YOᑌ ᗩGᗩIᑎ

By MultiFandomsFreak

[COMPLETED]✓ I never forgot my first love. I just learnt to pretend everything was okay while I was breaking... More

Note.
Please Read This.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9⚠
Chapter 10 ⚠
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.⚠
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 44.
The Last Chapter.
Thank you.
Read This Please!
My pissed self.
New Book

Chapter 3

18.7K 674 1K
By MultiFandomsFreak

“So there is this girl I met a couple of days ago. She invited me to an event this Saturday. Wanna hit it up?”

My best friend yelled from the other end of her apartment while the two of us worked for the column of the magazine we worked for. I still remember the day when we first met. For most people it was scary or creepy but for me it was so awesome and I admired the girl for it.

It all goes back five years ago, a year after Austin and I moved to Miami. She mistaken me for someone else and kept an eye on me for as long as I could remember. She knew more about me than I did myself without even saying a single word to me. Turned out, I looked like her ex-boss who made her life a living hell and she just wanted to find a way to ruin hers. It all went downhill for her when I started to become suspicious. I saw that same old black Corolla right outside my house almost everyday and the girl who followed me everywhere and then I approached her. I still remember how she said “I fucking wasted my whole year over a wrong girl.”

And that was how I met Dinah Jane. My best friend and my other half.

Dinah knew about everything. My love life with Lauren, the marriage with Austin and when I had Allison, she was the utmost support. Sometimes I think that Allison wants Dinah more than she wanted Austin which doesn't surprise me at all, Allison was Dinah's absolute world. Dinah didn't grow up in a very friendly environment. Her family was huge, like really huge and that meant having financial issues. Older people at her home preferred working more and in the end, the kids were left out alone. Maybe that was one of the reasons she was so in love with the three years old because she never had love. Maybe she didn't want Allison to feel that way too.

I was so occupied with my own thoughts that I didn't even see the flying shoe coming my way and hitting me on my head. Groaning, I laid down on the bed and cursed at Dinah with all the possible curse words I knew. There was one thing  keeping quite, ignoring the Polynesian girl was the death. She absolutely hated being ignored and I always pushed my luck until she does something like this.

“No, Dinah, I can't come with you. I have to be somewhere.” I said loudly while keeping the details to myself but I knew that Dinah wouldn't give up that easily.

“Where?” She asked.

I gathered my stuff and moved out of the room, it was finally time to tell my best friend about the art gallery I was visiting this Saturday. She already knew about me meeting Taylor and all about Lauren's life so I don't think it would be a surprise for her if I tell her about meeting Lauren now. She wouldn't be mad though, other than knowing that I was ditching her for my ex-girlfriend, she wouldn't be mad but that didn't mean that I wasn't up for her yelling.

“It's um–Lauren's friend's art exhibition. I thought maybe–”

She interrupted me, “Don't even finish that sentence. Camila, you are my best friend and I love you but you have to let her go now. I have seen you mourn over her for the past five years and you have been mourning over her even before that. She is in a long-term relationship, probably in love with that girl and you are married to Austin and have a child. Does that mean anything to you?”

My feelings were all over the place. I knew how right Dinah was but how could I just stay back and watch Lauren slowly forgetting about me. What if she has already forgotten about me? I knew about the consequences and how she would react if she saw me but I couldn't go another day without seeing her. And even my best friend wouldn't stop me from seeing Lauren.

“I love her.”

It felt like I was talking to a statue. Dinah didn't move, blinked, I even thought for a second that she didn't breathe. As the two of us sat at the dining table with our files in front of us, Dinah just looked at me as if I was an alien or something. I waved my hand in front of her face and suddenly she slapped the back of my head. I knew it was coming, I never should have admitted this to Dinah but I needed my best friend that moment. Nothing could have made me feel any better about the situation.

“You love her, huh? And Austin?” she asked me and I just took a deep sigh and ran a hand through my hair.

“I love him too.”

“You are a perfect bi-sexual, you know that? Loving both the genders at the same time.” Dinah laughed at her horrible joke but I just looked at her face till she stopped.

