An Arranged Marriage ❉ n.m

By natemaloski

Famous and living the dream, Skate Maloley didn't plan on being involved in an arranged marriage with a small... More

Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty - Part Two
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-Five
Seventy-Six
Seventy-Seven
A/N: Crossover ❤️
Seventy-Eight

Sixty-Nine

7.3K 287 132
By natemaloski

Wooow you guys are gonna love me for this chapter. Almost like 2000 words here

Follow me on IG: ohnoits.simone ❤❤
_______________
-Tori POV-

Last nights events replayed in my mind over and over again.

Nate.

I didn't even realize things had taken a toll on him. Of course I still care about him, but I knew I couldn't give in too easily. He had really stepped over a few lines.

But my heart softened.

"Hey." There was a knock on the door that brought me out of my daydream.

I looked up and there stood Sammy with breakfast. Eggs and bacon with French toast. My favorite. He set down the tray on the bed side table.

"Thank you." I smiled as I sat up groggily.

After getting home from Nate, I ended up getting morning sickness. It was so awful that Sammy woke up and stayed up with me. I still felt the wave of disgust pass over me now.

Sammy smiled. "How you feeling?"

I shrugged. "I've never had it this bad so I don't know." I chuckled. "But I feel better than I did earlier this morning."

"Then you don't mind me asking where you went last night." He asked, leaning against the bed post.

Something in his demeanor changed. He seemed more taller and darker, not quite cheerful and jokey as he always is. I couldn't hold the surprise in.

"What do you mean?" I asked dumbly.

Sammy scratched his head. "Who goes out at 2 a.m like that?"

"Sammy - " I began but stopped.

"You didn't even tell me you were heading out." He said bluntly.

"I didn't know I need to?" I said quietly, feeling oddly sick again. "I mean I'm an adult."

"I get that." He shrugged. "But you're pregnant! And leaving so suddenly like your life depends on it. That was pretty impulsive."

"I'm sorry?" I laughed. "I was only gone for a while anyways."

"Where did you go?" Sammy asked quickly.

I sighed. "Does it matter?" I didn't want to mention helping Nate nor think about what happened.

There was a pause. I felt Sammy's eyes burn into me but I kept mine on the breakfast. I fiddled with that fork, trying to look casual but failing.

"You were with Nate?" Sammy asked after a while.

I shrugged. Sammy sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He seemed really frustrated and I didn't know if it was because of me or Nate.

"Look, Nate needed my help because he isn't in a good space so I ended up driving him home from Vibe." I said quickly, wanting to explain. Then feeling annoyed for having to explain.

"At a club? God you went to a club?"

"Whats the big deal! He needed me." I frowned. "What's with the third degree Sammy?"

"Because!" He yelled. "Nates been so awful to you and you're just running around after him. He's an adult Tori, he can handle himself!"

I looked Sammy in the eyes. "You're just saying that because you're in a fight with him."

"I've lost my respect for him! Even though you guys are on a break, he uses it as foothold to act out and drink like a fish! He's out every night but he can't come check on you!"

"Sammy." I exhaled painfully. "He's still human and your best friend."

"And so are you." Sammy pointed. "You need to stop making excuses for him and realize how precious you are."

I didn't know what to say back.

"I know Nate. This is his normal life, all the partying." Sammy shrugged. "You also gotta realize it like the rest of us."

Sammy walked out, not even looking at me again. I couldn't tell if we were in a fight or what.

-Nate POV-

I woke up with a banging headache as the sun filled my room.

My room.

I sat up quickly, half expecting to be passed out on one of the lounges in Vibe club. But I was in my bed - in my own house.

Last night came back in flashes. But one thing in particular struck me - Tori being my rescuer. I was still in awe that she showed up.

She cared. She had to have some feelings left there to have picked up my lame ass at a club at 2 a.m. Nobody in their right kind would do that. Especially with how I've hurt her.

And I remembered how she made sure I was comfortable. I was hella drunk. But I've grown so used to it that I'm still very much aware of what's going on.

God...I missed her. Getting to touch her for a short while sent shivers through my body. I closed my eyes and pictures her beside me again. I missed her.

After letting my mind relax after last night's alcohol, I picked my phone up which was on the nightstand. I'm surprised I hadn't lost it again.

me: thank u for l.n
me: really wanna make it up 2 u
me: I was stupid

I texted Tori. Then immediately regretted it and felt like a real lame because after everything...what was I thinking? She was gonna be willing to open up to me after that episode?

But I got a response.

wifey:  hey don't worry, I understand
wifey: its not biggie

Of course she was still named Wifey in my phone. She still is and will always he my wife. If Tori wanted to leave me for good - I don't know what I would do. I would lose my mind.

me: dinner on me?
me: baby names...

wifey: Nathan...
wifey: can't even say no

me: text u the reservations then

I couldn't believe my luck! The fact that she didn't cuss me out or immediately decline was a step up. I didn't expect the whole forgiveness deal. But at least we were decent.

