But, Shes my Best Friend (Ash...

By xxHxxx

Zoë and Ashton have been friends since 3rd grade. He's never realised he's had a crush on his best friend unt... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Authors Update *Important*

Chapter 36

7.5K 135 1
By xxHxxx

I needed to find Calum who was hopefully sober enough to drive me home. I found Chloe siting alone at the kitchen counter as few people entered and left the room once they got what they were looking for. It surprised me how much alcohol they had stored up in this house.

"Have you seem Calum?" I asked.

"No, why?" She sat up, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing I shook my head, I grabbed Chloe's cup and finished the last of her drink.

"The hell Ashton" her facial features changed and she looked angry now.

"Sorry" I shrugged. I walked away from Chloe figuring she was no help at all. Calum was my only hope home if not I'd have to wait till next morning. Bodies pushed past me each of them knowing exactly where they were going. I decided to go outside and get away from this headache of a party. It was nice outside, and no one was really out here which was nicer.

I sat at the edge of the driveway. As I looked up at the sky I realized me, Calum, Zoe, and Chloe were all going to the same place. I groaned letting my head hit the hard ground of grass. I looked up at the starry summer sky. While Trying to find constellations it took my mind off everything.

"Hey, are you ok?" A voice called, followed by the faint slam of the door.

"Hmm" is all I managed to mumble.

"Do you mind if I join you out here?" It was a female.

I made some humming noise, it was like my mouth wasn't able to open anymore. My eyes stayed locked on the sky. It looked as if someone painted it and hung it up so the whole world could see. It was so beautiful. The girl sat beside me. I couldn't see her face but she was sitting with her legs up to her chest and arms wrapped around her calfs. She was wearing a shirt 5 sizes to big and leggings.

"The party got to much for you too huh?" She asked. Her voice was soothing to hear, like someone that could go on for hours and I'd never get annoyed by. Clearly the alcohol fully kicked in.

"Sure"

"Like I wanted to come, but I didn't know girls from this side of town where so slutty and annoying" She spoke.

"Your from the other side?" I asked her, trying to tilt my head to see her face. But unfortunately her haired covered what I would be able to see of her face.

"Yeah I got dragged here by my cousin" She sighed, "what about you, what's your excuse?"

"The girl I love won't love me" my voice cracked.

"That sucks, how long have you liked her?"

"Just recently,"

"Love sucks" She tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Tell me about it" I groaned, "I actually thought if I told her she would feel something toward me but instead she thought I was joking and told me she couldn't feel the same way"

It was silly thinking I could've gotten away from thinking about Zoe but she always finds her way into my head. I will never be able to stop thinking about her. I thought going outside would help me get her out but this fucking stranger comes along and everything spills out of my mouth and I can't control it.

.ZOES POV.

A guilty feeling spread throughout my body. I felt bad saying that to Ashton. But I meant it, at least I thought I did. He was drunk anyway he didn't know exactly what he was saying.

"Hey" Calum joined stood next to me as I watched a game of beer pong.

"Hi" my voice sounded monotone, hopefully he wouldn't notice it.

"What's up?"

"I just told my best friend I couldn't love him, after his drunk self told me he loved me"

"Are you serious?"

I nodded. I was halfway done with my water, and I made a deal with myself that by the time I get done with this water I leave. The only problem was I didn't have a ride.

"What about you?" Neither of us made eye contact we kept our eyes locked on the game.

"It's too personal" Calum shook his head.

"What do you mean too personal, I tell you a whole bunch of personal shit!" This time I looked directly into his eyes.

"Me and Karla kind of..." His voice trailed off.

"Oh"

"Yeah"

"So where is Karla now?" I asked him focusing back to the game. I never really understood how to play the game. But it seemed pretty fun, from my point of view at least. I watched some people leave their spot where they were watching the two, teams you could call them I guess, play.

"She's in the room, she said she need sometime to think" he shrugged.

"She's not a virgin is she?" I asked worriedly.

"No, I made sure" he laughed.

"So do you know what she's thinking about?"

Calum shrugged, "I should go check on her make sure everything's alright"

He gave me a charming smile before heading into the crowd of bodies. I felt someone grab my hand, I turned around to see Luke.

"Can we talk outside for a moment?" He asked me, and I nodded in reply. He lead me outside to the patio, and gestured me to sit down.

I got comfortable in my chair and so did he. He didn't look to happy, but he didn't look mad either. He looked emotionless almost.

Luke sighed, "Look Zoe,"

Oh God.

"It's not that I don't like, but I'm kinda going through some stuff and I sorta just got out of a really bad relationship" He paused, "Is it ok if we remaind friends for a while, I really do like you I just can't do this..."

I tilted my head back to look up at the sky, and took a deep breath.

"I'm really sorry" he said.

I shut my eyes, I could hear my heart beating. My stomach had dropped and I had a queasy feeling. I felt incredibly stupid.

"You're not mad are you?" He sounded a bit worried.

"I'm fine" I didn't look at him, I just kept my eyes shut.

I heard him get up and then a door shut, he was gone. I felt so embarrassed and stupid. So those dates, and those kisses were nothing to him. He lead me on, he had me believing he liked me and then he just went ahead and told me we could only stay friends.

"For a while" his words repeated in my head.

This literally couldn't be happening, I'm so embarrassed for everything and anything.

"Zoe are you ok?" Chloe's familiar voice broke the silence.

"I'm fine" I said again, but it almost sounded like a whisper.

"I just saw Luke leaving, did you guys get in a fight?"

"Did he tell you?" Her voice lowered.

"Tell me what?" My eyes shot opened, and my head turned to face her.

"Well when you were talking to Calum, Luke pulled me over and we began talking," She sat where Luke was previously sitting.

"The conversation quickly changed, and he told me he felt pressured to like you and go out with you"

"Pressured by who?" I spoke.

"Michael and a few other people I can't remember"

Why would he feel that way? Why couldn't he just say he didn't like me, instead of making some bullshit excuse. I felt like I was gonna throw up. I also felt angry, I wanted to scream and punch Luke.

"Are you ok?"

"Obviously not" I shut my eyes again, "it's not so much sadness, it's more anger and embarrassment"

"Is Michael still here?" I asked Chloe.

"Yeah, why?"

"Just wondering"

"Dont worry Zoe, he wasn't worth it anyway" Chloe sad sympathicaly, "why don't we go back home and just eat ice cream until we're numb"

We both laughed at the idea.

She was right he wasn't worth it. We weren't even dating for me to feel sad about it. But like I told Chloe, I was just angry and embarassed.

"Or, why don't we go inside and drink till we pass out?" I suggested, Chloe eyes were filled with happiness, you could easily tell. She seemed happy I wasnt so pissed off at her. And maybe I wasn't or maybe I was too angry with Luke to even bother being angry at her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

525K 11.4K 72
in which a girl tries to get noticed by ashton irwin on instagram. [top rank: #2 in fanfiction , #5 in 5sos]
3.4K 404 39
Spending the summer with your boyfriend should be fun but not when your relationship is a secret. Best friends katie and grace spend their summer wi...
158K 3.5K 26
"I don't understand why you don't just tell him." "Because why would a boy like him ever love a girl like me?" Calum and Elizabeth have been the best...
1.7M 65.1K 36
Michael is looking for a new start and a way to manage his anger issues when he moves back to Sydney, leaving his mum behind, and moves in with his f...