Angel's Ballad

By Steampowered_Dragon

People don't realize how much time they don't have. From when you're born, you're counting the days you're dy... More

Opening curtains
Prelude
Movement 1
Movement 2
Movement 3
Movement 4
Movement 5
Movement 6
Movement 7
Movement 8
Movement 9
Movement 11
Movement 12
Movement 13
Movement 14
Movement 15
Movement 16
Movement 17
Movement 18
Movement 19
Movement 20
Movement 21
Movement 22
Movement 23
Movement 24
Movement 25

Movement 10

804 49 52
By Steampowered_Dragon

Never had Licht ever thought that he would get acquainted with other people. He acted much like his father, being somewhat of an aloof character only drowning himself in his music. As well as to fulfill his future goals. He thought he would stay that way, only it changed. First it began with that demon, that he made a contract with. He hated it beyond anything else, it was a darkness that invited itself to disrupt an angel like him. But then, (Y/n) came in, bringing in a light. What was so special about her? Even Licht questioned himself as to why...he liked her presence so much. Was this attraction? Possibly, even he couldn't deny his inner feelings.

Another scene came to him as he closed his eyes, the scene in the rain. The free flowing movements of them dancing together, those moments that filled him with great joy and amusement. Amongst all of the stress, he found time of joy with her. Maybe that's why...he found a bond with her. But then came in the smile on her face that made his heart skip beats, he didn't think it was possible for anyone to do that. Licht became conflicted, his feelings became a mess.

"Damn it.." He muttered through grit teeth covering his face with his hands. He cursed himself for struggling so much.

"Eh, Licht-tan you're still thinking of your little crush~" Licht heard a very irritating voice from above him. He faced and glared at Lawless grinning at him with a smug look.

"I think it's cute~ the love of youth~Oh what young love do yonder window breaks~" Lawless teased on and on reciting the lines the famous poet Shakespeare. Licht could hear his mocking tone loud and clear, and it didn't help. In fact it only made him more angry. He grabbed Lawless's shirt collar growling at him.

"You demon, stop mocking me."

"Eh~ I'm not mocking I'm teasing there's a difference. And I'm not surprised, (Y/n)-chan's kind of cute~" He said, he emphasized the last part making Licht's eyebrow twitch.

"Shut up!" He yelled gripping the vampire's shirt tighter. His glare pierced Lawless' crimson eyes, but Lawless didn't waver. He became used to Licht's temper. In fact it only encouraged him to tease more.

"Oh? So Licht-tan gets angry when I call (Y/n)-chan cute huh?"

Licht's eyebrow twitched again, Lawless knew just how to get under Licht's skin. Licht needed some alone time so he just walked away, in a very bad mood.

Lawless scratched his head and laughed slightly, "Hm how adorable. But remember Licht-tan, the things you're still involved with." He said, his eyes turned darker giving the aura of something powerful.
------------------------------------------

"Tch." Licht grit his teeth as his temper peaked again. He couldn't help himself, as the demon just got him so angry. Then he just mentioned (Y/n) and that's when his mind really snapped. His boot met with the wall creating a dent, just the sound of her name coming from a demon's mouth made his skin crawl and something toxic rise up in his throat. He heard the sound of Kranz calling him, and he willed himself to calm down. His thoughts went to her again, and her words, and he was calm. This time he didn't question it.

He saw Kranz standing with there with the phone in his hand.
"What is it?" Licht asked walking up to him. Kranz just handed him the phone, and he automatically knew.

"(Y/n)?"

"Hi Licht-san..." He knew it was her, to be honest he was elated it was her. But something sounded off in her voice, like that one time she had a high fever.
"What's wrong?" He asked so suddenly.

"I..." She paused, and her voice sounded distressed it only caused worry to grow. He awaited her answer, growing impatient.

"What is it (Y/n)?" He asked again, his instincts telling him that it wasn't something good judging by the way she paused.

"I'm in the hospital." She said finally, not even sugar coating her words. Licht's anxiety skyrocketed as he heard, and the potential reasons why she could end up there only made him feel worse.

"Why?" He asked.

"Um, you remember that blood test I had? Turns out I need to take it early. I had to stay overnight as well."

So it didn't turn out to be a serious reason, but the question of why still lingered.

"Don't worry Licht-san. I'm fine." She said trying to reassure him. He wanted to believe her, but the rising worry that had built up in him had failed to cease. He gripped the phone in his hands feeling frustration set upon him.

