But, Shes my Best Friend (Ash...

By xxHxxx

Zoë and Ashton have been friends since 3rd grade. He's never realised he's had a crush on his best friend unt... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Authors Update *Important*

Chapter 32

8.2K 155 27
By xxHxxx

At some point of the night we ended up back at the hill. Me and Zoe sat next to each other, we didn't know where Calum and Chloe were. Which was sorta good because it would mean me and Zoe were alone. But me and Zoe were almost always alone together, and it really didn't matter if we were alone or not we wouldn't be doing anything anyway.

"I don't like how we are growing up too fast" Zoe stared at the moon, that rested directly above the houses that rested on the hills.

"Neither do I" I chuckled, "remember that time you almost got ISS for hugging what was his name again? Jason? Mark?" I laughed recalling the memory of us in 6th grade.

"Mason, it was stupid though, I mean come on it was his birthday and he always gave me answers to the math homework" She smiled.

"How about in 9th grade, when you had that huge crush on Rebecca and it turned out" she paused, "she wasn't so straight after all"

"I didn't know! She was really pretty though damn" I defended myself.

"You know I could've had a chance with her" She smirked, playfully elbowing me. I laughed, shaking my head.

"Remember when we went to the roller skating rink, and Chloe fell which caused Calum to fall and-" She tried talking inbetween laughter, I knew what she was talking about. The fact I could remember it clearly, and it replied over and over in my head made me laugh along with her. Her laughter grew louder and harder and I couldn't help but continue laughing.

"Calm down Zoe" The way she was laughing way too hard about it made it even funnier. She held her stomach as she continued laughing hysterically. Once she calmed we continued to recall the funniest memories we possibly could.

She clicked on her phone,"we should go its late"

She began to get up, but before she could start to walk away I grabbed her arm pulling her back towards me, or the ground, I wasn't quite sure which one I was going for. She stumbled back and fell on top of home, to where her back was on my chest. Her head rested on my shoulder, she looked up at me. Her eyes were so dull, yet so full of life. They suited her. They were beautiful , just like her. My arms absentmindedly wrapped around her waist. We laid like that for a while, before she made an effort to get up. She grabbed my hand to help me up. She pulled her hair back into a pony-tail. We carefully walked down the hill without saying a word to each other.

The drive home was also quiet. There was only music to fill in the empty silence. Once we arrived Zoë looked sleepy. Her eyes drowsy and she kept yawning. We didn't say bye, because we both new we'd end up talking to each other until we fell asleep.

•ZOËS POV•

I stepped into the warm shower I had prepared myself. As I closed my eyes and let the water run down my body, I thought of every possible thing that occurred today. Every conversation, every movement, every joke. I wanted to try and remember everything. It was really late, and my parents weren't home. I knew Ashton would be wanting to talk, but I didn't have enough energy to sit by that window. By the time I got out of the shower it was 12:45, I quickly changed and brushed my hair before pulling it up into a ponytail.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand. I scrolled down my contacts, finding Ashton's name. My room door was opened, the hallway was pitch black, I attempted to fix my eyes back onto the phone screen but I couldn't. I just stared at the darkness expecting for something to happen. I was still scared as fuck, but ever since that ouijia board day, nothing strange had occurred. I was thankful of it though.

To Ashton:

Come over..

I placed my phone down beside me before turning on the tv. I couldnt find anything good so I sticked to watching Zoey 101. As I got comfortable in bed my phone vibrated. I slid my finger across the screen to read the text message.

From Ashton:

Do you know how late it is?!

The house is always so empty, and even thought Ashton lives right next door, I wanted to feel the presence of another human being. I wanted to talk to him without getting up and siting my that damn window every time, I swear to god the neighbours can hear us. And when the neighbours can hear us they start to gossip, about the dumb conversation.

To Ashton:

Please Ashton I'm really bored and alone :(

I tried to focus on the TV my it felt as if my eyelids were getting heavy. Hopefully if Ashton did come I wouldn't fall asleep. I didn't feel like sleeping just yet. A couple of minutes later I heard a knock on the door. I literally ran downstairs almost tripping on my feet as I quickly bolted to the door. When I opened the door a half naked Ashton was standing right in front of me.

