Leah Riddle (Book 1)

By xxShaylee3xx

(Series in Editing) "What's going on?" I turned to Severus. "We need your help. The Death Eaters," Barty said... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One

Chapter Thirty-Seven

3.1K 50 14
By xxShaylee3xx

 I ran up into the boys' dorm and found Draco sitting by the window watching the fish in the lake.

"Draco," I said softly. He turned around in shock.

"What?" 

"I want you back!" I blurted.

"I like you a lot, and my dad saw that. He knew all about us, and he thought you were distracting me from my task.  He made me break up with you, and I knew if I just told you that you'd ask questions. I had to be harsh, and I regret every moment of it!" I took a deep breath and he stared at me with his eyebrows raised.

"I think I love you," I said.

***

Day of the First Task

"Leah, are you ready?" Pansy asked worriedly.

"Yes, I'm good. I can do this!" I sighed as we walked down to the Quidditch field, only it was transformed into the arena. It was quite rocky and the stands were much different.

"Good luck!" she cried, hugging me tightly. I nodded after hugging her back and then I walked into the champions' tent. I saw Potter sitting there nervously, and Cedric was pacing. Fleur seemed to be muttering in French and Viktor was hidden in a corner.

"Leah, are you ready?" Viktor asked in his thick accent.

"Yes I'm ready," I nodded and he hugged me.

"Good luck," he said and I smiled.

"You too," I nodded.

"Leah, we can do this," Potter said, but I knew he didn't believe himself.

"Harry, I know that, but do you?" I asked, smiling sadly.

"Pst, Harry, is that you?" someone whispered from the opening of the tent.

"Yeah, I'm here. So is Leah," he said and I heard her breathing heavily.

"H-how are you two feeling?" she asked and I shook my head.

"Granger, just walk in," I heard a familiar voice say. The opening that was now closed opened again and Draco, along with Granger, walked in. Granger embraced Potter while Draco hugged me tightly. We saw a flash of light and I pulled away from Draco.

"Excuse me, what are you doing?" I asked Rita as she took pictures of us all hugging.

"Oh young love!" she sighed and I shook my head.

"You have no business here. This tent is for champions, and friends," Viktor said sternly and she smiled.

"Oh well, I have what I need," she said before strutting out.

"Be careful Leah," Draco kissed my forehead and I nodded.

"Of course," I said.

"You two are awfully close again," Granger noticed and I jumped away.

"No, we're friends," I said sternly.

*Flashback*

I just told Draco Malfoy I loved him. Draco stared at me for a moment and I just stared back, fearful of what he'd say.

"Leah...I don't love you. You hurt me too badly, I can't go through that ever again," he said and I felt my heart drop into my gut.

"Oh..." I whispered, willing myself not to cry.

"I guess you aren't taking me back?" I asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

"No," he sighed. I nodded slowly and started to turn away, not letting him see my heart on my sleeve.

"Leah..." he said haltingly and I froze by the door.

"Hm?" I asked, not turning around.

"I'm kidding," he said and I could hear the smile in his voice. I faced the door for a while, not turning around and neither of us said a word.

"Draco Malfoy," I bit out between my teeth.

"Yes?" he asked smugly and I spun around on my heel, my eyes glowing red.

"You no good filthy rotten cockroach!" I screamed, storming over to him and punctuating my words with a punch to the arm. He was laughing, and then lightly pushed me away.

"Hey now, I thought you loved me," he taunted and I felt slightly embarrassed.

"I take that back!" I snapped and he pulled me into a hug.

"I love you, too," he murmured against my forehead and I scowled.

"You're terrible," I growled, and he just laughed.

"I'm glad you're taking me back," he said, ignoring my comment.

"I have something for you," he smiled.

*End flashback*

Of course, I had to lie to Granger. He still has to be with Moon and I've gotta be with Weasley, but it's like before, we're both pretending.

"Alright, if that's what you say," Granger accepted.

"Alright champions, gather around!" Dumbledore boomed, walking in with the judges, Ludo Bagman, and Mr. Crouch.

"Great, now it's time to fill you in...Ms. Granger, Mr. Malfoy, what are you two doing here?" Bagman asked.

