My Unlikely Best Friend

By Gigi_washere

Dawn Smith was very bright and always managed to put smiles on anyone's face. Unfortunately, all that changed... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Important news!!!
Jesus And The Lost Sheep
New Book Update

Chapter 26

700 88 156
By Gigi_washere

Megumi's  P O V

"We've only been friends for a week, so I wouldn't exactly describe you as my best friend." I said, sounding offended. She turned around. "And if it was actually my intention to plan this whole thing," I said pointing at her in a circular motion. "Then you'd wish that you had never been born."

"Oh," she said, desperately fighting her tears.

"No...um, I didn't mean..."

"Whatever, forget it," she said angrily wiping her eyes. "You meant exactly that."

"No...I..."

"We're not friends anymore. I...I hate you!" She spat, letting go of her friend's hand and began to run away down the hall, crying.

"Dawn! Dawn wait, come back," I called out to her, but she kept on running. "I didn't mean what I said!"

Guilt and regret began to make it's way into my consciousness and pushed me to go after her and make things right. Although, before I even ran ten feet, her friend called out to me.

"Wait," he said, causing me to slow down.

"What?" I asked hurriedly, turning around.

He walked up to me, so that he wouldn't have to shout. It didn't take me long before I noticed his extremely white hoodie and good looks, but the thing that stood out to me the most was his blue eyes. They were so deep that you could just drown in them. I had never seen anyone else's eyes with the shade of blue he had. It was so uniquely beautiful.

"I...I just think that maybe you should give Dawn some time to cool off," he said softly, waking me from my thoughts. "She's very... angry right now."

"Well, duh, obviously," I accidentally let a little attitude slip out and I immediately regretted it. "Do you know what happened to her?" I asked lowly.

He put his hands in his pockets and sighed deeply, then said, "She was getting bullied in the cafeteria by this kid named Jordon and by a girl, I think her name was...Nahiomy..."

"Woah, wait a minute," I said interrupting him. "A girl named Nahiomy was messing with her? Like are you sure?" I was hanging on to a little hope that he was mistaken, because she's Nahiomy, she wouldn't do something like that... right?

"Yes, I'm sure. She said some things... that made her cry."

"What things did she say?"

"Well, one thing she called her was Bloody Girl, because she said she had a major nose bleed in first period."

I was dumbfounded. "Oh my freaking God, I can't believe this. I can't believe this!" I started to get furious at the thought of Dawn getting bullied by her. "Was she the one that dumped all that food on her?"

"No, someone named Jordon did that..."

"Agh, that idiot!" I said madly, cutting him off again. I then quickly turned my foot and began to walk toward the cafeteria to set all of them straight. If Nahiomy really planned to hurt Dawn, the way she did, then I'll make sure to slap that witch so hard that she'll go flyin to Barbados!

Although, as I was speed walking away, the boy with the dazzling white hoodie gently grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"Promise me that you won't make things worse." His eyes were pleading.

I swallowed hard, because I was so nervous. He was looking directly into my hazel eyes, burning my soul with the light from his. My Lord, that boy is so fine! Dawn needa hook me up. Mmmh....

Megumi, stop it! Make things right, then fantasize later.

I lightly shook my head, then said, "O...Okay, I promise."

He released my arm smiling, although I did not mind at all that his large hands were wrapped around my arm. I wish he kept it there longer.

"Good," he said, then slowly started to back up and turn around.

"Wait," I said before he got too far. "What's your name?"

He stopped and turned around. "I'm the boy with many mysteries," he said staring at me for a moment, then ran to were Dawn had went.

I wanted to follow him and you know... get his number, but I had some business to take care of. Maybe next time.

After I had made it to the front of the cafeteria, I took a deep breath to calm down before I opened the door, because just five seconds ago I was hotter than hell itself. So don't try to mess with me.

When I pushed the door open, I couldn't help but to get angry all over again, because I saw her and Alexa laughing about something.

As I slowly walked closer to their table I heard Danitza and Justin arguing.

"Dani, I didn't know you were like that, how could you be a part of this scheme?!"

"Did you hear me say anything to the priss? No, exactly!"

"Well yeah, but you and Nahiomy did try and frame Megumi with your frickin text messages. Like what the...."

"Agh, oh my God," she said cutting him off. "It doesn't matter anymore, it's in the freaking past!"