"Why?" Was all I managed to say.

"Because you and me both know I'll end up falling asleep here," he said.

I shrugged letting him inside. We both walked upstairs. I shut the door behind me, to keep me from staring into the hallway and scaring myself. I brushed my teeth before heading back to bed. Ashton was laying at the end, on his stomach. Resting his head on one of the many pillows that I had.

"I still don't understand why you couldn't put some pants on at least" I laughed climbing under the sheets. He did the same. My calf brushed his thigh in the process of getting comfortable.

I grab my phone from the nightstand during a commercial break, I refresh the page hoping there would be a new text message from someone. Anyone. Unfortunately there was none.

"Pass me the remote" Ashton says, I gently toss the remote to his side. He starts flipping through the channels.

"Do you not like Zoey 101?" I ask him.

"It's okay, but it gets annoying after a while." He answers. He stops at Friends, and tosses the remote to the ground.

"Have you heard from Calum?" Ashton asks me, looking back at me.

I shake my head, "I haven't heard from anyone"

We both fix out eyes on the TV. We stay silent the rest of the night, except for when the commercial breaks come on, we end up finding something to talk about.

It was about 3 when I felt my eyelids getting heavy. I shut my eyes and ended up falling asleep.

***

I opened my eyes from the weird dream, I don't remember much but Chloe and Ashton were in it. I think Calum was too but I couldn't remember it well. I noticed Ashton's eyes wrapped around my waist. When did he get on this side of the bed? I tried to wiggle out of his arms without waking him.

Once I got out I headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth, I pulled my messy hair up into a bun. Ashton was still asleep so I decided to go make breakfast. I headed downstairs and attempted to make eggs and bacon. With the hopes that I wouldn't burn down the house.

"Good morning" I said as I placed the eggs and bacon on a plate for Ashton. He still looked tired as he took a seat on the stool by the counter.

"Morning" He muttered, "thanks" I grabbed a fork for his then served myself.

I leaned against the counter to eat, "you want something to drink?" I asked him.

"I'll get it, you've done enough" he smiled. He poured orange juice into the two cups.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked him when he came back with our drinks.

"Yeah, you went to sleep really quick," He laughed, completely unaware of how he slept.

"What do you wanna do today?" He asked. It was a hard a hard question, since we didn't have much to do in the small town.

"I'm probably gonna sleep all day or watch Netflix" I said taking a bite out of my bacon.

"Can I stay here and watch some TV with you?" He asked, I nodded. There was literally nothing to do today. We placed the dishes in the sink and headed back upstairs. He sat next to me on the bed. I checked my phone as Ashton picked out something for us to watch. I had one new text message.

From Luke:

Hey, Are you doing anything today?

To Luke:

Yeah sorry

I desperately wanted to hang out with Luke since we haven't hung out in quite a while. But I already made plans with Ashton and I didn't want to do that to him. Again.

"What'd you pick?" I looked up from my phone.

"The Breakfast Club" He flashed me the cutest dimpled smile. It was so cute I felt the need to poke his dimple.

"Who were you texting?" He asked.

"Luke he wanted to know if I could hang out" I answered him plugging my phone in so it could charge.

"Oh" He looked down at his hands.

"I said no, though, because I wanted to hang out with my best friend instead".

He smiled, running his hands through his hair, "I'm your best friend?" He sarcastically asked. I smiled at him and shook my head. We both leaned back in the headboard. Fixing our eyes on the small TV.

____________________________________________________

Authors note:

You don't understand how bad I feel for this late update.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.6K 1.2K 31
As a senior in high school, Laurie is befriended by a new boy named Calum and the two become inseparable immediately. But when she is taken hostage b...
185K 4.7K 44
Hayley, Calum, Luke, Michael and Ashton have all been best friends since primary school, the five of them are completely inseparable, particularly Ca...
1.7M 65.1K 36
Michael is looking for a new start and a way to manage his anger issues when he moves back to Sydney, leaving his mum behind, and moves in with his f...
26.1K 341 24
Luke and Maddie meet for the first time and it's instant sparks. Meanwhile Maddie agrees to go on tour with her best friend Gemma's brother for 2 mon...