High school DXD The path of t...

By Damowatling

This a story of Issei's early awakening after his parents are tragically murdered when he was only 11 years o... More

Chapter 1 the birth of the red dragon emperor!
Chapter 2 Introducing Rias Gremory
Chapter 3 The rampaging Stray devil
Chapter 4 The red dragon emperor!
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 times of peace
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 Yuuto returns
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 Let's clean the pool!
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 The priestess of lightning vs the ruin princess
Chapter 27 The Heart of a Dragon!
Chapter 28 This ends now!
Author note
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 The crimson saviour!
Chapter 31 Blunt sword
Chapter 32 Koneko's shadow. Release your power!
Chapter 33 I've missed you Shirone
Chapter 34 Cat fight! The Nekomata siblings
Chapter 35 Get ready for the Kuoh academy sports festival! He's my Issei!
Chapter 37 the darkness behind the door
Chapter 38 you picked the wrong day to piss me off!
Chapter 39 The Gremories vs the Crime force dragon!
Chapter 40 Holy demonic light vs chaotic despair!
Chapter 41 A mask to cover up the sadness
Chapter 42 The dark wings which ensnare her heart
Chapter 43 One year with the Gremories! Issei's big surprise!
Chapter 44 Euclid's master plan. I won't let you hurt my fiancee!
Chapter 45 Rias Gremory has fallen? Issei's tough decision!
Chapter 46 Issei's heavy gamble!
Chapter 47 Hail to the new king! A crash of crimson
Chapter 48 the master and his servant

Chapter 36 Go for the gold Kuoh Academy!

3K 57 3
By Damowatling

Chapter 36 Go for the gold Kuoh Academy!

Fireworks soared into the air and exploded throughout the atmosphere. Marking the clear signal that the festival had in fact begun.

"Welcome all contestants and spectators once again to Kuoh academies spectacular sports festival! I am your commentator Kiryuu Aika. If you're just tuning in, the first year and second year boys are now approaching the starting line for the 1500 metres race." Kiryu said as the racers began to take their starting positions.

"The most exciting of the students and those who are also predicted to win, are known as the two princes of this school. Representing class 2-B we have Kiba Yuuto. And from class 2-C we have Issei Hyoudou!"

"Issei-Kun, remember what I said before. I'm going for the win today!" Kiba said as he began to get into his starting position.

"Bring it on! Let's show the world the strength of the men who serve Rias Gremory!" Issei replied responding to the announcer and getting into his own starting position.

"On your marks.... Get set.... GO!"

And with that, the gun signal sounded and the racers took off like bullets fired from the barrel.

"And their off! Their fast! As expected, the two leaders of this event are Kiba Yuuto and Issei Hyoudou!" Kiryuu said as she now got into the spirit of commentating.

"It seems these two are neck and neck! And oh! They don't seem to be slowing down despite the sharp turn coming up ahead!"

"Ahh but it seems this turn had no effect on either of the pairs speed and focus!"

Issei and Kiba ran shoulder to shoulder as if they were conjoined twins or even contestants in the three legged race.

"Sorry Issei-Kun, but I'll be going ahead now." Kiba said as he suddenly picked up speed and passed Issei like a howling wind.

"Oh! And it seems Kiba has broken the cycle and has pushed onwards towards the finish line!" Kiryuu said as Kiba sped to the half-way point of the track.

Issei grinned and then decided to dip into his reserves he had stockpiled inside.

"I won't lose Kiba." Issei said to his comrade. Tapping him on the back as he passed him.

"It's not over yet Issei-Kun!" Kiba said as he began to pick up the pace as well.

However, something was wrong here....

No matter how fast Kiba tried to run, his feet showed no sign of closing the distance between him and Issei! As Kiba's speed increased, Issei managed to still hold a strong lead!

"Damn it! Is this not enough?!" Kiba thought to himself as he saw Issei close in on the finishing line.

"And it's over! It was a close shave, but it seems that our winner for the 1500 metres, is Issei Hyoudou! Followed by Kiba Yuuto in second place! Oh and here comes the rest of the contestants..." Kiryuu said as the other participants approached the finishing line about three minutes later.

"I will obtain all of the top ranks for my president." Issei said causing a huge scream to originate from a huge crowd that had begun to form by the racing track.

A group of girls in matching clothes cheered with all of their might. Their pom poms shaking vigorously in the air!

This group of girls made Issei's popularity very evident to the public as they all wore red t-shirts with words such as, Issei Hyoudou is the best! Issei Hyoudou class 2-C and GO ISSEI!

"Kya! Who is that racer?" One girl said deciding to join the huge crowd that supported the gold medallist.

"Eh you don't know him? He's Issei Hyoudou-Kun!" A second year said in response to the newbies question.

