You & I (the story)

By amoureux-des-livres-

It all started with one concert. Tabatha and her best friend Britt didn't know that one concert would change... More

Before you Start
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chpater 41
Chapter 42
N/A
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Not an Update!!
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
NEW STORY

Chapter 40

71 6 2
By amoureux-des-livres-

It was the day my boyfriend was leaving me for months to go on tour. I would be alone in my bed in the mornings going forward. I would have to live without him and just be with Britt all the time. Not that I minded. She is my best friend. I was not looking forward to that day, but the love of my life was leaving to do the job that he loved, and I wouldn't stop him ever.

I got up early to cook him breakfast. I was busy making pancakes and lost in my thoughts when a pair of arms slid around my waist from behind.

"Shit babe, you scared me!" I jumped.

"Sorry, love. I said good morning when I walked in. I guess I should have made sure you heard. It smells good."

"It's just pancakes, nothing great."

"They still smell good and thank you, baby."

I made our plates and sat down to eat. We were quiet, and I was barely eating.

"What's wrong?"

"Huh? Oh nothing," I said.

He looked at me with concern. "Come here, Tab." He pulled my hand and sat me on his lap. His arms wrapped around my waist, and he kissed my shoulder. "Now, what's wrong? Don't say nothing. I know something is bothering you."

I took a deep breath. "I'm just scared about you leaving for tour. I have this feeling something bad is going to happen again."

"What do you think is going to happen?"

"I don't know really. The last time I had these feelings we broke up."

"Baby, look at me. Nothing is going to happen. We've been on tour before. Are you scared something is going to happen between us?"

I nodded.

"Don't worry about that. I lost you once, and I'm not stupid enough to do it again. I love you and you're stuck with me." He kissed me before pushing me back to my chair and walking into the living room. I was completely confused. He came back with something in his hand, sat down, and took a deep breath before looking at me. "I was going to give this to Britt today, so she could give it to you on your birthday, but this moment is so much better."

I knitted my eyebrows together. "Harry, I don't need anything. I have you, great friends, and a great job. Plus, I'm living in London like I've always wanted. You've given me so much, I don't need anything else."

He smiled. "I'm glad you think that, but you're getting this. Shut up and listen for a minute," He teased.

I smiled at him. "Fine."

"I love you, and I'm not stupid enough to repeat my mistakes and lose you again. So, I got you this." He handed me a Tiffany blue box. My jaw dropped before I took it from him. I opened the gift and sucked air through my lips at the sight of it. It was a simple silver ring and etched on the outside it said 'I Love You'.  I was so shocked I couldn't speak.

"It's a promise ring. I promise to keep you on my mind always. If I make you a frown, I will work my hardest to replace it with a smile. Though I may flirt or whatever with fans, just know I will never do anything with another woman. I will always be yours. I promise."

Tears slowly started to form in my eyes. His words were so beautiful.

"And the biggest promise of all." He got down on a knee and lifted my chin with his finger, so he could look into my eyes. "I promise to one day switch this ring with a diamond and ask you to marry me."

He had the biggest smile on his face, and it caused me to smile and cry at the same time. I pulled him to me and connected our lips for a passionate kiss. When we broke apart, I asked, "You were going to have Britt give me this with that speech?"

"Well no. She was just going to give it to you. I came up with the speech just now. Do you like it?"

"Yes, Harry. Best birthday gift ever!"

"I have a few more things coming, so Britt knows to record it."

"Wait! Britt knows my gifts?"

"No. I know Britt would tell you. She just knows to record you all day on your birthday."

"All day? Harry how many gifts did you get me?"

"Just little stuff. Don't worry about it."

"You have to stop spending money on me."

"Look, it's your birthday, and I'm going to be in Australia. Since I can't be here, I'm going to be a good boyfriend and get his girlfriend, who he loves a lot, some gifts."

"Fine. Thank you, baby. I love it and I love you. But wait. You were going to give the ring without an explanation?"

