But, Shes my Best Friend (Ash...

By xxHxxx

Zoë and Ashton have been friends since 3rd grade. He's never realised he's had a crush on his best friend unt... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Authors Update *Important*

Chapter 29

8.6K 152 12
By xxHxxx

Zoë insisted on getting me a drink, while Calum and Chloe were off dancing, or mingling, or whatever the fuck they do. I sat at the first table I found available. There was a lot to choose from since no one was actually sitting down. Once I sat down I saw Zoë carefully making her way to the table, she was carrying to cups of whatever the fuck was in there.

"Here" she said placing the cup in front of me. She sat down across from me.

"Is this punch?" I asked, laughing because it looked more like wine.

"I don't even know, I just grabbed them" She laughed.

"This music sucks" She slumped down in her seat.

"You suck" I retorted in a jokingly/childish way.

"You suck" She said back, throwing a small straw at my face. I took a sip of my drink and realized it was punch. I guessed the lighting made it look a lot different.

Calum slumped down in the seat next to me. Chloe wasn't around so I felt the need to ask why, and where she was.

"I don't know, she's with Trace" he answered.

Zoë perked up, and sat up in her seat,"The Trace?"

"Yeah that one you were talking to on the last day of school, before or after we left I don't remember" He told her.

"What were you talking about anyway?" I asked.

She sipped her drink ever so slowly, "He was wondering if I was going to Chelsea's party with anyone, because he wanted to go with me"

"Why?" Calum asked in disgust, remembering what happened when Trace had dumped her.

"Causes he's fucking desperate, I'm guessing no one else wanted to go with him" she began, "he probably thought I was gonna come running back like his other girlfriends have but nope." She finished popping the 'p'.

Fucking Trace. The amount of times a guy had tried that in Zoë is unbelievable. Why did everyone have to find her attractive? Why couldn't I just have her to myself?

The funny thing was she didn't know how many guys actually like and used to like her. If she heard the conversations that go on in the boys locker room about her she would for sure know what people thought about her. And maybe she would stop being so insecure. She's so damn insecure for no reason, she prefect, yet she won't realize.

The next song was better than the previous one. I knew this was one of Zoë's favorite songs. I practically gulped down the punch, knowing Zoë was about to make us go dance with her.

"Lets dance" she said on cue.

"Sure" I shrugged.

"Crap! Calum can you watch my phone for me" She asked him as she stood up. I noticed how short the shirt actually was. I bet she was trying to get out if her insecure little shell by wearing that. And she did look really hot so it was fine. But no when other guys were gonna be staring at both her breast and her stomach and her ass.

"You wish" He snorted, "I have a life too Zoë I want to dance" he said doing a little shimmy in his seat causing all of us to laugh.

"Ashton can you put this in your pocket?" she asked me. Jokingly pouting.

"This jeans are suffocating me adding a hard phone with a hard case won't help" I laughed.

"Whatever" She scoffed. I noticed her basically shoving her phone in her bra, I started to laugh, but she looked back and shot an icy glare towards me. We maneuvered through the sweaty bodies who have been dancing for god knows how long.

Chloe spotted us and made her way towards us.

"Guys hey" she slurred. Jesus we have even here for 20 minutes and she was already drunk.

"Damn Chloe" Zoë laughed, as Chloe sorta leaned on me to keep balance. Which made me laugh.

"Trace and his friends snuck in some beer get some if you want" She laughed. We moved to the beat of the song. The worst thing could happen is Zoë getting drunk, especially while she's wearing that. She usually does become more vulnerable in her drunken state, and less aware of everything going on. So someone might pull something on her and she'll let them, since she doesn't have the state of mind she does when she's sober. Basically she gets dumber.

"I got the eye of the tiger!" Chloe slurred her the lyrics while she also yelled them. Making people around us giving dirty looks. Zoë seemed so lost in the music he didn't notice Chloe's obnoxiousness.

Calum soon joined us and also notice Chloe, he didn't say anything but shake his head. He began to dance. Or at least tried to dance.

"Why is your um.." He began, clearing his throat, "What's in your bra?"

"My phone" Zoë answered.

"Oh my god whore!" Chloe laughed, probably not realizing what she said.

