Leah Riddle (Book 1)

By xxShaylee3xx

(Series in Editing) "What's going on?" I turned to Severus. "We need your help. The Death Eaters," Barty said... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One

Chapter Thirty-One

3.2K 47 8
By xxShaylee3xx

Draco is such an idiot. Okay, well not really, but he tried getting Crabbe to put his name in the Goblet of Fire, and poor Crabbe was electrocuted by the age line...so needless to say, he's in the Hospital Wing with the Weasley twins. The Goblet was going to spit out the names tonight, and I knew I had to be by Potter. This means I have to accept his apology.

"Leah, are you alright?" asked a nervous voice. I looked around and saw Neville looking at me cautiously.

"Oh, yes Neville I'm fine. Listen you're not mad at me, are you?" I asked putting on my sweet façade one again.

"Of course not, but I don't think it's a wise choice either," he admitted.

"Hm, it seems that's what everyone thinks. Does everybody hate me?" I asked.

"Well, no not really. Seamus has come around and Dean never was. The twins are having a laugh about it, but other than that people are still pretty mad. Sorry," He frowned.

"It's okay...what about Harry? He wanted my forgiveness, but when I turned him down..." I trailed off.

"Harry's been a little distracted, but we think it's because he feels bad about what he said. None of us like Malfoy, but we all like you...others are just a little slow on the forgiveness. Give them time," he said, smiling at me. I looked around the library and realized it was pretty empty.

"Hey, I'm sure not everyone hates me," a cool, familiar voice said. Neville paled and I sighed.

"Hey, I'm sure they do," I winked. Draco smiled and walked over to where I was sitting and Neville went to stand up.

"No, don't leave Neville," I pleaded. He hesitated and sat down, not looking at Draco.

"Longbottom," Draco acknowledged and Neville swallowed hard.

"Neville don't let him scare you, he's just a big bully," I soothed while teasing Draco. Neville smiled a little and stuck his nose into a Herbology book.

"I've been looking for you," Draco said.

"Oh?" I asked faintly.

"Yeah, what's wrong?"

"I want to accept Harry's apology," I sighed and Neville looked up at me.

"Really?" Neville asked with a smile.

"Yeah, he was just looking out for me. I suppose I could've handled the situation differently," I said.

"That's great!" Neville smiled and then picked up another book.

"Well, I'd rather you didn't, but do what you think is right," Draco sighed and Neville looked surprised. I was surprised too; Draco is a pretty good actor. 

"Thanks," I smiled and he kissed my forehead.

"Well, I've got a potions essay due, I'll see you later," he said and then walked off. I smiled at him and then sighed.

"Do you know where Harry is?" I asked Neville.

"I think he's down by the Quidditch pitch," he said, looking up from his book.

"Thanks," I smiled and sauntered down to the Quidditch Pitch. I looked around and didn't see anybody.

"Watch out!" I heard someone yell, but it was too late because I got hit in the head with something.

"Ouch," I muttered and then turned around to see Potter flying towards me. He jumped off his broom and ran over.

"Hey, are you alright?" he asked.

"Yes, I'm fine. Why are you practicing Quidditch?" I asked.

"Well, I was sort of just practicing catching the snitch. I charmed a quaffle to fly around since I didn't have a practice snitch. I'm sorry it hit you," he frowned and I smiled.

"It's fine...um I sort of came over to apologize...and see if your offer for forgiveness is still open. You were just trying to look out for me...I should have handled that differently," I sighed and he smiled.

"Leah, I was the one who yelled at you. You were right, it's none of my business and you're allowed to date whoever you want. I do have a question though," He said timidly.

"Yeah?"

"Are you friends with the other Slytherins?" he asked.

"No, I just try and be nice for Draco's sake. I don't want to take him away from his friends," I smiled and Potter laughed.

"You're too nice," he teased and I laughed eerily like my father again.

"Okay Harry, sure," I winked and he shuddered.

"What's wrong?" I asked, frowning.

"Nothing it's just...your laugh...it reminded me of... oh never mind," he chuckled, shaking his head. I smiled a little and Potter looked at me with a glint in his eyes.

"Leah...you wanna go for a ride?" he asked and I looked at him in confusion. Before I answered he was gone and I felt something grab my handing, pulling me onto the broom. I'd actually never been flying before, so it scared the crap out of me. I screamed and held onto Potter's waist tightly, not caring who he was. He laughed and took us up high above the ground.

"Oh my god, Harry take me down, now!" I demanded and he laughed.

"Why, you don't like the view?" he joked.

"Harry," I warned. He chuckled and started lowering us, but then he dove, and I mean DOVE. We were completely vertical and I was clinging to Potter desperately.

"Holy shit Harry! What is wrong with you?" I shrieked once we were closer to the ground. He kept going and I thought we were going to crash into the ground, but he turned up and went as high as the stands.

"I. Hate. You," I gasped out, trying not to puke.

"Never been flying?" he asked with a crooked smile.

"No, I haven't!" I glared and he laughed. I looked towards the castle and smiled, this really was a great view.

"Huh, I've decided I like flying," I grinned and Potter started going higher.

"I didn't say I wanted to go up to space though!" I cried and he stopped.

"Aw, why not?" he asked, but then gently lowered us back to the ground. I wobbled a bit, but gained my balance and took a deep breath.

"That was...interesting," I nodded and Potter gave me a cheeky grin.

"Oh good, I'm glad you liked it," he said.

"Liked what?" Draco asked, walking towards us with Crabbe and Goyle flanking him. Ugh, I really hate those two.