"Yeah." He ran his fingers through his hair.

"You find a piece of paper and write that shit down."

"Yes, ma'am." He pulled me in for a kiss.

Just then the door opened, Britt, Niall and Louis came in with their luggage.

"Ugh already this morning, you guys? I understand we're going to be gone for a while but enough is enough," Louis said, cringing and pulled us apart. "I see you gave her an early birthday present."

"Wait like the big gift?" Niall asked.

"Yeah, the ring." Harry smiled.

"Ring!? What? Let me see?" Britt yelled running to me and grabbing my hand.

"It's a promise ring," I said.

"Wait is that why you asked her finger size and weather she liked silver or gold?" Britt asked Harry.

"Bit of a stupid question." Harry laughed.

"Shut up. Oh, I love it. So happy for you guys."

"Maybe Niall will get you one soon." I winked at Niall.

"Oi, don't put that crap in her head," Niall said in shock.

"Come on, Nialler. You love her, right?" I was joking now.

"Tab, shut up!" Britt had a pleading look on her face.

"Fine. I'm just playing. Where's Liam and Zayn, so we can get you all to the airport?"

"Liam is on his way, and I haven't heard from Zayn," Louis said looking at his phone.

"If they don't show up, then I guess you can't go to Australia."

"Babe..." Harry said, pulling me to him and snaking his arms around me. My head fell to his chest as I teared up a bit. He kissed my head. "It's going to be like last time. We'll call, text, FaceTime, whatever. Then when you get some time off work, you can come see me, okay?"

I nodded.

The door opened revealing Liam and Sophia. "Hey guys. Zayn is meeting us at the airport. Let's go."

We all piled into SUVs that were waiting outside and rode to the airport in silence. The boys were taking a private plane, so we pulled up right on the Tarmac where fans were outside the fence. We filed out the cars, and Zayn popped out of his waving to us and boarded the plane. I couldn't help but think something was going on with him.

They started loading the boys bags as they stood around with their girls. Harry and I were hugging each other leaving little kisses here and there. Neither one of us wanting to say anything knowing it'd just cause us to cry. Paul finally came over and told the boys it was time to go.

Harry put his hands on both sides of my face making me look him in the eyes. "I love you so much. Don't sit around and mope. Go out and do things. Have fun while I'm gone. Not too much though." He smirked.

I started crying.

He continued, "Hey, I trust you. I know you won't do anything to hurt us, and I hope you trust me too?"

"Of course, I do Harry!"

"So, we'll be honest if anything shows up in the paper which it will because we're away from each other."

I nodded my head.

"I love you, Tabatha, so so much." He started to cry which only made me cry harder.

"I-I love you, H-Harry!" He pulled me in for a kiss.

"Harry, let's go," Paul said.

Harry pulled me in for another hug.

"Oh babe, I left you a little surprise for you in your carry on. It's just for your eyes only, so don't let the others see."

He looked at me with a smirk and nodded. "Love you, baby. See you soon." He kissed me one last time.

"Bye."

He walked to the plane, and I went to where the others were standing and crying as well.

"Well, I guess it's time for us to have an adventure of own," Britt said, looking at me.

I smiled a little because it was just us two again. Thankfully, we planned some stuff to do, and it begins in a couple days.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3M 124K 94
One day turns into a lifetime. When two friends win a day with one direction, they never expect what was going to happen next. (This book was writte...
1.7K 51 30
That's my first fan fiction so I guess it's an absolute crap, A girl meets Harry Styles as just another fan and many changes happens to both of their...
2.8M 71.6K 33
[ COMPLETED ] Neither of them knew one night could change everything. ✼ ✼ ✼ For mature audiences only. Story contains sexual content and vulgar lang...
12.8K 316 116
There is mature content in this book. Read at own risk. Harry Styles from One Direction is tired of being single. By chance, he stumbles upon a video...