May I?

By RachelWatson2

May I hold you as you fall to sleep? May I be your shield? Klaine Mpreg More

I'm Pregnant
Caution
Not Alone
Red
Pieces
Let It All Go
Family
Time will heal
A Faithland Summer
A Faithland Summer Part 2
Home
You and Me
The Doctor is in
Bird Set Free
Planning
Nationals
Two days before the wedding
Surprise
Destiny
Ever Ever After
Six Months Later
A beautiful treasure
Decisions Decisions
I Lived
Excerpt 1A: The Trial
I Lived 2a
Vacation
The Birth (Excerpt)
Day 10: Trial Excerpt- Kurt's POV
Too late to apologize
Say You Won't Let Go
Excerpt #4: Post Partumn Anger
Open for Chapter Prompts
How Far I'll Go
Hey Brother
Starlight, Shine bright
Future
Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving Pt. 2
Thanksgiving Pt. 3
The Decision
Evil Plans and Birthdays
Prom
Bad
Nationals
Always and Forever
I'll Be Home For Christmas
Criticism has come to Ohio
You'll be in my heart
Graduation
Update + Sequel is up!

A Faithland Summer Part three

1.5K 34 30
By RachelWatson2

It took a few weeks during the summer at a time but slowly Kurt was starting to get back to being himself except more relaxed and at tune with everything. He had accepted that Katie was gone and had gardenias pure as snow planted for her at Faithland. Kurt and Blaine were relaxing on a dock of one of the cabins when Blaine leaned over his boyfriend and kissed Kurt upside down. Kurt giggled and kissed back before Blaine moved away and laid opposite of Kurt and held his hand. Both boys soaked in the sun and the beauty of the sparkling river as they laid in silence. Kurt softly broke the silence.

"Can we just stay here? Forget about New York and Broadway and just live here?"

Blaine sighed happily and smiled. "The more you say it, the more I think you just don't want to go back to Lima or home for that matter."

Kurt chuckled and rolled onto his side and Blaine followed suit. "Now who's fault was it that brought me to this paradise in the first place. A quiet, quaint, horse filled, delicious food, perfect bed paradise where there's no demanding Rachel Berry or crazy up and down couples."

Blaine carefully pulled Kurt to him and kissed his lips softly. Kurt smiled and kissed back, a hand pressed over Blaine's heart while Blaine's hand pressed to the small of Kurt's back. There the two boys stayed in each other's embrace.

"I love you." Kurt whispered.

"And I love how much you love this place and me." Blaine whispered back before kissing Kurt's temple.

Soon they packed up and got in Blaine's 1998 Ford cherry red pickup truck and headed back to Faithland. Kurt smiled as the sun hit his face with the perfect warmness and the pop music coming from the stereo made him stop and turn his head to look at his boyfriend who was busy driving and jamming to the music and in that moment, Kurt felt finally in tune with himself and could see why he fell in love with Blaine and why he was so ready to have a family with him. Though the seats behind them was empty, he still peeked and he could imagine one or two kids back there giggling and jamming or maybe napping and this time instead of feeling like he was going to cry, Kurt genuinely smiled and looked up at the clouds and rested his head on his arms. The wind swept through his hair but he didn't care because he was in the moment and he never wanted to leave this state of peace. Blaine watched him through the whole ordeal and just simply took his hand while he drove. They arrived at Faithland and Kurt excused himself to go check on Elizabeth. Blaine gave him a quick kiss before heading in the house and sat down to watch a game with Darren, Finn, Cooper, Burt, Jack and Ben.

Kurt walked through the barn to Elizabeth's stall and reached out to stroke her nose and behind her ear before opening it and walked in. He stroked her sides and back, her mane and neck before then wrapping his arms around her neck and closed his eyes. If he thought really hard he could almost imagine that he was holding onto his mother or at least she was in the stall watching him. His shoulders shook as he trembled and a cool wind blew through the barn that seemed to comfort Kurt to an extent along with Elizabeth turning her head to Kurt's body. Kurt scratched under her chin and smiled.

"I'm okay girl. I'm just really going to miss you when the summer's up. I kinda wish you could come with me but I know Jack and Lisa will look after you but I promise to visit and we'll go on some runs or trail rides. How that sound?"

Elizabeth whinnied happily and Kurt chuckled. He decided to hold onto her a little more before bidding her goodnight, kissed her on the nose and locked her back up. He closed the barn and headed to the house to see Lyla and Lisa relaxing on the porch swing.

"Got room for one more?" He asked.

"Always. Get over here." Lyla said, smiling. She and Lisa scooted over so Kurt could sit between the two women.