“Look, Camila, I am going to be straight forward here. I am not going to lie and tell you things you want to hear and believe. I am going to say the things you don't want to know, and I won't lie. It would be painful to hear but you need to know. Is that ok with you?”

As much as I wanted to say no, I ended up nodding. Dinah knew what was right and wrong and she knew what to say at what time and I knew whatever was going on in her pretty little mind, it would fuck me up. Maybe I do need a reality check right now. Maybe I do need to finally let go of the girl I fell in love with thirteen years ago. It's a big thing though, you can't just fall out of love with someone. Dinah leaned forward and lovingly took my hand in hers. Squeezing my hand, she finally spoke up and I braced myself for a massive heartache.

“First tell me this. You are strong, right?” Dinah asked me. Biting my lip, I nodded my head. “Yeah, mostly.”

“And what about sometimes?” she asked again.

I took a deep breath and tried to hold back the emotions and tears trying to fall from my eyes. I wasn't ashamed to break down in front of Dinah, I just didn't have the energy to cry anymore. I did that a lot in the previous years.

“Well, sometimes a cool breeze passes by and breaks me in a thousand pieces.”

Once again, silence took over and Dinah just gave my hand a squeeze. I knew where this conversation was going but I allowed Dinah to say whatever she wanted to say to me. I gave her the right to finally make me understand what was happening to me.

“Lauren is that cool breeze, Mila.” with that, a tear fell on my face but I didn't wipe it away. Dinah took a deep breath and continued, without waiting for my reply.

“You think you love her when by the end of the day you are just remembering the feelings you had for her back then. You like the idea of loving her again which is making you think that you love her. You don't even know her anymore. See the person you have become. Were you the same person ten years ago?”

I shook my head in denial.

She continued, “then how do you expect her to be the same person too? She could be a drug addict or a pedophile for all we know. You know, sad artists with beautiful creativity often go crazy.” Dinah chuckled.

“She isn't a bad person and I know it. She is providing for Taylor's son. And she definitely doesn't look like a drug addict, I saw those pictures of her with her girlfriend, remember?” I reminded Dinah who leaned back on the seat.

“Ah! And that's the third reminder. She is taken, Camila. Don't you think that it's enough confirmation that she has moved on? And from what you have told me, she sounded so fucking happy. Remember you told me how she smiled in every other picture? Don't you think that Dana girl is making her happy?”

“It's Reyna.” I corrected my best friend with a slight chuckle. “And you are right, she is happy with Reyna and they both make a perfect couple but Dinah think about it. I met Taylor for a reason. I didn't know that I would run into Lauren's sister who moved to Miami with her.”

“Alright, how about this. My parents threw me out when I couldn't take care of them anymore. I got a job in a very amazing company and turned out that one day, after years, I was interviewing my own father. But that didn't mean that he wanted me,  Camila. He left. He didn't give the interview. He fucking left.”

Now it was my turn to shut up. I didn't know what to say. I knew how she got thrown out of the house but she didn't tell me about her father's visit in her office. Maybe she was not comfortable or maybe she simply forgot. This time, I leaned in and hugged my best friend as she pushed me away.

“Nuh-uh. We are not doing this. You aren't changing the topic and turning the tables at me. Camila, you need to let her go, I mean, that girl knew about pretty little liars before that stupid TV show even aired.”

And for the first time in two day, I laughed out loud.

“Yeah, she read the books when they first got released. I'm pretty sure she was one of the first few who actually bought it. I wonder if she was excited when the TV show came out.” I said with a sigh and a permanent smile on my face.

“Yeah, and you keep on wondering about it because you aren't getting any chances of asking her yourself. You aren't going to that stupid art exhibition and watch her tell the story of her Allison Marie painting.” Dinah was stern this time. Before I got the chance to say something, she beat me to it. “You're coming with me to that girl's party.”

Raising my eyebrows, I smirked at her. “You like her, don't you?”