"You're still there right?" He asked again all too suddenly.

"Uh, yeah."

"Wait for me there." He said before hanging up.
--------------------------------------

"E-Eh?! Wait Licht-san..." She heard the call end and the beeps of a dead line. Her mouth formed a thin line, and she looked frustratingly at her phone. She noted the hasty reply of Licht, and the fact that he was coming to visit her. She felt happy, but at the same time she didn't want him to see her state. Sitting on a hospital bed with straps attached to her veins, sampling blood from her.

"I got the needle ready." Doctor Iwazumi's cold voice snapped her attention to him. His own grey eyes staring at her, giving her shivers like actual ice. His glare was calm, but it was like she could feel the sharpness, almost like the needle he was holding. And somehow he had managed to gain trust, and affections of many men and women.

"Who did you call just now?" He asked in a demanding voice.

She flinched slightly and fidgeted in her seat, "Just a friend of mine." She said simply not even bothering to meet his eyes. She knew she would meet with his glare if she did. Licht always glared at her too, but he never scared her. Doctor Iwazumi felt different, there was something truly terrifying behind that man's glare. The doctor sighed only walking up to (Y/n) and snatching her phone away.

"Hey!" She exclaimed sharply giving a small glare.

"No phones in appointments. You should know that by now."

"Well I only have to take a stupid blood test right? It won't take long." (Y/n) argued.

"The more time you stall the longer the appointment. You should think about that before unnecessarily calling people." He argued back at her, his glaring eyes giving a fearsome flash that made (Y/n) grow silent and snap her mouth shut. Finally he started the procedure, the needle inside her vein collecting the blood sample. (Y/n) never liked the feeling of a needle jabbing into her arm so on contact she would whimper slightly. The grip she had on the edge of her seat tightening as the seconds ticked by.

The pressure finally alleviated and (Y/n) relaxed when Iwazumi took the needle out and away from her arm. She didn't expect, however, for him to grip her arm softly afterwards and put on the bandage in the sore spot. His fingers had gripped her skin, and even she could feel the ice. But she didn't say anything, only until he leaned close to her face did her eyes widen. Her eyes were forced to look into his own sharp ones.

"I ask for you to wait here." He said simply. (Y/n) was too surprised by his proximity to respond that she leaned back and pushed him away with her little force. All while nodding her head. He left her there alone in the room, with adrenaline pumping in her veins.

"What was that?" She mumbled in question, she felt beyond confused. She no longer wanted to be here, it felt suffocating within the white walls of the room. Not to mention her creepy doctor just one room away from hers. Before she could get a chance he came back with a white bottle.

"I've figured you would need a refill of this." He shook the bottle giving the sound of the contents within it. (Y/n) swallowed painfully keeping her head down, she could feel something like a poison within her whenever she saw those bottles. All because her body had been cursed.

"It's nothing to be ashamed about. You can't help your condition, and it is something out of your control. Which is why I always to try and take the medication."

"More like force.." (Y/n) mumbled bitterly.
"Why does it sound like you're giving me life advice?" She asked. She was being snarky on purpose because she voiced out loud and clear how much she hated Doctor Iwazumi.

"Have your parents contacted you at all?" Her breath hitched, that one question being brought up again. It made her blood boil, but most of all it made her dismal. All because her parents...have never contacted her, and her doctor knew that all too well.

"Why do you ask me that? They contact you don't they? Why would they need to with me? I'm sure they're just as busy as they say they are..."

(Y/n) could feel a painful lump in her throat as her eyes started to burn. This was why she hated him so much, because he always had to bring down reality on her hard. Like he was bashing her head in with a hammer, and he always looked so eerily calm.

"I ask you that because you don't have anyone that cares about you do you?" Doctor Iwazumi asked, his voice still eerily calm. It was able to pierce into (Y/n) and caused her to falter. She swallowed, and looked down dejected. The taps of his footsteps came closer, and (Y/n) could feel her fear rising within her but she could only keep her shaking gaze on the white floor tiles. She could feel a soft tug on her hair, her skin feeling goosebumps as she could feel him leaning in closer.

"You want someone to care, you need it. Otherwise you'll just fade away without anyone remembering you, without you making an impact on someone." She could feel his whisper next her ear, and his breath. She felt disgusted, but most of all too full of fear to push him away. He had an effect to made people freeze, like his stare turned them to stone.

