My Unlikely Best Friend

By Gigi_washere

Dawn Smith was very bright and always managed to put smiles on anyone's face. Unfortunately, all that changed... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Important news!!!
Jesus And The Lost Sheep
New Book Update

Chapter 17

777 106 103
By Gigi_washere

"Why are you putting the bottle back down?" The voice echoed in my mind, sounding seductive and feminine.

"It's not worth it," I simply thought back.

"You have a slow and painful death ahead of you. Would you not want to die peacefully in your bed, under your covers?"

"I do, but i'm scared that i'm not making the right choice," I said honestly.

"Do not worry, child, this would actually be the best decision you would ever make in your whole pitiful life. I promise i'll make your death nice and quick for you."

I looked at the bottle and thought for a moment. "Why should I even trust you?" I questioned. "Who are you anyways?"

"Call me, Sue. And why should you trust me? Well, child, i'm your friend. And i'm only here to help you make the right choices, nothing more nothing less." When I didn't answer, it continued, "I mean like, nobody likes you anyways. Not even your own mother, you are like a sword in her spine." The voice slightly hissed.

I thought about what it had said and believed it. "You're right aren't you?"

"Yes, child, I am. And once you swallow those pills, all your worries will be gone, your suffering will be no more!" The voice said and I started to open the bottle. As I did, I felt something on the inside of me slither upwards my body, tightening itself. As if someone or something was trying to suffocating me.

I tilted the bottle so I could pour it into my hand, but a part of me still didn't want to do it.

"I...I can't!" I shouted within my mind. "It's too hard." I tried to put the bottle down, but I was struggling to. It was like trying to budge a rusty hinge.

"Do not fight me, child," the voice said, not sounding as seductive or feminine anymore. "You are so close, do not miss this opportunity!"

"No!" I thought aloud, trying to fight myself.

"Do it, you worthless piece of trash!" It barked with a very deep and loud voice. The sensation inside me grew tighter and tighter as my hand, full of pills got closer to my mouth. "Do it!"

"No...stop! Help! Someone please help me!" I screamed but nothing came from my lips."

The voice inside my head chuckled, as if satisfied by my fear. "No one can hear you, chi...ahhhh!" The voice shrieked as a blinding, bright light appeared in my room.

Beyond the light I saw a figure of a person, but because of the brightness, I couldn't really describe anything except for the mighty wings I saw poking out of the light.

"Sssssssssss," it hissed as the light touched me. "An angel of God?! What are you...what are you doing here?" It said, sounding afraid and loosened its grip on me, allowing me to breath a little more easily. "Please, please don't sent me back to the place of the dead! Have mercy on me!"

He streached out his hand and said, "Get out of her right now, you vile spirit of suicide, in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ!" The person had such authority.

Also, the voice from the mysterious being was familiar, very familiar, but no, it couldn't be.

It let out a nasty roar in anguish and shouted, "Ahhh! I was so close! And now you've ruined me!" After it said that I felt something leave me and I was no longer suffocating. Regaining full control of my body, I dropped the pills on the floor and threw the bottle across my room.

I turned to my right only to see a snake that was about two feet wide or wider and had a length that could possibly reach the second floors ceiling. It had beady, blood red, cat eyes and had the largest set of fangs i've ever seen.

I hadn't even finished examining the beast before it started to swiftly slither towards me. After cornering me, it towered over me with large droplets of venom leaking from its vampire like fangs. Fear washed over me like a river, paralyzing me.

Before it could open its mouth all the way, the being that was hidden from the light, came from it.

Pulling his large sword out of its sheath, he drove it into the snake, piercing through its tough scales. Its scream was blood-curdling. I sunk down to the floor and covered my eyes with my hands, because I didn't want the intense light to damage them. I was hoping that this was all a bad dream.

"You must've forgotten that I was still here, demon, " he said then pulled his sword out of its body and placed it back in its sheath.

"This isn't over!" It snarled as it began to sink into the floor. "I'll be back." Its threat gave me terrible chills throughout my weak body.

When the snake was gone, I peaked through my fingers to see if the 'angel' was still in my room and he was.

He had his back to me, which allowed me to stare upon his glorious wings. They were so large and shone so bright that it made the light outside look dull. strangely enough, the light didn't harm my eyes in any way.

I then slowly stood up and started to examine him and saw that he wore an armor of white and gold, he was tall, and had breath taking golden, blond hair.
My back was still to the wall and I was breathing rather hardly because I was still fear stricken.

"It's okay, don't be afraid, you're no longer in danger." The 'angel' said softly, turning his face slightly to the side, not all the way. It was like he was trying to hide his face from me. But why would he?

"W...Wait!" I said when he opened his wings, as if he was getting ready to fly away. "Who are you? And why did you save me?"

He stopped in his tracks and started to relax his large, graceful wings. I was so mesmerized by them that I was about to touch it. Although, him taking a deep breath, slightly startled me so I pulled back my hand.