He stared at her, straining his eyes a bit. "It's in the past? Oh, am I just suddenly supposed to be okay with something because it's in the past? Is that what you think?!" He asked angrily but got no reply from her. "My God, you're impossible."

He stood up in a haste, not having anything else to say to her, but then she quickly grabbed his arm.

"Where the heck do you think you're going?"

"I need some space," he said coldly. "Let go."

"No, sit back down," she demanded, pulling on his arm.

"I said let go!" He yanked his arm away from her, then grabbed his bag from the floor and began to walk away.

Danitza stood up with hurt written on her face. "Baby, wait I'm sorry! I just..."

He turned around heated and pointed at her with an accusing finger. "Don't call me that!" He yelled at her, causing a few people to stare at him.

"Come on Justin, give Dani a break..." Nahiomy said, trying to defend her friend.

"Hey, you shut up! I wasn't talking to you, Priscilla," he said and a few people laughed, making her a little uncomfortable. "Like I said before, I didn't expect this from any of you. Little did I know that you guys were such philistines." With that he turned his foot and then left.

Danitza quickly got her bag and went after him. It was then that Nahiomy spotted me as I got closer. I kept walking until I was standing about five feet across from her. A long brown lunch table was in between us.

"What?" She said, after a moment of me staring at her with bitterness in my eyes.

"Don't 'what' me, you know exactly why I'm lookin at you like this."

"What do you mean?" She asked, trying to sound coy.

"Bruh, don't be frickin playin with me. I'm in no mood for games right now," I said while balling a fist and pounding it into my other hand. "Did you lie to Dawn and tell her that I helped y'all sorry butts in planning to dump food on her, bully her or some crap like that?" I asked, but she gave no answer. "Girl, you better open your mouth..." I said through gritted teeth.

She rolled her eyes, then sighed deeply. "Alright!" She finally said. "Yes, I framed you..."

"Oh my God," I said frustratingly, cutting her off. "Why, why the heck would you do that?! What has she ever done to you?"

"It doesn't matter," she said in a careless attitude. "And anyways I did you a favor, she probably hates you right now."

"How is that doing me a favor? It's the exact opposite!" I scolded.

"Well, she would only bring you down. I mean look at you, why would a beautiful girl like you, wanna hang out with her? Like..."

"First of all, Dawn is beautiful too," I said, attempting to sounding like Donald Trump. "So if you were trying to insult her, please do it accurately. Second, what's wrong with you? Why do you hate her, is it because she has to drag an oxygen tank to school? If that's the reason, then you're pretty low. It's not her fault that she's sick!"

"Well, sick people should go to a sick people school, so they won't infect the healthy, you know."

I stared at her for a moment, in shock. "Wow, I knew you had attitude and all, but I didn't know that you were such a b..."

"Agh," she said interrupting me.  "You've been friends with her for barely a week, why do you care so much? I don't get..."

"Because that's what real friends do," I said looking at her dead in the eye. "And I'd choose her over you, your friends or over the chance of joining your little DNA group."

"Oh?"

"Oh yes, Mama Sita," I said giving her attitude.

"You're making a huge mistake..." she said grinding her teeth.

"No, I made the mistake with actually almost choosing you pussy cats over my friend, my best friend," I said then she snarled at me.

"Whatever, your loss. Now shoo, get away from us," she said, like I was some kind of fly.

I briskly searched through my bag and found the charm bracelet that Nahiomy had got me, as a sign of our 'friendship'.

"Here," I said, and ripped it in half, then threw it in her face. "Keep the change," I said, turning around.

Before I even took three steps away from them, I felt something warm and sticky hit the back of my neck.

It was teriyaki chicken.

I grabbed the chicken from my neck, then turned around and strongly threw it at Alexa. Why? Because I knew Nahiomy was way too 'Up There' to get her hands dirty and Danitza wasn't here so...yeah.

As I went up to her she called me a rude name, but I just laughed. She then stood up from her seat, leaning forward with one hand on the table, trying to get in my face and I did the same.

"Hey, Alexa," I said smirking. "Those booty shorts look way to tight for you and refuse to really cover anything up, so why don't you just slip into something more comfortable...like a coma?"

"Haha, really funny. Not."

"Oh, then... maybe MY FIST might break your funny bone!" I said then flew from across the table, tackling her.

