Leah Riddle (Book 1)

By xxShaylee3xx

(Series in Editing) "What's going on?" I turned to Severus. "We need your help. The Death Eaters," Barty said... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One

Chapter Thirty-Six

3.1K 49 17
By xxShaylee3xx

November 20th

"Harry, how are we going to get past dragons?" I moaned after closing the millionth book I've read about dragons.

"I dunno, Leah. We have to get past them though, we've just got to," he sighed.

"Hagrid wants to take us for another look at the dragons," Weasley said.

"Right, let's go," I said and looked at the night sky. So far, being apart from Draco really kills me because he seems to have every girl in the whole school bewitched. They all swoon over him! It's like they've all taken a love potion. I catch him looking at me every once and a while, but each time he does, he just smirks and pulls another one of his girl toys over.  

"It's a good thing I wore a sweatshirt," I growled as we stepped outside. 

"Sorry, I didn't realize it'd be this cold," Weasley smiled sheepishly. I gave him a warm smile and made my eyes flash pink before resuming the purple I've grown accustomed to.

"It's fine Ron," I said, making my gaze capture his, and then hesitantly looking away. He shivered and I smirked.

"Cold?" I asked, though he definitely wasn't under his t-shirt, sweatshirt, and jacket.

"Not exactly," he blushed and I winked.

"Ugh, stop excessively flirting," Potter gagged.

"Shut it, Harry," I laughed and Weasley scowled hatefully at him.

"There yeh are!" Hagrid smiled as we came up to his hut.

"Here I am!" I smiled and he chuckled.

"Okay, let's go," he said, waving for us to follow. We came to a clearing and I looked over the dragons. One was definitely a Hungarian Horntail, and the other a Welsh Greenback, but the others I didn't know.

"Hagrid, what's that one?" I asked, pointing to a silvery green one with a very dangerous appearance. It seemed to have two horns on its head, spikes all along his long tail, very armored scales, and lethal-looking teeth; much sharper and longer than the others.

"Tha' is a Peruvian Vipertooth," he said with a frown.

"Quite poisonous and very dangerous; you educated bout the Horntails?" he asked and I nodded.

"Even more vicious than tha'," he nodded solemnly and I sighed.

"Let's hope Fleur gets that one," I said seriously.

"Leah, that's mean," Potter scolded.

"I really don't like her," I moaned. Weasley snickered and I smirked.

"Come on, we need you well rested," Weasley said, turning around. We walked back up to the castle and I went to bed, avoiding Draco's gaze as I sauntered into the common room. He was sitting with Clarissa Moon again.

***

November Twenty Third

The first task is tomorrow. 

"Morning," Blaise yawned.

"Morning," I said quickly.

"Are you nervous Leah?" Pansy asked worriedly.

"Yes... I just think that once I actually get to the task, I'll be fine. The anticipation is what's killing me," I said, sitting on the couch.

"You're gonna do great!" Blaise smiled and I gave him a thankful smile back.

"Thanks, Blaise, I needed that," I said.

"Leah, how are you?" Clarissa asked, trying to seductively walk down the stairs, then realized Draco wasn't here.

"I'm fine, Moon," I said coolly.

"Oh, I just figured you might need support. A boyfriend would really be helpful; I've got my Draco, what about you?" she asked sweetly.

"Oh I've got more than one, don't you worry," I winked and she looked down at my arms which were bare.

"What exactly is on your inner left forearm, Leah? Oh, does dear Draco know your secret? What about Potter?" she asked, grinning evilly.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, making my skin cover up my mark. I held my arm up and she frowned.

"Oh, I could've sworn you had a dark mark," she muttered.

"Don't assume," I snapped and she laughed.

"You don't like me, do you? Aw why not?" she asked faking sadness. I said nothing and she sat next to me, putting a hand on my arm gently.

"Is it because Draco prefers me?" she asked softly. I glared at her hand and then looked up at her. She had on this annoying smug smirk. I drew back and punched her in the face. She fell back and gasped, holding her jaw.

"It's because you're a sad excuse for a Slytherin and you can't fight back!" I yelled and started angrily walking up the steps to get dressed. I looked behind me quickly before slowing down; she wasn't following. Good. I turned around and ran straight into someone. 

