Chapter Twenty-Two

Guys this might be short but not only is this the last chapter but it might be the last chapter in this story as well. So enjoy!

After my parents died it was all a blur, I was crying with Eríks arms around me trying to comfort me.

"Your majesty, we found a body." I heard a guard say.

"Who?" Who was it who did they find, why were they telling me.

"Osten." He choked out.

"No,no, no." This this can't be. Everyone is dying what did I do to deserve this. This is all my fault.

"Eadlyn!" I heard a name scream, I looked up.

"Kaeden!" I yelled. He was there in the doorway. Stumbling as he walked towards me, then I realized he had blood on his hands. Coming from his chest and his leg. I looked down to see he was shot. In the leg and the arm. He walked closer and closer to me and then fell.

"Eadlyn, you'll be a great queen." He said and closed his eyes.
"No! No! Stay with me please!" He was the only thing I had left, Ahren betrayed me. I had no one.

My wedding is tomorrow I proposed to Erík, Henri wasn't very happy about this but I didn't even care anymore. I was marrying Erík and that was final.

"Eadlyn?" I heard Erík call me, I must of zoned out again.

"I'm sorry I was thinking about my family, I still can't believe their gone. My dad, my mom." I started to cry.

He wrapped his arms around me kissed my forehead. "Eadlyn, I'm sorry. I wish I could do something but I can't," he sighed. While I kept crying into his shoulder. "But I will be your shoulder to cry on." I gave a small smile. "Theres that smile I love."

"You love me?" I asked.

"Eadlyn of course I love you." He said and I sniffled and looked at him.

"I-I-I love you too." I said and kissed him. Kile wanted me to be happy, so I need to be happy. For Kile.

"Are you sure your ready?" I asked him.

"Ready for what?" He asked

"To rule a kingdom with me?" I asked.

"Eadlyn I'm ready to do whatever with you." He said.

I was standing at the alter, with Erík standing in front of me. I need to do this for Kile. For my dead brothers. For my dad, for my mom.

We said our vows but I wasn't really paying attention. Until I heard Erík say, "I do."

He nudged me, it was my turn, "I-I," I paused and Erík gave me a 'you don't have to do this' look.

I returned back a look saying 'I want too'

This was the moment that changed everything. I was marrying Erík, and becoming queen. I couldn't believe this was happening. I needed to do this though, for Kile. Why can't I stop thinking about Kile? He's gone and he's not coming back.

"I do." I confirmed.

I didn't really care what happened next, me and Erík were married but I still only thought about Kile. We got many 'congratulations' at the reception and I just nodded and said 'thank you' I've been raised to be queen, I know how to hide my feelings.

After everyone left Erík came over to me, "Eadlyn, we don't have to do it today." He told me.

"I'm sorry Erík I'm just so tired and still really stressed I'm not myself right now, and-and-and-" I started to hyperventilate and have another panic attack. Erík swooped me up.

"Let's go to our room." 'Our room' I thought.

Erík set me down in the bed and layed next to me. While I cried. His arms wrapped around me. He kissed me softly and said, "I love you Eadlyn." I loved him too, but I still thought about Kile and couldn't stop thinking about him. Eventually Kile faded.

I responded back, "I love you too Erík," he still had his arms around me.

When I closed my eyes I drifted off for a little and I woke up. I didn't close my eyes, I was still too tired to open my eyes. But the arms were still around me. But they felt different, it felt stronger and safer. I opened my eyes to see I wasn't in bed anymore. 'Oh no I was kidnapped, and Erík is hugging me.' I thought but that possibly couldn't be the case. When I opened my eyes the arms were a different color, the skin tone was different. And then I realized why the arms felt different and stronger. Than I finally came back to reality. I wasn't kidnapped. I was sweating like crazy and breathing really heavily.

I kept hearing "shh, Eady shh." Only one person except for my family calls me that. I turned to see those brown eyes again.

Kile.

Haha did you figure it out!!! All that heartache it was just a dream HAHAHAHHAHAHA I bet you hate me now. I planned this all along!! Fricking I couldn't kill Kile I ship the keadlyn ship way too much. Hope you enjoyed my spree. Also I lied this isn't my last chapter in this book, but it is last in my posting spree for today. Hope you enjoyed and if I made you cry that's a good thing right? It means I'm a good writer...I hope.

-maddy