Leah Riddle (Book 1)

By xxShaylee3xx

(Series in Editing) "What's going on?" I turned to Severus. "We need your help. The Death Eaters," Barty said... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One

Chapter Fifty-Four

2.9K 47 26
By xxShaylee3xx

"You spoke to your father?" Severus grasped my arm just before I entered the Great Hall.

"Yes. He just reiterated that Potter needs to trust me now more than ever."

"Good. We're getting close, it's almost time," he said and I nodded silently as a group of students came around the corner. He let go of my arm and I crossed the Hall to the Slytherin table, sitting next to Draco and across from Pansy.

"Did you see today's paper?" Draco asked angrily, throwing the Prophet down. I picked it up and choked on my pumpkin juice.

"Love/hate relationship between Leah Loveland and Harry Potter! Loveland's relationship with one Draco Malfoy pushes Potter's buttons at the end of their second triwizard task. Potter admits love for Loveland, but she turns him down, keeping her heartbreaker image up. Draco Malfoy is quick to congratulate his girl when she won, but was she really into it? 'Leah is just using Draco, I know it. She's never with him, and it seems whenever her and Potter fight, she's back with Draco. It's to make Potter jealous!' says Clarissa Moon, a fourth year Slytherin. Could there be a secret love between Loveland and Potter that no one knows about? This is Rita Skeeter, reporting for the Daily Prophet, saying goodbye for now."

There was a picture of Draco and me together, with Potter looking at us hatefully. I threw it down and looked over at Moon who was reading the Prophet with a smirk.

"Moon!" I yelled and she slowly looked over. The Great Hall fell silent. Most people had already read the Prophet.

"What is your problem?" I asked angrily, pulling out my wand.

"Just trying to let everyone know the truth," she shrugged, pulling her wand out as well. Potter was watching me in surprise.

"As if you'd know anything about my personal life?" I glared and the professors seemed too shocked by our outburst to say anything.

"Loveland, just go back to Potter, we all know you two are secretly shagging!" she said smugly and I snorted.

"Damn, you found out. My life is ruined," I said sarcastically.

"Daddy won't be proud will he?" she sneered and I stopped for a moment. Then I remembered there was no way she could know about my real father.

"My dad's dead, you absolute bitch," I snapped.

"Oops, I forgot," she pulled a pseudo innocent face. 

"How much longer are you going to be a complete twat?"

"Alright, enough!" Dumbledore's voice boomed. Draco had his hand on my arm, but I didn't look over at him.

"You two in my office, Mister Malfoy and Mister Potter as well!" he said, and I could tell by the look in his eyes that he was furious. I glared at Moon with a burning intensity.

"Ms. Loveland, enough!" Dumbledore fixed me with a firm look and I sighed, walking over to meet Moon and Potter, who were already with Dumbledore. Draco was close behind and a shocked silence remained in the Great Hall as we were escorted out.

We reached Dumbledore's office and we all sat down in silence, not sure what to say. Clarissa not so politely pushed me out of the way so she could be next to Draco. I clenched my fist with a glare and she threw me a dirty look.

"Ms. Loveland and Mr. Potter, would you care to explain this morning's Prophet?" Dumbledore asked and I crossed my arms.

"It's quite obvious we had no part in this."

"I don't know how Skeeter got in," Potter said, his face contorted with confusion.

"Oh Potter doesn't know something, surprise," Moon snarled and I glared at her.

"Why do you have to insert yourself into everything? Stay quiet," I sneered and she bristled, but Dumbledore gave her a stern look.

"What happened between you two? You were such good friends," Dumbledore said to Potter and me.

"We're friends...we're just in a little disagreement about my dating choices. Skeeter must've taken it as jealousy. Especially since he said he was interested in me."

"Why did you feel compelled to yell at Ms. Moon then?" he asked and I raised my eyebrows.

"Professor, have you read the Prophet?" Draco sneered, and Potter glared at him, but Dumbledore brushed it off.