"Oh, right sorry!" Granger muttered and Draco smirked before sending a wink my way and then walking out. Dumbledore looked at me with a knowing glint in his eyes, but I ignored him.

"You will be selecting a small model of the thing you are about to face, out of this bag!" he smiled, showing us a purple bag.

"There are different varieties you see, and you've got to get a Golden Egg from it. That is your task, to collect the Golden Egg. So, Ms. Delacour, you first," he said, and then held the bag out to her. She put her hand in a pulled out a tiny dragon. She wasn't surprised, which meant she knew what the task was, too.

"Ah, the Welsh Greenback...yes you will be second," he said, indicating to the two around its neck.

"Now Mr. Krum." Viktor pulled out his dragon, which had a three around its neck.

"Ah, the Chinese Fireball. Mr. Diggory," he said, moving on.

"Mm, the Swedish Short-snout. You're first, now Mr. Potter, it's your turn," he smiled.

"Ah...unfortunate, the Hungarian Horntail," he said, and Potter was fourth. He looked scared, but I had reason to be terrified. I had the Peruvian Vipertooth.

"Now, uh, Ms. Loveland," he gulped, and I knew that he was well aware of what I had to go up against.

"Yes, the Peruvian Vipertooth...you shall be last. Good luck...to all of you," he said, looking intently at me. I sighed heavily and started pacing. He walked out but Dumbledore stayed behind, watching me carefully. I played with the emerald ring around my finger. It was silver with a beautifully carved silver snake wrapped around the emerald. It was the gift Draco wanted to give me.

"Ms. Loveland, a word?" Dumbledore smiled and I glared.

"Of course," I said forcing a smile. We walked out of the tent and went over to the side.

"How are you feeling?" he asked sincerely.

"Terrified, I need to get out there! I cannot go last it's killing me!" I scowled.

"Be safe, Ms. Loveland. I happen to know someone who will miss you dearly," he said, looking at my ring that I was once again nervously playing with.

"Really, because this was given to me by my mum," I lied.

"Leah, I know better than that," he chuckled.

"Say a word to anyone..." I threatened.

"My lips are sealed," he smiled.

"A word about what?" someone asked and I looked past Dumbledore to see Potter and Ludo Bagman watching with interest.

"A word about this ring... it was given to me by someone special," I smirked.

"Who gave it to you? Ron?" he asked, walking over to examine it.

"He really embraced the whole Slytherin side of you, huh?" Potter asked in surprise.

"Ronald didn't give this to me; it was from Blaise. I'm single and all but I don't wanna hurt Ron's feelings, nor do I want to hurt Blaise's. Do you see my dilemma?" I asked with a sad smile.

"Yeah, but why'd Zabini give you that?" he asked suspiciously.

"He likes me," I said, rolling my eyes. Potter laughed and shook his head.

"You're a very difficult person to please, aren't you?" he smiled and I nodded.

"Of course. I can't be too easy now, can I?"

"Alright champions!" Bagman said, walking in the tent again.

"When that cannon sounds, the first champion will go out to face their dragon!" he said, and the cannon sounded.

"Good luck!" he said and Cedric paled. He walked out of the tent and I blocked out all noises. I didn't want to hear any commentary, dragon roars... or whatever. Cheers erupted from the stand and I guess Cedric won. The cannon blasted again and Fleur nervously walked out. Eventually, she won also, and it was Viktor's turn.

"Harry," I called over the dragon roar.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"Good luck, I love you like a brother," I smiled, and then hugged him.

"You too Leah and I love you like a sister," he said, and then the cannon sounded. He swallowed hard and walked out. I listened to the dragon, the crowd, and the commentary. Apparently, Potter did very, very well. The least amount of time. I listened to the cheers and then heard the cannon sound. Here I go.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.4K 2.2K 28
Severus Snape x Original Female Character After the Dark Lord emerged victorious from the war, having finally killed Harry Potter, new laws were ine...
554K 6.7K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...
47.1K 1.3K 42
Draco Malfoy: cold, distant, ignorant, rude, arrogant, and above all else, downright gorgeous. Juniper Hartley: caring, intelligent, unfathomably sw...
1.1M 32.2K 48
Harry had lived an awful life so far first his abusive relatives then this huge man comes in and tells him he is actually a wizard and he will be att...