“Oh yeah. She is beautiful.” Dinah shyly looked away as a blush started to appear on her perfectly tanned face. A laugh skipped my mouth before I could even stop it because it isn't everyday that Dinah Jane likes someone.

“Oooooooh,” I dragged with a smirk. “What is her name?”

“Normani Kordei. She is gorgeous.” Dinah said with a slight groan and I laughed. “And that is why I want you to come with me to the event this Saturday, Mila. Please, I can't get a girl like her if I'm all stuttering and nervous. I need you there to keep me sane, please.”

I didn't know what to do anymore. At one hand I had Lauren, the girl who was in mind from the past ten years, regardless of me being married. There were questions which I knew that only Lauren would be able to answer and then on the other hand there was Dinah, the girl who never left my side. I was completely torn. I didn't know if I would meet Lauren again and I had to do this for myself but on the other hand Dinah would never be able to forgive me if I abandon her when she was finally trying to get a person for herself. But I wouldn't give up my best friend, not even for Lauren, the girl who also left me for a fucking job.

“So? What are we wearing?” I asked with a smirk and Dinah's grin was enough to tell me how grateful she was after hearing my answer.

*******

Saturday was here in a blink. I wasn't nervous anymore since I wasn't going to meet Lauren now. Everything was finally starting to get back to normal, slowly. Dinah helped me let go of all the things I had of Lauren but there was one thing which will always remind me of her. One thing which I can't let go of.

My daughter.

I knew that naming my daughter after Lauren's painting wasn't such a great idea but now that I was finally trying to move on, it was even worse. Dinah on the other hand though was nervous as fuck to text Normani and ask her about the venue so I helped her with it. My best friend was literally shaking while the two of us changed for the event. As it was a formal party, I decided to go with my white embroided dress, with my hair tied up in a messy bun while Dinah wore her long red dress. I knew she wanted to impress Normani whereas I had no one to impress anymore.

I shouldn't be thinking about impressing other people other than my husband anyway. Speaking of my husband, Allison and him were visiting his parents in Texas, it was hard for me to stay so far away from my daughter but because of work, I couldn't go with them but I made sure to annoy the two of them by calling every hour. Even Dinah was annoyed.

It didn't take us long before we were finally ready to go. Dinah decided to drive, my long heels which made it impossible for me walk, wouldn't help with driving either. The two of us made small talks because Dinah was in no condition to talk to the other girl. She was absolutely terrified while I on the other hand couldn't stop laughing and making fun of my best friend. My mind soon drifted to Lauren once again. What if I hadn't come with Dinah? Would it be possible that I might be with her right now? Shaking my thoughts about her away, I talked to Dinah about the event about which we both have no clue about. It could be a science fair or a car show for all we knew. 

Reaching the venue didn't take long enough. We gave our car to the valet and I calmed Dinah down before we headed inside. “The Dutch” was beautifully written at the top of the entrance which I was assuming was the name of the event. The further we got inside, the better I saw how perfect this place really was. I was really glad that we were dressed up according to the event.

“Welcome to The Maritza Petrova, your road to the world of art. I hope you enjoy our event, The Dutch.”

The girl at the reception said. So, we were at the art exhibition. This place looked really royal. Giving me a slight wink, Dinah greeted the girl too.

“Please tell me your names so I can confirm your invitations.” The young receptionist dressed in a blue dress asked.

“Dinah Jane and Camila Cabello.”

The receptionist began looking at the list of invitation and soon looked back up to meet our eyes, only to look back at the invites again. “I am sorry but there isn't any invitation for Camila Cabello.”

Say what? I shifted from one foot to another uncomfortably and asked the receptionist to check once again. This time too, she told me that my name wasn't on the guest list and I probably sent the worst death glare to Dinah fucking Jane for embarrassing me. I was having no intentions of causing a scene here right now so I politely asked the girl to let me inside since I was with Dinah who was indeed a guest. But the girl was not letting me in. I should have been angry but I couldn't be mad at her for just being loyal to her job.

“What's going on in here?”