Is this real life?

After a few moments, he finally turned around and looked a me. The first thing I noticed was his handsome face. Wait a minute...is that...is that...no, it couldn't be. He has blond hair not black, but besides the hair color they both had the same exact facial features.

"W...Who are you?" I ask again, trying to sound tough, but failed. "Why did you save me? And what was that thing?!"

He looked out the window, admiring what was outside, before answering my questions. "I'm your guardian angel, Dawn Smith, and I saved you because i'm here to protect you," he replied. "And that thing was a spirit...the spirit of suicide, which you've allowed to enter into your very soul." He said disappointed.

I looked at him with my mouth slightly open, in utter shock.

What? I have a guardian angel?!

"W...Wait, how are you my guardian...angel?" I asked confused. "There's no such thing! And how did I allow that thing to enter me? It's not like I asked for it to come into me or anything." I explained.

He averted his attention from the window to me. "I am your guardian angel because the Lord, Jesus Christ, himself assigned me to you when you were born. And how is there no such thing when i'm standing right here, before your very eyes?" He asked and my jaw fell to the floor.

Whoa, whoa, whoa? Lord, Jesus Christ?!

"B...B...But...how..." I stammered.

"And yes," he said interrupting me. "It is true that you never asked for an evil spirit to enter into you. But the mind and the thoughts that are in it are extremely powerful. And..." he paused.

He looked disturbed. "What? What is it?"

"I've said too much," he whispered. "I must go now."

"Wait!" I said and he looked up at me with saddened eyes. "Will I ever see you again?" I asked hopefully.

He slightly opened his mouth to say something, but then reluctantly closed it. Then he swiftly came close to me and pinched a nerve in my neck. "That's enough for now. Go to sleep and forget all that you've saw." Electricity shot throughout my whole body when he pinched me. All my strength started to dwindle and darkness was slowly consuming my vision.

As I was getting limp, he picked me up and carried me over to my bed. Then he pulled my covers over me, tucking me in and tenderly rubbed my cheek with his thumb. I desperately wanted to say something, to ask what was going on, but my voice kept getting caught in my throat.

"We'll see each other again, very soon," he whispered to me.

The last thing I remember before passing out was his beautiful deep blue eyes and they were filled with pity.

***

I blinked my eyes several times as I began to awake from my slumber. After uncovering myself and sitting up, I yawned and stretched my body fully until I was satisfied.

Then I started to vividly remembered the nightmare I had dreamt. Man, that dream was so weird, I thought, as I was thinking about it.

Are there really guardian angels assigned to people? And is there really a God, that gives the assigning? If there is then which God is it? I though to myself.

A ticking noise comming from my right snapped me out of my thoughts. I turned and saw that my doorknob was moving.

My mom was picking the lock.

So I quickly threw the covers back over me and made myself lay as still as a rock. Exactly when I had laid my head down on my pillow, was when she opened the door.

"Dawn, wake up honey," my mom said while gently shaking me.

After a few more times of her shaking and kissing me, I groaned to let her know that I was semi awake, unfortunately she didn't get it.

"Girl, quite playing with me. I know you're awake," she said playfully and a smile crossed my face, while I laughed within my mind.

"Oh, you think this is funny? Mhm, I could see that gorgeous smile of yours plastered on your face."

When I still wouldn't get up she finally stopped shaking, poking, and tapping me. Yes, she gave up, I thought while slowly drifting off into Dream World again.

"I'm not done with you yet, honey!" She said before jumping on my bed, launching me five feet in the air. "Hahaha! The tickle monster is out to get you!"

"No, not the tickle monster!" I begged, but my mother didn't listen and began to tickle me mercilessly.

"Haha! No...mom, haha! please...stop!" I said, laughing fiercely. "If you don't stop, i'll die of laughter!"

"Not until you get up and help me with dinner," she said smirking.

"Okay...okay! I'm up! I'm up!" I said desperately and then she finally stopped tickling me.

As I was catching my breath my mom was cracking up.

"Hey, that's not funny. I could've died!" I said playfully while laughing a little bit, joining her.

"Okay, I guess i'll be seeing you in the kitchen, right?" She asked in a 'you better say yes' voice.

I looked at her and said, "Y...Yeah, i'll meet you there." She nodded and started to slide off my bed. "Wait," I said, gently grabbing her arm, pulling her back and then took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, mom, for the way I spoke to you earlier. I was angry and took my anger out on you. And you didn't deserve that. I'm such and idiot!"

I put my head down so that she wouldn't see the tears that we forming in my eyes, but she was quick to cup my chin and lift it so our brown eyes met.

"It's okay, baby, I already forgave you for what you did. And it's understandable why you were upset, I just gave you terrible news. But let's not look at the doctors report, instead let's look upon the report of the one and only true God, Jesus Christ, who said, that by his stripes you were healed. He already healed you two thousand years ago when he was on the cross, honey!"