"Wow! I want to drag him into class 2-D!" another girl said as she screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Hey is it true he doesn't have a girlfriend?"

"Of course not! Hyoudou Kun is a mystery! And nobody has been able to unravel him." Ayane said as Issei walked over to the runner up.

Rias' tolerance for these girls gawking at her future husband had finally hit its peak.

So Rias marched towards the crowd and decided to show them how it's done. As she created her own cheerleading uniform with her magic.

The crafty third year put herself on display at the front. Declaring herself to the rest of them that she was the centre of Issei's world.

"Are you alright Kiba?" Issei said offering a hand out to his friend as he sat on the floor.

"Yes thank you Issei-Kun. It's my complete defeat, you're really horrible you know that? Speed is supposed to be my specialty." Kiba said taking Issei's hand to get up.

"Well I guess I did get a bit carried away. But it was only because you suddenly passed me like that Kiba. It really surprised me!"

"Well it seems I have more training to do then. I won't lose next time Issei-Kun!" Kiba said extending his hand out to Issei.

"I'm not going to hold back next time either!" Issei said as he accepted Kiba's handshake.

"Next up we have the borrowing race! Racers take your places!" Kiryuu announced causing Issei to report to his next event.

"Yo Hyoudou, I guess it's time for us to settle this once and for all, which of us is the greatest pawn!" Saji said now standing next to the pawn of the Gremory household.

"Sure thing, but I don't intend on losing to you. After all, my president is giving it her all to cheer me on." Issei said with a smile as he gazed at his energetic fiancée who began to cheer for him with all of her heart.

"Issei, don't even think about losing! Do your president proud!" Rias said.

"Well be that as it may, I also can't afford to lose here Hyoudou. I mean, I want to look cool to a certain someone as well." Saji said as he now gazed over towards Sona Sitri the student council president.

"On your marks... Get set....GO!" The referee said causing the pawn of the Sitri house and Gremory house to shoot off.

"Wow what a start! Saji of the student council team and Issei Hyoudou have shot off from the starting point leaving the others in the dust!" Kiryuu said making Matsumoto irritated to be losing from the very start.

"Oh and seems that the two leaders have reached their envelopes. Now what will the item be that they have to find to cross the finishing line?" Kiryuu announced as both Issei and Saji tore open their envelopes.

"I can't afford to waste time, Saji is a formidable opponent so I have to quickly check and then take off." Issei thought to himself as he pulled out the white paper.

Suddenly, Issei's eyes shot wide open and a smile printed across his face.

"Hey look! Doesn't it look like Hyoudou is coming this way?" One of the cheerleaders said as he ran towards them.

"Eh you're right!" Another said showing the excitement on her face as he rapidly approached the crowd.

"Will you please come with me?" Issei said to that one lucky girl he offered his hand out to.

"Eh me? You need me to cross the finishing line?" The fortunate and excited girl said spreading jealously amongst the other girls.

"Of course please come with me." Issei said picking her up in a princess carry instantly after.

"Eh?"

"Hold on tight Rias." Issei said with a smile causing the surprised third year to blush as she relaxed her arms around his neck.

Issei took off like a rocket Rias laughing in his arms as they approached the finish line at a fast pace.

"I'm not finished yet Hyoudou!" Saji said as he began to catch up with Issei a pair of glasses held in his hand.

"Time for me to show you how much effort I put in when my president is watching me personally!" Issei said as he once again astounded another one of his rivals with his superior effort and abilities.

"Looks like I just like Kiba, have more training to do" Saji said as he was powerless to advance further than Issei.

"And once again, Issei Hyoudou wins the gold! Followed by Saji of the student council and Matsumoto of Class 2-C." Kiryu announced as the race came to an end.

"Sorry for picking you up like that so suddenly Rias." Issei said with a blush on his face after he just realised how bold he acted in front of everyone else.

"It's okay Issei, after all, it is my job as your master to support you. By the way, what was it you had to borrow to win the race?" Rias asked curious to as how she was so lucky to be picked.

"See for yourself." Issei said handing her the paper.

"No way." Rias said as she realised how special and lucky she was.

Rias read the words clearly on the piece of paper which read, (Cheerleader)

It just occurred to Rias, how special she must be for Issei to choose her out of every other girl there when this act alone could have made their relationship discovered. When he had other alternatives to choose from in order to avoid this from happening.

She also realised how lucky she was and how her jealously somehow managed to help her for a change. Because in fact, if Rias decided to ignore Issei's fan club of cheerleaders and decided to not become a cheerleader herself, she would have had to witness Issei carry another girl across that finishing line.

