major, I regret that I should be the one to send word of this news, but as your wife pointed out, she had no idea where to find you. She thought perhaps I would know how to get word to you. I informed her that I would do my best to reach you though I was uncertain of your whereabouts. Indeed, I am certain only that his letter shall chase you far and wide before it ever catches you.

I was fortunate enough to have known your friend Lieutenant-Colonel H. Schmidt. We served here together for a few months before he passed on from this world and I had the honor to attend to his final wishes.

Part of his wishes I conveyed to your wife and offered my assistance should she require it. I received a letter from her this morning, but I get ahead of myself.

Henry passed away first from his illness. His wife passed on very shortly after. They left the care of their children to you and your wife. At Henry's request I ordered Zeke to report here to Camp Babbitt so that he could help Mrs. Schmidt. Unfortunately they both were gone when he arrived. He has taken the infant child with him to your Arrow Q.

Your wife wished me to tell you of the passing of your friends as well as the fact that you have three new people in residence at your home as Zeke has determined to stay on to be near his brothers.

Having dispatched my duty to your wife, I offer my condolences and wish you a safe return to your family, larger by three.

Lt.-Col. WM Jones

Camp Babbitt, near Visalia, CA

Quin stared numbly at the letter for a moment as its contents began to sink in. It was bittersweet indeed. He was glad to learn that Zeke was safe and residing at the Arrow Q. Reuben had been there so long already...but now there was another new baby there. Poor Vicky!

Poor Vicky! He repeated as the rest of the news sank in. Penelope was her particular friend and she must have been very sad by the news. He looked at the top of the letter to check the date and blinked hard as he did a double take. The letter was dated April. This news had been chasing him around for more than six months!

Six months! Henry was dead for more than six months and Quin felt the loss like a physical blow. He'd known Henry for a lot of years and the man was well loved.

"Is something the matter, Major?"

"No sir." Quin handed over the letter. "That is, this news is more than six months old. I'm sure everything is well settled by now."

"I'm sorry, Major." Kit offered. "You have my condolences...and my congratulations. You have three more children at home it seems."

"My poor wife. The house must be near to bursting at the seams. And now there are 6 small children there for her to mind. She'll not complain but I wish she didn't have to do it alone."

"You were telling me her brother-in-law is there. And your mother moved close by."

"Yes. And there are the hands too. But their father is not there."

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

70.6K 4.4K 22
I've been through enough in the past few years to write a novel. The short version? My wife cheated on me, and got pregnant...by my brother. She want...
55.2K 1.2K 45
Gracie Barnes thought she had it all, the loving brother, a great job and a best friend. The only thing missing was love. Her one true love was comp...
200 23 18
Waking up without your memories is scary enough as is. Finding out your husband may be why you were in the hospital in the first place only complicat...
207K 4.9K 80
{complete & editing } κ§π™ˆπ™–π™›π™žπ™– π™π™€π™’π™–π™£π™˜π™šκ§‚ 𝑀𝑒 π‘”π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘€ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘’π‘”β„Ž π‘€β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ 𝑀𝑒 π‘”π‘œ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘’...