"So a little birdie told me that you love it here." Lisa smirked and nudged Kurt playfully. Kurt chuckled and nodded. "Yes. Yes I do. It's just so serene and quiet and away from Lima. Far, far away."

"That's what I told Jack when I first met him and he brought me to this place." Lisa said.

"And I said the same when Ben brought me." Lyla said. "And I do believe Chris said the same to Darren."

Kurt scoffed playfully. "Thanks for ruining the buzz ladies. But really, this place is beautiful and I'm really glad I got to come here. I hope to come back."

"I think Thanksgiving and Christmas is being spent up here so there's two opportunities for ya." Lisa smiled and patted Kurt's knee. "I'm really glad you gave this place a chance and fell in love with it. Jack felt like you needed a change of scenery and a chance to find yourself for you."

"And I have." Kurt said before telling them about the car ride he and Blaine had coming back and how peaceful he felt and his revelations and the warm wind coming in the barn. The sun was starting to set and Lyla, Lisa and Kurt held hands as they watched the sky turn to beautiful colors and the stars come through. Kurt breathed out in awe and blinked away some tears as he watched. Lyla stroked his back. Once night fell, the three went in the house to make dinner and smiled contently when they heard their family men cheer or boo during the game. Dinner was put on the table and everyone sat down and began passing the food. Everyone watched as Finn stood up and looked as if he had something to say.

"I just wanna say that I had an amazing summer and though I'm sad to see it end next week, I'll really treasure it. Thank you Jack for inviting all of us here and thank you Cooper for teaching me some new tricks. I can't wait to show them to the team and there's a ticket waiting for you if you ever show up one day. If I thanked everyone at this table, we'd be here longer so I'm going to thank one more important person that made this trip what it was meant to be about: family and that person is Kurt."

Kurt's smile to a face of shock while Finn just smiled and nodded. Blaine grabbed Kurt's hand and kissed it.

"Kurt, I know you probably felt it in the hospital whenever one of us or two of us sat by your bedside but again we wanna say we're here for you and none of us would be doing this if we didn't think you needed a little guidance after everything you've been through so if it's alright with everyone to cut dinner a little short and head to the fire pit. I made something for you Kurt."

Everyone clapped for Finn and followed the tall boy outside where a fire was lit and a big white sheet was tied to two trees and a laptop and projector lay on a table. Once everyone sat on the couches surrounding it, Finn pressed play and everyone minus Kurt showed up on the video.

Finn: What word comes to your mind when you see Kurt?

Blaine: Courage.

Burt: Strength.

Carole: Loving

Jack: Intelligent.

Lyla: Witty.

Lisa: Kind.

Ben: Good.

Darren and Cooper: 1, 2, 3...Diva

Kurt laughed with everyone else and Finn smiled. The clip changed to Lisa and Lyla sitting in the kitchen.

Finn: When you first met Kurt, what did you think about him?

Lyla: Bright. From the moment he walked in with Blaine I just saw this light emanating from him and with it was this giant bundle of emotions. Even when he spoke I could tell that this kid was serious about what he wanted to do and how to get to it. I could sense his ambition and drive and his talent was just pouring from his words and then I knew.

Finn: Knew what?

Lyla: I knew that one day he'd be an amazing son in law because I could tell that he really loves Blaine. His eyes are something to watch because his emotions spark them and give him a glow.

Lisa: I know I just met him this summer but I do hope that he returns to Faithland every summer and holiday because a bright, smart, level headed boy like that could change the world.

The clip changed to Ben, Darren, Cooper and Jack in the living room.

Finn: Describe what you thought about when you first met Kurt.

Ben: Amazed. Just deeply amazed because I was worried about Darren and Blaine having to go through hell and not surviving but meeting Kurt and learning about how he made it through just made me feel like well if he could do it then so can my boys and then I saw how he saved Blaine and Blaine saved him.

Darren: Happy. I was happy because Blaine found something in Kurt that he fell in love with and let that draw him in. Seeing them and hearing how more mature they are or how they support one another when they need it or don't is how real love should be. They're role models on how a couple should behave regardless of gender or sexual preference. I hope Chris and I can one day match their level of couple ship.

Cooper: The first time I saw Kurt I questioned if he was going to be right for Blaine and whether he was going to fit well in the family and then finding out how good at fashion he is, how high and low of a singer, the way he cooks, the way he cares about his friends and family and a bunch of things made me see that I could see him being a son in law and I could see him being like a brother to me and I could see him with his name in magazines and newspapers and lights. Hell I even see him being on a billboard.

