Chapter Twenty

Do you like my spamming spree I hope you do!! Haha I thought this would be a big hit but nobody's reading right now. Oh well, comment your thoughts. While reading because I'm very curious.

Kile was dead, I hadn't eaten for hours. I didn't care anymore. This wasn't a dream, and I didn't care about anything anymore.

I heard someone coming and I ran to Kile and grabbed his gun.

"Don't! Don't come near me or I'll shoot!"

"Eady, oh Eady what happened." It was my dad.

"K-K-Kile he-he's g-g-g-g-gone." I finally got out then bursted into tears.

"Eady. Oh Eady." My dad ran up to me and hugged me. "It's okay, it'll be okay." My dad said. I wormed my way out of his grasp and screamed.

"No! No it won't, I loved him dad I really did and you don't know what that's like, to lose the love of your life!" I screamed than started to hyperventilate. "You-you-you have mom....and Ahren has Camille." I tried to calm down, "I have," I paused for a long time. "Nobody." My dad he opened his mouth to speak, but he then closed it. Opened again but closes as soon as he opened.

"Eadlyn," he finally spoke. "Your right, I don't understand but here's something I do understand." I was about to object but he cut me off. "But if your mother died, I would be heartbroken." I saw a tear go down his face. My dad never cries.

"I-I-I- I just I finally decided it was him dad and he's gone." I cried more and more. "Is this a dream? Dad I keep thinking this is a dream."

"Honey, I'm sorry it's not." He sighed. I still hoped it was, come on Eadlyn wake up wake up you can do this wake up and marry Kile! I screamed at myself. then I thought I know why, I'm not waking up.

"Dad!" I screamed.

"What Eady?"

"Pinch me! I won't wake up if I pinch myself but If you pinch me it will work." He looked confused, "please daddy?" I begged and gave him a puppy face. He sighed and took my arm and pinched me. I closed my eyes come on Kile, I'm coming. I'm coming for you Kile! I closed my eyes and expected to wake up next to Kile but instead. I was in my dads arms still, in the saferoom. I looked to see if Kiles body was still there and it was.

My hands were still bloody, my head was still bloody, my dress was all ruined. I cried, "it's not real." I said and kept saying. My dad picked me up and we walked through the halls.

There were dead bodies everywhere, I saw faces I knew, faces of maids and butlers and guards. Oh please Neena be okay. I thought. Neena I need you to be okay. "Please." I cried, that wasn't supposed to he out loud. Oops.

"What? Eadlyn please what?" My dad asked.

"Neena I hope she's okay, I really like her." My dad smiled.

"Eadlyn whatever happens, I want you to know something." I nodded and he continued, "I'm so proud of you. You never wanted to do this selection thing and now you might have actually found love." I sighed and a little tear fell from my face. "Or you had a feel of it. But that's not the point. The selection has changed you. At first you were nothing like your mother but now, I see a little of her In you every day and I'm so proud of you. And even if some people might doubt, I believe you'll be a great ruler." He sighed and hugged me tighter, he was already carrying me.

"Thank you dad, it really means a lot. Not just having the Kings approval maters. But having my dads approval." I said.

"Now since we're walking anyway and have a long journey ahead of us, because that saferoom you were in was very far away from the hospital wing." He said I was scared what was he going to ask? "Why were you in Kiles room? Not just that one time but many times." Uh oh, here it was.

"Dad I swear, we didn't do anything," I paused. "I wasted to." I confessed.

"Eadlyn! Schreave! How d-" I cut him off.

"He didn't let me," my dad sighed. "Anyway let me finish." He opened his mouth but closed it so I could finish. "Ever since I was almost kidnapped and shot, I was so scared to be in my room. And dad he made me feel safe. All I did was lay next to him at night and sleep. With his arms around me. That's it. I just I felt so vulnerable alone, and he made me feel safe. Nothing happened I swear." I expected for him to yell at me but he chuckled and laughed.

"Eadlyn, I just want you to be careful. Don't give your full self to anybody unless you know it's that person. And your married." He said and kissed my forehead. The safe alarm never blared so their could still be rebels in the castle but my dad didn't care neither did I. We went to the hospital wing, it was totally abandon.

"America!" My dad screamed. Then all the sudden my dad dropped me, and I knew why. I just couldn't believe it. He was shot. In the leg, I ran to him.

"Dad!" It was just his leg so he'll be okay right? I asked trying to comfort myself. "Please dad you already Did this once don't do it again." He smiled at me. Then I heard the gun again. It shot him in the other leg, and again in the arm.

"Eadlyn! Run!" My dad screamed.

"But I can't leave you!" I screamed back I couldn't leave him. The gunshots were getting closer.

"Eadlyn I'll be okay! Go get mom and nurse I'll be okay!" My dad responded I knew he wasn't going to be okay but the gunshots were getting closer and closer. "Eadlyn now!" My dad screamed, I could now see the figure shorting and I got up and ran. I stumble a few times because now the bullets were getting closer to me, and he missed but he was shooting at me. I ran and shut the door and looked through the window to see. He wasn't aiming at me anymore. He had his gun to my dads head. I wanted to scream but I knew I couldn't or he would catch me as well.

He pulled the trigger.

Okay I'm pretty sure everyone hates me now. But I'm curious please comment your thoughts for this chapter remember new chapter in an hour!

-maddy