My mother still talks to me about God, as if i'm still a believer, because I haven't came around to telling her that i've fallen out of the faith.

Just now, she's talking about how Jesus, heal me already...on the cross...two thousand years ago...is she serious? If He already healed me, shouldn't I already be healed?! It's just...it's just complete nonsense!

"Jesus, loves you, Dawn, and He'll..."

"Yeah, mom, I get it," I said softly, while also interrupting her so I wouldn't have to hear her babble on and on about this subject.

She nodded and gave me a teary smile. "Oh, come here," she said with her arms wide open. I smiled back at her and leaned into her hug.

She started to slowly rock back and forth as I began to weep under her chin. I don't know why, but I hated to cry in front of her or anybody. I disliked showing my weaknesses to anyone, because I want people to see me as strong and determined. Not weak and frail.

"Shh, it's okay. Everything's going to be alright," she cooed into my ear. "Okay?"

I backed up to look straight into her eyes and then I said with my bottom lip trembling, "Okay."

Then she gave me a soft kiss on my forehead and hugged me again, tightly, but not too tight.

She then pulled away, rubbing my back and said with a smile, "See you in the kitchen."

I smiled back and slowly nodded my head, then stood up to leave. But before she walked out she said sternly, "Oh, and don't lock your door anymore. You know the rules," and with that she left.

I sighed and took a moment to regain all my strength before getting up, because I have to admit that i've been feeling alot weaker than usual lately. It's sucks being this fragile, honestly.

Just as I was walking out the door, I heard my phone buzz inside my bag. At first I didn't really care to check what message I had received until I remembered that I had given Adam my number. So I hurriedly went over to my bag and searched for it like my life depended on it.

When I finally had it in my hand I was breathing hardly because of the excitement racing through my veins. Unfortunately, when I opened my phone I saw Meg's name attached to the message.

The disappointment I felt was like a shock of lightning striking my heart, but I was still happy that Meg messaged me.

Her: Hey, Dawn, how are you feeling?

Me: Hey, i'm doing better. Wbu?

Her: That's great! And girl, i'm always feelin good!

Me: Good for you...

Her: Oh, and I was wondering if I could come over to your house so that we can finish our project, because it's due in like two days and we have little to nothing done, so...

Before I typed a reply I went to the kitchen to where my mom was and asked if she could come.

My mom gasped joyfully, "Of course she can, baby! Why not?"

"Yay! Thanks mom." I said happily while replying to Meg, saying that she could come.

"Now, would you please stir this rice for me, so I could can call your aunt Tilly, to come and watch over you when I leave for work."

"Wait, no, don't call her!" I said, accidentally flinging boiling water over the counter.

She looked startled by my outburst, "Well, why not?" She asked and my eyes widened.

"Uhh...be...be...well because I just don't like her," I said bluntly.

"Dawn, Madison, Smith, how could you say such a thing?" She asked a little offended.

I sighed deeply and whined, "Well, mom, she has always treated me like such a crippled! I hate that, I really do."

"Oh..."

"And she's so controlling! 'I can't do this I can't do that'!" I said in a mocking tone. "I'm sorry but she drives me insane."

"I'm so sorry, I...I didn't know," she said looking at me with sympathetic eyes. "Who should I call then?"

I looked at her nervously, then quickly turned my attention to the rice pot and lowered the volume on the stove.

"M...Maybe you could call...the neighbor...to watch over me again?" My voice cracked

"Mhm, and why should I call him?" She smirked. "Does my baby have a thing for the boy next door?"

I cleared my throat. "What?! No...no, I just...it's because he treated me like how you treat me..." I looked up at her, "Like a real person...that's not crippled." I pouted for extra effect. "Please."

"Oh, alright. I'll call him when i'm leaving."

"Your the best mom in the world!"

"Yeah right, i'm the best mom in the world until I say no," she murmured under her breath while rolling her eyes.

Wow this is great! My best friend and the cute neighbor next door are coming to my house.

This should be interesting...

-----------------

Hey guys, I really hope you all liked the chapter!

Hmmm... I don't really have any questions for this one...

But as always, comment, vote, and share! I really love reading your comments. Even more than seeing votes!

*Clears Throat* But I like votes too, lol!

God Bless You all!

~Jiana

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

759 22 8
Dawn Electra was your typical fandom-obsessed, sarcastic-but-friendly, need-music-to-live teenage girl... But she had a shattered childhood and hoste...
790 141 20
Shanté: You were in her room, Jonathan! Jonathan: Ok, ok, I understand that but- Shanté: No, just shut up, ok! You hurt me. Badly. And- Jonathan: You...
3.1K 85 32
Sometimes life don't go the way we planned. Sometimes we end up feeling so low, and alone. Like we're in a dark hole with no one around us, but then...
28.4K 1.1K 47
~"You don't- you don't need me." I stared in shock. This was the first shred of emotion he'd shown since he started avoiding me, and I had no idea ho...