Rias blushed and felt like she wanted to embrace Issei there and then. To thank her lucky stars that she met Issei and for her brother who resurrected him as a devil. But she held back the urge. Telling herself she would show Issei her gratitude in a more secluded and private area. So she did all she could do at this point.

"You did great. Congratulations." Rias said making a certain individual carrying a bucket of water behind them very frustrated.

"Why is it always Issei?!" The individual thought to themselves as they walked towards him.

Matsumoto was so steamed, that it would not be surprising if the bucket of water he collected for the borrowing race, were to start to boil in his hands.

A mischievous grin appeared on his face as he emptied the contents of the bucket aiming it towards Rias now as she had changed back into her white PE t-shirt.

"President Rias!" Issei shouted as he managed to defend Rias' uniform from becoming see-through much to Matsumoto's disappointment and to the overwhelming delight of the girls of the Issei Hyoudou fan club.

"Wow! Look that idiotic pervert Matsumoto did something right for a change!"

"Kya look at those muscles!" Another girl said seeing Issei's muscular form previously concealed under his t-shirt.

"Ahhh I want him right now!" One girl said and it was indeed a tough task for Rias Gremory to stop herself from saying right now that they couldn't have him.

"Kyaa! Issei-Sama! Have my babies!" Another girl said which suddenly irritated the sapphire haired knight of the Gremory household as well as Rias this time.

But Rias calmed herself down and instead offered him a towel, for the one she cared for the most.

Whilst most girls of the Gremory household remained focused on the festival and Issei, one poor girl was worrying herself to death as her participation in this important competition was only moments around the corner.

"Geez it comes in handy to know magic sometimes. Oh hey Asia." Issei said as he snuck round the corner to dry himself off.

"What's wrong? Are you feeling nervous?" Issei said now sitting down next to her as she pressed her back against the wall.

"Yeah a little bit I guess." Asia replied weakly trying to not make eye contact.

"There is nothing to be worried about Asia. Just do the same as we did at practice" Issei said but to no avail as the blonde haired girl still showed no confidence.

"I'm worried that I will let you down at the most critical point! I'm not good at sports and I'm always being helped by others! Maybe it would be best if I forfeit! Better to quit then to have everyone see you lose Issei-san!" Asia yelled.

However, she was not expecting to be in Issei's arms after she finished shouting.

"Issei-san?" Asia said as she suddenly calmed down.

"Have you calmed down now?" Issei asked and in response to his question she weakly nodded.

Issei let her go and then placed his arms on Asia's shoulders looking directly into her eyes.

"Asia look at me. You have worked just as hard as anyone ever since you became a part of the Gremories! Not only did you not hate me after finding out who I am, you asked Rias to make you her servant so you could help me when I need you the most. And so what if we lose? That doesn't matter one bit to me! There will be times where we won't win. All we have to do is dust ourselves off and then become stronger!"

"Issei-san"

You're an incredible person to me and one of the people I treasure the most. It makes me happy to have such a dependable person having my back for me."

"So let's go Asia. Stay by my side and help me achieve the impossible." Issei said extending out his hand out to her.

"Issei-san!" Asia said doing the unexpected.

Asia threw her shaking arms around Issei's neck and collided her lips into his as if they were being pulled in by a strong magnetic force.

"I won't lose to the president or anyone else." Asia said after she let go of him.

"Asia?"

"Racers for the three legged race! Report to the starting line now." Kiryuu announced as if she were playing the role as Asia's wingman to break the awkward atmosphere.

Asia with a huge adrenaline rushing through her offered out her hand to Issei and was ready to win this.

"Let's go Issei-san. That's us." Asia said with a huge smile.

Issei smiled and took her hand to get to his feet and then made his way with her to the event.

Asia was now feeling on cloud nine as she matched Issei's movements perfectly as if they were her own limbs she were in sync with.

The former sister of the church felt as if she was walking on air as she and Issei effortlessly crossed the finishing line making the others in comparison seem like the worst matchups.

"Just one more to go." Issei said as he breathed a sigh of relief and made his preparations for the final event. The mixed gender relay.

Issei put on his jersey and tightened his red headband as he got in his position as the last runner.

The order for the relay went like this, Asia, Motohama, Xenovia and finally Issei.

"Get back! Get back! It's not safe to be so close to the track get back!" A teacher said to the crowd of Issei fans which continued to grow in size.

The race took off at the sound of the gun! And Asia was still showing signs of unnerving confidence!

"Motohama-san!" Asia yelled as she passed the baton to the second of the perverted duo.

"Leave it to me Asia-chan!" Motohama replied with a huge blush on his face.

"Xenovia-Chan here you g..." Motohama said as he clumsily dropped the baton at her feet and grazed her bottom.

"You idiot! What do you think you're doing?!" Xenovia said as she bent down to pick up the discarded item.

