The selection: After the heir

By Call_Me_Mrs_Schreave

I loved the heir and cried when it was over and then when I read the crown I was disappointed. Here's what I... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter ten
Authors note!!
Chapter Eleven
Chapter 10: Kiles Pov
Chapter twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
-AUTHORS NOTE-
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
-Authors Note-
Sorry
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
-AUTHORS NOTE-
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter-Thirty
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Epilogue
PLEASE READ
20K READS!!!!
Christmas Special
One year
Two years

Chapter Thirty-One

2.8K 55 74
By Call_Me_Mrs_Schreave

Okay like first of all, my surprise is getting behind which is why I didn't want to upload this today but oh well anyway... I'm posting this because you guys wanted me too. Enjoy 😉

After I jumped off Kile I felt a huge pain in my side, but ignored it yet again.

Kiles wound was bandaged and he was given some sweats to wear because his pants were ripped and torn from trying to get off to get rid of the wound.

I'm still on top of him, I guess I never really got off. Or wanted too and he didn't either. I looked in his eyes and kissed him again.

Eventually I remembered people were in the room too, we really needed to stop kissing in public.

"Kile? Can you walk?" I asked.

"Maybe if you get off me." He said smiling.

"I'm going I'm going," I responded giggling. I got off him and helped him stand up. He was given a cane so he could walk better but still could really only put pressure on his one other leg.

By now I was just wearing a t-shirt and my shorts. I couldn't run in a dress right now.

He grabbed my waist when he tried to stand so he wouldn't fall. I felt pain that seemed like pressure was being put on my side and I winced in pain. He immediately took his hands off and realized he had blood on one hand.

"Eady, your bleeding." When he said that I looked down and then started to feel all the pain on my waist. I was shot. But only skimmed me.

"Ow." I said since I was finally feeling all the pain of it on my waist.

"Yeah, ow." He said laughing.

"I know how to do stitches." He said breaking the silence.

"Yes please." I answered.

We went to a corner in the room, that nobody could see us, and he grabbed the medical kit, so he could do the stitches. He went to my waist, and my blood covered tank top/t-shirt. My tried to look at it through the shirt.

"Here," I said lifting up my tank top.

"No Eady." He said pulling my hands down.

"But you can't see." I said. And continued, I had a bra on. And we were in the corner of the room that no one could see. I threw it on the ground and he started at me.

"Wow." He says.

"Kile, my wound is down there." I said and he blushed.

"Sorry."

"It's okay, fiancée." I added. And he smiled. "This wasn't what I imagined the first time you'd see me shirtless would look like." I said.

"Guess we both imagined different things."he said smiling.

Kile cleaned the wound and I tried my best not to scream and it didn't work. He gave me something to bit down on, because we didn't want people coming over here. He gave me 2 stitches, it was all I really needed. And then I grabbed my bloodied t shirt and put it back on.

"Thank you." I said and kissed him.

"Your welcome." He said smiling and we walked back to the main area, holding hands. Kile still limping but he was stronger than I thought he'd be.

I saw my mom and hugged her, she hugged me but pulled back. Seeing my waist, "Eady! What happened?" She screamed.

"It's fine Kile fixed me up." I said.

"You were shot!" She said.

"I've been shot before, this was nothing." I said, remembering that last time.

"Where's dad?" I asked.

"He-he Ahren wanted him, and he left." She said letting a small tear escape her eye.

"without me!?" I asked.

"He's the king."

"And I'm Ahrens sister, and the Queen."

"Too-be." She corrected.

"I'm going." I said.

"No Eadlyn." She commanded.

"If Ahren wants someone it's me he wants." I said and then pointed to my waist, "I have a gun." I said.

"I'm coming with you." Kile said interrupting.

"Kile you were just shot!" I pointed to his thigh.

"So were you, I'm fine." He said.

"Fine but you'll need a gun." I said, "mom? Can Kile have a gun?" I asked.

"I still don't want you to go." She said crossing her arms.

"I need too." I paused, "he's my brother." I said. "Where did dad go?" I asked.

"I still don't want you to go but, he left through that way. Their meeting at the front door." She said and I grabbed a gun I saw on the floor and handed it to Kile and grabbed his free hand and pulled him to the exit.

"I'll be okay." I promised. She gave a weak smile.

Me and Kile walked out and shut the door behind us and walked to the entrance through a secret passage way. We knew it wasn't safe but we thought it'd be a little better.

When we exited I saw him. Ahren.

"Oh look who we have here." I heard Camille say.

"What do you want?" I asked. By now I was next to my dad and behind his arm I had my hand on my gun ready to shoot at any moment.

"Oh you know, land, power. You. Dead." She said. I looked at Ahren and he wasn't saying anything.

"Ahren?" I said starting to cry. He just shook his head.

"Ahren come here." She said giving him a gun.

"What?" He asked.

"You've proved your worthy and your on our side. You just have to do one more thing." She grabbed the gun in his hand and pointed it to me. And then let go of his hand. "Shoot her." She said.

"What? This wasn't part of the deal?" He said, "you never said I'd have to kill her myself!" He screamed.

"Who do you love more? Me or her?" She asked.

"I can't do it." He said.

"Shoot!" She screamed. Kile was behind me and I shoed him away. 'Kile don't come' I mouthed. My dad wasn't next to me anymore. The French guards grabbed him away. He screamed.

"No! Take me not her!" My dad screamed.

"Eady! Don't let them do this!" Kile screamed.

"Ahren! Shoot." She screamed again.

At that moment time froze and it was just me and Ahren. He had sweat on his forehead and tears coming out of his eyes. Ahren never cried. I thought. This was it, I'm done for. I've survived a lot and this is the end. My own brother. My own brother is going to kill me.

Then the reality of time came back to me, and I saw Ahren still struggling.

"No." He said and ran to me pointing the gun at Camille.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 3.5K 22
Book 1 in this series. America and Maxon have been married for two years. America loves getting to wake up next to the love of her life. But she isn...
104K 2.6K 45
Sometimes, it's easier to just fall. ☼ rewrite of THE SELECTED. Read the original here: http://my.w.tt/UiNb/cw0lz3XS9B
8.4K 262 14
MAJOR SPOILERS FOR ALL THRONE OF GLASS BOOKS until Tower of Dawn This is a fanfic about what happened after the events of Empire of Storms and Tower...
22 14 38
This is only a sample of my draft for my story that I am writing. I am planning on rewriting this story entirely into a different setup, but I would...