Jack: I,uh, I'm not quite sure how you do this but when I first met Kurt I was blown away. I remember Blaine calling me up and telling me all about him and I sat here in this chair thinking 'If a guy like this can make Blaine go on and on even when I know he's smiling hard, then he must've found the one for him and I couldn't wait to meet him.'

The clip faded to Burt and Kurt knew that if he wasn't already tearing up from Blaine's side of the family, he was definately going to tear up from his side. Blaine held him close.

Burt: The first day I met Kurt was when he was born. I would've thought that I was going to hurt him if I even touched him because he just looked so precious and fragile and then Liz handed him to me and when those big, bright blue eyes looked at me, I remember saying 'Hi bud. I'm your daddy and I'm going to be here for you.' I was almost reluctant to let him go until the kid kept mistaking me for his mom when it came to feeding time.

Everyone laughed and Kurt hid his face behind Blaine's shoulder, blushing beet red.

Burt: That will always be my favorite memory because whenever I look into my son's eyes, I'm reminded of that promise I made and I'm glad that God, even if Kurt doesn't believe him, let me continue keeping that promise. I love you son and it's still you and me against the world.

Kurt sniffed and wiped his cheeks. Burt smiled at his son and when blue eyes met green, Kurt mouthed 'I love you too daddy.' And turned back to the screen. Carole kissed his cheek and Burt smiled at her. The clip changed to Blaine sitting alone in his and Kurt's bedroom.

Blaine: Hey babe. Uh Finn just handed me the camera without saying what for except that it's a surprise so I hope I don't make you cry too much and give everyone cavities. So uh here goes.

"Gotta work on your charming the camera skills little bro." Darren joked.

"Shut up I was nervous." Blaine said back.

What can I say about when I first met you when there were so many words running through my head? You were beautiful, are, breathtaking, gorgeous, smart and a terrible spy but when I got to know you, you changed every bit of my life and even when things got you down, people included, you always got back up. I'm probably the only person to bring this up but I'm so proud to love someone like you. You're a one of a kind Kurt Hummel and finding you in this lifetime has made me the happiest man in the world but I don't think our story is ending. It's beginning and I hope that you'll be standing there with me so, uh, other me,

Darren started to stand as Blaine stood when video Blaine spoke.

No not you Darren. I meant me. Uh dammit other Blaine watching this video, go to the cabinet in our bedroom.

Blaine chuckled at himself while Kurt just looked confused as everyone waited for this big surprise though Burt and Ben faked confusion. Blaine came back with his hands in his pockets with a smile and video Blaine seemed to be instructing him.

Kneel down.

Blaine knelt and Kurt gasped silently.

Now if I know myself, I would hurry and make a speech.

Everyone laughed or giggled before looking at Kurt and Blaine.

"I love you. I love you everyday that I wake up and every night I go to sleep. I love you when your happy and hate it when you're sad. There is not one word from me that could describe any part of you inside and out. When I was yours and you became mine I knew from that moment that you would be the one I want to spend forever with. So here's hoping that you will. Kurt Elizabeth Hummel, will you be my angel at the end of our broken road and marry me?"

Everyone held their breath except Kurt who was covering his mouth and sniffed. Blaine reached a hand up and wiped a tear from Kurt's cheek as he pulled out a navy blue velvet ring box and opened it. Kurt could swear that he died or that his soul left his body because the ring was everything he dreamed of having one day. It was an intertwined sterling silver band with diamonds and an infinity circle made out of diamonds. Finn had turned the camera on them at the start of Blaine's speech and was trying not to grin so hard. Lisa, Carole and Lyla had tears in their eyes and hands on their hearts as they watched. Jack, Ben, Darren, Cooper and Burt smiled proudly. Kurt could barely find the words so he nodded as fast as he could and pressed his lips to Blaine's. Everyone exploded in cheers and claps but Kurt and Blaine ignored them as they embraced each other tightly and with a final kiss, Blaine slipped the ring on Kurt's finger and smiled at how perfect it looked. How right it looked.

"Well wasn't that a surprise?" Kurt joked, wiping tears and laughed wholeheartedly. Blaine got up and sat next to him.

"There's one more person who still has something little brother." Finn smirked and pressed play. A clip showed Finn standing outside by the fire pit. He waved and spoke.