"No, I'm afraid I haven't," he smiled.

"She is the one who spoke with Skeeter and told her I'm trying to make Potter jealous. Obviously, that pissed me off," I said.

"Why?" Dumbledore asked.

"Because it's not true!" I said.

"You're a Griffindork, why wouldn't you like one of them instead of a Slytherin?" Moon asked and I frowned at her.

"Being friends with Gryffindor's does not mean I have to date one. If you haven't noticed, I'm friends with Slytherin's as well."

"All part of your plan to date Draco to make Potter jealous, I'm sure."

"Yes, I'm sure Potter is very jealous that I get to date Draco and he doesn't," I rolled my eyes, a smirk playing at the edges of my lips. I shocked a laugh out of Moon and Harry almost choked on his own spit. 

"Explains why Potter is so obsessed with me," Draco drawled and I laughed.

"I would rather off myself, thanks," Potter frowned.

"Now why would you want to get off by yourself when you could have Draco here help-"

"If you don't stop I'm going to kill you," Draco cut me off and Moon and I fell into laughter.

"Alright Loveland, I've got to admit, you have your moments," she said.

"Unlike you," I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Settle down," Dumbledore chuckled, "Back to the reason we are here. I cannot have you four blowing up at each other all the time. I beg you to be more disciplined. Ten points from Slytherin, five from Gryffindor," Dumbledore said.

"Of course professor," I nodded, and we got up to walk out.

"Ms. Moon, could I have a word?" Dumbledore asked, and she scowled but nodded. The rest of us walked out and down the stairs, but I hesitated by the door after it closed.

"What are you doing?" Potter hissed, and Draco was leaning against the wall.

"Listening, shush!" I whispered, and they shrugged before heading off in opposite directions.

"Well, I congratulate you on your progress. You're highly believed to be a Slytherin; you play the part a little too well," Dumbledore said. Play the part?

"I try my best," Moon said, sounding completely different than before. She sounded sweeter.

"Now tell me, what's been going on?" he asked with interest.

"Loveland's behavior is suspicious. She's always leaving to visit someone, but no one knows where she is. Also, the way she talks about her parents always sounds off; as if they're still alive. Is it possible she isn't who she says she is?"

"Yes, it could very well mean that," Dumbledore said, seemingly in thought.

"Who are her parents then?" she asked in confusion.

"I haven't a clue," he said, but I know a lie when I hear it. He's suspicious now. I pressed my ear closer to the door and held my breath.

"Father, she hates Potter and his friends. She's using them, I just don't know what for. She's a better actress than anyone could imagine." 

Father?

"Ariana, dear, I think it's time we recruit her. If we can get her on our side, then we have the perfect weapon," he said.

My thoughts were going a mile a minute. Ariana Dumbledore. Clarissa Moon was completely fake, Dumbledore is using his own daughter as a spy for him. But why? Has she been a Slytherin spy all this time? Even before I was here? And why would they need me to be their perfect weapon?

"With her powers, we could easily defeat Voldemort, should he return," Moon agreed. I stepped back, not listening to anymore, and ran all the way to our common room.

I slammed the common room door shut, out of breath, and looked at everyone's confused faces.

"Clarissa is a spy!" 

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 32.2K 48
Harry had lived an awful life so far first his abusive relatives then this huge man comes in and tells him he is actually a wizard and he will be att...
8.4M 236K 100
❛And do you know what's the stupidest thing about this?❜ said Draco and made an aggressive step towards me. ❛That after all this,❜ he grasped my fore...
26.7K 487 37
Severus Snape? Yeah, I'm related to him. No, he isn't a real Death Eater. No, I don't believe in Voldemort and his views, no matter how much I hang o...
12.4K 493 29
Y/N is a muggle born. All her life she had been taught normal things. But when her Hogwarts letter arrives, she can't help but be giddy with exciteme...