All of a sudden, A second year girl from class 2-A pushed her from behind the minute she received her own baton.

"Oops sorry friend!" The girl said as Xenovia tasted the dirt of the ground.

"Ahh what a failure." One girl said to the girl who currently lay on the ground.
"How could she let down Issei-sama" Another evil spite sounded out.

"And just when it was almost Hyoudou's turn to win yet another gold for Class 2-C."

"What a cluts!" Another girl said undermining Xenovia's confidence.

With her uniform covered in dirt and wrinkled, Xenovia ran with tears of frustration appearing upon her face as she hopelessly fell behind the others.

"Damn it! I'm a disgrace! How could I be so careless! I told Issei that he could count on me. And now, his amazing streak he worked so hard to get, will be tainted by my stupid actions!" Xenovia thought to herself as the final runners for the other class already took off.

However, Xenovia saw something that she at this point did not expect.

Issei wasn't showing a face of shame or disappointment, in fact it was the complete opposite! Issei was smiling directly at her with his hand out ready.

Xenovia shook away her pessimism and successfully handed the baton to Issei.

And just before he took off, Issei whispered this in her ear.

"You did great, now leave the rest to me Xenovia." Issei said as he took off with incredible speed.

"It looks like class 2-A is going to win this event. Wait hang on.... Is that? It is! Issei Hyoudou has achieved the impossible and caught up with the leader even after his team's accident. No wait, fantastic! He has passed class 2-A's leader" Kiryuu said unable to contain her excitement.

"Oh wait, class 2-A is up to something... A sweep! Class 2-A is playing dirty and is trying to do the same as they did to class 2-C's Xenovia and are trying to trip Issei just as he caught up."

"Hang on! The plan has failed! Class 2-C is the winner! Just as the male runner of class 2-A stuck out their foot, Issei vaulted over the hurdle and won by a nose hair!" Kiryuu said making the crowd go wild for the victors of the festival.

Class 2-C had won by a landslide victory and had earned first place and the gold trophy to mark their glorious triumph!

Back at the Hyoudou household....

After a draining day of school, it was no surprise that everybody just wanted to eat and then hit the hay right afterwards.

Issei lay in bed with Rias by his side and relaxed his mind into a deep sleep.

Issei opened his eyes again. But he did not see his room or Rias... In fact, he saw nothing but a white void.

Issei recognised that he was not in the sacred gear. As normally, there would be a table with the previous Sekiryutei's in here also. No this was definitely different.

Suddenly, a voice sounded in the background.

"No please! Please don't hurt my family!" A voice said making Issei spin around in a panic.

"Whine all you want you pathetic human! And say hello to god for me!" An evil voice said making the dull and white void darken with colours of black and red.

Issei stood in a puddle of red liquid and viewed his reflection. He was 11 years old again! And this was his worst memory.

Issei yelled begging the maniacal woman to stop as he saw once again his parent's murder. Then came his turn.

"If you want to blame anyone for this, blame god for what he gave to you!"

And with that, it all went black and Issei had been killed yet again.

Normally at this point, Issei would wake up and the nightmare would be over. However, this time, he seemed to hear a second act.

"Dear where is he?! We've looked everywhere!" A panicked woman's voice said which sounded very familiar.

"Calm down honey, we will find him. After all this is a big place." A gentle man said trying to calm the frantic female.

"But we've looked for years dear. You don't think that he was sent?"

"Don't say that! Don't even think it! He was a good boy and he is our son! Don't give up hope. We will find him." A voice said suddenly pulling Issei out of his sleep.

Issei sat up from his bed and his heart was racing at 100mph! The frightened red dragon emperor was coated in rivers sweat which covered his entire body.

Issei breathed heavily and his lungs began to go out of control as he struggled to pull himself together.

Suddenly, a warm source of heat and a soothing spirit embraced him. Almost instantly calming down his quickly beating heart.

Issei turned to his back and saw her embracing him from behind.

"Rias?"

"Issei, what's wrong?" Rias asked curiously knowing full well that Issei had not in the slightest had a nice rest.

Oooh the plot thickens! A new mystery begins to unfold. And a past previously forgotten begins to resurface! Who were those voices Issei heard before he awoke? And what will Issei tell Rias? Will he hide his weakness or welcome her support? Find out in the next chapter of High school DxD path of the Sekiryutei!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 130 20
A mysterious young man enters the town of Kouh in search of a student to carry on his teachings and legacy, as well as the ways of an ancient religio...
84K 4.3K 75
"From here on out, this is my story. And I'll lead this life however I want to." (Y/N) had read tales about people waking up and finding themselves i...
64.8K 570 8
Issei finds out the truth about his reincarnation as a devil. See what will issei become and what course of action he takes. This story is similar t...