"First your shirt has your boobs hanging out, then you put your phone in your shirt to make people notice it wow" Chloe told Zoë, and you could easily see that Zoë was getting upset as Chloe spoke.

"I don't have anywhere else to put it." Zoë defends herself. Chloe didn't speak, before anything else could be said I took her to the other side of the gym. Leaving Calum and Zoë together.

"What the hell Chloe?!"

"It's not my fault she's been acting like a whore lately" She spoke. Chloe says the first thing that comes to mind. She's awfully truthful and everything she said come out rude and hurtful. Obviously.

"That's doesn't mean you call her out on it. You know how happy she was today you basically ruined it" I yelled over the loud thumping of the music.

"God Ashton! Everything's about Zoë! Zoë this, Zoë that. It's like you don't care about anything but her. Maybe we feel someway about something but you don't care only how Zoe feels. Wake up Ashton she's never gonna like you back! She likes Luke. No wait. she LOVES Luke, and she's probably fucking him when they're out together" She yelled at me.

I wasn't gonna have it anymore. If that's what she really felt about everything then I was just gonna leave. She was partially right. A lot of my thoughts have been revolving around Zoë. But there was no need to say it so... Harsh.

Began walking over to Calum and Zoë, you could tell Zoë was venting at Calum about what Chloe had said.

"-She has no right to call me that. What have I ever done to her to deserve that? I don't get it!" She threw her arms up in the air, "when she stops being a bitch she can go find some new friends because that was fucking rude"

I wanted to yell at both of them. It was the last day here on this campus and they are spending their time fighting. Im not getting in the middle of it this time. Or any other time. I turned back and headed to the doors that led to the track. I leaned against the wall where they practices their tennis. I slid down the wall so I was sitting.

"Couldn't take it in there?" A girl asked me as she a few feet away.

"Just need some air" I said, looking up at the sky. A guy came and joined her. She took a lighter and a cigarettes out of her black boots. She quickly lit it, taking it in between her lips and blowing a big puff of smoke out. She handed the lighter to the boys next to her. I didn't even know they went to our school, they didn't seem like the type if people to one to these types of things either.

"You want one?" The girl asked me.

"Sure" I said. All these years of teachers telling you not to smoke, and here I was about to do it. It was stupid how excited I was. But I was also afraid.

She handed me a cigarette that she pulled out of her boot. It was good place to sneak them around in.

They passed the lighter to me and I lit mine just how I saw her do it. But it wouldn't work I tried a bit more time before the girl took both the cigarette and lighter from me.

"First time?" She asked me once she lit it.

"Is it that obvious?" I joked, taking it from her as she handed it to me. The smoke filled my lungs and I began to uncontrollably cough.

"Not that obvious" The guy next to her laughed. It felt like the smoke scratched my throat. And clogged it up.

"I'm Lizzy this is Grant" She said. I looked at her, and could finally see her. She had a pastel pink type of hair. And she was wearing shorts an a plain t-shirts. I expected to find one or two piercing but I couldn't seem to. The same went with tattoos.

Grant had messy brown/blonde hair, he looked geeky. Wearing a green long sleeve in, like, 80 degree weather and jeans that were ripped the the bottom.

"Ashton" I smiled at them, but neither of them were looking my direction.

"Why are you out here? cause its clearly not to smoke" She asked, after blowing out another puff of smoke.

"Just need some air" I said, which was absurd since I was breathing in nothing but smoke. They seems to find it funny to because they both laughed.

We all stayed silent, Lizzy got up and stepped on her cigar leaving nothing but a nub and little ashes. Grant followed.

I stayed. Breathing in the smoke I was providing over and over.

___________________________

I love your comment I swear to go they are my favorite part of writing his just to see the comments :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

992 65 20
The name's Zoey. My friend, Janet, and I are dancers. It's my favorite thing to do. It's all I think about. But whenI meet a guy that's perfect for m...
978 23 14
Samantha Hood is the cousin of Calum Hood she adores 5SOS . Her best friend Isadora happens to be Luke's step sister. Samantha has never met Luke, A...
1M 34.7K 36
Ashton is okay right now. He's always like this after a bad bout. He starts off saying that the world is his oyster and he loves everyone, but when t...
115K 2.8K 44
Holly was happy with life. She was happy with early morning drives to the coffee shop before work, and spending most of her free time with her bestfr...