Angel With a Crossbow (Daryl...

Por Staceeeeers

Más

Angel With a Crossbow (Daryl Dixon Fanfiction.)
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty One.
Chapter Twenty Two.
Chapter Twenty Three.
Chapter Twenty Four.
Chapter Twenty Five.
Chapter Twenty Six.
Chapter Twenty Seven.
Chapter Twenty Eight.
Chapter Twenty Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty One.
Chapter Thirty Two.
Chapter Thirty Three.
Chapter Thirty Four.
Chapter Thirty Five.
Chapter Thirty Seven.
Chapter Thirty Eight.
Chapter Thirty Nine.
Chapter Forty.
Chapter Forty One.
Chapter Forty Two.
Chapter Forty Three.
Chapter Forty Four.
Chapter Forty Five.
Chapter Forty Six.
Chapter Forty Seven.
Chapter Forty Eight.
Chapter Forty Nine.
Chapter Fifty.
Chapter Fifty One.
Chapter Fifty Two.
Chapter Fifty Three.
Chapter Fifty Four.
Chapter Fifty Five.
Chapter Fifty Six.
Chapter Fifty Seven.
Chapter Fifty Eight.
Chapter Fifty Nine.
Chapter Sixty.
Epilogue.

Chapter Thirty Six.

11.8K 274 58
Por Staceeeeers

Over 11,000 reads! Thank you so much! 

Hope you all enjoy the chapter! 

-Stacey xxx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Daryl's POV*

I chewed on my thumb as Hershel took Lily's temperature two days later.

"Well?" I asked, waiting anxiously by the door.

Rick was stood by me, watching the older man too.

"Well her temperature has continued to fall. It's back to normal." he informed us.

I exhaled in relief, "Does that mean she's going to be okay?"

Hershel took his gloves off, "It seems she might be. But I really think she should rest some more." he glanced in my direction, "That means you too Daryl. You're not doing yourself any favours waiting around like this."

I shook my head, "I'm not leaving her. What if she wakes up and no one's here? She might think we've all abandoned her."

Hershel looked to Rick, who shrugged, "He's made his mind up."

I was somewhat glad that he was siding with me.

Hershel finally nodded and picked up his things, "Call me if you need me."

I went over to Lily's side again, where I had spent a lot of my time over the past two days. The good news was that she's getting better.

Lily suddenly let out a snort in her sleep and rolled over.

I stroked her hair and smiled softly as her eyes fluttered open.

"What's going on?" she murmured.

"You're getting better." I whispered, "The fever's gone down."

Her eyes lit up and she slowly sat, "Really?"

I nodded, "Yep. Hershel said so."

She smiled, running her hand over her face, "I'm glad you didn't listen to me the other night."

I couldn't help but press a kiss to the back of her hand as she watched me silently.

She raised her hand and gently traced the dark circles that were under my eyes, "When was the last time you got any decent sleep? You look so tired."

I shrugged, "That doesn't matter. What matters is you getting better."

Lily gripped my forearm and gently tugged me onto the bed beside her, "Lie with me."

I happily moved over onto the bed, resting my head on the flat pillow and she leant up on her elbow so she was hovering over me.

"Go to sleep." she whispered, gently rubbing my cheek with her soft thumb.

I let myself sink into the soft matress, letting her gentle touch relax me further. I was slowly drifting off when I felt Lily lay back down beside me, her head resting on my arm.

I found it strange how the tables had turned. I was supposed to be the one making sure she got enough rest but instead, she was taking care of me...and I had to admit, it felt nice. 

************************

I must have slept for a good few hours and when I woke, Lily was still curled up beside me.

Taking a glance out the window, I saw that the sun was high in the sky meaning it must have been sometime in the afternoon.

I looked down at the sleeping woman just in time to see her eyes flutter open.

"Hi." she breathed, rolling over to get up from the bed.

"Where ye goin'?" I yawned, watching her carefully as she stood up.

Her hand was hovering over the dresser that was by the bed just in case she needed it to steady herself. She took a few deep breaths before turning to me, a smile on her face, "We are going downstairs. Since I'm feeling better, I don't want to stay in that bed a minute longer."

I chewed on my bottom lip, "Are you sure? Hershel says you need some more rest."

She gave me a pointed look, "Daryl, please. If it was you in this position I wouldn't try and stop you."

I sighed, accepting that she wasn't going to change her mind and got off the bed, following her to the door.

We took them slowly, Lily being hit with a sudden wave of nausea which made her grip the railing of the stairs tightly.

"I'm not used to standing up..." she laughed weakly.