Finn: Kurt Hummel. Son, brother, friend, future actor or fashion designer, father -when that bridge is crossed one day-, son in law. They're just titles to a person but to Kurt, they're definitions that make up who he is. He taught me more than I thought I knew even if I didn't know I was learning it. He's the best brother I could ever ask for and I wouldn't trade him for anyone. He's gone through more crap than anyone in Glee Club and somehow still finds a way to get out of bed, get dressed and do it all over again. He's super talented and super smart. He's so smart that he can speak French, French! I couldn't even get past Spanish without his help. Even when he had gone through something that he wasn't ready for, he still trudged on and though the road was tough, I'm really glad he's still here. I'm glad that I'll get another chance to hear him say 'I'm older than you' or 'Don't call me bro Finn.' I'm glad that he has Blaine and I'm glad that if I ever have problems, there's two glasses of warm milk and a session with Dr. Kurt Hummel. I'm really glad you didn't die little bro. I'd miss you way too much if you did. Now if I know you like I do, get over here and hug me.

And Kurt did just that. Finn held onto Kurt tight and rubbed his back, squeezing his eyes shut. Kurt buried his face in Finn's shoulder and smiled, blinking back tears.

"I love you Finn. Thank you so much."

"Almost done." Finn whispered and let Kurt go and faced everyone. "This person couldn't be here with us today but I think that their words are the most important if not very important."

Finn pressed play and soft melodic music played as a slideshow of pictures appeared. Kurt covered his mouth and Blaine watched in shock and awe as both men realized that the pictures were of a pregnant Kurt or sonograms. He had typed words in between pictures too. One was of Kurt resting on the couch with one hand resting on his heart and the other on his 5 month belly bump.

Katie: I love you too daddy.

Another picture turned out to be a clip of Blaine singing to Kurt's bump.

Katie: I love when Papa sings me to sleep.

The video went on like that until it ended on the sixth month sonogram and Kurt was asleep on his bed with Blaine next to him. Their hands lay close on Kurt's bump. Kurt was silently crying now and Blaine held him close while tears fell down his own cheeks.

Katie: I love cuddle time and my papas.

The video ended with a Fin and then there was nothing but the sound of wood cracking and sniffing. Finn wiped his tears and Blaine got up, walked over to Finn and hugged him. Finn hugged back and patted Blaine's back. Blaine soon let go and handed Kurt some tissues.

"Thank you Finn. That meant a lot." Kurt finally said and Finn nodded.

"When I said I wanted to treasure this summer, that's what I meant. I want this summer to be deemed the summer where we got you back."

"And I am. Being here and being with everyone here has done a lot for me and Blaine so thank you." Kurt said.

"Well how about we have ourselves some smores and sing around the campfire. My gift to the happy couple." Darren said.

"Sounds perfect." Lyla said.

Darren went to grab his guitar and Blaine's while Finn and Cooper went to get the stuff for the smores. They came back and the campfire started. Each submitted a song and it was played between Blaine and Darren. It was the perfect ending to the night and Kurt looked up at the stars that shined brighter and seemed to twinkle at him. He suggested a song and sang it.

Boys workin' on empty
Is that the kinda way to face the burning heat?
I just think about my baby
I'm so full of love I could barely eat
There's nothing sweeter than my baby
I'd never want once from the cherry tree
Cause my baby's sweet as can be
She'd give me toothaches just from kissin' me

[Chorus:]
When, my, time comes around
Lay me gently in the cold dark earth
No grave, can hold my body down
I'll crawl home to her

Boys, when my baby found me
I was three days on a drunken sin
I woke with her walls around me
Nothin' in her room but an empty crib
And I was burnin' up a fever
I didn't care much how long I lived
But I swear I thought I dreamed her
She never asked me once about the wrong I did

[Chorus x2:]
When, my, time comes around
Lay me gently in the cold dark earth
No grave, can hold my body down
I'll crawl home to her

My babe would never fret none
About what my hands and my body done
If the Lord don't forgive me
I'd still have my baby and my babe would have me
When I was kissin' on my baby
And she put her love down soft and sweet
In the low lamp light I was free
Heaven and hell were words to me

[Chorus x2:]
When, my, time comes around
Lay me gently in the cold dark earth
No grave, can hold my body down
I'll crawl home to her

Kurt finished and smiled at the applause. Now it was the perfect ending to a perfect night and he owed it to his family and to Finn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 425 19
This is a book full of Klaine one shots! Some in the future some in the past most in AU! I hope u enjoy! (P.S. Finn is still alive also i im pretty...
21.8K 430 17
Another Klaine Oneshot book, about my favorite couple Kurt and Blaine
153K 5K 44
❝one day we were best friends, the next we weren't ❞ trigger warning ; [co-planned]
18.5K 548 30
Full of the cute moments, the bad moments and drama of their day to day lives as a couple.