I got on top of her and began to punch her and smear rice and chicken that fell to the floor on her face. She pulled my curly bun and dug her bony knuckles into my left temple, hard, making the world ring and my vision a bit blurred. Although it hurt real bad I kept going, I kept fighting. They gotta know not to mess with me.

Before things got even worse, some kid went and told a few security guards that there was a fight going on in the cafeteria. So with no time wasted they came and had to separate us with brute force, because neither of us wanted to stop.

When I looked up at everyone, almost all of them had their phones out recording.

This was...this was a new low.

***

The sixth period bell had already rung and Alexa and I were in the front office with a security guard standing in between us.

I looked up, bored of staring at the floor and immediately I saw Dawn and her hott friend walking side by side. They were walking in the direction of the exit. Why?

Chills filled my spine when the boy with many mysteries looked directly into my eyes. They were filled with disappointment. How did he know I was looking at him?

I quickly looked away, ashamed, then I looked back, but when I did they were gone... they had disappeared.

Dawn's   P O V

I was so happy that I had packed and extra shirt in my backpack. I was incase I had a nose bleed, but I guess it works for being bullied too. I also put my hair in two braids, because it was a chaotic mess. 

As we were walking down the hall, toward the exit, I noticed Adam's head was turned. He seemed to be looking at something with a sad face. I turned in the direction he was facing, but didn't really know what exactly he was lookng at.

"What are you looking at?" I asked.

"Hmm," he hummed, turning to me. "Oh, nothing."

He smiled down at me, reassuringly and I did the same, but I sad smiled. Knowing that he'll probably never be mine. I lowered my gaze and saw how close our hands were and it just killed me.

When I looked up I saw a security gaurd standing in the hallway and a thought came to me. "Adam," I said. "Won't the security gaurd over there see us if we leave the school?"

He looked to where the guard was, then said, "Yeah, but..."

"I...I think this was a very bad idea..."

He gently grabbed my hand, catching me way off guard... I mean waaay off gaurd. I had to try so hard not to scream for excitement and honestly, I'm not exaggerating, but I literally felt electricity flow through my arm when he touched me. It didn't hurt at all, it actually felt pretty nice.

"Relax Dawn, he won't notice us," he said calmly.

"B...but he's right there. Are you sure?" I asked, apprehensively.

"I'm positive."

I glanced at Adam for a second, then said, "Okay," trusting him. Has he ever steered me wrong?

With every step, I grew more nervous, there wasn't that much kids around. The hall way was basically almost empty, so I just knew that we were going to get caught, by trying to ditch school.

Although, when we walked right in front of him, he didn't seem to pay any mind to us at all. He looked right through us like we weren't even there. It completely struck me dumbfounded.

When Adam and I made it to the teen parking lot, we had already past a few more security guards.

Wow, I never realized how clueless these people were. They should really get fired...

He released my hand once we made it to his car, which had a faded red color and was a bit beat up. Is he... poor? No wait, if he was, then he wouldn't just have randomly given a two hundred dollar tip away to that waitress the other day. This is the twenty first century.

After we had buckled ourselves and Adam started the car, I turned on the radio and then put it to my favorite station.

He looked at me for a second and smiled. "What the heck is this?" He asked playfully.

I looked at him with my mouth touching Abe Lincoln's grave. "Don't tell me that you don't know who's singing," I said and he shrugged.

"Not a clue."

"Guess." I raised the volume.

He sighed annoyingly, "Uhm...Lady Gaga, I don't know," he said and I bursted out laughing. "What's so funny?"

"You, because I can't believe you think the person singing is freaking Lady Gaga!" I said still laughing. I took deep breathes, trying to stop because it hurt to laugh, but oh my gosh it was just so funny.

"Who is it then? Who's singing?" He asked.

Finally regaining my composure, I replied, "It's Beyonce." He made and O shape with is mouth and realized how wrong he was. "They don't even sound the same."

"Well, I don't really listen to them, they don't fit my high standard taste in music."

"Oh?" I asked and he lighly chuckled. "Then what is your type of music? Straight hymns?" I joked.

"Let me show you," he said, side smiling, then turned the radio to a different station.

I sighed, "Pfft, whatever. My music is still gonna be better though."

"We'll see."

***

After about seven minutes, we finally made it to the carnival. It was kinda hard for Adam to find a parking spot, because the place was packed.