A very sweet voice was heard and Dinah squeezed my hand tight, I knew it was Normani. When I turned around I came face to face with a very gorgeous woman standing right in front of me. She was beautiful, no wonder why Dinah was so nervous about meeting her. As soon as Normani saw Dinah, a huge grin spread on her face and she embraced the girl in a hug. I smirked, knowing that Dinah would be going crazy right now but she deserved an Oscar for her impeccable acting skills of not freaking out right now. Breaking the hug, Normani turned to face me and embraced me in a hug too. I smelled Chanel on her and she finally won the best friend approval only by smelling so damn good.

“Is everything okay?” she asked with concern and turned to face the girl behind the reception.

“No Ma'am. I don't have the guest entry for Miss Camila here.” Normani and the receptionist both turned to face me and I smiled.

“It's alright, she is a friend. Thank you, Olivia.” nodding one more time to the girl, Normani led the two of us inside.

“Sorry for not introducing myself earlier. I am Normani Kordei. Welcome to my gallery.” the dark skinned girl grinned and took us inside the gallery.

If it was pretty from outside, it was like a palace from the inside. Like a museum or a perfect architectural building. Dinah was on cloud nine and I now knew why. Normani was extremely classy. The girl knew how to carry herself. As we looked through the art and paintings, Normani asked the two of us for a picture and we three posed for the camera. As the photographer went away, Normani began giving us a tour of her art gallery and I was blown away with the beauty of it. Handing us both a glass of champagne each, Normani looked at me with a smile.

“So Camila, what do you do?” she asked.

Quickly gulping the expensive alcoholic beverage, I finally spoke. “I work for Dinah. I am a columnist for the People's magazine, she is the editor, she is my boss.” I proudly smiled at the girl and praised my best friend as much as I could.

“Oh that's so impressive,” Normani looked at Dinah with a smirk and quickly turned to face me again.

“What do you write about?” she asked, showing serious concern in my work. For a second I thought that she was into Dinah too, since she was so keen on knowing the best friend.

“Anything really, mostly fashion and what's hot. Once in a blue moon I write about rising talents which I find on the internet. Contains hard work but I love it.”

“Don't take me wrong, but it's like a Christmas in a cup. You don't have to do anything but be creative, how is it a hard work?” she asked with a smile and Dinah laughed.

“It is hard work for her, considering how lazy she is.” My best friend nudged me but I let it go, just for the sake of her crush.

“It is easy only if you are writing. But travelling around to gather stuff and taking photographs isn't something I look forward to do.” I playfully glared at Dinah, causing the other girl to laugh.

“You should write about my gallery, Maritza Petrova, you know? It would give you a topic and help me with the publicity. Oh, and I will give you the pictures so you don't have to worry about that either.” Normani suggested.

Since I never chose the topics myself and Dinah helps me with it, I left it upto her. I looked at my best friend to give me an answer and also, try to make a number on her crush. But Dinah Jane was smart when it came to others, she was a fucking dumb mess right now who didn't even know how to answer me even though I was trying so hard to help her set up her game. Finally, I sighed in defeat.

“So, Dinah. What do you think? Do you think I should write a column on The Maritza Petrova art gallery?” I asked.

“Um...you are asking me?”

Fucking hell.

“You are my boss, I don't write anything that you don't like.” I tried again.

“Yeah?” Dinah looked at me. I clenched my teeth but smiled on the outside and looked at Normani who was looking at Dinah amusingly.

“Yeah. You shouldn't drink anymore.” I playfully grinned and suddenly Normani got a visitor and it was my cue to put some senses in my best friend's head.

“What the fuck is wrong with you? She might think that you're a creepy fucker. I am trying to help you here, the least you could do is play along, smart ass.” I said sarcastically and Dinah finally nodded.

“But have you looked at her? She is so gor–”

She got interrupted when Normani joined us again, “Sorry, it was one of my employees telling me about the presentation which is going to start in a while.”

“Oh it's ok. And yeah, Dinah is totally up for a column on The Maritza Petrova.” I grinned and Normani squealed excitedly.

