Of Love, Signs and Logic (Com...

By random_insight

What if aside from being worlds apart, one acts on impulse and believe in signs and the other depends on logi... More

Prologue
1 - The Pluviophiles
2 - Home is Where The Heart Is
2.1 The Choices We Make
3 - Melancholy and....
3.1 Serendipity....Almost
4 - Operation PEACE & QUIET - Day One
5 - Plan B
6 - Face Off
7 - What Now?
Commercial break
8 - Off We Go
9 - The Hills Are Alive
10 - Happy Camperssss
11 - Soliloquy
12 - Unang Hirit
13 - Newbie Hiker
14 - Truce
15 - Small Talks
16 - Wildflowers
17.1 May Something,....
17.2 ...Something Na Yan
19 - Reality Bites
20 - Defensive
21 - The Village
22 - The Banquet
23 - Weh, Di Nga?
24 - Up and About
25 - Getting Even
26 - Unexpected Wisdom
27 - Making Amends
28 - A Quiet Night
29 - The Day After Tomorrow
30 - Rain
Commercial for chapter 30
31 - Questions
32 - One Last Fine Day
33 - Bamboo Scripts
34 - Of Signs
35 - Of Logic
36 - The Reveal
37 - Catching Up
38 - Day Job
39 - He Said, She Said
40 - Princess Anna
41 - I Call You, You Call Me
42 - Roadtrip
43 - Of Sunset and Dawn
44 -Musings
45 - She
46 - Man from Mars, Woman from Venus
47 - Dinner Date?
48 - Akyat ng Ligaw
49 - Day Off
50 - Curveball
51 - Ripples
52 - Of Lemons and Apple Juice
53 - Richard James Faulkerson, Ph.D.
Last Commercial Gap (not an update)
54 - Baby Steps
55 - One Year in the Biz
56 - When It Rains, It Pours
57 - Ex Who?
58 - Time Out
59 - The Journey
60 - Of Love
Epilogue atbp

18 - Homestretch

5.7K 437 56
By random_insight

Photo credit: http://greedypeg.org/e/Mounts-Iglit-Baco-National-Park-Conservation.html

Unknown to them, Wally, Jose and Paolo are on top of the slope they are now climbing, with a clear view as the two make their way up the summit.

Si Wally ang unang nakakita sa dalawa. "Huy, nakikita n'yo ba ang nakikita ko?"

"Oo, nakikita ko ang nakikita mo, puro bundok pa rin. Bakit, may nakikita ka bang building, Wally?"

"Hindi! Tingnan n'yo! Ayan na yung dalawa, ayun o, mukhang nag-uusap na."

"Pag di pa naman sila nag-usap, ewan ko na lang. Eh di napanis pareho laway nila! Tagal kaya ng 4 na oras na magkasabay sila. Malay mo naman, baka nag-aaway na ngayon. May chance diba?" Jose commented as he tried to see the direction Wally is pointing at.

Wally turned to Paolo. "Alam mo, okay ka rin Paolo no? Pinagkatiwala mo agad pinsan mo kay Tisoy namin."

Paolo thought about his reasons for doing so. "Alam n'yo kung may balak kayong gawing masama sa amin, kahapon pa. Saka base naman sa mga sagot n'yo sa mga tanong ko e mukhang harmless naman itong si RJ."

"Ay oo! Sinabi mo pa, may balak yang maging matandang binata sa pagiging conservative at harmless niyan. Tingnan mo naman, 26 na wala pa ring girlfriend, di ba Wally?"

"Ay oo naman, gentleman yang si RJ. Laki kasi sa lola." Wally seconded Jose's remarks.

"Eh yung pinsan mo, kumusta naman? May boyfriend na ba yun?" It was Wally's turn to inquire about Meng.

"Ay sorry, my lips are sealed!"

"Anong lips are sealed? Kanina ka pa eh! Ang hirap mong hulihin. Ang dami na naming nasabing detalye tungkol kay Tisoy, wala man lang kaming makuha sa 'yo kahit katiting!"

"Eh malay n'yo naman, nagtanungan na sila ng ganyang mga impormasyon."

Wally was watching the two all the while they were talking. "Uy, uy, tingnan n'yo, may pag-alalay nang nagaganap o. Parang kinikilig ako!"

Paolo turned to look at the two. And there's his cousin, inaalalayan nga paakyat ni Tisoy, complete with holding hands.

In fairview, mukhang may chemistry, kahit sa malayo. Patay to sa 'kin mamaya. Pero siyempre, deadma muna. Mahirap na, sa amin ang babae. "Ano ba kayo? Siyempre baka mahulog, mataas yung inaakyat nila o!"

"Tama ka diyan Paolo. Kailan ka na nga pinanganak? Kahapon?"

_________________________________

A/N: Back to the magic duo....

"Oh dahan dahan lang hakbang, kumapit ka mabuti. Oooops, huwag kang lilingon! Malulula ka." RJ had to guide Meng as they scramble up the steepest slope of their hike, with incline angle of maybe about 45-50 degrees.

