Chapter twelve

I woke up somewhere else this time, I was in a room. But this time I was alone. No hand holding mine, no tears falling on my cheek. Just me and the silence of the room. I opened my eyes to see I was actually in my room. Not a different hospital room. My room. I turned my head and winced a little at first. But the pain in my head and stomach were only a sore ache now. When I moved my head I found a note.

Dear Eadlyn,
I don't know when you will wake up. But we moved you to your room, figured it might be more comforting than a hospital bed. Your head and stomach should be fine now but you will still have a sore pain. I am back in the castle and apart of the elite. I don't know what your father did but I'm back now I guess. You probably hate me now because I left and it's my fault you hit your head and had brain surgery. And if you hate me and want me to leave. I understand.

~~~~sincerely, Kile.

I smiled at that letter, but I'm not mad at Kile, at all. He was there for me when my parents weren't. He stayed with me through all the screams, and tears and blood. I cringed at that word, blood. That's probably why I'm so tired, I lost a lot of blood. I needed to talk to Kile so he would know I wasn't mad at him. I looked at the clock. It was three am in the morning. Why did I wake up now instead of a time during the day. That didn't matter, I was going to Kile now.

I ran to his room, and then realized running made it hurt even more. I walked, quietly to his room. Nobody could know I was doing this or I would get into huge trouble.

I was at his door, I rooms deep breath and knocked. It was probably 3 minutes later until he opened the door. "Eadlyn?" He looked surprised. "Oh my gosh Eadlyn I'm s-" I cut him off with a kiss. He didn't pull away. He grabbed my waist and I put my arms around his neck.

"Don't leave me ever again! You hear me." I sassed to him like I was his parent.

"Yes ma'am." He replied jokingly. I pushed him into his room while kissing him. His messy room, I used to hate it but now I don't. He picked me up bridal style and I whimpered.

"Eadlyn? Eady what's wrong?" He asked sounding worried.

"Bullet wound, remember." I sighed, that brought back bad memories.

"Oh..." He paused, "sorry." He frowned.

"Kile, it's fine you probably forgot, don't be so hard on yourself." I rubbed his shoulder, he put me on his bed. Gently, trying not to hurt me.

"Sorry Eadlyn it's just, It's my fault this happened, you never would have gotten hurt if I didn't drop you." He had a slight tear coming but he quickly wiped it away.

"Kile!" I yelled, "this is not your fault, you saved me. Let alone ran across the castle with a stab wound. And you think it's your fault?"

"No it's not that I just, I dropped you. And your head hit the desk." I motioned for him to get on the bed. I sat so I was kinda in his lap. I looked up at his beautiful brown chocolate eyes.

"Kile, as much as I want to. I could never hate you, so what if you dropped me. You ran across the castle. WITH A STAB WOUND! And you didn't even care about your own well being until you actually fainted. Even after that you didn't care, you kept running to my room." I told him. I snuggled up on his chest, right under his neck.

"You know?" He asked, knew about what? I gave a confused face. "How did you know I ran to you?"

"My dad told me when I woke up, he was amazed that you didn't even care about your wound. Because you shouldn't of even been able to stand let alone run with that wound."

"Anything for you." I giggled, and then I got closer, and closer to him and he kissed me. I didn't pull away, I hadn't kissed him in so long. I missed it. I don't know how long it lasted but I wished it was longer. "Eadlyn--Eady, I I just, I'm sorry, I didn't, I -I-" I cut him off with a kiss. Than broke away and took a big breath.

"Kile Woodwork! Don't you dare! If you say one more word about how it was 'your fault' I will stop kissing you, and leave because. It. Is. Not. Your. Fault!" I exclaimed. Before he could speak I got closer to him and put my lips on his. He grabbed my waist while I put my arms around his neck. And we stayed there like that. As he was kissing me he felt my arms had goosebumps because I was freezing.

"Eadlyn! Your freezing!" He yelled.

"No it's nothing," I tried to go back to kissing him but he resisted. He picked me up and put me under the covers. He sat on top of the covers, and kissed my nose.

"Eadlyn, what would I do without you?" He asked. Before I could answer he kissed me. After the attack I never felt safe anywhere. But with Kile, I felt safe. The kisses became more and more passionate, and since it was 3 am nobody could bother us now. He picked me out of the covers and held me. Between our kisses he stroked my cheek. I tugged at his shirt, to see if he would flinch and he didn't. I pulled his shirt off and then he stopped.

"No Eadlyn! We can't do this now." He yelled, I could see the frustration in his eyes. He's right. "Your stressed, and I don't want to take advantage of you." He paused, "I just I couldn't do that, Eady you know me." I sighed he was right, he got up to get his shirt.

"Can I stay at least?" I asked, I couldn't go back to my room not after what's happened.

"Sure." He came back to his bed, I was curled in a ball. My back to his chest. He had his arms around me, I'm safe.

-------------------------------------------------------
AUTHORS NOTE: your gonna hate me for this
-------------------------------------------------------

And then I realized.