“Actually Camila,” Dinah finally grew the balls to chime in. “Why don't you write a whole story? You should write the history and things about the owners. Explain the paintings and stuff? We can even make it our cover photo of next month's issue.”

Bingo.

Normani was stunned. Finally, it took a while but Dinah was finally speaking up. Normani couldn't believe though, at first she thought that we were just messing with her but we made sure to make her believe that it wasn't a joke. Hell, it wasn't. Now that Dinah was totally smitten by the older girl, there was no way that she would let it cancel.

“Oh my god, okay. So you can interview me and my partner whenever you want and you can come around any time to take pictures of this place. I am more than privileged to grant you the access of our office room where all the history and stories of the paintings are put. You can come here anytime.” Normani said and breathed heavily after it. Dinah was so impressed. Hell, if Normani showered in poop even then Dinah would be impressed.

“You have a partner?” Dinah asked and Normani nodded.

“Yeah, she is here around somewhere. I just saw her a while ago,” Normani said, looking around everywhere and Dinah and I mirrored her gestures even though I didn't know who her partner was.

“Ah! There she is.” Normani said with a grin as she waved behind us and called over whoever her art gallery's partner was.

“Hey guys, meet my best friend and my partner, Lauren.”

Lauren?

Suddenly, my eyes widened in realization and my whole world shook when Taylor's words echoed in my ears.

"Hey listen, why don't you come to Lauren's best friends art exhibition on Saturday?"

I didn't even have the courage to turn around. Taylor invited me to Lauren's best friend's art exhibition. I was in an art exhibition and Normani introduced a girl named Lauren by calling her her best friend. I couldn't breathe, it felt like I was going to pass out.

And then I turned around.

I looked at her talking to Dinah and suddenly her eyes met mine. Those perfect, perfect green eyes stopped on mine and instantly turned grey and her mouth parted in a shock. All the memories of our time in the subway station, our tours to the art galleries, the times when we painted together and spent together came rushing back to the surface and I was sure of this, I never fell out of love with her. She was beautiful. Even more beautiful than in the pictures which didn't do any justice to her. Her hair were shorter now, probably a little lower from her shoulders. She was paler than usual but the amount of make-up on her face hid it. Her pierced nose and ears made her even more gorgeous and suddenly I saw a tattoo on her arm.

XXVII.

It felt like I woke up from a coma after years and saw the only person I wanted to see. This was all not just a coincidence. The number ‘27’ in Roman engraved on her skin wasn't just a coincidence.

It was the date of the day I said yes for being hers forever.

“Camila?” she asked with a slight tremble. “Camila Cabello, right?” she asked again.

I didn't have the courage to answer her but I did hear a faint “oh my god” from Dinah's side. She was just as shocked as me when the realization hit her. It took everything in me to not to pull the green eyed latina closer to me and press my lips on hers but I took a deep breath and tried to act cool, which I was failing miserably at.

“Lauren Jauregui? What a pleasant surprise. Oh my God,” I grinned.

Indeed a surprise though.

Before I knew it, she was embracing me in a hug which was not at all expected. I melted in her arms and most importantly, I felt at home. She was my home. I had been with Austin for six years already and he didn't make me feel things which I felt for the girl in my arms right now. I waited ten years for this moment and I tried so hard not to break down in front of her. I didn't want her to think how pathetic I was. We did let go, though. She was holding me tight and I didn't let the chance of being close to her go. Soon, the two of us pulled away and she took my hands in hers.

“It's so good to see you, Camila. I don't believe that you are actually here.” she said, she meant every word because the surprise was clear in her tone.

“Yes, my best friend got invited by yours so I tagged along.” I said with a smile.

Not even for a second I removed my gaze from her, she was perfection. Taylor was absolutely right. Aging did wonders to her. Not that Lauren had ever went through the ugly phases of life, she was always perfect but now, she was a goddess.

“Good thing that you did, Camila. I am glad to meet you. So tell me, wha–”

She got interrupted when a guy called out to her and told her that she was ready to start her speech. Lauren simply nodded and I watched the guy go away.