Pretty steep for a novice like her if one is not careful. Although there are protruding rocks where one can step on, one wrong move and down, down you'll go.

"Aminin mo, may galit ka kaya dito mo ako idinaan." she had to hold on to shrubs or rock with one hand while maintaining a tight grip on his hand with the other. Their progress was very slow. Ayaw pa niya mamatay.

"May nakikita ka po bang ibang daanan? Okay, isang step na lang, then we're good. There! That wasn't so bad, is it?" They got to a meter wide flat surface near the upper part of the slope, where they can rest.

"Yes, not bad at puwede mo nang bitawan ang kamay ko. Okay na ko." All the while, she was conscious that he held her hand for a good 2 minutes to assist her while they were climbing. Nasanay ang mokong! Kung totoong kuryente 'to, kanina pa ko patay.

"Ooops, sorry!" immediately releasing her hand. "Upo muna tayo so you can catch your breath. Turn around, slowly, so you'll get used to the height. There, you can sit down now."

Whe she finally settled down with her legs hanging on the slope, she looked across ans seeing where they came from, she suddenly became quiet. She was dwarfed by the sight.

"Breathtaking, isn't it? Alam mo, you're not bad for a first time mountaineer. Because this slope can pass as easy mountain climbing trail instead of just simple hiking."

"So pasado na ko as a beginner? Di na ko istorbo sa plano mo?"

"For the record, hindi ko sinabing istorbo ka. I said there are complications, that's different. And don't expect anymore compliments. Just be proud of your accomplishment. Look, doon tayo nanggaling when we started hiking." He pointed what looked like dots far into the horizon of mountain ranges.

She became more speechless when she saw the direction he's pointing at. Looking at the mountain ranges from this height with the clouds so near you could almost touch them, she felt awe at the majestic sight. She held her breath and closed her eyes, savoring the moment and felt deep satisfaction at her feat. Not bad, not bad indeed!

"So tama pala pag sinasabing, 'ilang bundok ang aakyatin', because it's a moutain range." she commented when she opened her eyes.

They settled on a companionable silence, she enjoying the view while he, stealing glances at her, seems to be deep in thought.

"Oh hindi ka na nakapagsalita, hindi ka ba makapaniwala na nakaya mo?" He commented after awhile.

"Now I understand what you mean by using small talk as distraction. I never imagined na ganyang kalayo ang nilakad natin. I feel so dwarfed! Salamat!"

"Salamat saan?" he said, a little bit surprised by the sincere gratiture he detected from her voice.

"Thank you for allowing us to come with you. Thank you sa tent and sleeping bag. Thank you for this experience kahit feeling ko di ko na mauulit. Thank you for bearing up with me. I swear I'll never forget this for as long as I live. Thank you."

He felt himself blushing with her words, his confusion increasing at what he's feeling right now so he tried to dismiss it. "May isang linggo ka pa, baka magbago isip mo pag nakita mo condition sa pupuntahan nating village."

"Kaya nga nagte-thank you na ko eh bago kita isumpa mamaya!" And they both burst out laughing.

Then he seemed to recover and turned serious. "Tara na? Masyado nang nag-eenoy audience natin."

"Ha? Anong ibig mong sabihin na audience? Sino?" she asked trying to look behind.

"6 o'clock, sa may nag-iisang puno on top, there are three stooges watching. Ingat paglingon, baka ma-outbalance ka."

She carefully twisted her body so she could turn around and look up, while holding on to his arm. Her frown turned into a wide smile. "Sila kuya Poch?"

She waived her arms to them. Not satisfied, she suddenly stood up and faced the three, jumping in joy at seeing them that she almost lost her balance. Good thing RJ was quick to steady her.

"Hey, easy! Hindi na ilog babagsakan mo dito, bangin na. At ako magiging primary suspect."

Little did they realize the image they are projecting AGAIN - with his arm around her waist to stop her from getting close to the edge and she holding on to his arms for support. Replay na yata ito.

"Are you always this clumsy?" this time, he was the first one who let go.

"Sorry naman, just excited to see them again. Tara?" She said smiling widely, not realizing her effect on him.

He needs to put a stop to this. Their trek is almost over, there's no use in prolonging his inner conflict. It will probably hurt her but he has to do what he has to do.

And so he delivered his cou'p the grace.

Taking a deep breath, he told her with all the seriousness he could muster. "So, we're almost there..... By the way, about the truce? It's up to you whether you want to end it or not. I don't care."

A/N: Ouch!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 1.4K 13
contains only 5 chapters
109K 5.7K 38
Hindi siya nagbibinata. Hindi rin nagdadalaga. NAGBIBINAKLA! Rank 88 in Gen Fiction - Dec 20, 2017 Rank 171 in Gen Fiction - Oct 2, 2017 Rank 146...
81K 4.8K 75
Rank 1 in #mainemendoza #dei #maiden #richardfaulkerson #patricia Isang norma...