Eventually, he found a good spot in the back and parked. As I got out of the car, there was an uncontainable excitement within me that I just could not hide. The sights of all the colorful rides that lit up, the people and the adorable children having fun just brought a bright smile to my face. I'm so happy that Adam thought of this.

The only ride that we went on was the merry-go-round, because it was gentle and safe. I was afraid that if I were to go on the other rides it would cause me to go unconscious. They looked a bit too violent for me, like The Screamer.

When we were done with the ride, we decided to walk around and enjoy all the different sights, sounds, and smells. Mmm, these people know how to fry chicken, the smell almost got me to drool.

As we were walking, Adam just suddenly stoped in his tracks and looks in a certain direction. I also stop, then looked to where he was looking. I shortly realized that he was staring at an ice cream stand.

"Hey Dawn, what...what is that?" He asked, pointing at an ice cream sign.

"That? That's ice cream," I answered.

Confused, he asked, "Ice...cream...? How can ice become cream? That's impossible!"

I giggled. "You're funny. C'mon let's go get some," I said happily.

He swallowed, then said, "O...Okay," he said and then we began to head in the direction of the stand.

There was only a few people in front of us, so it didn't take long for us to get to the front.

"What would you like miss?" The ice cream man asked smiling, with a mild southern accent.

"Umm," I said, still examining all the different ice creams. "Can I have cookies and cream, please?"

"Aw, sorry darlin, but we just ran out," he said apologetically.

"Oh, it's okay," I said a little disappointed, because that was my favorite ice cream. "Mmm, what about the vanilla with the strawberry syrup?"

"Yep, I'll get that goin for you right now." While writing my order on a notepad, he glanced at Adam for a second and asked, "And what about you young man, what would you like?"

"Umm," he said seeming unsure. "I'll...I'll just have whatever she's having."

"Alright, gotcha. It'll be ready in a minute." He said and as promised, it didn't take very long for our order to be finished. I was filled with such delight when the man handed me my ice cream.

"Uhh, young man," he said as he was giving Adam his cone. "Your eye...it's, uh, it's a bit bruised..."

He swallowed, then said, "O...oh yeah..."

"What happened," he asked suspiciously, cutting him off. Probably wondering why we're not at school.

"Uhm, it's not a big deal. It's just that when I was at school this kid punched me square in the face..."

"Adam, shh!" I whisper yelled and he looked at me sideways, confused.

"Wha..."

"Bye, thank you sir for the ice cream!" I said hurriedly, then pulled Adam away quickly. "Why did you tell him that? You should've just told him that you ran into a wall... or something."

"But that would be lying," he said innocently.

Agh...if only he weren't so freaking cute...

I sighed, then said, "Never mind."
We then found ourselves a good table to sit and eat our delicious deserts at peace. I wasted no time at all digging in. The strawberry syrup perfectly complimented the taste of the vanilla ice cream. Oh my gosh, every bite just gave me pleasure.

As I was enjoying my mouth watering snack, I looked over at Adam and noticed that he hasn't even started on his. He didn't even seem that into it.

"Adam, how come you haven't started yet? This so freaking good! It's like aliens had made it," I said, not slowing down one bit.

"Well, it's just that..."

I stopped destroying my ice cream for a second and looked up at him. "What?"

He sighed, then said, "It's just that...I never had ice cream before..."

What the flebberhead crap?!

------------------------

Hey guys, I hope that this wasn't too long or that the second part of the chapter wasn't boring for you guys.

Also, please don't forget to tap that vote button and share with your friends.

Comment down below what you guys thought of the chapter.

Could Megumi have dealt with the situation with Alexa and Nahiomy in a better way? Or did she deal with it perfectly?

And what's your favorite ice cream?!

~Gigi~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.2K 721 41
They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you. And that's what he brought me, Heaven. We were terribly perfect for each othe...
6K 235 15
Daniel Johnson used to have a pretty good life for a sixteen year old. He had plenty of friends at school, he got semi good grades in his classes, he...
2.3K 82 52
He left me broken and I was left to mend the pieces together but not every shattered glass stays together if it's broken more than once. . . . I...
789 141 20
Shanté: You were in her room, Jonathan! Jonathan: Ok, ok, I understand that but- Shanté: No, just shut up, ok! You hurt me. Badly. And- Jonathan: You...