"Ouch," I frowned and looked up. Draco was looking down at me in surprise and his hair was ruffled in a way that should be illegal. I gave him a cold look and scowled.

"Your girlfriend's down there in need of support," I snarled.

"What are you talking about?"

"Somebody just, I don't know, punched her," I shrugged and then tried to push past him, but he was too strong. 

"Leah, who punched Clarissa?" he asked, his hand lingering on my arm.

"Oh...some girl...Leah? Yeah, I think that's who," I said, pretending to concentrate.

"Why did you do that?" he groaned.

"She made me angry, now can you move?" I asked, but then turned around as I heard sniffles and footsteps.

"Oh Draco, good your awake! She just punched me!" Clarissa accused.

"Yes, I heard...uh I've gotta go," he said and then I followed him upstairs, only I went into my room and he went into his. I grabbed my Slytherin tie and draped it around my neck before pulling on a black dress. I tied my tie and went back downstairs to get Pansy.

"Ready to learn?" I smiled cheerfully and Pansy glared.

"Leah, your annoying in the morning."

"Come on, lets go!" I demanded and saw Pansy was wearing her full uniform.

"Gross," I said and she snorted.

Before we could walk out of the common room, the door opened and Severus came through

"Leah, professor Dumbledore would like to see you," he said wearily. He looked at my arms and frowned not seeing my mark.

"Yes professor," I said and followed him out.

"Why does Dumbledore want me?" I asked once we were out of the common room.

"I haven't the slightest," he lied and I glared.

"Are you nervous about your first task?" he asked, changing the subject.

"A bit, but once I get out there tomorrow I'll be fine," I shrugged.

"Do you know who put your name in the Goblet?" he asked quietly.

"No," I lied.

"Be safe," he warned as we reached Dumbledore's office.

"Cockroach Clusters," he muttered and the gargoyle spun around revealing a staircase. I walked up to it and knocked on the door.

"Enter," a quiet voice said. I pushed open the door and found Dumbledore at his desk.

"Ah, Ms. Loveland, please sit," he said gesturing to the chair in front of him.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Actually yes," he frowned.

"It's about the dress code, nonviolence policy, and a few other things," he said sternly. 

"What about them?" I asked innocently.

"You've broken the dress code every day Ms. Loveland," he sighed.

"Professor, I always wear something from my uniform. For example, I'm wearing my tie today," I pointed out.

"You're supposed to wear your full uniform," he said.

"We'll see," I said. He sighed and put his hands to his temples.

"Now it has also been brought to my attention that you've gotten yourself into at least two duels, and you've managed to hit a few people, including Clarissa Moon. You have also, as I have been told by our very own Professor Snape, taken a love potion from class," he listed and I scowled at Severus.

"Ginny started the first duel, and Crabbe and Goyle started the second one, and Clarissa deserved to be punched, she was stealing my boyfriend and then rubbing it in my face," I spat.

"As for the love potion, yes I took it, but I never used it. Okay well, I used it, but I only tried it on my owl. It didn't work as well on animals," I sighed. Of course, that was a lie, but he doesn't know that.

"It was brought to everyone's attention that you and Draco are no longer in a relationship. You specifically said it was over between you two. Unless you still have feelings for him that is," he smiled, his eyes sparkling.

"The only person I have feelings for is Ron Weasley," I smirked, knowing this was the biggest lie of all.

"Then why did young Draco dating Ms. Moon bother you?" he asked as if he already knew the answer.

"You don't just go flaunting your boyfriend around his ex. It's morally wrong and she was touching me. She's such a sad excuse for a Slytherin," I frowned.

"And that is a sad excuse. Tell me, why is it you two broke up?" he asked. 

"Why must you know?" I asked.

"You need to be focused for tomorrow and I know there are things distracting you," he said and I frowned.

"It's because I don't feel anything for him!" I snapped.

"Well, he feels for you," he said sadly and with a wave of his wand, an image of Draco shimmered in the air. He sat by a window looking upset, holding a small wrapped box.

"What's he doing?" I asked and he made the image disappear.