"He almost killed me!" I laughed. Potter nodded seriously and looked at me.

"I was willing to make that sacrifice," he said seriously and I glared at him. I felt the need to punch him, so I did.

"Ow, Leah!" he laughed, grabbing his arm.

"I'm gonna have a bruise," he complained.

"I was willing to make that sacrifice," I said sarcastically and he snorted.

"Looks like you two are friends again," Draco noted.

"Jealous?" Potter sneered and I sent him a look of disapproval.

"Just because you like him, it doesn't mean I have to," he shrugged.

"Be nice," I scolded them and Draco gave me a smirk.

"Yes mother," Draco said sarcastically.

"Leah, that's like telling a fish not to swim," Potter smiled and I crossed my arms.

"Yeah, well it's also like telling me to be nice; it can be done," I said firmly.

"Leah, you're naturally nice," Potter laughed and I smiled.

"Oh well, now I am not asking you two to be friends, but while I'm around please don't kill each other," I laughed.

"Fine, but only because you asked so nicely," Draco smiled, hugging me around my waist from behind. I smiled and Potter glanced at us distastefully.

"Why'd you come down here?" I asked, turning my head slightly.

"I figured you'd be hungry," he laughed and I scowled, though he couldn't see it.

"Why'd you figure that?"

"You're always hungry," he laughed and I smiled.

"Yes, I am. Is it dinner already?" I asked.

"Yeah, and they're announcing the champions tonight," he said, nodding.

"Oh yeah, that's right. Hey...I think I'm gonna sit with Harry tonight. You can hang out with your friends. I know they don't like me," I said, throwing a glance at his two goons.

"Yeah, that's fine. And...they don't HATE you. They just think you're too sickly sweet," he smirked. I untangled his arms from my waist and laughed, stepping back.

"I'm sweet like sugar," I smirked and he rolled his eyes.

"Okay Leah, whatever you say." He shook his head and I sighed.

"See you later," I said, kissing him quickly before dragging Potter up to the castle.

"I think I'm gonna be sick," he joked.

"Shut up," I smiled and then opened the Great Hall doors. At the front of the Hall, a huge golden cup was sitting on a grand pedestal.

"That must be the Goblet of Fire," I said in slight awe. Potter nodded and I sat down at the Gryffindor table next to him.

"What's she doing here?" Ginny spat and I glared.

"Ginny, lay off," Potter said coolly. I smiled smugly at her and she stared at me hatefully.

"Did you two make up?" Fred asked, smiling at us dreamily.

"Yes we did," I smiled and he gasped.

"Aw, how nice!" he said. I laughed and shook my head.

"Now you can make up with Ronald," Granger sniffed.

"No, not after he did that to me. You know what... I'll settle for friends. Besides, I'm taken," I smirked. Granger scrunched her nose but nodded.

"Fine, and Leah, I'm not mad at you. We were a bit harsh," she admitted.

"It's fine, we were all angry," I nodded.

"I don't forgive her," Ginny sneered.

"Nobody asked you," I snapped.

"Okay well lets all hush, they're going to call the champions!" George smiled. It was true. Dumbledore was waiting at the front of the Hall and the Goblet was spitting fire angrily. We all fell silent and I felt slightly nervous.

"Well, the Goblet is almost ready to make its decision. I estimate that it requires about one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them to please come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber, where they will be receiving their first instructions," He said, and then waved his wand so all the candles went out. The Goblet illuminated the Hall and it was glowing a blue color; the color of the fire. The fire suddenly turned red and sparks started flying from it, and then a burst of flame burst from it, shooting out a charred piece of paper. Dumbledore caught the paper and read it silently before reading it aloud.

"The champion for Durmstrang will be Viktor Krum!" Dumbledore announced and I smiled broadly, clapping so hard my hands hurt. He rose from the Slytherin table and walked into the chamber. We stopped clapping and waited for the next champion. A second piece of paper burst out and Dumbledore grabbed it again, before reading it aloud.

"The champion from Beauxbatons will be...Fleur Delacour!" he smiled and I rolled my eyes. No competition there.

"Look they're all disappointed," Granger pointed out and I looked over to where they were sitting. Some girls were slumped over crying! I watched as another paper shot out and then Dumbledore smiled.

"The Hogwarts champion will be Cedric Diggory!" I grinned slightly. No competition whatsoever.

"No!" Weasley groaned and I giggled slightly. 

"Well, now we have our three champions! I am sure I can count upon all you, including the students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give our champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real-" Dumbledore started saying but stopped short as two streams of fire shot out of the Goblet and then joined as two slips of paper fluttered to the ground. Dumbledore stared at them in shock and I looked at Potter who was in awe. It was a long time before Dumbledore said anything, and he just stared at the papers. Finally, he spoke.

"Harry Potter and Leah Loveland."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.2K 1.1K 16
TOMIONE/DRAMIONE FANFICTION (EDITING) __________ The world has gotten darker ever since Lord Voldemort's return was confirmed, and Harry Potter must...
2M 22.9K 124
DRACO LOVE STORY. Smut, strong language, some mature content! Juliet has had everything in her life handed to her from the start. Gorgeous. Talente...
7.9K 153 24
What if before voldemort killed harry's parents, he had a daughter? This daughter would be raised by the Malfoy for years, only learning magic from t...
27K 487 37
Severus Snape? Yeah, I'm related to him. No, he isn't a real Death Eater. No, I don't believe in Voldemort and his views, no matter how much I hang o...