Or maybe it was the baby names after all.

-Tori POV-

"You know I love mexican." I smiled as Nate opened the restaurant door and let me walk in first.

He chuckled. "We lived on it for about three weeks."

We had just met outside this hip place for dinner. I was so apprehensive. I mean firstly, it was basically a date with Nate - which shouldn't be weird because he's my husband. In a way at least. But secondly, Sammy was under the impression that I'm with Jade.

I didn't know why I had the urge to lie to him. But I did. It felt like he had become my bodyguard and now the protection was too much. I needed some space.

And here I was seeking that with Nate of all people. The anger towards him had mellowed out - don't ask me why since I was pretty hurt. The feeling of being alone still got me pretty good.

And I was glad he mentioned the baby names. Because that was my foothold on seeing him. I didn't know I missed him this much.

Anyways, we sat down and ordered quickly. We always did that so we could talk more. The habits were still there. I even smiled a little when our legs kept touching by accident.

"So names!" I clapped my hands after the waiter brought our drinks. Nate had a beer and I settled for a milkshake.

Nate chuckled. "I'm all for that but can we just talk for a while? Just talk."

"I thought - "

"I do wanna figure names out but I wanna talk. Away from everyone who says something about us. Just you and me. One on one." Nate said carefully. "I won't even hit on you."

I giggled even though I really didn't want to. "Well...you do have a point. Everyone has their input. The fans are buzzing and questioning whether we're divorced yet."

"Are we?" Nate said casually. Like it was as light as a joke but somehow it was too heavy.

I cleared my throat. "Its a space. Space for us both, we both need it."

Nate shrugged. I was glad he didn't push that topic - knowing it was too sensitive for me right now.

"I bet Sammy has a lot to say about me and us." Nate said mockingly.

I shot him a look. "He's your best friend Nate, and he's been very nice - "

"I don't wanna argue about him, Tori, I don't. But this isn't normal and I've never been comfortable with any of it but I can't change your decision."

There was a pause. Nate was tapping his foot under the table.

I sighed. "Sammy and I haven't done anything. Nothing. Not even once. Not the even by accident."

He looked up at me slowly. He didn't say anything but looked at me. Maybe to see if I'm lying.

"I promise." I murmured. "We may be separated - "

"I hate that word." He shook his head.

" - but I will never do that to you. You know that." I said softly.

Nate rubbed his face. "I know! I ain't even blaming you. Its just that...God let's not talk further about this tonight."

"I agree." I said rubbing my stomach. "I just feel exhausted lately. Everyone keeps asking about us and I don't even know about us! Its annoying."

"Well its none of their business." He said with rolling his eyes. "And I just wanna apologize for last night. I was way out of line."

I shrugged. "Its okay. I was just worried about you. Everyone says you're gonna downspiral."

"I was heading that way." Nate nodded slowly. "So close. But when you took me home last night. When you looked at me, I realized that wasn't the life I want to live. I don't wanna be that kind of father to my children. I wanna make you proud and that wasn't even on the radar."

Those words were hitting me.

"I don't expect much change." Nate almost reached for my hand. "But now I just wanna make sure I'm in our kids life. I'm still her papa."

I chuckled. "You still are. That's why I'm here, I wouldn't deprive you of that because whatever I would do...I don't wanna do any of that."

"You're too good for me." Nate shook his head. "Too good."

"Nate." I laughed. "Don't say that."

"Really! You're so understanding even while you're the one hurting. I put you through some shit but you're still here for me. Its too good."

"Nate nothing has changed for me. Just my certainty of our relationship but you know I still lo - "

Nate snapped up and looked at me causing myself to become silent. I know I shouldn't have been afraid to admit because we both love each other. But I guess I didn't know if he still did.

A moment of silence between us. The waiter brought our dinner over which took the strain of the quietness. After he left, Nate sighed deeply.

"You know I still do." He said in a gentle tone. His eyes so dark but so full of light too.

I nodded. "So do I." My heart felt like it was about to explode.

"Enough of this." Nate cleared his throat a little. "Im starving and you said no relationship talk so I respect that. Let's get on with baby names?"

My excitement peeked. "Come at me with girl names!"

Nate chuckled. "I have quite a few."

____________________
I have such a hard time deciding on girl names! I want them all!! I'm getting there though.

What do y'all think about the way things are going between Tori and Nate? I didn't want her to be mad at him forever like in other fanfics! Nor did I want them to just kiss and make up so fast.

I think its pretty rad!

And how about Sammy's 'tude?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 3.7K 52
one night. one club. one girl. one boy.
44.7K 741 18
Don't fall in love with your enemy. ATTENTION: this is a really old book so it might be bad to you or good,,,,,,
201K 4K 32
→ Alyssa had a great life. She has her best friends by her side, she has a caring mother, and her brothers support her through everything. What more...
89.1K 1.3K 59
"Nate Maloley added you to the group at 12:00am"