"That was him right now, worrying about you," he said.

"What was he holding?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"A gift for his girlfriend," Dumbledore said, his eyes glinting.

"Why would I need to know he got a gift for Clarissa?" I asked sourly.

"Not Clarissa...you," he said and I shook my head.

"Can I go please?" I asked impatiently.

"Of course, but I'm afraid you have detention with Severus the twenty-sixth." He said as I stormed out. I barged down to Hagrid's hut for Care of Magical Creatures class.

"Leah, we're have yeh been?' Hagrid asked.

"In Dumbledore's office," I growled and he nodded.

"Well, today's lesson is on unicorns," he smiled and I nodded.

"What's wrong?" Pansy asked, coming over.

"Dumbledore gave me a detention for disobeying the dress code and being violent," I snorted.

"Then he started questioning me about my break up with Draco...where is he?" I asked, looking around.

"He said he didn't feel well, he's up in his room. He hasn't come down at all," she frowned.

"Dumbledore said he was worried," I said.

"You should really mend things between you two," she said firmly.

"I know I should. I can't though...father's orders," I mumbled. 

"Screw your father," she said.

"Pansy are you suggesting I disobey him of all people?" I asked.

"Yes, just make sure it's a secret. My lips are sealed," she said, miming zippering her lips.

"Hm...I will after class," I nodded.

"Yay!" she squealed. I laughed and then felt something breathing on my neck. I turned around and saw a pure white unicorn standing directly behind me. I smiled and reached out to pet it. Before I could though, it bent down and started sniffing my chest. My wand was in between my bra and that's what it seemed to want. I pulled it out and she snorted happily. My wand felt really hot and then it started glowing gold. I frowned and looked at the unicorn who was poking me with her nose. I patted her and she licked my face. I laughed and my wand emitted a jet of golden light that wrapped around the unicorn, making it glow. I shielded my eyes, and once the light died down I looked at the unicorn again. I gasped as I saw her once silver horn, a shimmering gold. She happily snorted again and I stroked her.

"Leah, this is amazing," Pansy whispered. The unicorn bent her head and tapped my wand with her horn. I watched as an intricate design carved it's way through my wand, leaving them imprinted in a shinning gold. Once my whole wand was branded, it didn't stop glowing, but I felt more power radiating from it than before.

"Professor, what's happening?" Granger asked and I saw the whole class looking on in awe.

"Tha' unicorn provided the hair fer Leah's wand. It's core belongs ter tha' unicorn," he said, amazed.

"Leah's wand is now twice as powerful and is nearly indestructible. According to Leah's alliance, it is either a very pure wand tha' has amazing powers to use fer good purposes, or an evil wand indeed tha' will be used to kill and curse," he said, and I admit, I didn't know that.

 I realized this wand could make me more powerful than my father.

"That's amazing!" Seamus blurted.

"Are you kidding, she's still a lame Gryffindor lover," Clarissa sneered.

"Don't make me hex you," I threatened her and she glared, but didn't say a word.

"Well, I think that's it for this listen everyone. Great job today, I'm glad ye got to see somethin so special," Hagrid dismissed us.

"Leah, that was incredible!" Weasley admitted, coming up to me.

"It sure was surprising," I nodded.

"Come on, don't we have double Potions together?" he asked.

"Yeah, but I've got to do something first. I'll meet you there," I smiled and he nodded.

"Off to make up with Draco?" Pansy smirked.

"Let's hope he'll forgive me."

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.1K 1.1K 16
TOMIONE/DRAMIONE FANFICTION (EDITING) __________ The world has gotten darker ever since Lord Voldemort's return was confirmed, and Harry Potter must...
12.4K 493 29
Y/N is a muggle born. All her life she had been taught normal things. But when her Hogwarts letter arrives, she can't help but be giddy with exciteme...
326K 5.6K 115
"Y/n, you know I would never hurt you," he took a step forward, but I kept stepping backward. "Yeah I know," I said hesitantly. "Then why are you bac...
8.4M 236K 100
❛And do you know what's the stupidest thing about this?❜ said Draco and made an aggressive step towards me. ❛That after all this,❜ he grasped my fore...