I squeezed her shoulder and continued to follow her, watching her like a hawk.

"Lily!" Beth and Carl exclaimed as soon as we came in, alerting everyone to the fact that she was up and about. The two teens came rushing over to us, almost crashing into Lily.

"Carl," Rick warned, approaching us while staring at his son, "I told you that you would have to be gentle with her." he then looked to Lily, "How are you feeling? Gave us all a bit of a scare."

She shrugged, "A lot better. Not one hundred percent but I'll live."

Rick's lips quirked into a smile and he nodded, "You look a hell of a lot better than you did two days ago."

He then returned back to where Maggie and Sasha were bent over a map when we came in.

Lily glanced at me and shrugged, following him over to the table, "What're you guys doing?"

Rick scratched the back of his neck, looking down at her, "We're running low on food. Really low. We really need to go out and find some."

Lily nodded and sat down on one of the seats, "Have those houses we stayed in for a couple of nights not got food? Cause I remember that we didn't manage to take all of it. We didnt have enough room."

Glenn nodded along with her, "She's right. We should go back there. At least it's a start."

Lily's smile brightened and it looked as if she was going to cry.

Both Glenn and Maggie had apologised for their behaviour and now everything looked like all the arguing that we had all done was forgotten.

"We take everything we can." Lily said quietly.

Rick rubbed his hands together, "That settles that. Gather your things, we'll go now." 

*Lily's POV*

I was eager to finally get out this place. It felt so good to be able to get up and stretch my legs after what felt like two weeks lying down.

Of course, once Rick clocked eyes on me, he took the excitement away, "I think it's best if you sit this one out. You stay here with Beth, Carl and Judith."

I let out a whine and slumped back down into the seat I was previously sitting on, "Fine." Of course, he was right not to want me to come. I could take a funny turn at any point. Maybe even pass out.

I watched as everyone scrambled to get their weapons together, the two teens coming to sit by me, Beth holding Judith, their faces filled with curiousity.

Daryl leaned down and pressed a kiss to my hair, "We'll be as quick as we can."

I waved a hand, "Take as long as you need. These two can keep me company."

He gave a quick nod and followed Glenn out of the door.

A few minutes after they had gone, the two of them turned to me.

"What do you think happened to you?" Beth asked quietly. I shrugged, "I don't know. I wish I did."

Carl messed about with the corner of the map before he suddenly perked up, "Maybe it was a cure! Or like a vaccination!"

Both Beth and I glanced at each other before I shook my head, "No, I don't think so. I mean, why would they waste a potential cure on me?"

He huffed, "But what if it was?!"

Beth brushed some hair from Judith's forehead, "Even if it was a cure we have no way of knowing. It's not as if anyone's going to let her go out and get bitten. Not on a hunch anyway."

She was right. Even if  did want to test Carl's theory -which at the moment I didn't-  I'd have a hard time attempting to convince anyone to let me do so.

Beth and Carl spent the rest of the time we had filling me in on the uneventful days that I had missed until the others returned. 

***************************

They returned to the house just before the clouds opened, bringing in boxes upon boxes of food.

Sasha and I managed to whip up a pretty tasty broth type thing for dinner which everyone seemed to enjoy.

Daryl had taken his food up into the tower so he could take his shift on watch, so I decided to go sit with him.

Since the tower was five storey's, it took a lot more out of me compared to just walking up to the bedrooms. So when I got to the top of the tower, I was slightly breathless.

Daryl looked up from his food as I came stumbling through the door, quickly placing his bowl down on the desk he was sitting on, "Are ye' okay?"

I nodded, leaning against the wall, "Yeah. Just give me a minute."

He beckoned me over, "C'mon. Sit down."

I done as he said and grabbed an office chair, wheeling it so I was sitting by him.

We sat quietly, listening to the rain that was battering down on the windows.

I bit down on my lip as I took in Daryl's appearance. He was chewing on his thumbnail as usual, his dark hair falling into his eyes.

Slowly, I got up and sat down on the desk beside him.

"What're ye' doin'?" he whispered as I sat in front of him, crossing my legs.

"Just wanted to look at you." I replied honestly.

He gave me a weird look, "Creep."

I shrugged, leaning in slightly, a dopey smile making its way onto my face, "Your creep."

His lips quirked upwards and he raised his hand to cup my face, "Yeh. Yer my girl."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

298K 5.3K 37
It's hard to survive a world where everything wants to kill you. Every corner you turn, every decision you make, and every breath taken. There's alw...
11.6K 237 95
Just a bunch of Daryl Dixon one-shots for your entertainment, enjoy!
78 1 13
Surviving. That's all anyone can do