“Laur, you're ready right? I mean, do you need a minute or so?” Normani asked her best friend who simply shook her head.

“I was born ready, babe. But could you please check on Reyna and where she's at? I need her to be there while I am doing it.”

Fucking hell, why did she have to say that in front of me? Thank God for Dinah being here who instantly grabbed my hand and didn't let go.

“By the way, congratulations on your awards, Lauren. I am proud of your work. She was always my favorite work of yours, anyway.” I congratulated the girl of my dreams who grinned with pride. I knew she was trying so hard not to make anything awkward, so I tried to try too.

“Though, I still don't get how you showed the painting to the world because the last time I checked, you were pretty selfish to share the things you were in love with.” I smirked, causing the other girl to laugh.

“Well, Reyna...my, uh–girlfriend talked me through it. I mean it was a good thing to do, now I can do whatever I want. I have my own gallery.” She said. My heart ached when she talked about Reyna and how she made Lauren agree to do it.

Did Reyna have that much power over her?

“Which painting are we talking about?” Dinah asked, taking all Lauren's attention on her and I took a moment to collect myself.

“Allison Marie? The one I am presenting here right now.” Lauren proudly said.

“Oh of course, how could I forget about little Allie here.” Dinah sarcastically said to Lauren even though I knew she stated it to me.

“I saw what you did there, babe. But why don't you guys take a seat and we will meet after I am done?” Lauren asked the both of us and I nodded eagerly. “And maybe...catch up if you want.” She offered and I nodded once more.

“I would love that.” I replied the love of my life.

“Great, so I am going to go and please take a seat. And thanks alot for coming. It means so much, you don't even have any idea.” Lauren quickly said as she walked away, her face was still towards us as she walked backwards.

Some things never change.

As soon as she walked away, Dinah didn't hesitate me to embrace me in a hug and I felt like passing out. I waited ten years for this moment. A whole decade to feel Lauren's skin against mine and hear her perfect raspy voice in my ears but I didn't expect this moment to be so awkward and heart wrenching. She was changed. Dinah was right. This wasn't the same Lauren but still, this wasn't a coincidence.

“Are you ok?” My best friend asked as soon as we broke the hug.

“Do you still think that this isn't fate?”
Dinah didn't answer. I knew she was just as thrilled with everything that was happening. Lauren and I were meant to meet again. Think about it yourself, I sacrificed my meeting with Lauren to go with Dinah but turned out that my sacrifice didn't go in vain. The universe brought the girl back to me in Dinah's crush's best friend's form. This was not all just a coincidence, we were soulmates. Dinah and I didn't say a single thing, we just walked towards the hall where there were people already seated.

I took a seat at the back row while Dinah sat next to me, my emotions were everywhere. I saw Lauren on the stage and soon the lights of the halls dimmed, only a spotlight was there which was hitting Lauren's perfect face and the painting which was covered with a red cloth. Dinah held my hand and gave it a squeeze again. When I turned to look at her, she was already staring back at me.

“I don't know if it is fate or not, but I do know that it isn't a coincidence. But Camila, you have to be careful.” She warned.

“Careful about what?” I asked her. My heart was pounding in my chest to know the answer.

Dinah took a long pause and took a huge sigh before staring me right in my eyes.

“You have a family. Don't ruin Allison's life.”

And that was how all my nightmares became real and that was when I realized one thing: there is no such thing as fantasy.

—————

A/N: Y'all liking it so far?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 3.5K 27
❝She left me.❞ ❝I should hate her, but I don't. I can't hate someone so beautiful. She did everything that she could do just so she can find a way to...
147K 3.7K 21
I'd kill for her. I wonder if she'd do the same. [g!p] Also at some point this turned into a Camren/you which I didn't plan. I didn't see it coming i...
84K 2K 25
Camila Cabello was 6 years old when she was diagnosed with a blood disorder. She isn't allowed to leave her house nor to really have a normal life. N...
12.1K 405 10
Camila Cabello, Lauren Jauregui, two young girls who became a little more than friends at a young age. That was until someone had to leave. Years lat...