"Isn't that right (Y/n)?" She could only shut her eyes, too shocked to do anything. She felt herself in the dark, unable to do anything.

"(Y/n)!" Until a brilliant shine of light and familiar call stopped everything. Her head turned slowly, seeing Licht standing in the doorway. His form slumped slightly and he panted heavily, as if he had run a long distance. His eyes met hers, and she could feel her chest become lighter, as her senses became clear.

"Licht-san?" She called his name in confusion. She didn't realize he would actually show up, and in a daze just became very confused. Enough happened in a small amount of time to make her dizzy again.

"Who are you?" Doctor Iwazumi had backed off but glared harshly at Licht. Unlike (Y/n) Licht stood up against the doctor's cold expression and gave one of his own.

"Todoroki Licht, (Y/n)'s friend." Licht stated bluntly and out right. (Y/n) heard him and she could feel her cheeks warm again. Iwazumi raised a brow but then he remembered.

"You're the friend I spoke with." He commented staring down at Licht. Licht turned his attention from the doctor to (Y/n). She was leaning against the bed, her eyes closed as she rubbed her forehead roughly as if she had a migraine. Licht had his full attention on her as he stepped around the doctor.

"(Y/n)? Are you alright?" He asked gripping her shoulders.

"Licht-san, you actually came here?" She asked him and looked at him with squinted eyes.

"Uh...I.." Licht couldn't think of an excuse of the top of his head, and his cheeks were already to slightly color. He could see her eyes close again, her dizziness showing her vulnerable at the moment. If Licht didn't have a grip on her shoulders she would surely collapse.

"Stop worrying about me and why I'm here, and worry about yourself stupid. You're feeling dizzy right?" Licht asked now subtly worried. (Y/n) managed to nod, and it was all Licht needed to know. He maneuvered her until she was sitting with her back elevated against the wall. His hard eyes keeping observation of her form so that she wouldn't fall on the floor. She let out a little whining noise with her uncomfortable position.

"Can we leave?" She asked softly, so only Licht could hear.

"You're too dizzy to move." He said his eyes studying her. He could see her eyes glance to the doctor who just kept staring at them, and he caught upon the silent message.

"I'll stay here with you alright?" He said softly to her, her eyes widened slightly before she closed them and nodded. Licht breathed out a heavy breath as he saw her relaxing. He glanced back seeing the doctor's eyes still on them both. Licht stood up stuffing his hands in his pockets and he leaned against the wall, and glared at him keeping a guard over (Y/n).

"She had a dizzy spell hit her huh?" The doctor said his eyes narrowing.

"Yeah, I figured just letting her rest and then I'll take her home." Licht kept his guard up, if the doctor's voice managed to give him chills over the phone. Then looking upon him in raw form felt just menacing. But Licht didn't let that scare him, he's dealt with more demons so far. Doctor Iwazumi said nothing for a while.

"I didn't think she had friends that cared about her." He said, Licht stiffened at the statement.

"What makes you say that?"

"She's never had any friends."

Licht blinked suddenly feeling shock from the blunt statements that came from Iwazumi.
"You're not making this up?" Licht asked harshly feeling his anger spiking.

"Whether you believe me or not is up to you. But let me say I know (Y/n) better, and she's way more than what she shows to other people." Doctor Iwazumi left with those words leaving quite an impact on Licht. He observed (Y/n) who was now sleeping, and he could feel his chest constrict.

"What did he mean by that?"

A/N: WHAT'S THIS? TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY? SOMEONE SLAP ME BECAUSE I AM ON FIRE. That didn't make sense, and please excuse my shitty writing. Also Iwazumi, just imagine him like attractive like, like brown hair, grey eyes, tall, like the bishounen type.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.2K 927 15
Sometimes love deserves a second chance, cause time wasn't ready for the first one. Kuroo Tetsurou x Reader
6.4K 364 16
Kimetsu No Yaiba Fan Fiction: Male Reader I live a normal life of a student. Everything was normal that it's boring. But that life suddenly turn in a...
502 15 11
You always had this illness that was slowly consuming your life. When you only have 7 days left to live, you make a contract with a devil that will l...
24.2K 537 13
yay. Did you ever had that someone you want to keep in your life, but you couldn't. My ever first oneshots actually. Warning; slow updates~ I...